Modelling process At first, I made a detailed preliminary study in Polyethylene foam. I started doing this purely based on my feeling for shape and through simply doing it. My approach was to cut the basic shape, after I shaped it to the correct form I applied marker silhouettes and contour lines to direct myself with removing material. Moreover, I kept adjusting these lines en removing material until I was satisfied with the result. In addition, this model formed the starting point for the final model. Therefore, I moved on to Polyurethane for the final model, this material is commonly used in product visualization
and modelling. This material is hard to manipulate and therefore not particularity suitable for freely modelling a car exterior. I chose to use it anyways, because I was experienced with the material and it was more expensive to obtain modelling clay. Finally, I deliberately chose not to CNC mill the model, the purpose of this project was feeling the forming process. Therefore, I hand carved a model out of the Polyurethane foam using saws, chisels, files, drills and all sorts of sandpaper to remove material.