LET US HELP YOU
MAKE YOUR MISSOURI STATEMENT. Missouri State University has been offering degree completion and graduate programs in West Plains since 1998. Whether you are a new or transfer student, we can help you achieve your educational goals at Missouri State!
At our West Plains office you may: • Take advantage of our office hours MondayFriday, 8am-5pm in Gohn Hall, room #101. • Receive assistance with advisement, registration and financial aid. • Plot your course for a smooth, worry-free transition from MSU-WP to Missouri State. • Learn about tutoring and other resources available at-a-distance from Missouri State. • Discover alternative pathways for earning your undergraduate and advanced degrees. To get started, call (417) 255-7777 to reserve your appointment with our outreach coordinator, Deanna Smith.
Undergraduate Degrees - 100% Online • Bachelor of Applied Science in Hospitality and Restaurant Administration • Bachelor of Applied Science in Technology Management • Bachelor of Science in Communication Studies • Bachelor of Science in Finance (Finance Option) • Bachelor of Science in General Business • Bachelor of Science in Health Services (Clinical Services Option) • Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Service Management • Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Degree Completion) • Bachelor of Science in Professional Writing
Graduate Degree Programs - 100% Online • • • • •
Doctor of Nursing Practice Doctor of Nurse Anesthesia Practice Master of Arts in Communication Master of Arts in History Master of Business Administration
• Master of Science in Early Childhood and Family Development • Master of Science in Administrative Studies • Master of Science in Criminology and Criminal Justice Master of Science in Cybersecurity Master of Science in Education, Elementary Education Master of Science in Education, Literacy Master of Science in Education, Special Education/ Blindness and Low Vision Emphasis • Master of Science in Nursing, Nurse Educator • Master of Science in Project Management
For a complete listing of online options, please visit www.MissouriState.edu/online
Spring 2017 Program Listings
• Bachelor of Science in Psychology
• • • •
Find us on Facebook
WEST PLAINS & MOUNTAIN GROVE
View our spring 2017 class schedule at: www.MissouriState.edu/WP17 www.MissouriState.edu/MG17
• Bachelor of Applied Science in General Agriculture • Bachelor of Applied Science in Technology Management (online) • Bachelor of Science in Child and Family Development • Bachelor of Science in Criminology • Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education • Bachelor of Science in General Business (online) • Doctorate in Educational Leadership • Master of Arts in Teaching • Master of Business Administration (online) • Master of Science in Counseling - NEW SPRING 2017 (School Counseling) • Master of Science in Education, Literacy (online) • Master of Science in Educational Administration • Master of Science in Elementary Education (online) • Master of Social Work • Specialist in Educational Administration
• Bachelor of Applied Science in General Agriculture • Bachelor of Science in General Business (online)
West Plains courses leading to
West Plains courses leading to
Bachelor of Applied Science in General Agriculture
Doctorate in Educational Leadership
• With an AA, AAS or AS degree, our Agriculture Pathways Partnership allows you to complete your bachelor’s degree in about 2 years. • Enjoy flexible scheduling with Internet and interactive video course offerings. Jim Bellis, Assistant Head, Darr School of Agriculture (417) 836-5638, Email: JimBellis@MissouriState.edu www.ag.MissouriState.edu/pathways/
Bachelor of General Studies
• Design a degree to meet your personal needs and interests with this interdisciplinary program. • Take the required 45 credit hours in two or three different departments of study. • Customize this flexible degree with your long term goals. • Fulfill your admission requirements by completing 75 college credit hours, by submitting a summary of your background and personal benefits of this degree. Jamie Schweiger, Academic Advisor (417) 836-5258, Email: JLBSchweiger@MissourState.edu www.MissouriState.edu/sdpa/BGS.htm
Bachelor of Science in Child and Family Development
• Learn how to make a difference in the lives of individuals and families, the greater community, and around the world. Cindy Thieman, Professional Education Advisor/Recruiter (417) 836-3262, Email: CThieman@MissouriState.edu www.MissouriState.edu/wpCFD
Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education
• Attend all classes, participate in field experience, and perform your student teaching all within the West Plains area to complete this degree. • Graduate from a program that has a high rate of placement immediately following graduation. Anyta Cavitt, Academic Advisor West Plains, Gohn Hall #103 (417) 255-7937, Email: AnytaCavitt@MissouriState.edu www.MissouriState.edu/wpELE
