Hello there, this is René again with our newspaper article. Today I would like to write about our necessity to make money and our obsession with it and also the process you get by making that money. I write to you because I have experienced life and different circumstances have shaped my life from then to now. If you had asked me about 10 years ago what I thought about money, well.. I was obsessed with it but now I believe I am obsessed by success and the process… don’t get me wrong I Do like money but when you only work for the money you won’t get the results you are looking for, I figured that out later in life. We grow up with an obsession that is SICK!!... We believe that money is better than everything else and that as long as you have money you are OK!!... This is wrong!! Our obsession with money has created the results and the society we have today and I tell you this as a changed man and his view of money. On the other hand, there is something that I really promote…. THE PROCESS!! This is the one that we have to work toward- the process. The process is what takes you to have money, happiness, objectives, education, success, etc.. To give you an example; when you get a new car, which was your objective, and now you have it, it is there- so what makes you more successful?… the car or what you learned in the process? This part one… I will write the second parte next time. Thank you guys! 3
As many of you know we also give Spanish classes in our school in the United States, skill nest. We have had a great surprise from our students here that want to learn Spanish and our results are great. The children that are taking Spanish with me have learned many verbs and phrases that I hope one day we can promote more this type of education, because it really works. Spanish has given them a lot of curiosity, and this curiosity comes from learning more and more. For example, by teaching them the numbers from one to a hundred- the children have the curiosity to know more and they want to learn to count to ONE MILLION!! I believe that when you have this type of curiosity within the students you can make a great advancement in their education. The Spanish classes are a little bit different form the English classes, since the way they “gringos” learn is much more simple.. They get it. Even though Spanish is way harder than English, they have this curiosity that I don’t see very often with the people that want to learn English… because for us, it is more memorizing and for them… is more like really learning for themselves and relating it to everyday things. I really see the difference in learning Spanish and English in my students.
It is the month of May, and as every year begins the marketing for the day 10 “Mother’s Day”. But do we really know what the role of being a mother means? To start Mother’s Day dates back to ancient Greece in honor of the mother of the Gods Zeus, Poseidon and Hades more than 3000 years ago. Catholics transformed this “pagan” celebration to honor the Virgin Mary mother of Jesus. As we see throughout history the person we call mom is very important because she carries us in her womb during our 9 months of gestation, she is the one who provides us with our first food, who gives us protection and care. Being a mother means changing your life, your time and your way of thinking for your children. It means giving your whole heart and surrendering your strength every day to take your children forward and teach them to live. Motherhood does not mean always smiling, but also crying from time to time, it means endless worries. I imagine many of us remember the phrase our mothers told us when they scolded or punished “Me duele más a mi que a tí”, the famous “chancla voladora” and many more things that our mothers did or said. For almost 12 years I am the mother of an extraordinary child whom I love, thanks to him I realized that I am capable of many things all for him, one of them is not to give up, to be a person that has good values because I am the example that he is going to take in order to be a good person in this society.
There are several types of moms:
1. Supercontroller mother. They are mothers who believe they must control everything to ensure the welfare of their children. 2. Absorbent, possessive mother She is the kind of mother who needs her children. 3. Mother perfectionist and demanding. They are mothers who see all the virtues of their children and are proud of them. And many more. Not all countries celebrate Motherâ€™s Day on the same day. In most European countries mothers are honored on the first Sunday of May, and in Latin American countries, the date also varies.
Remember all the moments you spent with this great woman, talks, advice, one or tanother scolding, for that person you are the number one in the whole world. So do not just call or visit on this date since every day is a good day to say â€œI love you momâ€? you do not know when it will be the last time you can say it with a big hug.
I close this article with this phrase:
â€œYou will teach to fly, but they will not fly your flight. You will teach to dream, but they will not dream your dream. You will teach to live, but they will not live your life. However, in every flight, in every life, in every dream, the trace of the road taught will always endure Âť So for all the moms who are reading this article, congratulations!
