Pietermaritzburg & Midlands | Nov 2013
30 000 Free Magazines | www.mumsmail.com
Where Will I Find...? 3 4 5 6 7-8 9 10 11 - 14 15
Editor’s Life Everyday Life LIV 52 Readers’ Life Healthy Life/Beautiful Life Tiny Life Educated Life Young Life/Party Life Busy Life
Photography is my only Passion
mum’s Editor: mail team
Alice Leah • email@example.com • 031 - 573 1731 (ext 5) Subeditor: Brenda Daniels • firstname.lastname@example.org • 073 269 6118 Enquiries: Daniella Fensome • 031 - 573 1731 (ext 1) Advertising Sales: Bev Delew • email@example.com • 031 - 573 1731 (ext 4) Roving Reporter: Tasha Jardim, 083 381 8483, firstname.lastname@example.org Designer: Shaun Dalziel Cover Photo Models: Njabulo & Luyanda Zuma Photographer: Natasha Brooks Photography, 082 630 2367, www.natashabrooks.com.
CARPET & UPHOLSTERY CLEANING Get your house clean before the Christmas rush! Pam 083 448 3520 Owner supervised
Thank you for all the support at our fashion show last month, it was great fun. See my website for holiday classes coming up.
Gr 0-12 Album from: R279 Annelet: 082 326 8723 email@example.com
031 - 714 4700
Gourmet Meals Milkshake Bar/Fast Foods Heat & Eat Meals Funky Menu Party/Corporate Platters Catering Children’s Party Planners
• Weddings • 21sts • Gift Packs • Corporate Gifts and more! Enquiries 083 381 8483 | firstname.lastname@example.org Shop 11, Jacaranda Centre, Hilton Avenue, Hilton Buy your fudge online: www.tashasfudge.co.za
033 - 387 7382 email@example.com 6 Manchester Rd, PMB
• SWAT LASER TAG • BIRTHDAY PARTIES • CORPORATE EVENTS • TEAM BUILDING • COMBAT TRAINING • GROUP EVENTS • BULLS/HENS’ PARTIES
• Best rates in the market • Prompt, safe, comfortable & efﬁcient service • Well equipped and latest vehicle • Courteous and well trained staff
Play at our venue or we can come to your venue.
079 561 5722
* Classes for students from 6 years to adults. * Holiday workshops for crafts and sewing. * Sewing machines supplied. 084 240 1992 firstname.lastname@example.org www.diannedstudio.co.za
Have you seen our fabulous new website? Visit www.mumsmail.com to upload your happy snaps, enter our competitions, advertise your 2nd hand baby goods for sale etc etc etc
Book in advance directly with us on 033 - 817 8670 or 073 200 0151 email@example.com
We are a leading airport shuttle service operating between Pietermaritzburg and King Shaka International Airport.
ERIKA WHITBY 082 749 0245 firstname.lastname@example.org www.erikawhitbyphotography.co.za
the Dianne D. Studio Sewing & Crafts
DISCLAIMER: Neither the Publisher, Printer or Editor can be held responsible for damages or consequences of any omissions or errors, as every care is taken to ensure the accuracy of the information in Mum’s Mail. We do not guarantee the performance or quality of service of any of the advertisers in this magazine. No part of Mum’s Mail magazine may be reproduced without the written consent of the Editor.
• Specialising in Portraits: Children & Families • Weddings • Classic Semi Nudes
In my 9 years at the helm of Mum’s Mail, I have been let down by so many website and software developers, that I have almost lost count. So much money down the drain, wasted on systems that aren’t eﬀective, don’t do what the developer promises it will do and simply don’t meet my requirements. So when I embarked on my latest quest to ﬁnd the best company to re-build the entire Mum’s Mail website, I was naturally hesitant when I was referred to Crystal Media. What would make THIS web developer true to their word? After meeting with Sacha and Julian (the fabulous core of the business), I felt more conﬁdent that they knew what they were doing and what I wanted, and yet the payment of my 50% deposit was done with much reservation – I had previously had a very well known Durbanbased website company run oﬀ with my rather substantial deposit, which took me four years of legal wrangling to recover. Dealing with Crystal Media has been an absolute pleasure. When Sacha said “You’ll have that on Monday”, I got what she promised on Monday. And although we went live slightly later than planned, it wasn’t because they were running late, it was because they weren’t happy that things were working 100% and they wanted to ensure that all was as perfect as possible. What other business is THAT concerned about YOUR business? I have the utmost respect for Crystal Media and advise anyone looking to revamp their website or looking for a brand new website to give them a call. Tell them I referred you too, so they know they’ll have to be on their toes! Contact them on 031 – 266 0000 or email@example.com.
