Halloween Safety Page 2013.qxd
THE NORTH PLATTE TELEGRAPH
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2013
Your pumpkin isn’t finished, Move back 1 space
• Glow sticks can cause immediate stinging and a burning sensation if the liquid comes in contact with the mouth or the eyes. Be careful when small children put these in their mouths. • Try giving out non-edible treats such as stickers, pencils, erasers, or other party favors, or healthier treats like fruit snacks. 2700 East Walker Rd. North Platte, NE 69101
(308) 532-5080 You forgot your Trick-or-Treat Bag Move Back 2 Spaces
• When children trick-or-treat, treats should be carefully checked by adults. Homemade treats or anything out of its original wrapper should be thrown away unless parents are certain they know who it came from.
Caught in the spider’s web
Skip 1 Turn
• Providing children with a full meal before trick-or-treating will reduce the temptation for children to eat too many treats before they return home. • Costumes should be warm, well fitting and non-flammable. Masks should provide adequate vision and should be removed while children are crossing the streets.
C&D PLUMBING Free Estimates 20% Senior Discount 532-0968
• Make sure children are accompanied by an adult and take a flashlight along if it is dark. All children should stay in their own neighborhood and only go in homes of friends and family.
1002 South Dewey 534-3850
For more information contact the Nebraska Regional Poison Center by calling 1-800-222-1222.
S t a r t H e re Rules:
Stir the Pot,
1. Get 1 die to roll & 1 marshmallow for each player. 2. Roll the die & move your marshmallow according to the number you roll. Follow the arrows around the board. 3. Follow any instructions in the boxes. If you land on a space someone else is already on, go back 5 spaces. 4. The winner is first one to get to the Jack-o-lantern.
Move 1 Spot
Dine-In, Carry Out & Delivery 520 E. Philip Ave Suite #2 North Platte, NE
534-8000 Online ordering at
Iron Eagle Golf Course 2401 HALLIGAN DRIVE NORTH PLATTE
308-535-6730 Do your best impression of Frankenstein
1721 East 4th Street • North Platte, NE
SUBSCRIBE TO THE NORTH PLATTE TELEGRAPH TODAY:1-800-753-7092, (308) 532-6000