Hi Fellas!! It is me again. To continue with the Mexican urban legends here we have a couple that are very interesting: The crazy woman at the pier of San Blas
This love story was born in 1971 in the port of San Blas, Nayarit when the young Rebeca, who worked in a restaurant near the pier, fell in love with a foreign sailor, who from the sea arrived at the dock to mark the life of Rebeca and one of the best known legends of Mexico. During the days of the sailor’s stay, Rebeca and he fell madly in love and swore eternal love, but unfortunately he had to leave ... But not before promising to return and marry her. “She said goodbye to her love, he left in a boat on the pier of San Blas.” “He swore he would come back and soaked in tears she swore she would wait.” From that day on she went every day to the dock, waiting for each boat to arrive with the hope that her man would appear, the days, weeks, months went by ... But he never arrived. No one knows the fate of the foreigner, if he died in the depths of the ocean or really abandoned Rebecca, however she never forgot him, a day came when she lost her mind, and began to dress as a bride to wait for her love by the sea. “Thousands of moons passed and she was always on the dock waiting.” “And in the town they used to say they called her the crazy woman from the pier of San Blas.” The years passed and she became an old lady, still standing firm to her promise to wait ... It was so nostalgic and touching to see the bride by the sea, that her story transcended to the point that the group “Maná” composed her a song . In 2012 Rebecca died, her ashes were thrown in the port, where her heart always belonged and from which she never left, because people say that at the pier of San Blas on full moon nights, you can see the silhouette of A bride looking towards the sea. “She stayed there, she stayed until the end” “She stayed there. She stayed On the pier of San Blas “ 8
Hotel California In 1976, the song “Hotel California” reached the ears of the world with the group “The Eagles”, but its peculiar and chilling lyrics gave rise to several legends related to the paranormal and Satanism. It is said that Don Henley, member of the group, wrote the song based on his experience that lived in the magical town of Todos Santos, Baja California Sur, in the song it is mentioned that a man in the dark of night comes to a hotel where he is received by a charming woman who with a candle in hand shows him the way, then asks for his wine to the captain, to which the captain replies “we have not had that spirit since 1969”. And although Don Henley denies having been guest of the hotel, since before the song was created, in the “Hotel California” there was a legend that the spirit of a girl named Mercedes, invited the locals to drink wine, then disappear . Other rumors, is that the song is about a black mass and that the girl who receives the man, is a priestess who wants to introduce the new to the church of Satan, there are phrases that support this theory as “this could be heaven or hell “,” we are all prisoners here by our own will “,” they stabbed him with steel knives, but they could never kill the beast “and” you can cancel your reservation whenever you want but you can never leave “.
Hey guys! This time we are going to talk about something that we all are involved and that is food! Nowadays we have some options to deliver food services. We know that food delivery has existed since a long time ago, however now we have some options using the technology, our cell phones/tablets in particular. We know that Uber has been a very popular transportation service lately, and they decided to go further and now provide a service to deliver your food and that is called â€˜Uber eatsâ€™, this consists in using the app and order from there, there are multiple restaurants/business/places that are linked with this app and they offer the service. What is the advantage of using this service? Basically, you can do it without leaving your place, you choose the restaurant and order whatever you want from the menu they offer, you need to confirm your address and they will give you an estimated delivery time and the price plus the delivery fee. Another advantage is that you do not need any cash to pay the service because you will pay all the time with your debit or credit card.
You can follow-up the status of your order in the app, you can see when the restaurant is preparing your order and when is ready to be picked up, a person from ‘Uber eats’ will pick your order up in the restaurant and deliver it at your door step. And, just like in Uber transportation service, you can see the name and the photo of the person who will be delivering your order which is good because you can identify it for security purposes. Talking about the environment, this service is a good option because most employees ride their bikes to deliver services which helps to avoid more pollution and also, traffic jams. What could be a disadvantage? Not all the restaurants or places can be found on the app because maybe they did not have a deal with ‘Uber eats’, so maybe you will not always find what you exactly want in the app. So, now you know, if you prefer this service and you do not want to leave your house, go ahead and try it out!
