eLearning through Oracle Leaning Management as part of the National Learning Management System Project Frequently Asked Questions 1) What courses are available? The full catalogue is held on the ESR Support website www.esrsupport.co.uk/nlms/ You may complete any available course; however you may be directed to complete specific courses by your learning development or line manager. New national courses are released at the beginning of each month and are included on the support website.
2) What are the benefits of eLearning?
Access to a catalogue of content, including over 190 nationally developed and approved courses. The flexibility to learn whenever and wherever you have access to a computer without the need to travel to a training room for the day Reduced training time. Sometimes eLearning courses can be completed in less time than a classroom based course Your personal training record is always up to date and will transfer with you if you move positions or to a new organisation. There are sometimes limited training resources to deliver all required mandatory and statutory training; eLearning can help to improve compliance in your organisation as part of a blended learning approach. Structured Learning Paths can be created to guide an employee’s training and development, ultimately supporting their career progression.
3) Where do I get my user name/ password? To obtain your user name and password please go to (Enter details also include if they need any other details) 4) Can I just log in and play courses? Yes, if you have a user name and password or access to the Electronic Staff Record (ESR) through a Smartcard. The link to log on to NLMS is on the support website, just go to www.esrsupport.co.uk/nlms/ and click on “Logon” and select the right link for you.
You can also visit the Tutorials part of the site where you can take an interactive demonstration of how to use the system. You will also find user guides to print out and follow under documentation. If you don’t have a username and password or smartcard access to ESR contact: XXXXXXX Please enter details here 5) How do I enrol and play a course? The ESR Support website contains user guides and tutorials, visit http://www.esrsupport.co.uk/nlms/ and select the Tutorials section for the interactive guides, or select the documentation section for quick user guides.
6) What should I do if I experience an issue? If you do experience technical difficulties or require additional assistance please just phone (enter details) or email (enter details) where we will be happy to assist you further.
7) I can’t print my certificates, how do I get one? Some national courses do provide certificates for your personal use, however as your training record is portable in the Electronic Staff Record (ESR), certificates are generally not required. If your organisation has implemented self service, managers are able to view the training a learner has completed If you complete eLearning on NLMS your personal training record is always updated. Contact XXXX for more information
8) I’ve forgotten my password, how do I change it? Contact XXXX Please enter details and your password will be reset, you can expect a response within X days. You will be asked to change your password the first time you log in. If you would like to reset your remote access password, login to ESR in the normal way and select ‘Request Internet Access’ from the eLearning User URP. Follow the on-screen instructions to reset your remote access password.
9) I am experiencing error messages when I log in. The eLearning support website (http://www.esrsupport.co.uk/nlms/) has been provided to further support users when using eLearning. A PC check is also included to ensure your PC meets the requirements to play eLearning. Don’t worry you don’t need to understand what the items in the check mean but make a note of anything that is in Red. This will help your local IT department resolve the problem. Make a note of any error messages and contact your local I.T. department (change as necessary).
It is important to take a screenshot of any error message to enable further investigation. To take a screenshot press the “Prt Sc” (Print Screen) button on the top right of your keyboard and paste it into Word or directly into an email (Press CTRL and V on the keyboard to paste). This will help the support team investigate your issue.
10) I’ve completed the course but it still says my status on the learning home page is incomplete Before you contact support about the problem play the course again. If there is an outline on the left hand side of the screen, click the + button to see all course modules. Do any of the modules have a half blue circle? If so something was missed on that module and you need to retake it. When you get to the assessment check all questions are answered.
Published on Dec 8, 2010
Published on Dec 8, 2010