Issuu on Google+

Çðóéíîâàí³ ñâÿòèí³

Äestroyed sacred objects

êðà¿íà â óñ³ ÷àñè ñëàâèëàñÿ ñâî¿ìè ñâÿòèíÿìè, à Êè¿â ïîðÿä ç ªðóñàëèìîì ³ Êîíñòàíòèíîïîëåì áóâ äëÿ ïðàâîñëàâíèõ îäíèì ³ç íàéñâÿò³øèõ ì³ñò. Ó ìèíóë³ ñòîë³òòÿ ñþäè ñõîäèëèñÿ ïàëîìíèêè ç áàãàòüîõ êðà¿í ñâ³òó. Íà æàëü, äóõîâíó ñïàäùèíó óêðà¿íñüêîãî íàðîäó ñï³òêàëà òÿæêà äîëÿ. Ñâÿòèí³ ðóéíóâàëèñÿ íå ëèøå â³ä ïðèðîäíèõ ôàêòîð³â ³ æîðñòîêèõ âîºí, ÿê³ õâèëÿìè çàëèâàëè Óêðà¿íó, — ïîë³òè÷í³ êàòàêë³çìè ïî÷àòêó ÕÕ ñò. ïðèçâåëè äî òîòàëüíîãî çíèùåííÿ íàøèõ ïðàäàâí³õ õðàì³â: âåëèêà ê³ëüê³ñòü öåðêîâ, âåëè÷íèõ ñîáîð³â òà ìîíàñòèð³â áóëà çðóéíîâàíà, áóëî âòðà÷åíî äóõîâíå íàäáàííÿ óêðà¿íñüêîãî íàðîäó. Öåðêâà áóëà áåçïîñåðåäí³ì âò³ëåííÿì íàö³îíàëüíîãî äóõó, ñò³éêîñò³ òà ñàìîñâ³äîìîñò³, òîæ ðîáèëîñÿ âñå ìîæëèâå äëÿ ¿¿ çíèùåííÿ. Ç âòðàòîþ êîæíîãî ö³ííîãî îá'ºêòà çá³äíþâàëàñÿ ³ñòîð³ÿ, çâè÷à¿, òðàäèö³¿, äóõîâíèé ñâ³ò óêðà¿íö³â. Çà ïðèáëèçíèìè ï³äðàõóíêàìè, äî ê³íöÿ 1932 ð. â Óêðà¿í³ áóëî çàêðèòî ïîíàä 1000 õðàì³â (à â 193436 ðð. çðóéíîâàíî 75-80% öåðêîâ, ÿê³ ùå çàëèøèëèñÿ â Óêðà¿í³). Ó Êèºâ³, ÿêèé ïðîòÿãîì ñòîë³òü ïðèêðàøàëè ñîòí³ öåðêîâ, ëèøå â ïåð³îä 1919-1934 ðîê³â áóëî çíèùåíî áëèçüêî 90 êóëüòîâèõ ñïîðóä. Äî òîãî æ àêöåíò ðîáèâñÿ íà áóä³âëÿõ, âèêîíàíèõ ó íàö³îíàëüíèõ ñòèëÿõ, à òàêîæ ñïîðóäàõ, òàê ÷è ³íàêøå, ïîâ'ÿçàíèõ ç ³ñòîð³ºþ óêðà¿íñüêî¿ äåðæàâíîñò³ ÷àñ³â ãåòüìàí³â Ïåòðà Ñàãàéäà÷íîãî òà ²âàíà Ìàçåïè. Íèùåííÿ êóëüòóðíî¿ ñïàäùèíè, ÿêèì õàðàêòåðèçóþòüñÿ 20-30 ðîêè ÕÕ ñò., çàâäàëî íåïîïðàâíèõ çáèòê³â óêðà¿íñüê³é êóëüòóð³. Çà áðàêîì äîêóìåíò³â ñüîãîäí³ âàæêî óÿâèòè é îñÿãíóòè ñïðàâæí³ ìàñøòàáè ò³º¿ òðàãå䳿 ÿê äëÿ Óêðà¿íè, òàê ³ äëÿ âñ³º¿ ñâ³òîâî¿ êóëüòóðè çàãàëîì. Ïîä³áíå íåõòóâàííÿ çàãàëüíîëþäñüêèõ ö³ííîñòåé, çàêëàäåíèõ â ðåë³ã³¿, â³êîâèõ òðàäèö³é, ïàì'ÿòîê ïðèçâåëî âðåøò³-ðåøò äî ìàñîâî¿ áåçäóõîâíîñò³, âòðàòè ìîðàëüíèõ îð³ºíòèð³â ó ñóñï³ëüñòâ³. Àáè íå ïîâòîðèòè ïîìèëîê ìèíóëîãî, íåçàëåæíà Óêðà¿íà íà çëàì³ òèñÿ÷îë³òü ðîçïî÷àëà âåëè÷íèé â³êîïîìíèé ïðîöåñ â³äðîäæåííÿ âòðà÷åíî¿ äóõîâíî¿ ñïàäùèíè. Âîñêðåñëà Óêðà¿íà! Âîñêðåñëè ³ ¿¿ ñâÿòèí³!

