Motherâ€™s Day 2018 Gift Guide
Harmony Balls: Sterling Silver or 9ct Gold Harmony, Chime Balls or Angel Callers? Oh My Giddy Aunt has them all! Beautiful chiming pendants, earrings and bracelets to relax, calm or remind loved ones youâ€™re thinking of them every time they hear a tinkle. Complete Bella Donna Silver range online or custom made just for Mum in solid 9ct rose or yellow gold. Perfect for Mum-to-be too! RRP: Prices from $39.95 - $795.95 Available from: https://www.ohmygiddyaunt.com.au/ shop/shop-by-product/harmony-balls/gold-pendants
R Susanna Bracelet Featuring Natural Stone semiprecious beads combined with tiger eye beads and sparkly accessories. The Wrap-around bracelet looks elegant and comes with a single lotus flower accessory. Effortlessly stylish. Set of 4 bracelets. GBP50. See the complete range at https://www.xplandirect.com/sema-sjewellery-designs
Erstwilder x Gumnut Babies Nuttybub Necklace This Limited Edition Nuttybub Necklace celebrates 100 years of the Gumnut Babies in style and has been created from a combination of textured and solid resins with hand-painted details. RRP: $39.95 Available from the May Gibbs Official Online Store
Bandana Bibs Save Mums Clothing with these stylish, trendy and practical bandana bibs are super absorbent and soft to touch. Handmade in Australia using ecofriendly materials we have prints available for boys, girls and unisex. View the range at: https://www.mylittleloveheart.com.au/ product-category/bibs/
Erstwilder x Gumnut Babies Snugglepot Earrings. Inspired by and paying homage to the wonderful world and utterly delightful creations of May
Freez Clothing Freez is a Sydney based fashion company that aims to provide on-trend, fashion forward clothing for women at a reasonable price. See some of their great fashion pieces in our Review
Cinori Shoes Cinori Shoes offers a vast range of shoes online for women. From comfort shoes to boots, sandles and heels, there is a great variety of styles and
Gibbs, these classic Snugglepot drop earrings have been created from a combination of textured and solid resins with hand-painted details. RRP: $34.95 Available from the May Gibbs Official Online Store
R OtterBox Symmetry Series Phone Cases Featuring an ultra-slim profile, OtterBox Symmetry Series stays true to your phoneâ€™s sleek design. The stylish case keeps devices safe from bumps, drops, scratches and dings. RRP: $49.95. Find out more on the phone cases here: www.otterbox.com
brands available. Read the Review
Living Fundraisers Garden Starter Pack A set of 10 fun and educational growing kits from Living Fundraisers’ Herb, Veggie, Fruit and Flower ranges. RRP $60 Available from: www.livingfundraisers.com.au (available exclusively to fundraising groups)
Kate Spade, Large Candle: Island Island inspired candle in creamy coconut, white sand and orange flowers layer together in a soy and paraffin wax blend for a beachy spin to any living area. RRP: $89.95 Available from Mr and Mr Jones: www.MrandMrsJones.com.au
Assorted DC Comics Mugs Is your mum a Wonder Woman or Super Mum? Remind her how super she is with these DC Comics Mugs. With stylish detail, in a range of colours, these are the perfect everyday mug to spoil mum with this Mother’s Day Available at – Coles RRP- $5.00
Gifts For You Hamper Mum will love her hand crafted pottery mug combined with local and organic tea & coffee plus infuser. RRP:$99 Available from: www.byronbaygifts.com.au
DCUK Floral Welly Ducklings Our gorgeous welly ducklings come in a natural finish with 5 different coloured floral wellies -ensuring they are ready for the rain! Standing at approximately 19cm high, each hand-made duckling is crafted in a unique pose so that no two ducklings are the same. RRP $44.95ea Available from: www.jasnor.com.au
Pilot MR2 Fountain Pen, 'Leopard Blue' Available in a choice of fun animal print barrel designs, the MR2 Fountain Pen comes in a variety of colours to co-ordinate with mumâ€™s favourite handbag or purse. This stylish fountain pen can be engraved to add a beautiful personal touch. Refill with ink or via a disposable ink cartridge for ease of use. From Pilot Pen RRP $38.25. http://pilotpen.com.au
