13th April 2018 9.0
Advice for Parents - The purpose of marriage is to have children and then educate them to worship Allah (SWT). - When a child is born, a mother and father are also born.
- Islam and Iman can never be defeated. - Teach your children how to remain pure, but also teach them how to purify themselves, through repentance when they slip. - The law of this universe is that if you want to achieve something, it requires labour. Instil a sense of 'will' within your children, so they act willingly.
- The personal development of the parents is just as important as that of the child. This point is often overlooked.
- Focus must be given to child's physical growth, as well as their mental growth. Teach them how to read the Qur'an, how to cook, how to clean the house, how to wash clothes etc.
- Modern education seeks to incorporate people into the economy - to make money. Islamic education seeks to train people to become 'good' individuals, in terms of their character etc. 'Good' meaning to prepare for the Hereafter.
- Develop 'thinking' in your child. Otherwise they will do things in order to fulfil their desires. Today, in the guise of 'freedom' we are being directed to become more bestial.
- Your children, before they are your children, they are the slaves of Allah. His rights over them precede your rights. - Your duty is to teach them and provide them guidance - not to make them pious. You will be questioned whether you taught them right or not. - Parents need to realise they too are slaves of Allah. His rights over them precede their rights. Don't become enslaved to them such that you forget Him. - Children see and hear with their eyes. If you want them to hear, make them see. Parents should be role models.
- Teach them to always think about the consequences prior to acting. - 4 key qualities need to be developed in your child: 1) Taharah: purity of the mind, body and heart. 2) Ikhbat: worship of Allah with utmost humility. Teach them the hadith , the love for the Salat, taqwa and zuhd - teach them they weren't created to be attached to this world. 3) Samahah: a personality which comprises bravery, genorosity, patience, tolerance and controlling of desires. Life is not meant to be just about comfort; it requires struggle and striving.
- Education is primarily given by the family environment. Today, we suffer from the problem of 'disorientation' where children, and in many cases parents also, are getting there ideals from elsewhere (e.g. TV etc). Everyone is on a different wavelength and so family 'unit' is broken.
4) 'Adalah: be just to them and teach them to be just to others.
- The home should be given precedence over all other environments and used as the measuring-stick by which other things are judged.
May Allah (SWT) forgive our shortcomings and make us the inhabitants of jannatul firdaus, Aameen !
- A person can learn from the natural environment. The entire universe is a means to the Remembrance of Allah.
By Shaykh Akram Nadwi
Nevertheless we should stand up and tie our belt to motivate them accordingly by the Islamic injunctions and skills.
Think education is expensive? Try ignorance!
Community Deaf Presents
Courses, Lectures and Workshops
Deaf Muslim Marriage Event Open to all Deaf & Hearing Muslim people from different backgrounds. Both single & divorced is welcome! When: Saturday 14th April 2018, In Shaa Allah Time: 4.30:00pm to 10:00pm Where: Birmingham Central Mosque The event will be provided with the buffet meal, 2 British Sign Language Interpreters and volunteers assisting from Community Deaf Team.
East Ham Nature Reserve Explore Spring in the woodlands with orienteering and help nature at the Green Gym. Where: East Ham Nature Reserve, Norman Road, E6 6HN When: Wednesday Time: Green Gym: 10am-1pm, Cost: FREE Age: Green Gym (18+ only),
**Pay On Door ONLY** Candidate: £15 Guest: £10 (Family member or friend for up to 2 ONLY) Interested? If so, please contact Amina to register for filling in the form and photography permission. For more information or enquiries please contact Amina Bibi from Community Deaf on 07496 745 850 or email email@example.com Please spread the Muslim Deaf Community in the UK about this event, In Shaa Allah Jazak'Allah Khair & Walaykmus salaam
Kashmiri girls, women and children with their supporters are organizing a sit in protest
Fencing Lunge, Parry, Riposte! Fencing provides a unique mix of physical, intellectual and emotional stimulation. Want to improve coordination, concentration, endurance and cardiovascular fitness? then come along to our Fencing sessions and learn the ancient art of swordsmanship which draws its origins from as early as the 12th century. During the programme you’ll learn the moves needed to beat your opponent whilst improving flexibility, resilience, and reflexes. Following the programme there is the opportunity to undertake a Fencing Leaders award with British Fencing. AGE: 10 - 16 17/04/18 - 21/06/18 17:00 – 18:00 FROUD CENTRE, 1 Toronto Ave, London E12 5JF
In the Parliament Square London SW1P 3BD Between 15:00 to 17:00 on 16 April 2018 Petitioning Commonwealth Heads of States Attending CHOGHAM in London To take-up the Bloody Sunday and Gross Atrocities on Kashmiris in pursuit of their right to selfdetermination in Indian Occupied Kashmir. Everyone is urged to participate to make the point Mrs Shamim Shawl RSVP SSHAWL2001@yahoo.com +447825662356 Executive Member APHC General Secretary Kashmir Tahreeki Khawateen IMWU - Permanent Representative to UN
Think education is expensive? Try ignorance!
Welcome to our newsletter. We are a small organisation based in East London. Do good and share the good.