P.O. Box 1002 Millersville, PA 17551-0302 www.millersville.edu
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Office of Visual and Performing Arts Ware Center | Winter Center 42 N. Prince Street, Lancaster, PA 17603 717-871-7018 | artsmu.com
1. How do I go about renting space within the Ware Center or Winter Center? If you are interested in renting space, please review our spaces, rental policies, and the rate sheets posted on our website. Then, complete a rental inquiry form on our website telling us about your event. We will then review your inquiry to our calendar and determine if it could be added. No matter our determination, you will receive correspondence from us. If your event can be added to our schedule, your event will be placed “on hold” on our master schedule. At this time, we will request a meeting to learn more about your event needs to prepare an estimated quote for you. If you agree, we will send you a contract to sign. A deposit may be required. Upon having a signed agreement, your event will be added to our website (if tickets are open to the public). You will be contacted by our Production Coordinator to finalize event preparation and scheduling. After the event, you will receive the final invoice. 2.
Is event insurance required? Yes, this is a requirement. Some clients have provided this insurance through their insurance agent and others have chosen to use online services like, www.eventhelper.com. Here is the insurance coverage needed:
Client shall provide a copy of its certificate of insurance naming Millersville University as additionally insured, for comprehensive general liability insurance covering property damage liability and bodily injury in amount of no less than Two Hundred Fifty Thousand Dollars ($250,000.00) per person and One Million Dollars ($1,000,000.00) per incident. In certain circumstances, a Special Event Coverage policy may be accepted. The certificate shall provide that the insurance carrier will give advance notice to THE UNIVERSITY of any termination, cancellation or discontinuance or modification in coverage of the insurance. The insurance policy must be received by Millersville University at least ten days in advance of the event date. Failure to provide the insurance policy may result in the event being cancelled.
3. Do you offer nonprofits at discount on facility rental? Yes, registered 501c3 non-profit organizations and higher educational institutions are offered a 30% discount on facility rental, however this discount does not apply to out of pocket expenses and other charges.
4. If my event requires ticket sales, how is this handled? Tickets cannot be sold until there is a signed agreement in place. All ticket sales will be managed through Student Services, Inc. (SSI), the sole box office agent, at your cost. Working with SSI, you set the ticket prices. There is a $20/event set up charge for Student Services, $0.07 per ticket printed and a $1 per ticket administrative fee deducted from the ticket sales. A final check will be issued by SSI at the conclusion of the event. Student Services can be reached at (717) 871-5522 to make arrangements for ticketing. Tickets will then be available for purchasing online at ArtsMU.com, on campus in the Student Memorial Center ticket office, in the main lobby of The Ware Center, or by calling the Ticket Office at (717) 871-7600. Campus box office hours are Monday – Friday 9 am – 4:30 pm and Ware Center box office hours are Monday – Friday 8 am - 4:30 pm and Saturday 10 am – 2:30 pm.
5. What caterers may I use for my event? Please refer to list of authorized caterers. These are caterers who have a signed agreement with us on record. We also require the authorized caterers to provide us a Certificate of Liability Insurance with the University named additionally insured. Food service cannot be provided by any other catering service provider, unless otherwise approved by the Director. The only exception to this is for specialty cakes and/or other edible specialty items.
6. What is your alcohol policy? You are responsible for buying & delivering alcohol to the Ware Center. The Ware Center cannot provide any alcohol for your event. We schedule University bartenders based on your attendance and an hourly fee of $25/bartender/hour is charged to you. One hour prior to the bar service for set up is required along with one hour after bar service ends for cleanup. Bartenders are permitted to