In this place, mornings are cruel; no matter whether there is a lonely man walking on the streets or a poor lady is asking for some coins outside the subway station. The coldness of the wind and the danger of the city are always there. This tale speaks about a man who gave his best to be happy, and even more important: to make other people happy. His name was Hernywhat Lofish. He was a taxi driver who had a smile on his face all the time. Henrywhat’s life was a routine, with no great emotions, but he enjoyed driving his taxi and helping people who needed his service. One of those days, the man was driving in the city; the streets were lonely. But suddenly, he heard a girl yelling. He followed the sound of the yell and drove until arriving to the place. When he was finally there, he saw the girl’s body on a puddle of blood. Immediately, the taxi driver took the girl to the closest hospital. When they arrived, there weren’t either doctors or rooms where the girl could be assisted, so, Henrywhat had to drive to a hospital out of the city; 30 minutes far, to be exact. The girl was assisted by the doctors and nurses of the place. For 2 hours, the man was waiting for news about her. Finally, one of the employees approached the man and told him that the girl had received a shot on her stomach and several hits on the head, but her life wasn’t at risk. 12
After three days there, the girl was ready to go home, but now on a wheelchair. The first thing she wanted to know was who had taken her to the hospital. The employees of the place told her that the “anonymous hero” had left the place a couple of hours before, but that all that time he had been there. The girl had no idea who that man was, but she really wanted to find him. The girl started looking for him across the city. At the hospital, they told her that her hero was a taxi driver, so she visited the taxi station to search information about him. One person said that there was a guy who was absent the last 3 days, but they couldn’t contact him. His name was Henrywhat. She felt desperate, but at least she knew the name of the man and she remembered his face perfectly, so she kept looking for him. The days, weeks, months and years passed, but she couldn’t find him. It was like if he had disappeared from the city. About 5 years later, on a Monday morning, the woman was going to the bus station and she saw a familiar: -Hey, sir, it has been some years - She said. -Excuse me, girl, I don’t know you. -Yes, you saved my life some time ago. You are my hero! -No, lady, I have never been a hero. -I’m sorry, sir. The girl never found the “anonymous hero”, but she didn’t forget him. For her, he was the man who was always there: in her mind.
Ayrton Senna became a legend after his death in 1994 and nowadays, he is still considered as the best pilot in the history. Today I want to present you some information about this greatest pilot who enjoyed a gold age between 1986 and 1994. He was born in Sao Paulo, Brazil on March 21st 1960. At the age of 4, he was given a kart which he was able to drive and disassemble too. Since this moment, he developed his passion for the races. His biggest dream was to become a racer and it became true when he was 13. On July 1st 1973 he participated in his first kart race in Interlagos wherein he got his first victory; establishing a record in this track. The following years he continued being part of these kind of competitions. In 1977 he managed to get his first championship in the South America Kart Tournament. The same year, he also obtained the 6th position in the world championship. By 1981 he moved on to England where he participated in the Formula Ford in which he did a great job. Later on, he joined the Formula 2000; this one was held throughout Europe and he got two titles.
In 1984 he debuted in the maximum category: The F1. At the end of the season he finished in the 9th position. The Monaco GP was his career main catalyzer. The following years he continued achieving different prizes and day by day he turned into a super star. In 1991 he obtained his third world championship in a row. In this moment he was considered as one of the best and most prestigious pilots ever. But in 1992 and 1993 he could just win 6 races. In 1994 he stopped being part McLaren motor-racing team and joined the Williams one. Unfortunately, on May 1st during the San Marino GP in the Imola circuit, he crashed his car against a wall in one curve and he died instantly. People who was closed to him described that he didnâ€™t want to be part of this race because he had a bad premonition. He will be always remembered as â€œKing Sennaâ€? not only for his greatest moments in the F1 but also for his charisma and values.
