DEAR HOMEOWNER, I know that your home is probably the most valuable possession you have. In fact, many of the people I serve have only the equity in their property to see them through their retirement years. With this in mind, I wish to thank you for trusting me to help you through the process of selling your home. My first objective is to help you set a listing price that represents your property's top market value -- an objective that requires a thorough understanding of the market. To help you in this regard, I've included a detailed market analysis that provides information about similar properties in your area that are currently for sale or recently sold. It has been prepared to ensure that you make the most informed decision you can when pricing your property. Additionally, this presentation also includes a description of my marketing strategy, as well as tips for making your home as attractive as possible to prospective buyers. You'll also find extensive information that will help you feel confident that you are being represented by an agent and company that is second to none. I welcome the opportunity to serve you, and encourage you to contact me whenever you have questions about the marketing and sales process.
Nick Gioia Re/Max Sails
ABOUT NICK GIOIA As one of the top real estate agents in Baltimore, Nick Gioia brings an unsurpassed level of expertise and knowledge to his clients. He is a seasoned RE/MAX Sails associate with over 11 years of experience in the real estate industry helping buyers and sellers achieve their goals in the Baltimore Metropolitan Region of Maryland. He has worked with hundreds of individuals in the Greater Baltimore Metropolitan area, assisting them in buying and selling their homes.
Nickâ€™s love for working with people is evident in his ability to quickly build rapport and trust, which explains why over 70% of his business comes from repeat and referral clients. His friendly, down to earth demeanor, blended with his unrivaled negotiating skills, extensive market knowledge and cutting edge marketing strategies have led him to be acknowledged as one of the most respected and honored real estate professionals in the area. When not working with clients, Nick devotes his time to assisting Habitat for Humanity as a Project Development Coordinator. In this role, he is able to give back to the community in which he serves and perform a vital role in rebuilding urban neighborhoods in Maryland. Nick is a distinguished graduate of the University of Baltimore and an active member of the Greater Baltimore Board of Realtors, Maryland Association of Realtors and National Association of Realtors. In his real estate career, he has also earned the Graduate Realtor Institute (GRI) and Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR) designations.
2009, 2007, 2006
2004, 2003, 2001
REAL CLIENT ADVANTAGES THE SELLER ADVANTAGE PROGRAM
Real solutions for today’s market .
MARKETING FOR TODAY To capture the online buyer, we’re generating broad exposure for your property with unprecedented broad presence on Internet real estate sites and portals. Our online marketing strategy continues to change and evolve with the ever-changing online real estate space. Just a few years ago, sites like Trulia and Zillow didn’t exist, Google™ wasn’t displaying real estate listings. As the online Real Estate space evolved and home seekers began to integrate online searching into their home buying experience, RE/MAX and Baltimore Real Estate Sales have continued to keep pace with real estate buying habits. Today, you will find your property, your agent and the RE/MAX brand on the most visited web sites and real estate portals on the web. Not only will you have the exposure, but Nick Gioia will promote the features most online home seekers demand; multiple photos, maps, descriptions and school and community information. Research shows a dramatic shift from newspapers to the Internet during the home search:
36% of buyers found the home they purchased through an agent 24% of buyers found the home they purchased on the Internet 15% of buyers found the home they purchased through yard signs 5% of buyers found the home they purchased through print ads Statistics courtesy of National Association of Realtors 2010
OUR ONLINE PRESENCE @ BALTIMOREREALESTATESALES.COM ATTRACTS MORE THAN 8,000 VIEWS PER MONTH. OUR TOOLS ALLOW CLIENTS AND PROSPECTS ALIKE TO SEARCH PROPERTIES, COMMUNICATE WITH NICK GIOIA, AND EXPLORE NEIGHBORHOODS WITH JUST A FEW MOUSE CLICKS.
EXPOSURE EMAIL MARKETING (E-BLASTS) WE MARKET YOUR HOME TO OVER 6,000 COOPERATING BROKERS. Every week, we send new listing announcements along with broker open and open house invites to thousands of cooperating Realtors. Our website allows prospects and clients alike the ability to save their criteria and automatically be notified when new listings match their criteria.
PROPERTY BROCHURES AS THE SAYING GOES, YOU NEVER GET A SECOND CHANCE TO MAKE A FIRST IMPRESSION. We create stunning property brochures, flyers, and just listed postcards to market our listings.