GRADES 1 - 12
If you’ve not yet been to have a look at our revamped website, please visit www.mumsmail.com and let us know what you think. The best feedback (good or bad) will win a lovely hamper from Mum’s Mail.
Is your child struggling at school?
Our proven methodology boosts school results and self-conﬁdence • English • Afrikaans • Maths • Maths Lit • Science For empathetic tutoring by experienced teachers, call
033 - 386 8217
Scottsville, Pietermaritzburg www.tutorpmb.co.za
Maths. Reading. Success.
Give your child the edge. Kumon NEWHOLME Deena 072 511 8441 Kumon PMB CENTRAL Lulama 072 596 2767 Kumon Scottsville Gina 082 564 9537 Education You Can Count On
To advertise: 031- 573 1731
Everyday Life Khuhlekwethu Thirty six year old Anna Dlamini from the Midlands started working as a cleaner straight after matriculating. Anna could, however, be found after hours in the kitchen watching and assisting the chef of Woodridge Estate where she worked. After a few months Anna was promoted to the kitchen. She then enrolled herself at Westville College to study catering and, in 2001, was promoted to head chef at Woodridge Estate.
“NO X-RAY MAMMOGRAM!”
Last chance to book! Book a full body scan for R1500 & get a free breast scan valued at R970! (Valid Nov)
Marcelle 082 375 3805 • Kim 074 811 0666 firstname.lastname@example.org • email@example.com http://thermoscan.wozaonline.co.za Victoria Medical Centre , 157 Victoria Road, PMB
Two years later she got married and organised her own wedding from beginning to end. “I thought to myself: imagine if I could do this for a living?” says Anna. In 2009, Anna gave birth to her twins and stayed at home with them for eight months. During this time, Barbara Zietsman of Barbz Café and Deli offered her a head chef position. From the time Anna received her first pay cheque from Barbz Coffee Shop and Deli, she started to save towards her vision of co-ordinating weddings. Over the next two years Anna grew her business’ stock to 200 knives, forks and spoons, 150 plates, dessert bowls and side plates, 200 chair covers and tie backs and 30 organza overlays. Her business is now called “Khuhlekwethu”, a Zulu word meaning “make it beautiful”. “Thanks to patience, hard work and the support of my mentor, Barbz, my dream is coming true. I would love to grow the business to the point where I am co-ordinating a wedding every Saturday,” concludes Anna. Contact: Barbz Café & Deli, 033 – 266 6773. WIN WIN WIN Mum’s Mail has 1 x R350 voucher for Barbz Café & Deli to give away. Visit www.mumsmail.com to enter. www.mumsmail.com
Liv 52 Liv 52 Syrup If you have kids, appetite loss is a constant worry. Children sometimes don’t want to eat no matter what, and there are those who only wish to eat their favourite foods. And it’s a problem when children don’t eat nutritious food. A lack of appetite results in weight loss and lack of energy which is alarming for parents. This behaviour could lead to eating disorders or may be an indication of underlying illness. Too much pressure, stress or distractions are other reasons for appetite loss in children. Ensure you are not putting too much pressure on them to eat and do not force feed them as this can lead to severe eating disorders such as anorexia or bulimia. The best thing you can do is to start feeding your child healthy foods at an early age. That way, they will get used to eating and enjoying healthy alternatives and won’t crave junk foods as they get older. A quick solution to appetite loss is Himalaya Health Care’s Liv 52 Syrup that corrects the lack of appetite in the right manner. Liv 52 Syrup improves appetite, digestion and assimilation in children with poor appetite. In the majority of cases lack of appetite or anorexia is due to loss of basic rhythm of appetite and satiety. Liv 52 acts to correct this basic defect rather than stimulating or supressing the appetite centre. Liv 52 contains no alcohol or sedatives. Directions for use: • 3 to 5 years: 5ml three times daily before meals. • 5 to 12yrs: 7,5ml to 10ml three times daily before meals. Available at all independent pharmacies and health shops. Source: Pharmed Pharmaceuticals, 031 – 571 2800.
To advertise: 031- 573 1731
Readers’ Life What I Love About Mum’s Mail • I love all the information to help with my little family! I love being able to check local advertisers and about various things happening. Trish. • I love the colours of the Mum’s Mail magazine – always so bright and happy and the magazine itself is packed with information. Tanya. • I love the fact that Mum’s Mail always has information that is relevant and interesting, targets parenting issues that often mums and parents are too scared to discuss and has the most wonderful competitions, articles and advertising that always come in handy. A mom’s “little helper”. Thank you Mum’s Mail for this exciting little magazine. Gemma Fairman. • I just love the competitions, the fantastic information about what to do and where to go, the great advice, brutal honesty from ladies about products and services, and for the user friendly and pleasurable website! Michelle Sassen. • Even though I am not a mum to human children, but borrow them every morning, Monday to Friday and return them to their homes in the evenings, I would not be able to organise my life without Mum’s Mail. You see I own a daycare centre with 250 children and regularly edu-tain my children so I reach for Mum’s Mail to book and plan my schedule. Your child-focused magazine is great and so informative that I am kept abreast of all events constantly and consistently. I love your cool website, splashed with colour, which is so user friendly. Rachal Singh. • Mum’s Mail is a wonderful magazine that introduces busy individuals to local small service providers! Quanta Kiran. Send your lettersto firstname.lastname@example.org. The Editor reserves the right to shorten letters.
