+31 6 49524451
1017GX The Netherlands
Sep 2016 Sep 2015
MUJI & Sustainability
Mar 2015 Sep 2014
Mar 2015 Sep 2014
Sep 2010 Jun 2011
Musician and Melody
MUJI Caret Shop in ISTANBUL
Residential Activities Center in SHENZHEN
easy to assemble and reconstruct
Residential House of a Pianist
RESUME Education Sep 2016 Aug 2014
Master Degree in Architecture
Eindhoven University of Technology
Sep 2014 Sep 2009
Bachelor Degree in Urban Planning
Northeast Forestry University
The Netherlands China
Working Experiences Jun 2012 Aug 2012
Haerbin Bozhu Yicheng Architecture Design Co,. Ltd
Design assistant China
Jun 2013 Aug 2013
Bei An Housing and Construction Bureau
Personal Skills Pepresentation Auto CAD Adobe Photoshop Rhinoceros Grasshopper Sketch Up Adobe 3ds Max Adobe Indesign Adobe Illustrator Microsoft Office suit
Work shop & Skill 2014 2016
Detail Script Render Research Urban Design
Final project Architecture 8/10 Architectural Engineering Advanced free-form design using parametric & generative modelling strategies Hacker's Hut Module 3DS Studio Max Research Methodology for Building Technology Stratigies and Places Research in Urbanism and Architecture II Urban Road and Traffic Urban Enginnering System Overall Urban Planning
Honor & Awards Masterpiece Awards in 2012 National College Urban Planning Social Investigation Report Second Prize in Masterpieces report issued by the faculty of Civil Engineering in 2009 Second Scholarship issued by NEFU in the spring term of 2010-2011 Third Scholarship issued by NEFU in the spring & autumn term of 2012-2013
Paper Parking Trafffic Design Analysis Based on Urban Road and Trafffic Theory Heilongjiang Technology Information (Secondary National Publication) 05
Location: Istanbul, Turkey Building area: 3700 square meters Function: Museum, OffIce, Workshops, Cafeteria, MUJI shop, Night club. Building Type: Complexity Period: September 2016- September 2015
This project is based on the topic â€?Brand and Sustai rattan and wood. As we know wood is highly positiv to use green and recyclable materials. In the meanti
raise awareness of the issues which can be considered (Guy
the preservation of culture. It is a Turkey handicraft m However, wood is sensitive and vulnerable, it calls fo are: use replaceable scandalized component, control
inability”, the chosen brand is “MUJI”. The research shows that the essence of MUJI is low-carbon life, it favours natural materials such like ve for ecological issues, especially for green gas emissions. So this wooden building is design for this brand and expresses a societal values ime, ” sustainability” is highly contested and complex, so instead of searching a true or incontestable definition of sustainable building’’, this design tried to y, Farmer, 2001, p.140). So this time, the sustainbility are defined as lower the ecological impacts, respect the surrounding, longer lifetime and museum in tourist zone. or a careful attitude to design and maintain, so the research goes further on how to prolong the use of the wooden building. The methods l the rainwater, predict the deformation, protect the wood from fire and insects.
This area is Beyoglu in the European side of Istanbul, it is the centre of culture, art, business and entertainment. The selected hill site has a beautiful view of the sea. The hill site brings both challenge and opportunity to the design. The view is nice due to the big difference of height, however, it is harder to construct and more expensive than the plane area. In this design, the building is placed parallel to isocline since it will be cheaper and easier to construct. After a a brief overview of the location, there are two points taken in to consideration, respectively: the greatest sea view on the highest point and the lowest part offers accessibility since it is close the main road of the city. The diagram is drawn based on the gradient from google earth. 49.85% of the Beyoglute are marked with green which means the the gradient higher than 5o. The yellow area are even higher. A closer look at another contour map from internet i found some several extremely steep areas of in my site, remove these areas is costly and not necessary since it offers natural landscape. In Ken Yeangâ€™s opinion, to a greater or lesser extent, every designed system interacts with the environment(Yeang,2008). In the process of turning the nature landscape into man-made environment all the damage to the land is unrecoverable. With the aim to lower the impact on the nature environment, this building tries to respect the hill site so after demolishing the building, the site can recover as much as possible.