kraine in all times was glorified by its relics, and Kyiv like Jerusalem and Constantinople was for Orthodoxy the most sacred city. The last century's pilgrims from many countries of the world came here. Unfortunately, the spiritual inheritance of Ukrainian people has heavy destiny. The relics were destroyed not only from natural factors and severe wars, as well as political cataclysms at the beginning of XX century, have resulted in total destruction of our ancient temples: a plenty of churches, majestic cathedrals and monasteries was destroyed, the spiritual property of Ukrainian people has been lost. The church was a direct embodiment of national spirit, its steadfastness and consciousness, so it was used the best efforts for its destruction. With loss of each valuable object the history, custom, tradition, a spirit world of Ukrainians was impoverished. According to approximate calculations, till the end of 1932 in Ukraine over 1000 temples (and in 1934-36 — 75-80% of churches which have still remained in Ukraine are destroyed) have been closed. In Kyiv which during centuries hundreds of churches were decorated, only during 1919-1934 it has been destroyed about 90 cult constructions. And in addition the accent was made on the buildings executed in national styles, and also constructions anyhow, connected with a history of the Ukrainian statehood of times of hetman of Peter Sahajdachny and Ivan Mazepa. Destruction of the cultural inheritance, in 20-30s of XX century are characterized, has put not compensated losses to the Ukrainian culture. For lack of documents today it is hard to imagine and comprehend the present scales of that tragedy both for Ukraine, and for all world culture on a broader scale. Similar neglecting of the universal values founded in religion, century traditions, memorials has resulted in mass inspirituality, loss of moral reference points in a society. If only not to repeat mistakes of the past, Independent Ukraine on shift of millenniums begins majestic process of revival of lost spiritual inheritance. Ukraine is revived! And its relics revived too!

Ó

U

11


16

17

18

19

16. Öåðêâà Ñâ. Ìèêîëàÿ íà Àñêîëüäîâ³é ìîãèë³ (çáóäîâàíà â 1810 ð., ïåðåáóäîâàíà â 1935-1936 ðð.). The St. Nicolas Church at the Askold's grave, built in 1810, rebuilt in 1935-1936. 17. Áðàòñüêèé ìîíàñòèð Áîãîÿâëåííÿ, çàñíîâàíèé íà ïî÷. ÕV²² ñò., ÷àñòêîâî çðóéíîâàíèé â 1935 ð., Êîíòðàêòîâà ïë. The Brotherhood Epiphany (Bratsky Bohoyavlensky) Monastery, founded at the beginning of XVII century, partially destroyed in 1935, Kontraktova square. 18. Öåðêâà Ñâ. Áîðèñà ³ Ãë³áà, çáóäîâàíà â 1692 ð., çðóéíîâàíà â ñåð. 30-õ ðð. ÕÕ ñò., âóë. Áîðèñîãë³áñüêà, 10. The Church of St. Borys and Glib, built in 1692, destroyed in the middle of 30-ies of XX century, 10 Borysoglibska Street. 19. Öåðêâà çáóäîâàíà â ìèðñüêà, 2. (Desiatynna), Street.

Óñï³ííÿ Ïðåñâÿòî¿ Áîãîðîäèö³ (Äåñÿòèííà), 1828 ð., çðóéíîâàíà â 1935 ð., âóë. ÂîëîäèThe Church of Dormition of the Theotocos built in 1828, destroyed in 1935, 2 Volodymyrska

20. Äåðåâ'ÿíà ãðåêî-êàòîëèöüêà öåðêâà, çáóäîâàíà â Õ²Õ ñò., çðóéíîâàíà â 1935 ð., âóë. Ïàâë³âñüêà, 10. The wooden greekcatholic church, built in XIX century, destroyed in 1935, 10 Pavlivska Street.

20

12


21

22

23

24 21. ³éñüêîâî-Ìèê³ëüñüêèé ñîáîð, çáóäîâàíèé â 1690-1693 ðð., çðóéíîâàíèé â 1935 ð., ïë. Ñëàâè. The Military-Mykilsky Cathedral, built in 1690-1693. destroyed in 1935, Slava place. 22. Öåðêâà Óñï³ííÿ Ïðåñâÿòî¿ Áîãîðîäèö³ ("Ïèðîãîùà"), çáóäîâàíà â 1132-1136 ðð., çðóéíîâàíà â 1935 ð., Êîíòðàêòîâà ïë., 6. The Church of Dormition of the Theotocos ("Pirogoshcha"), built in 1132-1136, destroyed in 1935, 6 Kontraktova square. 23. Ìèõàéë³âñüêèé Çîëîòîâåðõèé ìîíàñòèð, çàñíîâàíèé â Õ² ñò., çðóéíîâàíèé â 1934-1936 ðð., âóë. Òðüîõñâÿòèòåëüñüêà, The Mykhailovsky Golden-Domed Monastery, founded in XI century, destroyed in 1934-1936, 6 Triohsviatytelska Street. 24. Ìîíàñòèð Ñâ. Ìèêîëè ("Ïóñòèííèé"), çàñíîâàíèé â Õ²² ñò., çðóéíîâàíèé ó 30-õ ðð. ÕÕ ñò., ïë. Ñëàâè. The St. Mykola Pustyn Monastery, founded in XII century, destroyed in the 30-ies of XX century, Slava square.

25

25. Óñïåíñüêèé ñîáîð Êèºâî-Ïå÷åðñüêî¿ ëàâðè, çáóäîâàíèé â 1073-1078 ðð., çðóéíîâàíèé â 1941 ð., âóë. ѳ÷íåâîãî ïîâñòàííÿ, 21. The Dormition Cathedral of the Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra, built in 1073-1078, destroyed in 1941, 21 Sichnevogo Povstannia Street.