We have known that many times the high priests of the Vatican City not only forbid many important readings, but also some provocative writers whose work is considered as an insult. This time I made the research about some of them, take a look and meet those ones whom heaven was denied to… 1.- Erasmus of Rotterdam: From this author, who was a great philosopher (1469 – 1536), his full masterpiece was included in the black list of the banned books; which were about 40 editions. 2.- Teresa of Avila: This mystic woman, saint and poet (1515 – 1582) witnessed how the Vatican City censored her book “Vida de Santa Teresa de Jesús” (1565). 3.- Voltaire: This great satirical writer (1694 – 1778) disturbed the Catholic Church due to his story “Candide, or the optimism” (1759). 4.- Jean-Jacques Rousseau: From this musician, philosopher, and writer (1712-1778), the masterpiece “The Social Contract” (1762) was added too. 5.- Thomas Hobbes: Also, the full work of the author of “Leviatán, De Corpore o Behemoth” was forbidden, and this English philosopher (1588-1679) was considered one of the founders of the modern political thought. Isn’t it interesting? Well, the next month I will give you more names so don’t miss it out!!
Hey, guys, Easter has finished, but the festivities continue, so pay attention to this other advice on how to save. We are in one of the most important months and May is the month in which we celebrate the queen of our home: Mom. The only one that is always for us and has taken care of us since we were young, to pamper and love her is very important but we can also surprise her with a small detail that will save you money and make her day a special moment. If you want to save and know what you can do, do not stop reading. Most of us have paper, cards, scissors, glue, and pictures with mom. Iâ€™m going to give you a tip to make a pic collage and create a memorable and lifelong memory. What you have to do is getting a colored paper, the one you like most, scissors, glue, stickers and pictures of you and your mom together. Now start by selecting the oldest photo of you and mom and you can put a caption where you let her know what you think and think about her and so on until you put the most recent photo. You can add stickers to make it look more creative and beautiful. If you do not have some of the things do not worry, it is very economical material and you will not spend more than $25 pesos, that helps you to save and to give a big smile to your mom now you can add some of her favorite candies and thatâ€™s it. Remember, saving money is gaining a great future. Enjoy the day with your mom and do not forget to look for my article the next one to give you more tips on how to save.
From mythological creatures to religious cults. Welcome to the mysticism section. In every culture or civilization it has existed gods or mythological creatures, in a few words fantastic beings to which today they are still worshiped (to some). Cipactli It was a voracious, primitive and monstrous sea creature, half crocodile and half fish. It was always hungry; It had 18 limbs and in each one it had a mouth. Cipactli was the only marine being that existed at that time, until Quetzalcoatl killed him to create the Earth. For doing this, his brother Tezcatlipoca had to sacrifice a foot using it as bait to attract the monster. With the body of Cipactli the gods created the Earth. Ekuneil It is a Mayan creature, although it is not cataloged as mythological due to it lacks divinity. Popular beliefs describe it as a snake with a length of two to four meters, skin with different shades of gray and forked tail, it feeds of human milk, which it extracts from the womanâ€™s breast. Using its bifid tail, it is introduced into the womanâ€™s nostrils to then suck the milk. Once the Ekuneil is satisfied, he leaves the woman and retires, It should be noted that the woman does not suffer any harm. 20
Ah patnar uinicob They are four mythological creatures belonging to the Mayan world whose function is to create rain. Among the Chorti Mayans are also known as working angels or owners of the men of the jars, and with certain frequency they are confused with the chinchanes because both produce meteorological phenomenon. Although, in fact, the work they do is complementary, the chinchans that are on Earth are dedicated to hit and beat large areas of water in order to raise it and, when it reaches a certain height, it transforms into clouds. Once this process has been completed, each of the four take their stone ax and strike the clouds hard to drop the rain; the strikes are of such magnitude that, when crossing the cloud formations, they produce lightning bolts. Ahuizotl It is probably one of the darkest and most cruel creatures. The Ahuitzotl is an aquatic creature, it is described as a small coyote, dark gray fur that when it bristles becomes thorns, with a frightening jaw, legs similar to those of a monkey and big and sharp claws but what attracts the most attention was its tail. A very long tail, extremely strong and at the end of it had a clawed hand with which it traps its victims. The Ahuitzotl could be found in rivers, it emits the sound of a baby and when its victim approaches to observe it is dragged to the river. The Ahuitzotl feeds with eyes, nails and teeth, it is said that this creature sometimes acted under the orders of Tlaloc and his wife when they were interested in some soul, the Ahuizotl had the task of drowning the person so that his soul was taken by Tlaloc, when this happened the priests carried the bodies to be buried in the temple of Tlaloc.