The flat area of the site is now used as an urban park, it consists 1/10 of the hill site since most part of the site are steep areas. There are only few exercise equipments and some benchs in that park. But not a lot of peopla are visiting that park when i was there. The most part attracts me is the historical stone wall in that area. All the historical stone wall are kept in this deesign but since some parts of the wall are already collasped. So the collasped part are designed to guided people to find the entrance or offer a glance when walking by. The remaining hisorical wall serves a better perspective blending with the building seen from the foot of the hill.
METRO STOP (THIS DIRECTION)
ARTERIAL Road Tram & Metro
To water front (planning) Green space (planning)
No Brand = Brand
“MUJI” means “no-brand, good quality”. All the product are designed in an authetic language of simplicity, unlike the namebrand brand, nether the company name or the logo appears on MUJI product. This "no-brand" successfully brand itself through the feeling of pureness from materials. From the product we can find that MUJI is a brand tries to sell a life philosophy, to advocate a natural and simple way of life (Fan, 2014).
How to translate MUJI's ideology in to architecture design? I mean under the philosophy of MUJI, the MUJI building should neither pursue symbol meaning nor pursue visual demand on purpose. Instead to make an iconic building, this design will try to perfetectly blend into surroundings with a pure but a strong impression on materials. Then the question shifted to which material to use. This brand favors natural materials like rattan, linen and wood which coincidently suits the theme of sustainbility. So paper and wood to construct my building. Shigeru Ban has some research about paper but most time it is used in the temporary buildings. In my opinion, paper is a material can be easily obtained and dismissed , but duration is also a matter of sustainbility. So in the end, wood is chosen as the matieral for this building.
1. Then i started with model to find how to blend my building into hill site. So in the first model there are volumes scatters redomly on the hill, most volums on top of hill for better view. The exhibiton route is one direction go through all the volumns.
3. Enlarge the volume, made a bridge(acrylic in the model) over the steepest area, connects two volumes. The bridge has a good view of the sea, and it avoided a lot of construction. It is better to constructct on the less steep area, since the soil need less modification for the foundation. Why i choose acrylic to made a bridge is because i hope this part can be open day and night, so not only tourists can visit there but also the residence still can enjoy the view, since i remove a small urban park. But thus bring a problem to circualtion in the building.
2. After a precise model about the hill i find the height difference made it impossible to climb up and down through the volumes. So the volumes are placed along the isohypse. So people could visiting while climb the hill unconsciously.
4. The last step is to use foam find a better proportion between the hill and the building. In 2&3 there is an idea for the yard, but it is abandoned since the the buiding need more volume to creat a yard, and the building become pop-up of the hillsite, which do not suit the idology of MUJI. The materials is wood and glass. The reduplicated wood beam and colum express a strong impression on wood. Another reason is because of the function of this building, it is a carpet musuem. In our sense, carpet is colourful and consists duplicated patten. So the wood and glass will offer a relatively pure atmosphere, since wood has its own nature texture.
Bridge on steep area (better view)
Idea of bridge:
Best view at top. Avoid the extremely steep areas. Divided the space between open and semi-open.
Green Space: Due to height difference, it is not possible to connect two volume. Lower the noise from the road. Great space for pedestrian.
Green space to reduce noise
VIEW Reshape because of hill
Keep the existing road
Integrated with the hill:
Keep the Existing Road:
Use volumes that is less stand out of the surrounding.
Less space left
Column network influence the size of the beam. Flexibity of walls.
Volumes cut off when touches hill.
Rainwater. Fungi. Space to check the wood columns.
GRID GRID 5000*50005000*5000
Column network 5000*5000mm
Fully respect mountain
Lift up structure above gound
A lot of volumes are cut off when touches the hill, in this way, the hill can be recover as much as possible after demolishing the building. However, it brings some difficulties for the floor plan, especially to place the washroom and the elevator and the stairs. To solve this problem, the stairs washroom are placed mostly in the same place on each floor, so people can easily come out in case of emergency and the layout of the washroom brings convenience for the pipe . The building is divided into two main parts, studio part and museum part. Both parts are connected by the designer â€™s workshop which is designed as a bridge on the highest floor. The museum and the studio are close at night. The temporary exhibition, cafĂŠ and elevator are open at night. The temporary exhibition can be used as platform for music.