13


26

27

29 26. Ñîáîð Áîãîÿâëåííÿ Áðàòñüêîãî ìîíàñòèðÿ, çáóäîâàíèé â 1690-1693 ðð., çðóéíîâàíèé â 1935 ð., Êîíòðàêòîâà ïë. The Brotherhood Epiphany (Bratsky Bohoyavlensky) Monastery Cathedral, built in 1690-1693, destroyed in 1935, Kontraktova square. 27. Öåðêâà Âñ³õ Ñâÿòèõ íà Ùåêàâèö³, çáóäîâàíà â 1782 ð., çðóéíîâàíà â ñåð. 30-õ ðð. ÕÕ ñò. The Church of All Saints at Shchekavytsia, built in 1782, destroyed in the middle of 30-ies, XX century. 28. Òðüîõñâÿòèòåëüñüêà (Âàñèëüê³âñüêà) öåðêâà, çáóäîâàíà â 1183 ð., çðóéíîâàíà â 1934-1935 ðð., âóë. Äåñÿòèííà, 2. The Triohsviatytelska (Vasylkivska) church, built in 1183, destroyed in 1934-1935, 2 Desiatynna Street. 29. Öåðêâà Ñââ. Ïåòðà ³ Ïàâëà, çáóäîâàíà íà ïî÷. ÕV²² ñò., çðóéíîâàíà â 1935 ð., âóë. Ïðèòèñüêî-Ìèê³ëüñüêà, 4. The Church of St. Peter and Pavel (St. Peter's and Paul's Church), built at the beginning of XVII century, destroyed in 1935, 4 Prytyssko-Mykilska Street.

28

14


30

31

32

33 30. Öåðêâà Ñââ. Êîñòÿíòèíà ³ ªëåíè, çáóäîâàíà â 1734 ð., çðóéíîâàíà ó 20-õ ðð. ÕÕ ñò., âóë. Ùåêàâèöüêà, 6. The Church of St. Konstantin and Elena, built in 1734, destroyed in the 20-ies of XX century, 6 Shchekavytska Street. 31. Öåðêâà Ñâ. Ìèêîëè (Ìèêîëè Äîáðîãî), çáóäîâàíà â 1800-1807 ðð., çðóéíîâàíà â 1935 ð., âóë. Ïîêðîâñüêà, 6. The Church of St. Mykola (Mykola the Kind), built in 18001807, destroyed in 1935, 6 Pokrovska Street. 32. Öåðêâà гçäâà Õðèñòîâîãî, çáóäîâàíà â 1810-1814 ðð., çðóéíîâàíà â 1935 ð., Ïîøòîâà ïë. The Church of Christmas, built in 1810-1814, destroyed in 1935, Poshtova square. 33. Öåðêâà Âîñêðåñ³ííÿ Õðèñòîâîãî, çáóäîâàíà â ²² ïîë. ÕV²² ñò., çðóéíîâàíà â ñåð. 30 ðð. ÕÕ ñò., ïðîâ. Õîðèâà, 4. The Anastasis Church, built in the 2nd half of XVII, destroyed in the middle of 30-ies, XX century, 4 Khoryva alley. 34. Öåðêâà Ñâ. Îëüãè, çáóäîâàíà â 1839 ð., çðóéíîâàíà â 1935 ð., íà ðîç³ âóë. Ãóñîâñüêîãî ³ Ïàíàñà Ìèðíîãî. The church of St. Olga, built in 1839, destroyed in 1935, at the edge of Gusovsky Street and Panas Myrny Street.

34

15


Öåðêâà Óñï³ííÿ Ïðåñâÿòî¿ Áîãîðîäèö³ Ïèðîãîùî¿

The Collegiate Church of the Pyrohoshcha Madonna Assumption

ì. Êè¿â, Êîíòðàêòîâà ïë. Ñïîðóäæåíà â 1131-1136 ðð. Çðóéíîâàíà â 1935 ð. ³äðîäæåíà â 1996-1998 ðð. Ãåíï³äðÿäíèê — êîðïîðàö³ÿ "Óêððåñòàâðàö³ÿ" Ãåíïðîåêòóâàëüíèê — ³íñòèòóò "ÓêðÍIJïðîåêòðåñòàâðàö³ÿ" Àâòîð ïðîåêòó — Â.Îò÷åíàøêî

Contractova ploshcha, Kyiv Built in 1131-1136 Destroyed in 1935 Reconstructed in 1996-1998 General contractor — "Ukrrestoration" corporation Architect's office — "UrkNDIproektrestavratsiya" Author of the project — V.Otchenashko