Gift Republic, Animal Mug, Cat, Purrrfect mug for cat lovers. Porcelain Cat Mug, feline shaped with ears at the rim and a tail handle and decorated with black whiskers and pink nose. RRP: $26.95. Available from Mr and Mr Jones: www.MrandMrsJones.com.au
DCUK Mummy Duckling With Pink Hat & Wellies Our gorgeous Mummy and Baby ducks come in a natural wood finish with pink floral wellies and a stunning matching rainhat, ensuring they are ready for the wet weather! Each hand-made piece is crafted in a unique pose so that no two ducks are the same. All pieces come with a randomly selected name tag, perfect for gift-giving. RRP $49.95 Available from: www.jasnor.com.au
Solar Tulip Stakes Let your garden glow with these beautifully crafted solar-powered glass Tulip Stakes. These vibrant flowers will add a colourful touch to the garden by day and an enchanting and mesmerising glow at night. Crackle glass ball lights up inside each tulip. RRP $49.95ea Available from: www.jasnor.com.au
Mind Body Sold This holistic guide to buying property like a pro – using your head, your heart and your smarts – will help you secure your family’s financial future! Readers can learn about MENTAL strategies, proven methods to finetune and achieve your goals along with 5 fundamental ways to create lasting wealth. Find out more about Mind Body Sold!, Elaine Davies and New Road Property: http://newroadproperty.com/
DCUK Baby Duck with Pink Hat & Wellies Our gorgeous Baby ducks come in a natural wood finish with pink floral wellies and a stunning matching rainhat, ensuring they are ready for the wet weather! Each handmade piece is crafted in a unique pose so that no two ducks are the same. All pieces come with a randomly selected name tag, perfect for gift-giving. RRP: $39.95 Available from: www.jasnor.com.au
Natura Siberica Revitalising Bath Salts Truly unwind this Motherâ€™s Day with the exquisite healing aroma of the Natura Siberica Revitalising Bath Salts. These bath salts will indulge your senses, destress and detoxify, and deeply nourish the skin thanks to Siberian Ginseng, Rhodiola Rosea, and Calendula Flower. Available from: Chemist Warehouse, and leading pharmacies and health food stores nationwide RRP: $11.99
The Rejuvenator Gift Hamper Rejuvenate the mind and body with this gift for Mum packed with local, organic and hand made options. RRP:$99 Available from: www.byronbaygifts.com.au
Pamper Hamper A pamper hamper to create a day spa at home and leave Mum feeling refreshed and relaxed. RRP:$119 Available from: www.byronbaygifts.com.au Oblepikha Siberica Active Revival Bath Foam Submerge into a velvetly bubble or relaxation with the Oblepikha Active Revival Bath Foam. Enriched with Arctic Cranberry Oil and Pine Nut Oil to nourish, tone, and regenerate skin, as well as Wild Mint to soothe and boost energy levels, you will be left feeling rejuvenated and refreshed. Available from: Chemist Warehouse, and leading pharmacies and health food stores nationwide RRP: $10.99
w R The Moroccan Ritual Skincare Essentials kit is comprised of the Pure Rhassoul Clay, Organic & Pure Rosewater and Organic Argan Kernel Oil. Cleanse, tone, hydrate your skin with the Moroccan beauty treasures. RRP:$59.95 Available from: www.biome.com.au Mother’s Day Gift Set Spoil mum with this gorgeous gift set. Written on the box is: "Mum, you're loved so much in every single way. Relax and put your feet up and have an easy day”. The Gift Set includes three gorgeous gifts for Mum, a sleepmask, mug and a pair of socks. RRP: $26.95 Available from: www.jasnor.com.au
Be prepared to take your weekly bath relaxation routine to the next level with Couchmate’s Relax-AMate: The Premium Bath Shelf. Made from natural bamboo and coated with varnish, the bath shelf is neutral to conform to a wide range of bathroom decor.
Read the Review
5 things to do with mum on mother’s day that won’t break the budget. We all love our Mum’s and want to make them feel special for Mother’s Day but there can be a lot of pressure to go overboard with gifts and fancy lunches. In reality most Mum’s value thoughtfulness and some much-needed relaxation time over gifts any day. We have pulled together our top ideas for how you can make your Mum feel special and valued without breaking the budget!
