LET US HELP YOU
MAKE YOUR MISSOURI STATEMENT.
Spring 2017 Program Listings Graduate Degrees - 100% Online
Missouri State University has been offering graduate degrees in the Joplin area since 1978 and at the current location since 2010. MSU Joplin can help you achieve your goal of earning an advanced degree.
• Doctor of Nursing Practice
At our Joplin office you may:
• Master of Business Administration
• Take advantage of our convenient facilities located at 724 Illinois Avenue, Joplin, Missouri 64801. • Receive one-on-one academic advisement, registration and financial aid assistance. • Learn about tutoring and other resources available at-a-distance from Missouri State! • Discover alternative pathways to earning your advanced degree.
To get started, call (417) 629-3941 to reserve your appointment with our outreach coordinator, Larry Nichols.
• Doctor of Nurse Anesthesia Practice • Master of Arts in Communication • Master of Arts in History • Master of Science in Early Childhood and Family Development • Master of Science in Administrative Studies • Master of Science in Criminology and Criminal Justice • Master of Science in Cybersecurity • Master of Science in Education, Elementary Education • Master of Science in Education, Literacy • Master of Science in Education, Special Education/ Blindness & Low Vision Emphasis • Master of Science in Nursing, Nurse Educator • Master of Science in Project Management • Doctorate in Educational Leadership
For a complete listing of online options, please visit www.MissouriState.edu/online
• Master of Arts in Teaching • Master of Business Administration (online) • Master of Science in Educational Administration • Master of Science in Elementary Education (online) • Master of Science in Literacy (online) • Master of Social Work • Specialist in Educational Administration
Find us on Facebook www.fb.com/MSUJoplinRegion
Master and Specialist in Educational Administration • Earn your master’s degree (MS) and/or specialist degree (EdS) in the greater Joplin area and obtain a career in school administration. • Participate in this jointly developed, standards-based instructional program. That includes district/building projects and clinical experiences extending over 24 months, plus practicum and on-site experiences. • Complete the masters or specialist program in 5 semesters. • Use ZOOM technology that allows you the convenience of attending classes remotely from almost anywhere! Dr. Kim Finch, Program Coordinator (417) 836-5392, Email: KimFinch@MissouriState.edu www.MissouriState.edu/JoplinEAD
Courses are available leading to
Graduate Degrees Doctorate in Educational Leadership • • •
Earn this degree in Joplin through a collaborative agreement between Missouri State and the University of Missouri. Designed for those seeking leadership positions in P-12, higher education, in government or industry. Cohorts begin every 2 years, with applications being due by December 1st of even-numbered years. Spend 12 days in July meeting on the MU campus, for two consecutive years. The remainder of the coursework is offered by MSU, with most classes accessible in the Joplin area via ITV. Attend 2 years of classroom instruction (46 credit hours) which includes 12 credit hours of dissertation research. Earn your administrator certification by taking a few additional courses.
Dr. Cynthia MacGregor, Program Coordinator (417) 836-6046, Email: CMacGregor@MissouriState.edu www.MissouriState.edu/JoplinEdD
Elementary Education – Master’s with Emphasis (online)
• Earn your elementary education master’s degree taking MSU courses offered online. • Customize your degree by choosing your emphasis area such as middle school education, reading, or conservation. Cynthia Hail, Program Coordinator (417) 836-6065, Email: CindyHail@MissouriState.edu www.MissouriState.edu/JoplinELE
Missouri State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Minority/Female/ Veterans/Disability /Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Employer and Institution.
Master of Arts in Teaching • • • •
As a holder of a bachelor’s degree in a different field, you may obtain your teaching certification in an area of secondary education while earning your master’s degree through this program. Take courses from both Missouri State and Missouri Southern State University in Joplin through this jointly offered program. Start this cohort at the beginning of any summer session. Contact the program director for more information about the certification content areas available.
Emmett Sawyer, Program Director (417) 836-5254, Email: EmmettSawyer@MissouriState.edu www.MissouriState.edu/JoplinMAT
Master of Business Administration (online)
• Earn this degree by taking classes online. • Finish this 33-credit hour program in as little as 2 years with the completion of your foundation courses. Students lacking foundation requirements are able to take most of those courses online. • Begin your studies in a temporary admission status, and take up to nine hours prior to being fully admitted to the program. Kim Stagner, College of Business Graduate Programs Advisor (417) 836-5616, Email: KimStagner@MissouriState.edu www.MissouriState.edu/MBAonline
View our spring 2017 class schedule at:
Master of Science in Literacy
• Earn your master’s degree while achieving reading certification through this 37-hour program that offers classes primarily online. • Gain the necessary knowledge, skills and dispositions to be a competent literacy teacher for kindergarten through grade 12. • Complete this program and you will earn your certification as a literacy educator and obtain a highly marketable degree. Dr. Deanne Camp, Program Coordinator (417) 836-6983, Email: DeanneCamp@MissouriState.edu www.MissouriState.edu/JoplinLiteracy
Master of Social Work
• Attend classes held in the late afternoons and evenings, Monday through Thursday. • Offered in two formats, one for advanced standing students who have completed an accredited BSW program, and one for regular standing students who have a bachelor’s degree in an area other than social work or who do not otherwise meet the requirements for advanced standing. • Advanced standing students can complete the program with 34 credit hours, while regular standing students take 62 credit hours. • Internships can be completed at approved locations in the Joplin area or near your place of residence.
Jannette Eldred, MSW, LCSW, MSW Coordinator (417) 629-3940, Email: JEldred@MissouriState.edu www.MissouriState.edu/JoplinSWK
For more information contact: Larry Nichols, Outreach Coordinator MSU Joplin Campus 724 Illinois Avenue, Joplin, MO 64801 Phone: (417) 629-3941 LNichols@MissouriState.edu