FUN, EDucational holiday programMe book now! Arts & Crafts Week: 9 - 12th December - R50 per child per day Daily Programme Runs: 9am - 12pm
13th December - Night At The Museum
Come and join us for a fun sleep-over packed with activities! Starts at 6pm • Ages: 6 - 13 years • Excellent security • Cost R120
Our trained staff will look after & entertain your little ones!
Booking essential! Contact Viranna Frank 033 - 341 0556 • email@example.com •www.nmsa.org.za
Healthy Life/Beautiful Life Shobana Singh PR. NO: 0203750
Speech Therapist ADULTS & CHILDREN Special interests • Reading & Spelling • Stroke Rehabilitation • Paediatric &
Are you or your child not coping? • Psycho Educational Assessments • Art/Play Therapy • Adolescent Therapy/ Assessments • Adult Individual Therapy • Couple Counselling • Family Counselling • Trauma Counselling
Claire Hartshorne Psychologist
Suite 104, St Anne’s Hospital Tel: 033 - 342 4701 Cell: 072 399 4189 firstname.lastname@example.org
Cell: 084 240 9610 Tel: 033 - 345 2041
Practice No. 0059978
Dr Fayeda Mahomed MBBCH (Wits) FC Psych (SA) Practice No: 0220000229850
SPECIALIST PSYCHIATRIST Medi Clinic, 033 – 342 8209 90 Payn Street, 033 – 342 7229 Block 3, 1st Floor, 033 – 342 8256 Suite B, Pietermaritzburg email@example.com
Laser Lipo • Sauna Blanket • Slimming Wrap 033 - 343 4878 • Suite 9, Hilton Quarry Centre 082 563 0586 • www.renuslimming.co.za
IN JUST 60 MINS
Long lasting results GUARANTEED. Non-surgical slimming treatments. Affordable! Come in for a FREE CONSULTATION. Treatments suitable for men and women. Target stubborn fat with LASER LIPO ‘iLipo’ Tone and firm with SLIMMING WRAPS Viable exercise alternative, burn up to 600 calories per session with the SAUNA BLANKET
To advertise: 031- 573 1731
Healthy Life/Beautiful Life Could You Have Co-dependent Traits? Co-dependency has been explained as a disease of relationships or an issue of distorted boundaries. In the past co-dependency has been studied in relation to alcoholics, drug addicts and their families. However, researchers have revealed that the characteristics of co-dependents are much more prevalent in the general population than previously thought. Co-dependency occurs when two psychologically dependent people form a relationship with one another. Each person supplies half of what is needed to create an independent person. As a result, neither person is able to act or feel independently. Characteristics of people with co-dependency issues: • They are “addicted” to the relationship (like alcohol or drugs) and believe they cannot function independently without their partner. • They cannot define their own psychological boundaries – i.e. they don’t know where they end and others begin. Therefore they rescue others and take on their problems as if they were their own. • They are people-pleasers desperate to make a good impression on others. • They don’t trust their own ideas, perceptions, feelings or beliefs. Therefore they defer to others and don’t stand up for their own opinions. • They play the “martyr” in that they learn to suffer gallantly. • They are skilled at controlling others. • Co-dependents are out of touch with their true feelings. • They are fearful, rigid, judgemental and often angry and resentful. Submitted By: Tamryn Sprunt (Counselling Psychologist), 073 632 7269. Source: “Breaking the Co-dependency Trap” By Drs B. and J. Weinhold (2008), New World Library.
Tamryn Sprunt Counselling Psychologist M.Soc.Sc (Natal) PS 086 00 081911 • PR 086 002 0197394 Special interests in: • Post-natal depression and adjusting to being a new mother • Anxiety and depression in women and relationship issues 073 632 7269 firstname.lastname@example.org Rooms: 317 Bulwer Rd, Pietermaritzburg
Managing a family, a home, finances and relationships can become overwhelming. Seeing a psychologist can help to manage these issues both emotionally and practically. I see patients of all ages.
