AC C E S S O R I E S TO C O M P L E T E ANY COMMERCIAL JOB
L I M I T E D WA R R A N T Y I N F O R M AT I O N
Rheem offers a complete line of accessories for all of our commercial units including roof curbs, economizers, manual and motorized air dampers, electric heat kits and louver panel kits. Our complete line of accessories helps you configure every unit just as you and your customer wish. For more information contact your Rheem distributor or refer to the Rheem Kwik.Pro CD Series.
Rheem equipment is developed with dependability in mind, and all Rheem equipment is supported by strong limited warranties. The compressors in the 1.5-5 ton 10 S.E.E.R. models have a five-year limited warranty. The compressors in the six ton models and above also have a fiveyear limited warranty. Our 12 S.E.E.R. models, five tons and under have a ten year limited compressor warranty. The electric heat element has a five year limited warranty. The heat exchanger on gas heat models have a ten year limited warranty. All other parts are warranted for one year. For details about limited warranty coverage on any specific Rheem unit, contact your Rheem distributor or visit the Rheem web site at http://www.rheemac.com.
AC C E S S O R I E S FIELD INSTALLED ACCESSORIES
FACTORY EQUIPPED OPTIONS
Economizers-outdoor air, single and dual enthalpy. Integrally mounted, power exhaust kit available
Economizers-A variety of gear driven, fully modulating economizers. Field assembled hood ships inside the unit.
Fresh Air Dampers-manual and motorized
High/Low Pressure Switchfactory brazed and wired on each refrigerant circuit
Roofcurbs and Roofcurb Adapters-Easy installation, quick assembly and 4 curbs for the entire package unit line. Concentric Diffusers-stepdown and flush Downflow Transitions-rectangular to round, rectangular to rectangular Low Ambient Control Kit High/Low Pressure Control Kit Outdoor Coil Louver KitProtects condenser coil from damaging weather extremes.
P R O T E C T I O N YO U C A N COUNT ON While Rheem commercial equipment is covered by an outstanding limited warranty, your customers may appreciate Protection PlusTM extended service protection. Protection Plus gives your customers greater peace of mind by allowing them to extend limited warranty protection. And when Protection Plus is purchased in conjunction with a dealer maintenance program, your customers can enjoy the peace of mind that their equipment will be both maintained and repaired – as needed and without additional expense. Several Protection Plus plans are available to choose from. Ask your distributor about them. Or, for nonpricing information, call 1-877-276-4294 or visit their web site at www.protectionplusonline.com/
Low Ambient Controls-Factory wired on each cooling stage. Allows operation down to 0° F. Time Delay Relay-Factory installed on each compressor control circuit. Freeze Stat-Factory installed thermostat located on the evaporator coil helps prevent coil icing. Convenience Outlet-Factory installed ground fault interruptor allows for convenient electrical connection of service tools.
F R O M A N Y W H E R E I N T H E WO R L D
Disconnect Switch-for visual indication only
At the Rheem web site – http://www.rheemac.com – you can quickly get the latest information on the evergrowing Rheem commercial product line.
Outdoor Coil Louver KitProtects condenser coil from damaging weather extremes.
Relax. It’s Rheem.® IFIED TO ARI A RT S CE C AIR -C O
ING WITH PLY OM NING
MANUFACT UR E
EQU IPMENT ER F TIF SO AR ICATION SECTION 0 4 I
COO MM MM EE RR CC II AA LL C LL AA SS SS E QQ UU II PP MM EE NN TT
Rheem Air Conditioning Division 5600 Old Greenwood Road • Fort Smith, AR 72908 • 1-800-548-Rheem Visit our web site at http://www.rheemac.com
STAN ARD 3 D
Rated in accordance with ARI Standard 210, 240, 340, 360
Rheem also manufactures residential and commercial water heater products. Printed in the U.S.A. 11/04 DC Form No. M11-1257 Rev 3
RHEEM COMMERCIAL COMFORT Relax. It’s Rheem.®
RHEEM COMMERCIAL CLASS EQUIPMENT M A K I N G T H E W O R L D O F B U S I N E S S A M O R E C O M F O R TA B L E P L A C E T O B E . T H E C A PA B I L I T Y The rapidly expanding line of Rheem commercial products extends to 25 tons. Here is a quick snapshot of what we can deliver to you today. • Gas/electric package units through 25 tons. • Electric cooling/electric heat package units through 25 tons. • Packaged heat pumps through 10 tons. • Remote heat pumps through 10 tons. • Condensing units and air handlers through 20 tons. • A wide variety of accessories to help you do the best job in the shortest time. Rheem is committed to make the commercial HVAC business easier (and better) for you.