åðøîþ, ÿê ñèìâîë íåçíèùåííîñò³ äóõó íàøîãî íàðîäó, ïîñòàëà â ñàìîìó ñåðö³ Ïîäîëó öåðêâà Óñï³ííÿ Áîãîðîäèö³ Ïèðîãîùî¿ — öåðêâà, ùî íàëåæàëà íå îäíîìó ïîêîë³ííþ, ¿¿ äîëÿ — öå äîëÿ íàðîäó óïðîäîâæ â³ê³â. ³äïîâ³äíî äî ²ïàò³¿âñüêîãî òà Ëàâðåíò³¿âñüêîãî ë³òîïèñ³â, Ïèðîãîùà áóëà çàñíîâàíà é ñïîðóäæåíà êè¿âñüêèì êíÿçåì Ìñòèñëàâîì, ñèíîì Âîëîäèìèðà Ìîíîìàõà, ó 1131-1136 ðð.  îñòàíí³õ ðÿäêàõ "Ñëîâà î ïîëêó ²ãîðåâ³ì" ðîçïîâ³äàºòüñÿ, ÿê ó 1185 ð. ²ãîð Ñâÿòîñëàâè÷ "¿äå ïî Áîðè÷åâó äî ñâÿòî¿ Áîãîðîäèö³ Ïèðîãîùî¿" (î÷åâèäíî, êíÿçü ìàâ íà ìåò³ âêëîíèòèñÿ óñëàâëåí³é ñâÿòèí³ òà ïîäÿêóâàòè ¿é çà ñâîº âèçâîëåííÿ ç ïîëîâåöüêîãî ïîëîíó). Öåðêâà Áîãîðîäèö³ Ïèðîãîùî¿ ïðîòÿãîì ñòîë³òü â³ä³ãðàâàëà âåëèêó ðîëü ó æèòò³ ì³ñòà, áóëà ãîëîâíîþ ñîáîðíîþ öåðêâîþ ïîä³ëüñüêèõ êóïö³â, ì³ùàí ³ ðåì³ñíèê³â, à â 1613-1633 ðð. — öåíòðîì Êè¿âñüêî¿ ìèòðîïî볿. Òóò çáåð³ãàëàñÿ íàéö³íí³øà ÷àñòèíà ì³ñüêîãî àðõ³âó (ùî ö³ëêîì ïîãîð³â ó 1651 ³ 1808 ðð.), ä³ÿëà øêîëà, áóëè ë³êàðíÿ ³ ñèð³òñüêèé ïðèòóëîê. Íà ïîãîñò³ öåðêâè õîâàëè íàéïîâàæí³øèõ ãðîìàäÿí. Âèðîê ¿é áóëî âèíåñåíî 1935 ð. Ñàìå òîä³ ïðèïèíèëà âîíà ñâîº 800-ë³òíº äóõîâíå ñëóæ³ííÿ íàðîäîâ³, ðîçä³ëèâøè äîëþ äåñÿòê³â êè¿âñüêèõ öåðêîâ, çíèùåíèõ òîòàë³òàðíèì ðåæèìîì. Òðèâàëèì ³ ñêëàäíèì áóâ øëÿõ äî â³äòâîðåííÿ öåðêâè. Ó÷åí³-³ñòîðèêè, àðõåîëîãè, àðõ³òåêòîðè, ³íø³ ôàõ³âö³ ñïåðå÷àëèñÿ, àáè çíàéòè ºäèíîïðàâèëüíèé ïðîåêò, àäæå õðàì áàãàòî ðàç³â ðóéíóâàëè ³ çíèùóâàëè, ïîò³ì çíîâ ³ çíîâ â³äðîäæóâàëè. Íà â³äì³òêàõ ÿêîãî æ ïåð³îäó â³äíîâëþâàòè Ïèðîãîùó — Õ²², ÕV²² ÷è ÕV²²² ñò.?  îãîëîøåíîìó 1989 ð. êîíêóðñ³ ïðîåêò³â â³äðîäæåííÿ öåðêâè ïåðåìîãó çäîáóâ òâîð÷èé êîëåêòèâ êè¿âñüêèõ àðõ³òåêòîð³â Þ.Àñººâà, Ì.Æàðèêîâà ³ Â.Øåâ÷åíêî, ÿê³ çàïðîïîíóâàëè âàð³àíò â³äòâîðåííÿ õðàìó â ôîðìàõ Õ²² ñò. Òà ïðàêòè÷í³ ä³¿ ùîäî â³äáóäîâè öåðêâè ðîçïî÷àëèñÿ ï³ñëÿ ïðèéíÿòòÿ ó 1995 ð. âèêîíêîìîì Êè¿âñüêî¿ ðàäè íàðîäíèõ äåïóòàò³â ð³øåííÿ ïðî â³äòâîðåííÿ öåðêâè Áîãîðîäèö³ Ïèðîãîùî¿ ñàìå ó ôîðìàõ Õ²² ñò. Ç óñ³º¿ Óêðà¿íè íà îá'ºêò áóëè çàëó÷åí³ íàéêðàù³ ðåñòàâðàòîðè êîðïîðàö³¿ "Óêððåñòàâðàö³ÿ". Çà ³íäèâ³äóàëüíèì çàìîâëåííÿì êè¿âñüêèé