HPCSA: PS0116831 Pr. No.: 0860010482285
Some of the issues I deal with include: • Worries about children
Unsure whether your problem is big enough to see a (emotional, intellectual, behavioural) psychologist? Contact me or visit my website. • Depression, anxiety and stress 083 290 3069 • Marital or relationship difficulties 27 Kirchener Road, Clarendon, Pietermaritzburg • Family transitions email@example.com • www.cindycoleman.co.za
Tiny Life How to Help in PMB
NATASHA BROOKS PHOTOGRAPHY
• The HS Ebrahim School was established in 1977 and meets a critical need for education, training and life skilling of young people with mental disabilities and other challenges ranging from epilepsy to cerebral palsy and autism. Most learners come from impoverished families that rely heavily on social grants. The school educates 226 learners of which 66 live in the hostel on the premises. In their attempt to make the school more accessible transport is provided. The learners also enjoy a hearty meal daily. The school has made great strides in the past few years to reﬂect the hard work, dedication and commitment of all members and staﬀ. The school is grateful to the Community Chest for their support and vision to empower and change disabilities into positive abilities. Contact the Community Chest, firstname.lastname@example.org, 033 – 394 1031, for more information.
Specialising in child and family available light portraiture www.natashabrooks.com email@example.com | 082 630 2367
• Stimulates all the senses and promotes learning • Develops perceptual motor skills • Unique range of climbing and clambering equipment 2 Months • Original Clamber to Club action songs and 3 Years exciting props • Gives parents great stimulation ideas Mother and Baby and Toddler for home Weekly Stimulation Classes Babies: Hillcrest: 084 577 7630 Toddlers: Ballito: 076 222 2946 • Kloof: 083 259 2746 • Pietermaritzburg: 083 445 1441 headofﬁce@clamberclub.com • www.clamberclub.com
• Monday 9 September marked the end of yet another successful Swaziland International Trade Fair. SWIFT, which stands for Swaziland Fair Trade managed to scoop the ﬁrst position under the NGOs defeating more than 10 handcraft stands. Some of these stands were displaying handmade pieces from Botswana and as far as Tanzania. SWIFT is made up of a number of organisations which are mainly handcraft orientated and they are dominated or run by industrious women. SWIFT was started to empower women in the handcraft sector by assembling them for workshops and other activities. Products included paper dresses, grass dresses, homeware, jewellery, accessories, carvings and so much more by Quazi Design and all the many members of SWIFT. Contact Quazi Design, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.quazidesign.com.
To advertise: 031- 573 1731
Educated Life Autism: Hope, Support, Answers TRIAD Therapy Centre (41 Carey Road, Pelham, Pietermaritzburg), was opened on 16 January 2013. The school cares for eight precious children all whom have Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and the four teachers at the school follow an “Applied Behaviour Analysis” programme. TRIAD does not dwell on the negative stereotypes associated with Autism but celebrate each child as an individual and frame their habits in a positive way. For example, children with ASD: Can’t help but ALWAYS tell the truth; Are not conﬁned by social norms so are ALWAYS true to themselves; Are very tidy, meticulous and well-organised which mean no untidy rooms or dirty, sticky ﬁngers on mom’s walls and furniture; Have the most amazing photographic memory which means nothing ever gets lost; Are fascinated by small things and they love repetition, so are easily entertained and don’t get bored easily. THE AUDIBLOX PROGRAMME
HELPS TO: Despite this positive outlook, TRIAD ac• Increase intelligence 2014 enrolments open knowledges that Autism is a disorder. Free Range Children • Sharpen attention & Red ﬂags, or things to look out for when This farm-style nursery concentration • Develop accurate diagnosing, TRIAD says, include: No bab- school in Winterskloof, Hilton recognises & perception bling by 11 months of age; No simple prioritises: • Improve long & gestures by 12 months; No single words • Early childhood development short term memory (18 months to 4 years) • Promote logical thought by 16 months; No two-word phrases by • Nature & the environment in a • Improve reading secure homestead 24 months; No response when name is • Build self-esteem • Professional feedback to parents & self-confidence called; Rarely makes eye contact when Jill Bailey - SACE registered Anne email@example.com interacting with people; Do not play 033 - 386 3040 peek-a-boo; Rarely smile socially; More 033 - 343 1093 • 082 212 5256 interested in looking at objects than at 5 Ways To Change Your Child’s Life! people’s faces; Seem to be in their own (and your own) world; Odd or repetitive ways of moving With our revolutionary programme in 6-10 weeks, you can: ﬁngers or hands; Oversensitive to certain 1. Improve reading and comprehension textures, sounds or lights; Lack of interest 2. Improve marks in toys, or play with them in an unusual 3. Increase self-confidence way (e.g. lining up, spinning, opening and 4. Benefit from one-on-one tuition by qualified teachers closing parts rather than using the toy as 5. Guarantee results a whole); Compulsions or ritual. We Serve:
For more info contact: Triad, Desray 033 – 818 9715 or Paola Reggiani 082 306 2978.