THE COMMITMENT The Rheem story began in the 1920’s when brothers Richard and Donald Rheem acquired a small galvanizing plant in San Francisco, California. The company was quickly recognized across the United States for its manufacturing and engineering expertise. Then as now, Rheem held a higher standard, and a process that ensured the highest standard was met. During the 1940’s and 1950’s, Rheem expanded its product offering and successfully introduced space heaters, oil furnaces, and air conditioners. This move set the stage for a
half-century of continuing growth and product development in the HVAC industry. Rheem products of today are light years ahead of what they once were. But one thing has never changed: An unyielding commitment to always deliver the best.
T H E Q UA L I T Y In Rheem laboratories and manufacturing facilities, little is ever spared to advance Rheem quality and value. Every Rheem product undergoes a most arduous and unrelenting system of evaluation and testing. This continuing process keeps Rheem at the forefront of quality and reliability throughout the world. The International Standards Organization (ISO) headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, is a federation of national standards institutions from more than 100 countries. All Rheem manufacturing facilities have achieved the prestigious ISO 9002 Certification. Rheem was the first HVAC manufacturer in North America to earn this distinction in all of its manufacturing facilities. ISO 9002 certification means a company has passed a series of independent audits proving it maintains a modern quality control system to consistently provide quality products. These audits assess all of a company’s systems that affect quality.
Rheem Research & Development Lab Technician monitors the activity in the 20 ton Psychrometric Test Cell. This state-of-the-art Enthalpy Tunnel measures capacity and airflow.
A multi-million dollar 30 ton Psychrometric test cell and the latest addition, a 20 ton Psychrometric test cell demonstrates Rheem’s commitment to commercial HVAC.
COMMERCIAL CLASS PACKAGE UNITS GAS/ELECTRIC & COOLING ONLY 15 – 25 TON PACKAGE UNITS T h e N ew G e n e r a t i o n R h e e m C o m m e rc i a l C l a s s H i g h E f f i c i e n c y a n d S t a n d a rd E f f i c i e n c y Pa c k age E q u i p m e n t
S TAT E - O F - T H E - A R T T E S T I N G FAC I L I T I E S
PERFORMANCE FEATURES GAS HEAT
A multi-million dollar, 30-ton capacity Psychrometric test cell in the Fort Smith facility is solid evidence of Rheem’s commitment to commercial HVAC. Rheem Research & Development engineers use these chambers to calculate capacities and efficiencies based on data involving condensate, refrigerant flow, air-enthalpy, compressor curves, and other data. Through these testing procedures, Rheem ensures that all commercial units meet or exceed the guidelines of ARI. Every Rheem product undergoes rigorous tests to assure its quality and dependability. At Rheem laboratories and manufacturing facilities and even in the field, nothing is spared when it comes to advancing the quality and value of Rheem commercial HVAC units. It’s through this process that Rheem continues to lead the industry with better performing, more efficient, and more dependable products.
• Two-stage gas valve (50-100%) for superior comfort control at minimum operating cost • Multiple inducers allow for 81% steady state efficiency at high and low stage • Rheem exclusive in-shot burners • Solid state, direct spark ignition with remote flame sense and on-board diagnostics COOLING • Equipped with four quiet, efficient, Copeland® Scroll® compressors • Two-stage cooling for quiet comfort control at minimum operating cost • Super high efficiency. • EnergyStar model delivers 11.5 SEER and 12.1 IPLV on 15 ton models and meet or exceed EnergyStar requirements. • High efficiency models deliver 10.20 EER and 10.40 IPLV on 15 ton models, 9.70 EER and 9.90 IPLV on 20 ton models and meet or exceed ASHRAE 90.1–1999 requirements. • Standard efficiency models deliver 9.00 EER and 9.9 IPLV on 15 ton models, 8.7 EER and 8.8 IPLV on 20 ton models, 8.90 EER and 9.0 IPLV on 25 ton models and meet or exceed ASHRAE 90.1–1989 requirements.
• Belt-drive blower with optional drive to accommodate design conditions as high as 2.0 inches [.37 kPa] of external static pressure at nominal airflow
SERVICE FEATURES ALL MODELS • Externally-mounted refrigerant gauge ports • Hinged doors for easy access • Slide out blower for service ease • High/low pressure controls • Louvered panels for coil protection
RHEEM COMMERCIAL. M A K I N G T H E W O R L D O F B U S I N E S S A M O R E C O N V E N I E N T P L A C E T O O P E R AT E .