UP +2.000 ±0.000
SHOP RESTAURANT +2.000
Since the hill is irregular, which made the height differs for each exhibiton room, the highest exhibition hall is 7.5 meters, it is suitable for larger carpets.
NIGHT PARTY EXHIBITION CORRIDOR
STUDIO TEMPORARY EXHBITION/ PLATFORM
This area loacats at the beginning of the route for exhibition, just after the locker. It is for temporary exhibition. And this part also opens at night, it can be used for performing music.
Boring, oh elevator is there!
They are huge and exquisite Entrance Looks nice
I will buy MUJI stuff Im tired
One more drink?
Here we can easily find the building trying to aviod the hill as much as possible. In this way, a lot of rooms have better atmosohere of the hill since the facade facing the hill are made of glass. Since the hill is irregular, which made the height differs
4th Floor Plan CORRIDOR & EXHIBITION
CORRIDOR & EXHIBITION
STUDIO CORRIDOR & EXHIBITION
CORRIDOR & EXHIBITION
3rd Floor Plan
CORRIDOR & EXHIBITION STUDIO
COMMON SPACE STUDIO
CORRIDOR & EXHIBITION
UP EQUIPMENT STUDIO
+ 7.590 STUDIO
2nd Floor Plan
UP UP UP
PLATFORM +9.300 +5.000 +5.000
roof ventilated cavity water froof membrane 10 waterproof bounded chipboard insulation 30 laminated construction board 100*240 wood beam
window joint window frame translucent glass wood strip
30mm floor insulation 100*240 wood beam
prefabricated steel as anchor threaded rod concrete
The journey begins at the main entrance, then locker room, temporary exhibition, museum, all way up and finally uses elevator to go down. After the museum, it is also possible to continue journey to visit the designerâ€™s workshop, it is located on the highest floor, after that the people exit either on the back side of the building or on the studio side.
Location: Shenzhen, China Building area: 1815 square meters Function: CafĂŠ, Skating, Theatre Building Type: Culture Centre Period: September 2014- January 2015
In this design, a shabby running track is turned into an activity centre. Most part of the runn the green space of the new building. This activity centre has a roller skating pub and one sm developed by the texture of the surrounding. This shape is swirl like, it attracts residents from an iconic building since it is located infront of one railway station.
ning track are kept and integrated into mall theatre. The shape of the swirl is the surrounding neighbourhood. It is
apartment pigeon house historical building station
This project is located in SunGang, ShenZhen. Nowadays this area is under the transformation from the old to new. The site consists three urban textures, respectively, newly built tall apartment with an average height of 75 meters, the urban historical zone with only one or two floors, and the “pigeon house” for poor people. It is called “pigeon house” because these cubes are built illegally with high density. The density is so high that it is possible shake hands through window. These “pigeon houses” will be destroyed after the government get the permission from the landlord. According to the new cityplan, a new station will be construct on the west of the site. After the construction of the new station, this area need to be developed since the government trying to avoid the first sight of the shabby running track.
Running track interfere with the new construction yard BaoGang Road
keep the yard Reshape the volume
Running track reacts with yard
Eave above running track
Cafe on the flrst floor with the view of the yard. Skating club under the ground (level -4.00), connected by two slopes. Restaurant Theatre on the ground floor. There are two entrance on 0.00 and -0.60 to plaza.