• Hilton • Scottsville • Mountain Rise
Read and learn better, faster and more effectively! From Grade 1 to Adults. 033 - 343 3226 • firstname.lastname@example.org • www.wiseeye.co.za
Young Life/Party Life Jiggle-Wiggle Bouncers
Smartie Party Planners
Jiggle Wiggle Bouncers is a family run business that has been supplying jumping castles and waterslides within the KwaZuluNatal area since 2007. They have earned a sound reputation for their reliable service and high standard of rental equipment. Jiggle Wiggle oﬀers a delivery service within the Midlands area that’s second to none. Their delivery team will position and inﬂate your jumping castle or slide, and on collection pack up and remove it, ensuring you a hassle-free rental. They even supply the extension cords. All jumping castles and waterslides are cleaned thoroughly after every rental and then carefully inspected to ensure that the equipment you rent is in tiptop condition. Give Jiggle Wiggle Bouncers a try – they are conﬁdent that your experience with them will be a memorable one.
Co-curricular or extra-mural course at your school, on a weekly basis by a trained Ms Manners. Create children prepared for the future with good manners & social skills, an attitude of willingness to please, respect, awareness of choice of behaviour, acceptance of consequences, empathy, consideration of the feelings of others, conscience and conﬁdence. Private and holiday classes also offered
Kaamani 073 222 8473 email@example.com www.manners4minors.com
We specialise in kiddies’ themed parties, jumping castles, face painting, cakes and lots more...
Samantha 074 764 3342 Sue 084 395 0379 BBM: 2A4FCE88
Design ‘n Party Specialising in Face Painting
For all ages & abilities • Heated pools • Showers/change rooms • Enclosed parking • Gym equipment • Tuck shop • Safe, park-like surroundings ODETTE 082 466 8577
Jiggle Wiggle’s jumping castles are unique; there are no others like this in South Africa. Your children are assured of having the best time ever. Try out the Jiggly Jumper, the Jump-a-Saurus, the Slippy Dippy, Surfs Up, or the Tunnel Tumbler. Run, glide, tumble, jump, climb, bounce, crawl, wriggle or leap your way to fun on these exciting, diﬀerent jumping castles!
KIDS’ OUTDOOR PLAYHOUSES & BRAND NEW KIDS’ BEDROOM FURNITURE RANGE
Jumping Castles Party Packs Themed Parties
Contact Megan on 072 938 2009 www.designparty.co.za firstname.lastname@example.org
Rice Paper Cakes, 2D/3D Cakes, Cupcakes, Face Painting, Mascot Entertainment, Clowns, Party Packs, Jumping Castles, Balloon Décor, Gazebos and Much Much More...
Tees & Tats For personalised t-shirts, babygrows, mugs, puzzles, teddies & more...
Contact: Ashleigh Robertson, email@example.com.
Shop 7, The Alley, Fallsview Rd, Howick 033 - 330 3039 • 071 537 9526, firstname.lastname@example.org
To advertise: 031- 573 1731
Young Life/Party Life SWAT Laser Tag Games SWAT Laser Tag Games is a make-believe combat game that can be enjoyed by boys and girls, from the age of six upwards. Unlike Paintball the Laser Tag Gun projects a harmless infrared beam – much like your television remote, so no pain and bruises! Once you get used to the equipment you will ﬁnd the laser tag guns deadly accurate and be amazed at the eﬀective range of the laser taggers. Unlimited ammunition and lives are included in the rate, so there’s no sitting around watching your friends play after an early elimination. There is a progression to more challenging laser tag missions after the ﬁrst few rounds though, so the quicker you aim better, the higher your chances of survival! The nature of the SWAT Laser Tag product is so safe and easy to play that no uncomfortable, restrictive protective gear is needed.
SCHOOL & BABY ALBUMS • Practical & colourful with professional design • Space for photos, notes, certificates etc • Have your child’s name printed on the cover • My First Years’ Album: from pregnancy to toddler • My School Years’ Album: from preschool to matric
CONTACT: Marcia, email@example.com or 083 790 2164
Learn to swim the fun way Kids from 2 years +
No registration fees Qualiﬁed SSA LTS Instructor
Alice Leah, Editor of Mum’s Mail, said: “Planning my son’s birthday party has become somewhat predictable. For the last few years all he ever wants to do is paintball or laser tag. This year Ethan laid down the law – NO GIRLS! He was worried that they would get hurt. I must admit, I think I would also be a little nervous with all that testosterone in the trees. Despite atrocious weather conditions the kids had a blast at the arena behind the Pick n Pay Hyper in Durban North. I would highly recommend laser tag for girls and boys and paintball for the boys.” For an out-of-the-box event for that special occasion contact the experienced SWAT Laser Tag team; they run Mobile Units all across the Western Cape and KZN countryside. Contact: Roan, 076 444 5570 (Durban). Contact: Bryan, 079 561 5722 (PMB). www.mumsmail.com
Private, one-on-one lessons Heated pool
Lyall 083 646 6503 firstname.lastname@example.org
Young Life/Party Life Candy Floss, Slush Puppies, Popcorn, Lucky Packets and Jumping Castles • Kids’ party décor • Party furniture • Jumping castles • Cakes & cupcakes • Party packs • Paper plates, cups & serviettes Nozie 082 831 6844 email@example.com www.izonparteez.wozaonline.co.za
Pietermaritzburg Gymnastics Academy
HOLIDAY CAMP DATES 11, 12 & 13 December
Gymnastics improves posture, co-ordination, stamina, flexibility and discipline of mind & body.