C O M M E R C I A L S E R I E S PAC K AG E U N I T S c o n t i n u e d G A S / E L E C T R I C , C O O L I N G O N LY A N D H E AT P U M P 7 . 5 TO 1 2 . 5 TO N PAC K AG E U N I T S T h e N ew G e n e r a t i o n B - S e r i e s R h e e m C o m m e rc i a l C l a s s Pa c k age E q u i p m e n t FEATURES 1 Two-Stage Copeland Scroll Compressors for maximum dependability, efficiency, and quiet operation. 2A Available electric heat from 10kW through 50 kW applicable in a variety of voltage systems. 2B Tubular heat exchanger of aluminized steel with in-shot burners provide maximum heat transfer and corrosion resistance. Stainless Steel Heat Exchanger option also available. 3 Solid state controls – integrated blower/burner control board with built-in diagnostic capability for quick, on site trouble shooting. 4 Forkable Baserails 5 One Piece Top, One Piece Drawn Base Pan in cooling section 6 Factory-Installed Filters 7 Slide Out Blower Assembly 8 Two-stage gas valve with direct spark ignition provides more even heat and greater efficiency. 9 Induced draft motors for better control of combustion and exhaust air. 10 Remote flame sensor constantly monitors the flame to ensure that it’s burning as it should.
A Full Line of EPACT compliant models are available.
GAS/ELECTRIC PACKAGE UNIT 5
3 2B 6 8
• Convertible horizontal/vertical airflow design provides greater installation flexibility.
• Number and color-coded wiring for faster installation and service.
• Removable cabinet panels allow easy service access. • Exterior cabinets are powdercoat painted for lasting protection and durability.Tested to withstand 1000-hour salt spray test per ASTM B-117.
• 7.5 to 12.5 ton (26.4 kW) • 9.0-11.3 EER Cooling • 81% Steady State Heating
FEATURES FOR ALL COMMERCIAL CLASS UNITS 7.5 THROUGH 25 TONS
• Full perimeter, forkable base rail allows easy maneuvering and installation.
COOLING ONLY UNIT 5 7
OTHER GREAT FEATURES Condenser coils made of copper tubing and aluminum fins, mechanically bonded for maximum transfer capability. External refrigerant gauge ports for easy service. All models are available with freeze-stat control for protection of evaporator coil. Common curb for all models.
• Side and base power entry points to minimize roof penetrations.
• Slide-out indoor blower assembly for easy access or service.
• Sloped, corrosion proof drain pan meets all indoor air quality standards.
• 7.5 to 12.5 ton (26.4 to 35.2 kW) • 9.0-11.3 EER Cooling
• One-piece top over indoor section, drip lip, drawn base pan, and 1 raised flanges at supply/return air connections for superior water management.
HEAT PUMP UNIT 5 7
• 7.5 & 10 ton (35.2 kW) • 9.0-10.3 EER Cooling • 3.0 COP Heating
• Factory installed disposable filter on slide out filter rack.
• Belt drive options to accommodate external static pressure up to 2.0 inches. • Quick-assembly common roofcurbs reduce labor and maximize flexibility. Voltages Available • 208-230V, 3 phase, 60 Hz • 460V, 3 phase, 60 Hz • 575V, 3 phase, 60 Hz • 200-220V, 3 phase, 50 Hz • 380-415V, 3 phase, 50 Hz
RHEEM COMMERCIAL. M A K I N G T H E W O R L D O F B U S I N E S S A M O R E E N J O YA B L E E X P E R I E N C E .
C O M M E R C I A L C L A S S PAC K AG E U N I T S 3 TO 7.5 TON PACKAGE UNITS Maybe you didn’t know, but Rheem pioneered the package unit – and remains committed to providing you with the very best package equipment for your every need. These 3 to 7.5 ton models are a perfect example of the Rheem quality, comfort and value. 7.5 ton models feature 2-Stage Cooling • 2-Stage Gas Heating available on 7.5 ton
GAS/ELECTRIC PACKAGE UNIT
FEATURES FOR THE 37.5 TON PACKAGE UNIT • Durable Cabinet/Water Management The low-profile cabinet features a durable powder-paint finish for superior protection from the elements. Louvered panel kits are also available for added protection of the condensing coil. A. One-piece top over indoor section B. Drawn, painted durable base pan C. 1 raised flanges for supply/return air connections
1.5 TO 5 TON PACKAGE UNITS For your lighter commercial applications, you’ll appreciate these dependable 1.5 to 5 ton units for their ease of installation and service. Each features a scroll compressor for operation that’s more quiet, efficient, and reliable.