Hello, guys, it is a pleasure for me to have the opportunity again to share with you a topic that I am passionate about and which i face every day, it is the topic of education that is very wide and we never stop approaching it. t are three words that have been making echo in my life and i hope they are part of yours too. For the Spanish Academy, the meanings of these words are the following: Education: * Intended formation to develop the intelectual, moral and affective capability of the people according to the culture and the norms of coexistence of the society where they belong to * transmission of knowledge to a person so that certain formation can be acquired. Preparation: * disposition or arrangement of necessary things to perform something or for a particular purpose. Overcoming: * ItÂ´s about overcoming any result or previous status, improving it.
And for you, what do these words mean? I hope they are part of your daily life, why do I tell you this? Let me explain you: If there is something you want to learn, learn it! DonÂ´t limit yourself to know only certain things, study, prepare, improve yourself, the continuous education is forming you, the continuous preparation will be transforming you and the overcoming comes only after doing the previous one. Yes, improve yourself, always improve yourself and enjoy each moment, donÂ´t run, you are not competing with anyone else, only with you, if there is something you like to do, if there is something that you are really passionate about, go for it! Overcome the obstacles that are often inside you, and if you fail? What does this matter? The failures make you stronger. Get along with people who are interested in the same things as you do, so, you can see other perspectives of your own dreams, free yourself from your mental ties, those that only limit you to do medium things, You can achieve more! But rememberâ€Śenjoy your way. Thanks for reading and continue studying English.
Hello guys! I´m here again with another interesting aNimAL information for you, for this occasion I will tell you about The Most Dangerous aNimALs in the World, please keep reading because the first place will be shocking for you. So let´s start then, follow me! Of course, our first options in mind can be sharks, spiders but there are more ferocious beasts than those. By natural reason everywhere has a dangerous species, we are rounded of beautiful aNimALs but it does not imply that they are good ones. 10. Cape buffalo It leaves in sub-Saharan Africa there are around 900,000 of those. They prefer to travel in massive herds to graze in the early morning and late afternoon hours or to gather around watering holes to stay hydrated. However, if they or one of his family is threatened or wounded they become the incarnation of their nickname: Black Death. Those giants circle and stalk their prey before charging at speeds of up to 56km/h, it doesn´t matter where they are injured even they don´t hesitate to attack moving vehicles. So don´t make them angry.
9. Cone Snail It´s found in the warm waters in the tropics ( The Caribbean, Hawaii, and Indonesia), these beautiful creatures, instantly recognizable for their highly prized brown-and-white marbled shells can be seen in shallow depths closer to shore near coral reefs and rock formations, and beneath sandy shoals. Do not dare to touch the 10-15 cm long gastropods: it´s hidden a harpoon-like “teeth” contain a complex venom known as a conotoxin, making them one of the most venomous species of snails. This toxin STOPS nerve cells from communicating with one another. If you were stung the time for dying is the time for smoking your last cigarette. 8. Golden Poison Dart Frog The poison dart is a large, diverse group of brightly colored frogs that live mostly in northern South America, of which only a handful of species are particularly dangerous to humans. The most deadly, the golden poison dart, inhabits the small range of rain forests along Colombia’s Pacific coast and grows to around 5cm long. Imagine the size of a paper clip!. Its poison batrachotoxin is so potent that there’s enough in one frog to kill ten grown men with only two micrograms!!! The amount that would fit onto the head of a pin to kill a single individual. This amphibian is especially dangerous because its poison glands are located beneath its skin so a mere touch will cause trouble. Sadly, deforestation has landed the frog on several endangered lists.