Candy ﬂoss made for: • School Market Days • Fundraising • Birthday Parties • Corporate Events • Flea Markets • Fêtes • Community & Social Functions FREE DELIVERIES
• Boys & Girls • Age 3 & up • Fun filled programmes
076 913 7855 or 084 607 4593
Contact Sherri on 083 547 5981
Book your next party with us • Mini Pamper Facial • Chocolate Manicure and Hand Massage • Funky Bright Hand & Toe Nail Paint • Trendy Colour Streaks in their Hair • Beauty Goodie Bag to Take Away Pamper Party (Duration 2 hrs) Minimum Bookings of 10
CALL JET THERAPY To Book Your Pamper Party 033 - 394 8741/033 - 345 3395 www.jet-therapy.co.za
033 - 344 3903
Book Your Child’s Next Birthday Party With Us! Natasha 084 255 1142 firstname.lastname@example.org www.supakids.co.za Leaders In The Kids’ Party Industry! PMB & Upper Highway
• Plain & various themed tables • Chairs for little ones • Stools for 8 years & older • Chair & stool covers • Personalised banners • Customised piñatas & centre-pieces on request
SWIMMING LESSONS Enjoy time with your little one in our baby swim classes or enrol your toddler in lessons.
• Heated pool • Qualified learn to swim & baby instructor • All ages & abilities Contact Chantelle 082 213 8076 email@example.com
Visit our showroom
We welcome children with the following:
YOUR DONATION WILL HELP US KEEP CHILDREN SAFE AND OUT OF HOSPITAL Contact the Children’s Hospital Trust at firstname.lastname@example.org to participate and order Plaster Day stickers for your school or company. For more information visit www.childrenshospitaltrust.org.za, call 021 686 7860 or follow us on www.facebook.com/childrenshospitaltrust www.twitter.com/CHTrust1
using the tried and trusted Brain Train teaching methods
2 Quarry Road, Hilton 033 - 343 4086 email@example.com
To advertise: 031- 573 1731
Young Life/Party Life Wood Creations is now...
SPECIAL R4999 incl. VAT
All CCA Treated Poles & Timber Includes: • Platform & Roof • Step Ladder • Slide • Cargo Net • Double Swing Set • Installation • Many add-ons available 55 Henwood Road, Pinetown 0861 11 55 37 Share-call • 031 - 705 4209 www.playgroundworld.co.za
Terms & Conditions Apply
THE ONE STOP PARTY Jumping Castles & Children’s Party Planner
Specialising in Kidz Themed Parteez! We provide: Themed Party Table & Chairs, Tableware & Décor, Jumping Castles, Popcorn & Candy Floss Machines, Cakes, Sand Art, Face Painting, Bambino Toddlers’ Set, Themed Fur Costumes (Spiderman, Hello Kitty, Barney, Minnie Mouse & Winnie the Pooh), Themed Adult Table and Chairs, Photography & So Much More...
COOL SUMMER PARTIES
Visit our party showroom for your next party!