THE NEW FACE OF PRINT
THE SIGN OF THE TIMES The National Association of Realtors reports that 80% of homebuyers begin their search online. Our in-house research indicates this percentage for Baltimore area home seekers is over 90%. Our aggressive internet marketing programs puts your home in front of prospective buyers. We include all of our listings in the online editions of The Baltimore Sun & The Washington Post.
80% OF HOMEBUYERS BEGIN THEIR SEARCH ONLINE Statistics courtesy of National Association of Realtors 2010
ONLINE & PRINT MARKETING
A sampling of various publications where our property advertisements have appeared.
PROFESSIONAL IMAGES ENHANCED REAL ESTATE ADS We develop Professional Quality Real Estate Pictures and unique ads. We only use high resolution professional quality images that have been creatively enhanced into “magazine style” real estate ads to accentuate your property’s most important features.
INTERNET LISTING SYNDICATION
Maximize Your Listing Exposure Listing Syndication is one of the fastest growing listing advertising mediums on the Internet today. Giving your listing maximum exposure just makes sense and BaltimoreRealEstateSales.com has one of the largest syndication networks in the real estate industry. Our clients have their homes listed on over 400 of the highest trafficked real estate search sites on the Internet.
SYNDICATION ACCELERATED CRAIGSLIST Craigslist has quickly become one of the most valuable resources to advertise real estate. We understand the benefits of Craigslist and have become one of the first brokers in the area to create an automatic Craigslist marketing system. Our proprietary Craigslist marketing system allows us to optimize and track your property on Craigslist, ensuring youâ€™re always at the top of search results for your area.
SOCIAL MEIDA Baltimore Real Estate Sales uses social marketing to promote all of our listings. We maintain an active presences on Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube & Facebook. New listings and open house notifications are automatically syndicated and advertised on the major social networking websites.
SINGLE PROPERTY WEBSITES & MOBILE SINGLE PROPERTY WEBSITES Single property websites are complete websites dedicated to showcasing your property. Our in‐house marketing department is available to create stunning property websites loaded with features: • • • • • • • • •
Personalized domain name (www.123MainStreet.com) Hi‐Def Panoramic Virtual Tours Open House Calendar Realtor.com Posting MLS Compliant Website & Virtual Tour Inclusion Integrated Property Feedback System Search Engine Optimized Google Street Views And much more...
MOBILE MARKETING Baltimore Real Estate Sales iPhone /iPad application allows prospective buyers the ability to search the entire MLS system using their phone’s GPS. Our featured listings are always highlighted in the search query results. Our iPhone application is available for download on our website, or via the iTunes store. Re/Max Sails
PROPERTY SIGNS REINVENTED REFLECTIVE SIGNS We feel that signs should not only advertise your property but be highly visible. So we added 3M High Intensity Grade Reflective Sheeting to our For Sale Signs. Using these signs are able to: • • •
Increased customer visibility at night Buyers will clearly recognize that your Home is “FOR SALE” Instantly recognize critical information
INNOVATIVE SIGN RIDERS Our Sign Riders Link buyers to a website showcasing your property. and Use QR codes. What is a QR Code? A QR Code is simply a bridge to your property website that when scanned with a mobile device takes a consumer on a journey beyond the paper it is printed on. Re/Max Sails
RELOCATION BUYERS RELOCATION ADVANTAGE Our Relocation Division specializes in serving buyers transferring to and from Maryland. As a RE/MAX International affiliate, we have developed relationships with some of the largest employers in the region. Through our network, we are able to assist a variety of qualified relocation buyers looking to purchase a home in the Greater Baltimore Metropolitan Region.
PROGRESSIVE MARKETING 10 Progressive Marketing Steps We Take To Get Your Home Sold!
We create a Sharp Website For Your Home. It will have a unique domain name for your street address. And it will be syndicated to more than 400 property search portals like Trulia, Zillow, and Google Base.
Itʼs really surprising that more agents arenʼt doing this. We create a Google ad that shows up when people search for keywords related to your neighborhood and area. This way, as out of town people search Google for real estate, your property will show up near the top of the search results . We create a Craigslist ad for your property and repost it on a weekly basis. Craigslist is becoming an increasingly popular resource for buyers searching for homes on the internet. Your presence here will expose your property to thousands of prospective purchasers.
We create a Facebook ad for your home and set it to be shown 50,000 times to users of the worldʼs most popular social networking site.
We create a Twitter account for your property and set it to automatically tell other Twitterers in the area about your property.
Our Company Database! We make sure that everyone we know is familiar with your property. (And we know a lot of people!)