7. Box Jellyfish We can find them floating in the Indo-Pacific waters north of Australia, these transparent, nearly invisible invertebrates are considered by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration as the most venomous marine animal in the world. They have 15 tentacles at the corners with each growing as much as 10 feet long, all lined with thousands of stinging cells named “nematocysts” that contain toxins that simultaneously attack the heart, nervous system, and skin cells. 6. Pufferfish Pufferfish or blowfish is located in tropical seas around the globe, especially around Japan, China, and the Philippines. Though they’re the second most poisonous vertebrate on the planet (after the golden arrow dart frog), its venom the tetrodoxin is more dangerous than neurotoxin. This is found in the skin, muscle tissue, liver, kidneys, and gonads, so for that reason, it´s almost impossible to eat it. The tetrodotoxin is up to 1,200 times more poisonous than that of cyanide and can cause deadening of the tongue and lips, dizziness, vomiting, arrhythmia, difficulty breathing, muscle paralysis and if left untreated, death.
5. Black Mamba It is especially deadly due to its speed. We can find it in the savannas and rocky areas of southern and eastern Africa, it can grow up to 4.2 mt. Its main characteristic is the fastest of all snakes, its slithering is up to 20 km per hour for that reason it can escape in remote areas that are much more difficult to get. The venom (mix of neuro- and cardiotoxins) with a single bite can kill ten people if one doesn’t receive the correlative antivenin within 20 minutes, the bites are almost 100 percent fatal. Be careful. 4. Saltwater Crocodile Florida’s alligators have a cousin the fearsome crocodile. Of all the species in the world, the saltwater crocodile is the largest, more short-tempered, easily provoked, and aggressive towards anything that crosses its path in a few words is the most dangerous. It lives in the Indo-Pacific region ranging from parts of India and Vietnam all the way to northern Australia. These ferocious killers can grow up to 7 mt in length and weigh more than a ton. Saltwater crocodiles are especially dangerous because they’re excellent swimmers. 3. Tsetse Fly If you think how in the world this small insect can be so dangerous, yup it is!! It´s known as the world’s most dangerous fly, the tsetse fly. Its measures are between 8 to 17 mm. It is found in sub-Saharan countries, especially the Democratic Republic of the Congo, and Angola. These microscopic pathogens are the causative agent of African Sleeping Sickness. The neurological symptoms include behavioral changes, poor coordination, as well as the disturbances in sleeping cycles that give the illness its name.
2. Mosquito Even tinier than the tsetse flies this minuscule insect ranks as the second most dangerous animals. It´s found in every region on the planet except Antarctica. These irritating insects Aedes, Anopheles, and Culex are the primary vectors of diseases such as malaria, Chikungunya, encephalitis, elephantiasis, yellow fever, dengue fever, West Nile virus, and the Zika virus. 1. Humans Ohhhhh!! Are you surprised? Well, it´s too sad but we’re animals too, and we’ve been killing each other for 10,000 years. Though human beings are said to be living in the most peaceful period now than at any other time in our history, we still assault each other with incredibly high rates of senseless brutality, from gun violence. We’re dangerous to other animals, too. For example global warming and the destruction of forests and coral reefs. We often act irrationally and our entire planet with a host of horrifying weapons like nuclear devices, sadly we are atop the list as the most dangerous animal in the world. That is a shame because we do not have respect either for other species or ourselves. It´s time to think and start to change we need to return to our basis and start again with EDUCATION and RESPECT. I want to read your opinions guys it´s time to be kind to everybody. I will expect your answers at firstname.lastname@example.org. Write to me and practice your English talking about aNimALs. As you know guys please help the dogs in street conditions, feed and offer them some fresh water in this season. See you the next time Woof Woof!!
Ceci is from Mexico and she grew up in Zacatecas, she has an amazing attitude and really wants to learn and improve her English. He is one of my most consistent students and when she has a goal she wants to accomplish it. She has a great family and her children sometimes help her study English, I wish more students could be like her. She is another great example of how attitude and being positive can help you reach your goals, when she started with skill nest, she didnâ€™t know much but know she understands more and she wants to keep improving and never be a conforming personâ€Ś great job Ceci! 29