he first church, as the symbol of indestructible spirit of our people, the Collegiate Church of the Pyrohoshcha Madonna Assumption appeared in the heart of Podil. This church has belonged to many generations, and its destiny is the destiny of whole nation through the ages. In accordance with Hypatian and Laurentian chronicles, the Pyrohoshcha Madonna had been founded and built in 1131-1136, by Mstyslav, the Prince of Kyiv, the son of Volodymyr Monomakh. The last lines of "The Tale of Ihor's Campaign" ("Slovo o polku Ihorevi") narrate that in 1185 Ihor Svyatoslavych "rides across Borytchev to the Pyrohoshcha Madonna" (probably, the prince was going to bow down to the ground to the great blessed place and thank it for the liberation from captivity by Polovtsi tribe). The Collegiate Church of the Pyrohoshcha Madonna Assumption was a great importance for the city life, it was the main collegiate church for merchants, lower-middle class and artisans in Podol, and in 1613-1633 it was the center of Kyiv metropoly. The most valuable part of the city archive was stored here (which fully burned down in 1651 and 1808); there was a school, a hospital and orphan's home. In the churchyard highly honourable citizens had been buried. In 1935, the Pyrohoshcha Madonna shared the fare of numerous Kyivan temples. After 800 years of spiritual service for its nation, the church was demolished by the totalitarian regime. The long and difficult way was passed before the reconstruction of the church. Historians, archaeologists, architects, other specialists were looking for the right model to be reconstructed, because in fact the temple was repeatedly demolished and reconstructed. What time marks should be considered for reconstruction of the Pirohoshcha Madonna — Õ²², ÕV²² or ÕV²²² century? In 1989, the winner of project competition on church reconstruction was the creative collective of the architects from Kyiv, namely Y. Aseyev, M. Zharikov, V. Shevtchenko, who proposed the project of the temple of Õ²² century. But reconstruction work had begun after acceptance, in 1995, by the executive committee of Kyiv Council of the people deputies, the decision about the restoration of the Church of the Pyrohoshcha Madonna, according to Õ²² century model.

Ï

T

16


çàâîä "Êåðàìïåðë³ò" âèïóñêàâ äëÿ áóä³âíèöòâà öåãëó-ïë³íôó çà ñïåö³àëüíèìè ëåêàëàìè. Áàíÿ, ÿê ³ ïîêð³âëÿ, ì³äíà, íà í³é âñòàíîâëåíî õðåñò âèñîòîþ 1,5 ì. Ö³êàâèìè â ³íòåð'ºð³ º áðîíçîâèé ñâ³òèëüíèê (õîðîñ) ï³ä ãîëîâíîþ áàíåþ, äåðåâ'ÿí³ äåêîðàòèâí³ áàëêè, ìàðìóðîâèé ³êîíîñòàñ, ïîçîëî÷åí³ öàðñüê³ âðàòà ³ õðåñò. ϳäëîãà âèêëàäåíà ãðàí³òíèìè ïëèòàìè, à ó â³âòàðí³é ÷àñòèí³ — ìàðìóð. 7 êâ³òíÿ 1998 ð. Äåðæàâíà êîì³ñ³ÿ ïðèéíÿëà îá'ºêò ç îö³íêîþ "â³äì³ííî". Öå é íå äèâíî: ñâ³òëà, æèâà ñïîðóäà, âèâàæåí³ äåòàë³ âíóòð³øíüîãî ³íòåð'ºðó ³ çîâí³øíüî¿ îðãàí³çàö³¿, áåçóìîâíî, ïðèâåðòàþòü óâàãó ñâîºþ åñòåòèêîþ. Òåïåð êîæåí, õòî ïðèõîäèòü ñþäè, ìîæå ïîðèíóòè ó Õ²² ñò., â³ä÷óòè ïîäèõ òîãî ÷àñó, áî öåðêâà öÿ — ïåðøà ³ ºäèíà, äå ìîæíà óÿâèòè, ÿê êíÿçü ²ãîð ç³ ñâî¿ìè âî¿íàìè çóñòð³÷àâñÿ òóò ç ïîäîëÿíàìè, ³ ïîñòîÿòè íà êîëèøíüîìó öâèíòàð³ íàä ìîãèëîþ ç ïåðåçàõîâàíèìè îñòàíêàìè íàøèõ ïðåäê³â, îäíèì ç ÿêèõ, äî ðå÷³, º ïî÷åñíèé êèÿíèí, àðõ³òåêòîð ².Ãðèãîðîâè÷-Áàðñüêèé, àâòîð ðåêîíñòðóêö³¿ öåðêâè ó 1770 ð. ßê ïòèöÿ Ôåí³êñ, â³äðîäèëàñÿ Ïèðîãîùà ³ç çàáóòòÿ. Ó ñòèñë³ ñòðîêè (9 ì³ñÿö³â) êîðïîðàö³ÿ "Óêððåñòàâðàö³ÿ" â³äáóäóâàëà öåé õðàì. Óñóïåðå÷ óñ³ì íåãàðàçäàì íàøîãî æèòòÿ ¿¿ òðåáà áóëî â³äðîäèòè, âáà÷àþ÷è â öüîìó ùå é åëåìåíò êàÿòòÿ ï³ñëÿ åïîõè âîéîâíè÷îãî àòå¿çìó. Òîæ êîëè 11 êâ³òíÿ 1998 ð. êèÿíàì ïîâåðíóëè öåé âåëè÷íèé õðàì, ìè çðîáèëè ïåðøèé êðîê äî çä³éñíåííÿ Äåðæàâíî¿ ïðîãðàìè â³äòâîðåííÿ óí³êàëüíèõ ïàì'ÿòîê ³ñòî𳿠òà êóëüòóðè. Ñàìå ç Ïèðîãîùî¿ ñòàðîäàâí³é Êè¿â ïî÷àâ â³äðîäæóâàòè ñâî¿ ñâÿòèí³.