Anthea on 082 302 5835 firstname.lastname@example.org • www.hoppersandbugs.co.za www.mumsmail.com
Busy Life ARTS & CULTURE
• ART JOURNALING Weekday mornings Hilton 033 – 343 3838, 082 758 4652 Rose
• KINGDOM BUSINESS NETWORKING BREAKFAST Monthly, 8.30am The Coﬀeeberry, Cascades Mall Belinda email@example.com • WOMEN IN BUSINESS MONTHLY MEETINGS 13 Nov, 8am – 10am Ascot Conference Centre secretary@womeninbusiness. org.za R95 (members) R120 (nonmembers)
• GROWING PARKS (Jumping Castle. All funds go to the upkeep of the park) Every Sat & Sun, 9.30am–4.30pm Chase Valley Rd Park firstname.lastname@example.org FREE • MSUNDUZI HOSPICE FESTIVE FAIR 2 Nov, 8am-4pm 200 Zwartkop Rd, Prestbury 033 – 344 1560 Rashida • THANDI HOUSE CHARITY NIGHT 9 Nov, 7pm Council House, Royal Show Grounds 061 429 1130 www.assist. za.org /thandihouse Alison Bentley R250 p.p. • PLASTER DAY (Wear Civvies to support Red Cross War Memorial Children’s Hospital) 29 Nov 021 – 686 7860 www.childrenshospitaltrust. org.za
• JUST BOUTIQUE (Health, Beauty, Craft & Food Workshops) Monthly, various dates Athlone 033 – 342 4984, 084 587 0880 www.justboutique.net Lara Edmonds email@example.com • 3D BUSINESS CONSULTING SMALL BUSINESS WORKSHOP No date 8.30am–11.30am Montrose 033 – 347 1702 Belinda firstname.lastname@example.org, Cost: R300 p.p. • BELLY DANCE LESSONS FOR BEGINNERS Various dates Belly Chique Belly Dance Studio, PMB 082 485 3908 Vanessa • LEARN ALL ABOUT HERBS WITH HILTON’S HERBOLOGIST Monthly
Hilton 082 808 1519 Diane Aldworth email@example.com • PERSONALISED MAKE-UP LESSONS & LADIES’ WORKSHOPS By arrangement 079 541 2551 Jacqui firstname.lastname@example.org • POSTNATAL CLASSES FOR MOMS & BABIES (0–6 MONTHS) Wed, 10am – 12pm St Anne’s Hospital, Stork’s Nest 033 – 897 5309 Sr Kate Paine email@example.com • LIFE COACHING EXCLUSIVELY FOR WOMEN Fri, 8am – 10am, weekly/biweekly Vlei Rd, Hilton Cherri firstname.lastname@example.org • PERSONAL FINANCIAL INTELLIGENCE WORKSHOP Early evenings/Sat mornings, 1½ hours Montrose 033 – 347 1702 Belinda email@example.com Cost: R150 p.p. • WORLD-CLASS ORGANISATIONAL DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOP OFFERED TO NGOs 6-7 Nov Bill firstname.lastname@example.org • USUI REIKI (Learn to heal yourself, others & animals) 9 Nov Gaia Centre 072 971 8450 www.gaiacentre.co.za Hayley Rautenback email@example.com R900
• BOOKS2YOU BOOK FAIRS Various dates & times Schools in PMB, Weenen & Greytown 031 – 705 7744 Kathy firstname.lastname@example.org • CRICKET SCHOOL OF EXCELLENCE (Holiday clinics, private & group coaching, birthday parties) Various dates & times PMB 083 964 9460 www.cricketschool.co.za Graeme
• AARON MCILROY AT YOUR SERVICE (For year-end celebrations, oﬃce parties, product launches, anniversaries etc.) By arrangement 078 804 4295 MacBob Productions macbobproductions@gmail. com • CORNER POST DAILY SPECIALS (Weekday lunch, Tues Night, Wed Night, Sun lunch, Pensioner tea/coﬀee) Daily Howick 033 – 330 7636
www.cornerpost.co.za • TRIBUTE TO EDITH PIAFF 17 or 24 Nov (tbc) Rhumbelow Theatre, Allan Wilson Shellhole, Durban Rd, PMB 0861 915 8000 (Computicket) Roland email@example.com • WHAT WOMEN NEED LADIES’ EVENT & BEAUTY FAIR 30 Nov, 12.30pm-5pm August Golf Estate, Hillcrest 083 609 2713 Madelyn Nell firstname.lastname@example.org