1. Cooking a beautiful brunch for Mum
is a great start to any Mother’s Day. Don’t just go with a simple option of toast or cereal, this is an opportunity to wow Mum with your thoughtfulness and effort. Plan your menu around seasonal produce, do a fruit platter with fresh yogurt, cook up some eggs and buy some good quality bread, whatever your Mum loves. Also think about presentation, get out the ‘good’ tea cups and crockery and set a lovely table with a tablecloth and fresh flowers. Mum will feel special if you have made an effort and have prepared a beautiful meal at home, and it will cost you a fraction of going out for an expensive brunch with just a bit of effort required.
2. Create a beautiful picnic experience.
Prepare some sandwiches, a cheese platter, a lovely dessert and of course a bottle of bubbles to make mum feel special. This is also perfect for those will small kids / grandkids, as let’s face it, getting kids to sit at a table in a café or a restaurant is a stretch at the best of times. It’s definitely less stressful to go with an outdoor option so the kids can run around but still engage with Mum or Grandma. Once again, comfort is key, take a comfortable seat for Mum and choose a lovely picturesque location under a tree.
3. If you have a Mum who loves being active, why not plan a bit of an adventure?
You could hire paddleboards or kayaks for an hour, followed by coffee and cake. Or go for a hike or a bushwalk if it’s a beautiful day. Fresh air is free, and Mum will be excited to have someone else make the plans, especially if she loves the outdoors.
4. Any busy Mum will tell you that time is a luxury, especially time out for herself.
Another idea is to put on a nice afternoon tea and then give mum time to go and do something for her. Buy her a ticket to a movie she wants to see, or give her a couple of hours to go and curl up with a book. Mother’s Day does not mean you have to spend the whole day together as a family, some Mum’s just want some time to relax and unwind on their own.
5. A beach day is another great option if you live along the coast.
Fish and chips and a walk along the beach is a relatively cheap option, and visiting the ocean has been scientifically proven to encourage relaxation and regeneration. Let's face it, all Mum’s can use more calm in their lives. Once again, have a bite to eat and then let Mum go for a quick dip or lay on the beach and read a book! Melanie Aslanidis is a media professional from Sydney. Married and with two boys aged 5 and 2, she is the founder of www.beachsidecollective.com where she curates beach related brands & and writes content around beach lifestyle and travel inspiration.
Great Recipes for Mum to enjoy Quick, easy Cider, Wine and Lime Chicken
Originally the sauce was made as a marinade, however we decided to cook the chicken in it and got beautiful, tender, delicious chicken that the children loved.
1 kg chicken breasts 3 Tablespoons apple cider 1 Tablespoon lime juice 1 teaspoon heaped wholegrain mustard ½ tsp minced garlic or 1 clove 1 sprig fresh Rosemary 1 shallot, diced Italian herbs salt and pepper 1/3 cup oil ½ cup white wine
1. Cut chicken breasts into thiner pieces by cutting off the smaller section at the bottom and cutting the thicker breast section into two pieces (around 1 cm high by 4 cm wide)– try to get the thickness across all chicken pieces consistent for better cooking time. Place into a storage container and season your chicken with the salt and pepper. 2. Create the marinade by adding all the remaining ingredients into a bowl and mixing together. Add this to the Chicken, coating well. 3. Place the marinaded chicken into the fridge for at least 1 hr – overnight if possible. 4. Put the chicken and marinade into a baking dish, cover with foil and bake at 180 degrees for 15 -20 minutes until cooked through. 5. Serve and enjoy!
Flavoursome Red Lentil Dahl Dahl is a quick and easy meal to make. A great vegetarian dish which you can add more vegetables to make it more substantial.
1-2 tbsp. Olive Oil 1 ½ cups dried red lentils 1 tbsp. ground cumin 1 tbsp. ground turmeric 1 tbsp. garam masala ½ tbsp. ground ginger 1 tbsp. ground coriander ½ tbsp. mild curry powder 1 onion, diced 4 garlic cloves, diced 4 cups vegetable stock 2 carrots, chopped 1-2 cups water Fresh Parsley and/or Coriander, chopped finely (optional)
1. Into a pot on medium heat, add oil, garlic, onion and spices. Cook stirring until onion softens. 2. Add lentils and carrots, stir, then add Vegetable stock and 1 cup of water. Bring to a simmer then reduce heat and leave to cook for 1 hour on low heat. 3. You can add the extra cup of water as you notice the lentils absorbing the stock and if you think they need it. 4. Add Parsley and/or Coriander just before serving. 5. Best served with Rice and Naan Bread.