GAS/ELECTRIC PACKAGE UNIT
• 3 to 7.5 tons (10.6 to 21.1 kW) • 10 & 12 S.E.E.R. (3-5 tons)
• 80% A.F.U.E. Heating • 9.1-10.3 EER (6-7.5 tons)
• Heat Exchangers on Gas/ Electric The tubular heat exchanger on our gas/electric model is constructed of aluminized steel to resist rust and corrosion. Stainless Heat Exchanger Option also available.The heating compartment also features in-shot burners for added efficiency and troublefree service.
COOLING ONLY UNIT
• Optional Electric Heating Kit for cooling and Heat Pump Units provides supplemental heating capacity during periods of extreme cold. Field or factory installed.
• 3 to 7.5 tons (10.6 to 21.1 kW) capacities • 10 & 12 S.E.E.R. (3-5tons) • 9.1-10.5 EER (6-7.5 tons)
• Forkable Base Rails allows for easy maneuvering and installation.
HEAT PUMP UNIT
• One-piece top with a deep flange to help keep water out of the unit. • Supply and return air openings feature a one-inch tall flange to prevent water migration into the ductwork. • Side and down discharge options available on all models.
• 1.5 to 5 tons (5.3-14.1 kW) • 10 S.E.E.R. Cooling • 1.5 to 4 tons (5.3-14.1 kW) • 12 S.E.E.R. Cooling • 2, 2.5 & 3 tons (7, 8.8 & 10.5kW) • 13 S.E.E.R. Cooling COOLING ONLY UNIT
• 80% A.F.U.E. Heating • 80% A.F.U.E. Heating • 80% A.F.U.E. Heating
• Condenser and evaporator coils feature enhanced fins for better heat transfer and rifled copper tubing for greater efficiency.
• 1.5 to 5 tons (5.3 to 17.6 kW) • 1.5 to 3.5 tons (5.3 to 12.3 kW) • 2, 2.5 & 3 tons (7, 8.8 & 10.5kW) HEAT PUMP UNIT
• Inside the easily accessible furnace compartment is the draft inducer motor. In addition to the draft inducer motor, the in-shot gas burners and manifold efficiently regulate the flow of gas combustion.The gas/electric units also feature direct-spark ignition and remote flame sensors for added efficiency.
• 10 S.E.E.R. Cooling • 12 S.E.E.R. Cooling • 13 S.E.E.R. Cooling
• Easily accessible control box. • The gas/electric package units feature a tubular heat exchanger design that is more efficient and durable than older-style clamshell heat exchangers.
• Uses common roof curbs.
• 3 to 5 tons (10.6 to 21.1 kW)
• 10 and 12 S.E.E.R. Cooling
• 6.8-7.2 H.S.P.F. Heating
• Easily accessible blower section complete with slide-out blower. All units feature a system matched MultiFlex® coil with low static pressure drop and excellent cooling capacities. • Refrigerant connections are conveniently located for easy service diagnostics.
• The Copeland Scroll Compressor uses an advanced technology that has fewer moving parts, is quieter, and longer lasting. Dual compressors in the 6 ton high efficiency and 7.5 ton standard efficiency models provide for two-stage cooling.
• Easily adaptable to either down discharge or side discharge to accommodate almost any installation requirement.
• All models feature Copeland® Scroll® compressors for maximum efficiency and quiet operation. • Louvered condenser compartment for protecting the coil against hazards and/or weather extremes.
• 1 Factory Installed Filter (2 Factory Installed Filter for 7.5 ton models) • High Static Motor Options for belt-drive motors up to 1.5 external static pressure.
FEATURES FOR THE 1.55 TON PACKAGE UNIT
• Field installed internal filter kit available.
• 1.5 to 4 tons (5.3 to 14.1 kW) • 10 S.E.E.R. Cooling • 1.5 to 3 tons (5.3 to 10.6 kW) • 11 and 12 S.E.E.R. Cooling
• 6.8 H.S.P.F. Heating • 6.8-7.2 H.S.P.F. Heating
G I V I N G T H E WO R L D O F B U S I N E S S M O R E O P T I O N S .
C O M M E R C I A L C L A S S S P L I T S YS T E M S Rheem offers you a full and impressive line of commercial split system applications. And because of the service-oriented designs of Rheem split systems, you’re always assured of an installation that’s quick and simple. Maintenance is easy too! And Rheem equipment is among the highest rated in the industry for operating efficiency.
CONDENSING UNITS 6.5 - 20 Ton Models Available
AIR HANDLERS 7.5 - 20 Ton Models Available for A/C 7.5 & 10 Ton Models Available for Heat Pumps
7.5 & 10 Ton Models Available
• At right, is the 20 ton (70.3 kW) commercial air conditioner. This low profile Rheem commercial air conditioner is a single-fan model and offered in capacities up to 7.5 tons (52.8 kW).