• NATURE WALKS Various days & times Hilton, various venues 072 620 2853 www.hiltonvillage.co.za email@example.com • MINIATURE LIVE STEAM TRAINS 1st Sun monthly, 10am – 4pm 78 Rudling Rd, Bisley 082 557 2119 Andries Keyser, PMB Model Engineering Society R6 • PLAY DAYS (Big indoor playground) Daily 9am – 5pm Tues – Sun (closed Mon) Camps Drift Park 073 672 6122 Kate R35 per child • PONIES FOR PARTIES (Pony rides for birthday parties, bazaars, fundraisers) By arrangement Ashburton or at your venue 083 460 7643 Gael Whiteley firstname.lastname@example.org • HILTON HARRIERS RUN Thurs, 5.30pm Old Main Brewery, Hilton 083 301 4048 • HILTON HARRIERS RUN Last Thurs monthly Opposite Hilton Hotel, Hilton 083 301 4048. • TANGLEWOOD NURSERY FUCHSIA WEEK 1-10 Nov, 9am – 4pm Tanglewood Nursery, Hilton • ESTON TALA TRAIL RUN 2 Nov, 6.30am Eston Farmers’ Club www.roag.co.za • STIHL OPEN GARDENS 2-3, 9-10, 16-17, 23-24 Nov Various locations 082 445 2577 Gail email@example.com • INCHANGA CHOO CHOO STEAM TRAIN 24 Nov, 8.30am & 12.30pm Kloof to Inchanga Station Craft Market (return). 082 353 6003 www.umgenisteamrailway. co.za
• HAMPSTEAD MARKET (Handmade goods) Last Sat monthly, 9am-2pm Hamptstead Farm, Bishopstowe 076 676 0760 Tracey van der Walt
firstname.lastname@example.org • SPCA MORNING MARKETS 1st & last Sat monthly, 8am – 12pm 235 Woodhouse Rd 033 – 386 9267 • EVENING MARKET 1st Fri monthly, 3pm – 6pm Sue Tarr’s & La Popote, Dennis Shepstone Drive, Hilton 033 – 343 1448 • HOUSE OF HEART EMPORIUM MONTHLY MARKET Last Sat monthly, 9am – 2pm Dunrobin Garden Centre, 31 Warwick Rd, PMB 076 788 2052 Nada • INCHANGA CRAFT MARKET Last Sun monthly, 9am – 3pm Inchanga Station & Railway Museum 076 564 6357 email@example.com • KARKLOOF FARMERS’ MARKET Sat, 7am – 11am 2.6km outside Howick on Karkloof Rd (access on D507) 082 820 8986 Andrea • MOUNTAIN VIEW CRAFT MARKET Sat, Sun & Public Holidays 10am – 4pm, Mountain View 033 – 390 6311 Lee-Ann firstname.lastname@example.org • PMB FARMERS’ MARKET Sat, 6am Alexandra Park 082 886 0687 • DARGLE LOCAL MARKET 3 Nov, 9am-12pm Dargle 083 473 3074 Nikki Brighton
• DESIGN A CUPCAKE PARTY By arrangement 079 517 2220 Yola email@example.com • FREE RABIES CLINIC Wed, 1pm – 2pm Umgeni Vet, Hilton 033 – 343 4316 • HEALTH, BEAUTY & FITNESS FAIR 2 Nov, 9am-3pm Lynwood Club, PMB 082 645 6489 Janine firstname.lastname@example.org • BAYNESFIELD ESTATE CHRISTMAS COUNTRY FAIR 8 Dec, 10am Baynesﬁeld Estate, PMB 033 – 251 0042 info@baynesﬁeld.co.za Send your Dec 2013/Jan 2014 Diary Dates to email@example.com with “PMB Diary” in the subject line before 10 November. Entries will be published space permitting & at the Editor’s discretion. Please conﬁrm all details of events with contact person. e. & o.e.
To advertise: 031- 573 1731
Dr Nadia Khan
MBChB, FC Paed SA Practice Number 0482676
Paediatrician BASSWOOD SHUTTERS
WOOD LAMINATE FLOORING
WOODEN VENETIAN BLINDS
CURTAIN RODS & TRACKS
At all Hirsch’s Homestores • UMHLANGA/GATEWAY 031 - 566 7002• BALLITO 032 - 946 2922 • HILLCREST 031 - 765 5854 • SPRINGFIELD 031 - 263 2346 • PIETERMARITZBURG 033 - 342 5902 Bring in this advert to qualify for a 10% discount on any of our products listed above. Offer valid until 30 Nov 2013.
031 - 768 8234 firstname.lastname@example.org Suite 18, Hillcrest Private Hospital, 471 Kassier Road, Assagay
eni Steam Railway
“WESLEY” SAR CLASS 19D 2685 - IN SERVICE
Water Heating Specialists
THE INCHANGA CHOO CHOO
SWIMMING POOL HEATING 4 Solar panels installed from R4999 ECO heatpumps 4kW - 100kW from R9999 installed GEYSER WATER HEATING Solar panel, PV and pump installed R7999 200L mono block integrated heatpump installed R17999
SUNDAY 24 NOVEMBER Dep KLOOF STATION: 8:30am & 12:30pm TO INCHANGA STATION CRAFT MARKET (All Return Trips) ADULT R 170 • PENSIONER R 130 CHILD R 130 AT INCHANGA STATION: CRAFT MARKET, MUSEUM, FOOD TO SUIT MOST TASTES & PICNIC AREA
ONLINE BOOKING www.umgenisteamrailway.co.za or phone 082 353 6003
Dominic - 082 800 3215 Glen - 082 800 6591 Fred - 071 602 1523 www.hitemp.co.za 032 947 1802
Mum’s Mail · 031- 573 1731 · email@example.com · www.mumsmail.com
Published on Oct 25, 2013
Established in 2003, Mum's Mail has become one of the most indispensable resources for parents, grandparents, teachers, business owners and...