From all over Ukraine, the best restorers of "Ukrrestorationya" corporation were involved in the restoration of the object. By the individual order the Kyiv plant "Keramperlit" produced bricks under specified template. The copper cupola and roof are crowned by the 1,5 m height cross. An interesting feature of the interior is a bronze lamp (choros), which is under the main cupola, as well as wooden decorative beams, the marble iconostasis, the gilt imperial gate and the cross. The floor is covered by granite slabs, and in the altar part — by marble. On April, 7 1998 the State commission has accepted the object with the excellent mark. No wonder that the light, vivid building; the thought-out details of interior and external organization attract attention with its aesthetics. Now everyone, who comes here, can dip into Õ²² century, feel the spirit of that time, because this church is the first and unique one, where everyone can imagine the times when the Prince Ihor with his warriors met with Podolyans here, and stand in the former graveyard near the grave with the reburied remains of our ancestors, one of which, by the way, is the honourary architect from Kyiv, I.HryhorovychBarsky, the author of church reconstruction in 1770. Like Phoenix, the Pyrohoshcha Madonna has revived from ruins. In short period (9 months) "Ukrrestoration" corporation built up this temple. In spite of all troubles in our life it was necessary to revive it, seeing herein the element of repentance after the epoch of bellicose atheism. Thus on April, 11, 1998, after this majestic temple was returned to Kievans, we took the first step to realization of the Government program of restoration of unique sights of history and culture. The Pyrohoshcha Madonna is the beginning of revival of sacred places in ancient Kyiv.

35

36

17


37

38

35. Öåðêâà Óñï³ííÿ Ïðåñâÿòî¿ Áîãîðîäèö³ ("Ïèðîãîùà"), ôîòî ïî÷. ÕÕ ñò. The Church of Dormition of the Theotocos ("Pirogoshcha"), photo — the beginning of XX century.

39

37-39. Öåðêâà ï³ñëÿ â³äòâîðåííÿ, 2000 ð. The church after the restoration, year 2000.

36. Ðó¿íè öåðêâè, ôîòî 1935 ð. The church demolitions, year 1935.

18


Ïàì'ÿòíèê êíÿãèí³ Îëüç³, Ñâ. Àíäð³þ Ïåðâîçâàííîìó, ïðîñâ³òèòåëÿì Êèðèëó òà Ìåôîä³þ

Monument to Princess Îlha, St. Andrew, enlighteners Cyrill and Methodius

ì. Êè¿â, Ìèõàéë³âñüêà ïë. Ñïîðóäæåíèé ó 1911 ð. Ïîñòóïîâî çíèùåíèé ïðîòÿãîì 1920-1932 ðð. ³äòâîðåíèé ó 1995-1996 ðð. Ãåíï³äðÿäíèê — êîðïîðàö³ÿ "Óêððåñòàâðàö³ÿ" Ñêóëüïòîðè — Ì.Á³ëèê, Â.Âèíàéê³í, Î.Äÿ÷åíêî, Â.ѳâêî, Â.Øèøîâ Àðõ³òåêòîðè — Î.Àíäðººâ, Ð.Êóõàðåíêî, Þ.Ëîñèöüêèé (çà ó÷àñòþ Â.Áîðèñåíêà, Â.Ãíºçä³ëîâà, Ã.Êóðîâñüêîãî, Ì.Îðëåíêà, Þ.ϳñêîâñüêîãî, À.Ïîâçèêà, Ð.Ñèíüêà, Â.Øåâåëþêà)

Mykhajlivska sq, Kyiv Built in 1911 Gradually destroyed during 1920-1932 Reconstructed in 1995-1996 General contractor — "Ukrrestoration" corporation Sculptors — M.Bilyk, V.Vynaikin, O.Djachenko, V.Sivko, V.Shishov Architects — O.Andreyev, R.Kukharenko, J.Lositsky (in cooperation of V.Borisenko, V.Hnyezdilov, H.Kurovsky, M.Orlenko, J.Piskovsky, A.Povzyk, R.Sinko, V.Shevelyuk)

