Detail Sheet No. 5
Reinstatement of Highway Ironwork Permatrack road surfacing repair system is a technically advanced polymer modified asphalt, comprising Permatrack PSB, a flexible waterproofing layer and Permatrack H, a high modulus surface course. Stone chippings are applied to the Permatrack H during installation to match the adjacent highway surface and meet the highest skid resistance specifications. The Permatrack inlaid crack repair system is covered by BBA HAPAS certificate 02/H072.
Reinstatement of Highway Ironwork The high bond strength to a variety of materials, installation techniques that suit working in small sections and the ability to accommodate differential movement makes Permatrack an ideal material for the reinstatement highway iron works. The ease of application and long-term performance, even in heavily trafficked road conditions, makes Permatrack highly cost effective for a wide range of road maintenance options.
The Permatrack system is rapidly installed, minimising disruption and inconvenience to road users, and providing a cost effective, long-term solution highway crack maintenance. Permatrack can also be used for a wide variety of road repair purposes, including transitional joints - where railway lines are set within road surfacing, expansion joint details, for the reinstatement of street iron works and shoulders.
Features and Benefits Versatile/waterproof road repair system Rapid installation â€“ reducing delays on site and inconvenience to road users Long term durability â€“ even in heavily trafficked road conditions Cost effective installation High bond strength to a variety of substrates Accommodates differential movement
1. Saw cut around damaged asphalt area back to sound material and remove excavated material from the site. Remove loose/rocking metal cover and frame. Clean surfaces.
3. Place regulating layer of molten Permatrack H.
2. Coat base and sides of excavation with 2-3mm of Permatrack PSB.
4. Re-bed ironwork frame to correct level on warm Permatrack H and coat the sides of iron work with 5-6mm of Permatrack PSB. continued overleaf
Highways Specialist Systems
Installation Procedure continued
Paving Tanking Highways Specialist Systems
5. Place molten Permatrack H into the area surrounding the ironwork frame and finish 25mm below the level of the existing road level.
6. Fit irons to receive Permatrack PSB transition joint.
7. Apply finishing coat of Permatrack H flush with surrounding road surface.
8. Apply pre-coated anti-skid chippings to the still 8. Apply pre-coated warm Permatrack H. anti-skid chippings to the still warm Permatrack H.
IKO PLC Appley Lane North Appley Bridge Permanite Asphalt Wigan Cawdor Quarry, Matlock, Lancashire Derbyshire. DE4 2JH. WN6 Tel:9AB 0800 783 3210. Fax: 01629 760993.
email:412 7228 T: 0844 email@example.com F: 0844 412 7208 E: firstname.lastname@example.org Technical Enquiries Tel: 01629 582213.
Fax: 01629 583375. www.ikogroup.co.uk
9. Roll chippings to match original surrounding surfaces.
10. Use a shoe to apply Permatrack PSB overbanding around finished work.
11. Pour Permatrack PSB flush into the recess formed by the irons to create a shock absorbing transition joint.
12. Finished ironwork surround 12. Finished ironwork surround
membranes, DPCâ€™s and waterproofing Health and Safety Health and Safety products for damp proofing, tanking and A Health and Safety data sheet is bridge requirements, as well as available Technical Services A Healthfrom and the Safety data sheet is available from decking IKO a comprehensive Department on 01629Department 582213. on 0844 412 7228, or by range of solutions and Technical Services compounds. Full product literature is Email email@example.com emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org available on request. Technical Support Alternatively, Health and Safety data sheets for all IKO Technical can be to obtained from Prices and Conditions of Sale products advice are available download from IKOâ€™s web site: the Technical Services Department on Current prices are available from our www.ikogroup.co.uk 01629 582213. Customer Services Offices (details Email email@example.com below). Our standard conditions of sale Other Products are included in our price lists and all Full product literature, health & safety and technical Other products sales of products are made under these datasheets for all IKO products are available as Permanite Asphalt and Ruberoid conditions. Local Business Managers downloads from our website www.ikogroup.co.uk or on Building Products manufacture and can also provide prices and conditions request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org supply a wide range of asphalt of sale on request and will be happy to waterproofing and paving, discuss your requirements in detail. bituminous/polymeric roofing Whilst every care is taken to see that the information given in this literature is correct and up to date it is not intended to form part of any contract or give rise to any collateral liability, which is hereby specifically excluded. Intending purchasers of our materials should therefore verify with the company whether any changes in our specification or application details or otherwise have taken place since this literature was issued.