Lorie’s Flapping Good Flapjacks or Yummy Pancakes
Although the instant pancake shaker mixers are so simple; when you have a load of hungry children Lorie’s Flapjack or Pancake recipe is quick and easy. Utilising few ingredients and with a recipe to feed and fulfil 4 -8 children, it only takes a few minutes to create and enjoy.
Ingredients 2 cups Self Raising Flour 2 eggs, lightly beaten 3 tsp vanilla essence 2 pinches of salt 1 1/2 cups milk 2 tsp sugar
1. Add Flour, Salt and Sugar to a bowl and mix together. 2. Add eggs, vanilla essence and milk, beating or whisking together well, making sure there are no pockets of flour that aren’t mixed in. 3. Get a spoonful of mixture and lift above bowl and slowly pour back into bowl to judge thickness. If needed add more milk slowly to get the desired consistency. 4. Heat a non-stick pan (medium hot) and brush lightly with oil. Add a dollop of the mixture and either leave it thicker for flapjacks or manoeuvre the mixture around pan around the pan to spread it more evenly and thinly. 5. Watch the pancake cook and once there are bubbles forming throughout the mixture, flip and cook the other side for 1-2 minutes. If the bubbles come yet the pancake is still too runny, turn down the heat. 6. Transfer cooked pancake to another plate and start the process again with the next pancake. 7. Serve and enjoy with Nutella, Jam, Cinnamon Sugar, Butter and more! This recipe is perfect for Flapjacks (the thicker smaller pancakes) however with additional milk you can thin the mixture to create a fantastic Pancake.
Easy Pasta with Basil, Tomatoes & Cottage Cheese This easy pasta dish was created because we were tired and needed a quick and easy dinner. The pasta with basil, tomatoes and cottage cheese was delicious and tasty. You can add/change ingredients to suit your family.
1 packet (500g) of Spaghetti 2Tbs Olive Oil 2 tomatoes diced ½ cup peas 1 tsp capers (optional) 1-3 cloves of garlic, diced Pinch Salt ¼ cup Basil Leaves chopped 60g butter 2-3 heaped Tablespoons Cottage Cheese
1. In a large pot, start boiling the water for the pasta. Once boiled add pasta and follow instructions. 2. In the meantime; in a large fry pan or Wok, add garlic, cook for 3 minutes. Add tomatoes and fry for 3-5 minutes until soft. 3. Add peas, garlic and capers, putting heat on low, until pasta cooked. 4. Add cooked pasta to wok with 1 ladle of the water from the pasta boil. Add basil. 5. Place butter and cottage cheese into the bowl and toss to mix and until cottage cheese par melted. 6. Serve then top with Parmesan.
One Bowl Wonder Banana Raspberry Muffins I love cooking One Bowl Wonder recipes and the combination of Banana and Raspberry works well. These Banana Raspberry Muffins offer a great way to make your next batch of muffins a little healthier. Prep Time: 10min Cook Time: 20min Serving: 12
2 cups plain flour 2 tsp baking powder ¾ cup CSR Caster Sugar ¾ cup milk ¼ cup vegetable oil 2 extra large eggs 1 tsp vanilla extract 1 ripe banana, mashed ½ cup fresh or frozen raspberries 2 tbsp shredded coconut
1. Place the flour, baking powder and sugar into a large mixing bowl and mix until well combined. 2. Form a well in the centre of dry ingredients and add the milk, oil, eggs and vanilla. Whisk liquids with a fork until combined. 3. Add banana and berries to bowl and using a large spoon, mix until just combined. 4. Spoon mixture between 12 x ⅓ cup capacity, lined muffin pans. Sprinkle with coconut and bake at 190°C for 20-22 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Substitute raspberries with blueberries or diced mango. Reduce flour to 1 ½ cups and add ½ cup desiccated coconut for a stronger coconut flavour. Add some chopped white chocolate to the mixture for a variation.
Find these recipes and many more on MumsDelivery
Brought to you by
Click ‘Follow publisher’ on Issuu to receive all our Gift Guides and Busy Mums Magazines
Find a range of Mother's Day Gift Ideas. All under $100 with loads of ideas to suit all mums, from homewares to fashionable accessories and...
Published on Apr 15, 2018
Find a range of Mother's Day Gift Ideas. All under $100 with loads of ideas to suit all mums, from homewares to fashionable accessories and...