èÿíè ïî÷àòêó ÕÕ ñò. øàíîáëèâî ñòàâèëèñü äî ñâ ³ñòî𳿠òà ¿¿ âèçíà÷íèõ ä³ÿ÷³â. Òîæ Êè¿âñüêà ì³ñüêà âëàäà 1909 ð. âèð³øèëà â³äîáðàçèòè â³ò÷èçíÿíó ³ñòîð³þ â ïàì'ÿòíèêàõ. Öåé ïðîåêò îòðèìàâ íàçâó "²ñòîðè÷íèé øëÿõ" ³ ïåðåäáà÷àâ áóä³âíèöòâî ì³æ Ñîô³ºþ òà Ìèõàéë³âñüêèì ìîíàñòèðåì àëå¿ ç 20 ìîíóìåíò³â, ïðèñâÿ÷åíèõ íàø³é ³ñòîð³¿. Çîêðåìà, áóëî çàïðîïîíîâàíî óâ³÷íèòè Îëüãó, êíÿç³â Îëåãà, Ñâÿòîñëàâà òà ßðîñëàâà Ìóäðîãî. Ó êîíêóðñ³ íà êðàùèé ïðîåêò ïàì'ÿòíèêà êíÿãèí³ Îëüç³ ïåðåì³ã ìîëîäèé ñêóëüïòîð ²âàí Êàâàëåð³äçå (çà ó÷àñòþ ñêóëüïòîðà Ï.Ñí³òê³íà é àðõ³òåêòîðà Â.Ðèêîâà). Êîøòè íà ñïîðóäæåííÿ ïàì'ÿòíèêà áóëè âèä³ëåí³ ³ìïåðàòîðîì Ìèêîëîþ ²² òà êè¿âñüêèì ìåöåíàòîì Î.Òåðåùåíêîì. Ìîíóìåíò áóâ áàãàòîô³ãóðíèì: êð³ì ñàìî¿ Îëüãè ñòîÿëè ùå ô³ãóðè àïîñòîëà Àíäð³ÿ Ïåðâîçâàííîãî ç õðåñòîì ó ðóêàõ ³ Êèðèëà òà Ìåôîä³ÿ ç ªâàíãå볺ì. ×åðåç íåñòà÷ó êîøò³â ³ ñòèñë³ òåðì³íè âèêîíàííÿ áðîíçîâèé ìàòåð³àë ìîíóìåíòà áóëî çàì³íåíî íà áåòîí. ³äòàê 4 âåðåñíÿ 1911 ð. â³äáóëîñÿ óðî÷èñòå â³äêðèòòÿ ïàì'ÿòíèêà íà Ìèõàéë³âñüê³é ïëîù³. Ïîäàëüøà éîãî äîëÿ áóëà íå ìåíø äðàìàòè÷íîþ, í³æ äîëÿ ñàìî¿ Îëüãè. Ó 1919 ð. ô³ãóðó Îëüãè äåìîíòóâàëè, à íà ¿¿ ì³ñöå ïîñòàâèëè áþñò Ò.Øåâ÷åíêà. Á³÷í³ ô³ãóðè àïîñòîëà ³ ïðîñâ³òèòåë³â çíèêëè ó 1923 ð., ¿õ äîëÿ é äîñ³ íåâ³äîìà. Çàãàëîì ïàì'ÿòíèê áóâ ïîñòóïîâî çíèùåíèé ïðîòÿãîì 1920-1932 ðð. Ìèíàëè ðîêè, äåñÿòèë³òòÿ... Òà, çðåøòîþ, ó áåðåçí³ 1995 ð. Êè¿âñüêà ì³ñüêà âëàäà ïðèéíÿëà ð³øåííÿ ïðî â³äòâîðåííÿ ïàì'ÿòíèêà êíÿãèí³ Îëüç³. Íà øëÿõó äî ö³º¿ ìåòè êîðïîðàö³¿ "Óêððåñòàâðàö³ÿ" äîâåëîñÿ äîëàòè ÷èìàëî òðóäíîù³â: çáåðåãëîñÿ íå òàê âæå é áàãàòî ôîòîãðàô³é ðîáîòè ².Êàâàëåð³äçå. Äîïîìîãëè êèºâîçíàâö³, ùî íåñëè äî Ìåìîð³àëüíîãî ôîíäó ².Êàâàëåð³äçå ñòàðîâèíí³ àëüáîìè, ïîøòîâ³ ëèñò³âêè, ôîòîãðàô³¿ òà ìàëþíêè. Öå äîçâîëèëî â³äïðàöþâàòè é óòî÷íèòè äåòàë³, ÿê³ ñïî÷àòêó, çäàâàëîñÿ, íåìîæëèâî áóëî

yivan citizens at the beginning of XX century respect their history and outstanding figures. Thus in 1909, the Kievan authority has decided to represent the native history by means of monuments. This project was named "the Historical path" and stipulated the construction of alley with 20 monuments between Sofia and Michael's monastery devoted to our history. In particular, it was proposed to perpetuate the figures as Princess Olha, Princes Oleh, Sviatoslav and Yaroslav the Wise. The winner of the competition for the best project of the Princes Olha monument was young sculptor Ivan Kavaleridze (in cooperation with the sculptor of P.Snitkin and architect V.Rykov). Cash means for the construction of the monument was given by Emperor Nikolay ²² and Kyivan patron of art O.Tereshchenko. The monument was multifigured; besides Olha there were figures of apostle Andrew Pervozvany with the cross in his hands, as well as Cyril and Methodius with the Gospel. Due to the lack of means and short term for performance designed bronze has been replaced with concrete. Then, on September, 4, 1911 the solemn opening the monument in Mykhailivska square has taken place. Its further destiny was so dramatic as Olga's destiny. In 1919 Olga's figure was dismantled, and instead of it the bust of T. Shevchenko was put. Side figures of apostle and enlighteners disappeared in 1923, their destiny is unknown so far. The monument has been gradually destroyed during 1920-1932. Many years have passed... After all, in March, 1995 the Kievan authority makes the decision on reconstruction of the monument to Princess Olga. "Ukrrestoration" corporation had to overcome many difficulties to be arisen on the way to this purpose: not too many photos of I. Kavaleridze work were preserved. Connoisseurs of Kyiv history brought to Memorial I.Kavaleridze fund ancient albums, post cards, photos and drawings. This assistance allowed processing and specifying details that at first seemed to be unrealizable task. Selection of material for the