Bachelor of Science in Criminology
• Take blended courses to earn the Bachelor of Science in Criminology after finishing an associate of arts degree. • Attend classes in West Plains via ITV, online and through ZOOM technology. • Learn to develop solutions to the issues of crime and to problems within the criminal justice system. • Prepare for a career in law, police, courts and corrections. Andrew Purvis, Criminal Justice Instructor, Outreach Liaison (417) 836-6660, Email: Purvis1776@MissouriState.edu www.MissouriState.edu/wpCRM
• Earn this degree in West Plains through a collaboration between MSU and the University of Missouri. • Designed for those seeking leadership positions in P-12, higher education, government or industry. • Cohorts begin every 2 years, with applications being due by December 1st of even-numbered years. Spend 12 days in July meeting on the MU campus, for two consecutive years. The remainder of the coursework is offered by MSU, with most classes accessible in the West Plains area via ITV. • Attend two years of classroom instruction (46 credit hours), which includes 12 credit hours of dissertation research. Administrator certification is available. Dr. Cynthia MacGregor, Program Coordinator (417) 836-6046, Email: CMacGregor@MissouriState.edu www.MissouriState.edu/wpEdD
Master of Arts in Teaching • • • •
Obtain your teaching certificate AND master’s degree through this alternative certification program. Become admitted to this program with a bachelor’s degree that is in, or closely related to, the area of certification desired. Receive your teacher certification and a graduate degree as a qualified student holding a baccalaureate degree from an accredited university. Begin employment with a cooperating school district upon admission to this program.
Emmett Sawyer, Program Director (417) 836-5254, Email: EmmettSawyer@MissouriState.edu www.MissouriState.edu/wpMAT
Master of Social Work • Attend afternoon and evening classes, Monday through Thursday. • Complete your degree as a regular part-time student if your bachelor’s degree is in an area other than social work. • Finish the program in 62 credit hours as a regular standing student. • Complete your practicum at approved locations in West Plains and the surrounding area. Elizabeth Hykes, MSW Program - West Plains Liaison Gohn Hall #201 (417) 255-8063, Email: EHykes@MissouriState.edu
___________________________________________________ Deanna Smith, Outreach Coordinator (417) 255-7777, Email: DeannaSmith@MissouriState.edu www.MissouriState.edu/wpSWK
Missouri State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Minority/Female/ Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Employer and Institution.
Master of Science in Counseling-School Counseling • •
Earn your Master of Science in Counseling degree on the West Plains campus--options in school counseling. Become eligible for state certification as a school counselor with a valid Missouri teaching certificate, or through the completion of additional teaching course work (approx. 9 credit hours).
Dr. A. Leslie Anderson, Program Coordinator (417) 836-6519, Email: ALAnderson@MissouriState.edu www.MissouriState.edu/MSCounselingWP
Master and Specialist in Educational Administration • Earn your master’s or specialist degree in educational administration through courses held on the West Plains campus. • Prepare to pass the School Leaders Licensure Assessment (SLLA) with the completion of this program. • Use ZOOM technology that allows you the convenience of attending classes remotely from almost anywhere! Dr. Kim Finch, Master’s Degree Program Coordinator (417) 836-5192, Email: KimFinch@MissouriState.edu www.MissouriState.edu/wpEAD
Mountain Grove courses leading to
Bachelor of Applied Science in General Agriculture
As a holder of an associate of arts, associate of applied science or associate of science, our Agriculture Pathways Partnership allows you to complete your bachelor’s degree in about 2 years. Enjoy flexible scheduling via online and interactive video course offerings.
Jim Bellis, Assistant Head of the Darr School of Agriculture (417) 836-5638, Email: JimBellis@MissouriState.edu www.ag.MissouriState.edu/pathways/
Bachelor of Science in General Business (online)
• As a holder of an AS in Business or an AA degree, with an emphasis in business (COB admission courses), earn this degree, in Mountain Grove, through online courses. Megan Cope, College of Business (COB) Advisor (417) 836-5386, Email: MeganCope@MissouriState.edu www.MissouriState.edu/GenBusOnline
For more information contact:
Deanna Smith, Outreach Coordinator Gohn Hall, 603 W. Main St., West Plains, MO 65775 Phone: (417) 255-7777 l Fax: (417) 255-7933 DeannaSmith@MissouriState.edu