30 CafĂŠ on the f irst f loor and second f loor, have a better perspective
7M842 FREE FORM
ted r ve ght
ate nge aph aph ake our use. get
e Z u re But the eT the
7M842 FREE FORM
32. I use the Series component to generate 3 4 . At f ir s t I c o n n e c t e d t h e C u r v a t u re 36. To 200 parameters, each parameters will change component to the move component. But compo water tower in Chiago the z value to get different height by Graph the move Component is red. I looked at the create Mapper. And set the domain of the Graph description of the Move. I found out that the T 1.point Editor. You need the suitable domain to make input needs a vector. I use a Panel to check the moved sure every point are on the surface of your output of the Curvature then I know I need to by Gra Figure 23 37. Af building. There are several graph you can use. change the parameter into a vector. And you can also change each graph to get 35. Put the Amplitude between the Curvature sur fac the perfect texture you need. and the Move. But there is still a problem, I the su 33. After that only move the points on the Z use the Vector Display to check the Vector. The Cur va 3 4 . At f i r s t I c o n n e c t e d th e C u r v a t u re 36. To make is nicer , I use the Mirror point will move to two opposite directions, comp directions. component to the move component. But component on the points from step 32. And this is because different curve has different Amplit the move Component is red. I looked at the create an Arc by three points. The points are bending directions. I don’t know how to solve 38. Bak description of the Move. I found out that the T 1.points generated by Graph Editor 2.points it. At last i bake all the things to Rhino and input needs a vector. I use a Panel to check the moved in step 35 3.mirrored points generated Rotate each small piece by hand. output of the Curvature then I know I need to by Graph Editor. Figure 23 After that, use Ruled Surface create change thethe parameter into a vector. After shaping volume, I tried to apply a suitable skin for this 37. design. I use the grasshopper to generate a skin.to The idea comes sur faces of Graph each cur instead ves. Then extrude 35. Put the tower Amplitude between Curvature from the water of Chicago. However,the different from the water tower I use the Mapper of the greyscale map. The limitation all theBut pointthere are calculated math formula the “Graph Mapper”, have any special meaning. surface fromit does the not Tangent. Just like theI also and theis that Move. is stillbya the problem, I inthe tried to write simple python script to get some radon point, but still I hope the design can be further developed to be connected use the Vector to check theChicago Vector. The Cur vature component, the Evaluate Cur ve with or sunDisplay shading analysis the tower. 36.theTowind make is nicer , I like use the Mirror point will move to two opposite directions, component also have to connected to component on the points from step 32. And this is because different curve has different Amplitude before Move. create an Arc by three points. The points are bending directions. I don’t know how to solve 38. Bake the last step. 32 1.points generated by Graph Editor 2.points it. At last i bake all the things to Rhino and moved in step 35 3.mirrored points generated
Location: Eindhoven University of Technology, Plaza of Gemeente Eindhoven, The Netherlands Building area: 216 square meters Function: Workshop, Exhibition Building Type: Exhibition Period: July 2014- December 2014
Auto CAD Adobe Photoshop Rhinoceros Grasshopper Sketch Up Adobe 3ds Max Adobe Indesign Adobe Illustrator Microsoft Office suit
The goal is to design a moveable pavilion with a square meters around 200. This building mus placed on the TUE campus. During the Dutch Design Week, it should be able to move throug purposes of exhibition. So the details should be designed to allow the building to be easily And all the size of the components are limited due to the transportation infrastructure.
st be multifunctional building, it will be gh Eindhoven to another place for the installed and dismantle several times.
The building must be fully insulated. The idea is to design a 3m*3m box, which the walls and roofs can be jointed and detached. The main problem is to protect the building from the rain, so the membranes always overlapped when there will be a connection. The bolt cap, the wooden strip on the faรงade and the gutter on the roof are all designed to ensure the interior environment.
7X500 PRODUCTION AND PARTS
Corrugated aluminium sheeting covering on 45/90 battens 45/90mm counter battens Waterproof membrane 25mm waterproofâ€?bounded chipboard 150mm mineralâ€?wood thermal insulation 0.4mm polythene vapour barrier 30mm laminated construction board
The connection of the roof
The connection of the wall
Location: SiChuan, China Building area: 382 square meters Function: Open living room, Private home Building Type: Residential Period: September 2010- June 2011
This building is a home for a musician. The idea begins with a big living room, where his neighbour can benefits from him when he is playing the music. However, on the contrar y, there are some rooms need more privacy, such like bedroom and study. So this project is really interesting because all these functions can fits in one box covered by different materials on the facade.
The design star ted with mapping all the functions needed, and scale the circle by the different square meters. Then categorise all the function from open to private. The lower floor is more accessible, the music room has big window for the performance to be seen. The higher floor is less accessible, so it is perfect for bedroom and study. The materials on the faรงade is depending on the privacy of the room. There are three chosen materials on the faรงade, they are glass, translucent glass and wood.
Because it is designed for the musician, the idea comes from the "melody", it represents notes on the stave. However, after designing the section, the stairs brings some problem, so I made a handmade model to find out how to place the stairs. There is one regular stair connects the garage, the dining room, the bedroom and the roof terrace.