Text Messaging Lead Capture. In Our Efforts To Market and Sell Your Property, We use Text Messaging Lead Capture Wherever Possible. This technique allows us to capture Cell Numbers In Real Time so that we can do a an effective job of Converting Qualified Prospects Into Appointments To See Your Property. We use the pictures of your property to create a visually appealing video. This video will be uploaded to Youtube so that your property can be found on this very popular video sharing site. This oneʼs a simple step that most of our competitors never think to take. Weʼre going to call the 10 agents who have participated in the most recent sales in your area. Chances are good these agents might have other buyers looking in the neighborhood. It will be our job to keep your property top-of-mind with cooperating agents. The MLS Done Right! When we post your property to the local MLS system, we make sure the description is engaging and that the pictures present your property in its best light. This is a fundamental, but a very important step that a lot of agents get wrong!
While most agents do a good job at the “usual stuff,” the “usual stuff” doesnʼt interest todayʼs modern buyer. While most of our competitors are skipping most of the items in this list, we are busy making sure your property is exposed and presented to as many buyers as possible. If it looks like we rely heavily on web marketing, thatʼs because we do! Why? 90% of buyers are searching for homes online. And THEYʼRE DEFINITELY GOING TO KNOW ABOUT YOURS!
TRANSACTION FLOW CHART
KEEPING YOU UPDATED SHOWING FEEDBACK AND TRACKING We provide timely showing feedback and tracking, which our clients can access online 24 hours a day. • • • • •
Email notification when a showing is scheduled Courtesy phone calls to confirm each appointment Feedback directly from showing agents Online appointment tracking And much more...
TRANSACTION MANAGEMENT We manage the transaction from contract ratification to closing, by tracking critical dates and proactively addressing contract contingency issues. While under contract, clients also receive status updates during every step of the process.
PREPARING YOUR HOME TO SELL When presenting your home to prospective buyers, first impressions are crucial. Buyers begin judging your home the moment they see it, and generally they prefer homes that are well-maintained, clean and clutter free -- homes they can picture themselves living in. That is why home improvements -- particularly if they address the anticipated needs of buyers -- WILL boost your home's sale price.
Here are a few proven, cost-effective tips that will help your home look its best: Exterior • • • • • •
Mow and rake the lawn, trim hedges, weed and edge gardens Sweep sidewalks and driveway, pick up any litter Repair gutters and eaves, touch-up exterior paint Plant extra flowers for color, or place potted plants beside the front door Clean or paint front door, polish front door hardware, ensure doorbell works Power-wash siding and deck if necessary
Interior • • • • • • • •
Clean and tidy the entrance, clear stairs and halls, store all excess furniture Brighten interiors with fresh, light-toned paint Brighten rooms by installing high wattage light bulbs and turning them on Shampoo carpets, clean and wax floors Organize kitchen countertops -- removing appliances if necessary Clean and freshen bathrooms, put out clean towels, minimize clutter Organize and clean garage, basement and closets Perform necessary minor repairs and touch-ups to walls, windows, fixtures, etc.
PRICING YOUR HOME TO SELL Pricing Your Property Is A Balancing Act On the one hand, you want to set a listing price that maximizes interest among qualified, motivated buyers who will be willing to pay top dollar for your property. Indeed, such buyers will ultimately determine your property's top market value. On the other hand, you do not want to set a listing price that attracts a lot of buyer prospects, but sets the stage for negotiations that result in your getting less than what your property is really worth.
Your Home's Actual Market Value In a perfect world, your home's value would be everything you think and need it to be. However, simply put, your home's value is not determined by you, but by what the market is willing to pay for it at a given time. These days, the "market" increasingly refers to home buyers who have researched property values over the Internet for months, have already viewed a number of homes, and are not under any undue pressure to buy. You can determine a value range for your home by looking at the recent sale prices and current asking prices of homes similar to yours in your area. That is why I've prepared a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) that includes a variety of "comparable" homes drawn from the local Multiple Listing Service (MLS).