High efficiency models are available in capacities of 6.5 - 20 tons.
For environments requiring maximum cooling and minimal heating, Rheem remote heat pumps are industry leaders. Commercial heat pumps are available in 7.5 & 10 ton capacities (26.4 to 35.2 kW).
• • • • •
A low profile, available matching plenums, and decorative grills make Rheem air handlers a wise choice for high-visibility installations. The compact size fits through most doorways. The same unit will install horizontally or vertically. Connections for drain and refrigerant lines are on both sides. Offered with motors from 1 to 7.5 hp, and in special versions for a/c and heat pump – in capacities up to 20 tons for a/c and 10 tons for heat pump. The heat pump versions have factory installed check valves and thermal expansion valves to allow straight cooling or heat/cool applications.
Testing on-line commercial units at the Rheem manufacturing facility.
RHEEM COMMERCIAL. Y P R O V I D I N G T H E W O R L D O F B U S I N E S S T H E L AT E S T H VA C T R A I N I N G A N D T E C H N O L O G Y.
C O M P L E T E C O M M E R C I A L S E RV I C E S KWIK.PROTM FOR A QUICK TURNAROUND
WRIGHTSOFT ® SOFTWARE Software is also available for designing, analyzing and estimating data for each commercial project. For information on the following programs contact Wrightsoft Corporation at 1-800-225-8697 or visit their web site at www.wrightsoft.com
PROGRAMS AVAILABLE Program Right - J Right - Draw Right - D Right - $ Right - Quote Rheem Performance Calculator
Description Residential HVAC Automated Design Duct Sizing Sales and Energy Analysis Job Costs Calculate Equipment Performance
RIGHT SUITE RESIDENTIAL PACKAGE Program Description Right - J Residential Right - Draw HVAC Automated Design Right - $ Sales and Energy Analysis Right - Radiant Radiant Panel Design Right - Load Geothermal Loop Design The Kwik.ProTM electronic product catalog web site at www.kwikpro.com and companion Electronic C/D Catalogue offers complete details of each and every Rheem commercial product...including specifications, submittal sheets, accessories and installation and operating instructions and it’s all easy to use. Through Kwik.Pro the dealer can enter data on the computer screen and then output finished submittal sheets for each commercial project.
FULL AUTOMATED RIGHT SUITE PACKAGE Program Description Right - J Residential Right - Draw HVAC Automated Design Right - D Duct Sizing Right - $ Sales and Energy Analysis Right - Quote Job Costs RIGHT SUITE COMMERICAL PACKAGE Program Description Right - Comm Draw HVAC Commercial Automated Design Right - Comm Load Commercial Load Calculation Right - Comm 2-Line Duct Commercial Line Duct Design Right - Comm Duct Commercial Duct Design Documentation Right - Comm Proposal Commercial Documentation Generation
TOP TECHNICIAN TRAINING PROGRAMS
PROSTOCK PARTS OFFERS A WIDE VARIETY OF REPLACEMENT PARTS
Rheem’s Learning Center and all of its training resources can now be brought right to your office through the National Service Department’s toptechnician.com web site. There’s no need to keep track of brochures and bulletins. It’s all on the Internet. It’s current. It’s always there. It’s easy to use. The web site reveals all of the various technical training opportunities. The site contains a detailed explanation of Top Technician Training and Regional Training Center programs. Top Training events are listed by type, scheduled date, sponsoring distributor and location. A commercial equipment service course is also available. commercial equipment service skills are now more important than ever with additions to the Commercial Class packaged heating/cooling product line. Visit the Rheem National Service Department web site at www.toptechnician.com for the latest commercial technician training news.
Our PROSTOCK department professionals are ready to assist you with your installation and technical questions. PROSTOCK® carries a full line of all the replacement parts you might need. And PROSTOCK is an industry leader for prompt, accurate deliveries. Yes, with Rheem as your manufacturing partner, commercial HVAC is easier than ever.
PROSTOCK, your one-stop location for all HVAC parts and accessories.
WE MAKE COMMERCIAL EASY Rheem gives you top-quality, reliable commercial products with the features you need and want. And that’s only the beginning. In addition to your distributor’s inventory of Rheem commercial products, Rheem maintains a ready-toship inventory at our manufacturing facilities and the latest technical and training support. So with Rheem, you’ll be able to get what you need when you need it.
Published on Oct 17, 2011
Rheem offers a complete line of accessories for all of our commercial units including roof curbs, economizers, manual and motorized air damp...