Ê

K

19


âèÿâèòè. Äîâãî òðèâàëè é ïîøóêè ìàòåð³àëó äëÿ ïàì'ÿòíèêà, òà ðåàë³çóâàòè çàäóì ²âàíà Êàâàëåð³äçå — â³äëèòè éîãî ó áðîíç³ — íå ñóäèëîñÿ ³ öüîãî ðàçó. ϳñëÿ ÷èñëåííèõ õóäîæí³õ ðàä ïðîâ³äíèìè õóäîæíèêàìè, ñêóëüïòîðàìè òà àðõ³òåêòîðàìè Óêðà¿íè áóëî ïðèéíÿòî ð³øåííÿ âèêîðèñòàòè á³ëèé ³òàë³éñüêèé êàððàðñüêèé ìàðìóð, ³, ÿê ïîêàçàâ ÷àñ, âîíè íå ïîìèëèëèñÿ. Êîíöåïö³ÿ ñêóëüïòóðíî¿ êîìïîçèö³¿ ïàì'ÿòíèêà îá'ºäíàëà â ñîá³ òàê³ ïîíÿòòÿ, ÿê äåðæàâà, íàóêà ³ ðåë³ã³ÿ. ¯õ óîñîáëþþòü á³áë³éíà ïîñòàòü Àíäð³ÿ Ïåðâîçâàííîãî é ðåàëüí³ ô³ãóðè Îëüãè òà ñëîâ'ÿíñüêèõ ïðîñâ³òèòåë³â Êèðèëà ³ Ìåôîä³ÿ. Ãðóïîâà êîìïîçèö³ÿ ìຠòðè îêðåì³ ï'ºäåñòàëè. Ó öåíòð³ — âåëè÷íà ô³ãóðà êíÿãèí³ Îëüãè, îáðàç ÿêî¿ óîñîáëþº ðîçóì, äàëåêîãëÿäí³ñòü ³ âíóòð³øíþ çîñåðåäæåí³ñòü. Öÿ íåîðäèíàðíà æ³íêà âèãëÿäຠâåëè÷íîþ ³ ìîíóìåíòàëüíîþ â çàãàëüíîìó êîíòåêñò³ ïàì'ÿòíèêà. Âèãîòîâèëè ñêóëüïòóðó êíÿãèí³ Îëüãè ðåñòàâðàòîðè-êàìåíÿð³ áðàòè Ìèêîëà ³ Âîëîäèìèð Ñð³áíþêè (âèñîòà ô³ãóðè — 4,04 ì, ïîñòàìåíòó — 4,40 ì). Àíäð³é Ïåðâîçâàííèé, ç ãëèáîêîþ â³ðîþ ³ íà䳺þ ïðîãîëîøóþ÷è âåëè÷íå ìàéáóòíº Êèºâà, ñòî¿òü, ñïèðàþ÷èñü íà ïîñîõ, ³ âêàçóº ïðàâèöåþ íà êè¿âñüê³ ãîðè. Óñþ éîãî ïîñòàòü ïåðåïîâíþº ïåðåêîíàí³ñòü, âïåâíåí³ñòü ó âëàñí³é ïðàâîò³ (âèñîòà ô³ãóðè — 2,70 ì, ïîñòàìåíòó — 2,45 ì). Ìåôîä³é çîáðàæåíèé íà ïîâíèé çð³ñò, ó ÷åðíå÷îìó îäÿç³, ñòîÿ÷è, ÷èòຠðîçãîðíóòèé ñóâ³é, à Êèðèëî ñèäèòü ³ ïèøå àáåòêó (âèñîòà ô³ãóðè — 2,73 ì, ïîñòàìåíòó — 2,45 ì). Óðî÷èñòå â³äêðèòòÿ â³äòâîðåíîãî ïàì'ÿòíèêà êíÿãèí³ Îëüç³ â³äáóëîñÿ ó Äåíü Êèºâà — 25 òðàâíÿ 1996 ð.

monument last rather for a long time, but realization of the Ivan Kavaleridze's plan — to made it from bronze — was not successful this time. After numerous meetings of leading artists, sculptors and architects of Ukraine it had been accepted decisions to use white Italian Carrara marble, and they were not mistaken. The concept of the sculptural composition combines such ideas, as the state, science and religion. Their personification is the biblical figure of Andry Pervozvanny and historical figures of Olga and Slavic enlighteners Cyril and Methodius. The composition has 3 separate pedestals. In the center there is a majestic figure of Princess Olha, appearance of which shows great intellect, foresight and internal concentration. This unordinary woman looks majestic and monumental in general context of the monument. The figure of Princess Olha was made by the restorers-stonecutters brothers Mykola and Volodymyr Sribnjuki (height of the figure is 4.04 m, and the pedestal — 4.40 m). Andry Pervozvany, with deep belief and hope proclaming the great future of Kyiv, stands leaning on a crosier and with right hand points to the Kiev hills. Its figure is full of conviction, moral certainty (height of the figure — 2.70 m, the pedestal — 2.45 m). Methodius is represented on full growth, in monastic clothes, standing and reading the unfolded scroll, and Cyril is sitting and writing the alphabet (figure height — 2.73 m, the pedestal — 2.45 m). Grand opening of the reconstructed monument of the Princess Olha has taken place in the Kiev's day — on May, 25, 1996.

41

40 40. Ïàì'ÿòíèê êíÿãèí³ Îëüç³, ôîòî 1912 ð. The Monument to Princess Olga, photo year 2000.

41. Ïàì'ÿòíèê ï³ñëÿ â³äòâîðåííÿ, 2000 ð. The monument after the restoration, year 2000.

20


ukrrest