The Bottom Line: REALISTIC IS STRATEGIC! On average, serious buyers look at about 20 properties before they make an offer. Doing so gives them a basis for determining how competitively a property is priced, both in terms of the market generally and what they are looking for specifically. If you overprice your property you'll usually lose serious buyers even if they otherwise love it. Experience shows that buyers usually do not make what they consider to be realistic offers on overpriced properties because they assume that doing so will just be a waste of time. Re/Max Sails
OUR RECORD OF SUCCESS CUSTOMER SATISFACTION â€œHighest Overall Satisfaction For Home Sellers and Home Buyers Among National Full Service Real Estate Firmsâ€? RE/MAX received the highest numerical score among full service real estate firms for home sellers and home buyers in the proprietary J.D. Power and Associates 2011 Home Buyer/Seller StudySM. Study based on 3,861 total evaluations measuring 8 firms and measures opinions of individuals who bought a home between March 2010 and April 2011. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of consumers surveyed March-May 2011. Visit jdpower.com
WHY CHOOSE US? 1. We can help you determine your buying power -- that is, your financial reserves plus your borrowing capacity. If you give us some basic information about your available savings, income and current debt, we can refer you to lenders best qualified to help you.
2. We have many resources to assist you in your home search. Sometimes the property you are seeking is available but not actively advertised in the market, and it will take some investigation by us to find all available properties.
3. We can assist you in the selection process by providing objective information about each property. As Re/Max REALTORS® we have access to a variety of informational resources. We can provide local community information on utilities, zoning. schools, etc. There are two things you'll want to know. First, will the property provide the environment I want for a home or investment? Second, will the property have resale value when I am ready to sell?
4. We can help you negotiate. There are several factors of negotiation, including but not limited to price, financing, terms, date of possession and often the inclusion or exclusion of repairs and furnishings or equipment. The purchase agreement should provide a period of time for you to complete appropriate inspections and investigations of the property before you are bound to complete the purchase. We can advise you as to which investigations and inspections are recommended or required.
5. We provide due diligence during the evaluation of the property. Depending on the area and property, this could include inspections for termites, dry rot, asbestos, faulty structure, roof condition, septic tank and well tests, just to name a few. As your REALTOR®, we can assist you in finding qualified responsible professionals to do most of these investigations and provide you with written reports. You will also want to see a preliminary report on the title of the property. Title indicates ownership of property and can be mired in confusing status of past owners or rights of access. The title to most properties will have some limitations; for example, easements (access rights) for utilities. As our REALTOR®, we can help you resolve issues that might cause problems at a later date.
6. We can help you in understanding different financing options and in identifying qualified lenders.
7. We can guide you through the closing process and make sure everything flows together smoothly. 8. When selling your home, we can give you up-to-date information on what is happening in the marketplace and the price, financing, terms and condition of competing properties. These are key factors in getting your property sold at the best price, quickly and with minimum hassle.
9. We market your property to other real estate agents and the public. Often, we can recommend repairs or cosmetic work that will significantly enhance the salability of your property. As your REALTOR®, we market your property to other real estate agents and the public. In our market, over 50% of real estate sales are cooperative sales; that is, a real estate agent other than yours brings in the buyer. We act as the marketing coordinator, disbursing information about your property to other real estate agents through a Multiple Listing Service or other cooperative marketing networks, open houses for agents, etc. The REALTOR® Code of Ethics requires us to utilize these cooperative relationships when they benefit our clients.
10. We know when, where and how to advertise your property. There is a misconception that advertising sells real estate. The NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® studies show that 82% of real estate sales are the result of agent contacts through previous clients, referrals, friends, family and personal contacts. When a property is marketed with us, you do not have to allow strangers into your home. As your REALTOR®, we generally prescreen and accompany qualified prospects through your property.
11. We can help you objectively evaluate every buyer's proposal without compromising your marketing position. This initial agreement is only the beginning of a process of appraisals, inspections and financing -- a lot of possible pitfalls. As your REALTOR®, we can help you write a legally binding, win-win agreement that will be more likely to make it through the process.
12. We can help close the sale of your home. Between the initial sales agreement and closing (or settlement), questions may arise. For example, unexpected repairs are required to obtain financing or a cloud in the title is discovered. The required paperwork alone is overwhelming for most sellers. As your REALTOR®, we can help you resolve these issues and move the transaction to closing (or settlement).
CONTACT US TODAY! We specialize in assisting home buyers and sellers reach their goals in any market. We believe in creating opportunity and discovering unique solutions for each of our clients.
We’re Never Too Busy for Your Referrals! Office: (410) 814-2402 ∙ Direct: (443) 765-5422 ∙ Email: Nick@RemaxSails.com always online @ www.BaltimoreRealEstateSales.com
Published on Sep 29, 2011
Published on Sep 29, 2011
Learn what one of the top real estate agents does to market and selling homes in Baltimore, Maryland. If you are considering listings and se...