__MAIN_TEXT__
feature-image

Page 7

Lockdown for Teenagers by Owain, Age 16 Now a good 20% of teenagers like to remain inside their homes so that’s not a problem for them. This article is for the other 80% who haven’t got the slightest clue of what to do. First, we start with the obvious and that is to stay inside and watch TV/play games. Yes, the very thing parents would commonly yell at you to do is now your prime solution to the crisis. It’s well known that anyone could spend a good portion of their lives on the internet so using websites like YouTube to watch videos is a good way to survive this event. Most people have games they haven’t played since their childhood and now is a good time to start playing them and relive the games.

With all the time you have, you can easily read 100 pages of whatever you are into and enjoy yourself. Perhaps you don’t want to read it yourself for some reason, if so an automated voice or narrator can read it out to you. Now speaking of listening to things there is plenty of music on the internet. There is a large amount to choose from, but you won't like everything and maybe you want new stuff. Well, fear not my short attention spanned friend for I bring great news. At this time companies are producing more and more stuff as it’s the perfect time. Nothing says capitalism like using a virus for profit! However, we don’t need to worry about that as for us that just means more stuff for us to do.

Now as humans we require some sort of social interaction and if getting yelled at by your teammates on online games isn't enough to satisfy your need for social stuff you can just use your phone. This technology allows you to communicate with your friends without ever having to be close to one another. You can also use it to communicate with a large group at once. With this, you won't feel lonely and can talk to your friends to catch up on everything. Another form of entertainment is reading. Thanks to the internet we don’t need to waste paper on books and can instead download them.

Now as humans we also require sunlight. Yes, we may not be plants but we do need to survive. This is a great excuse to get out in the garden with your family and enjoy the nice weather. Enjoy the sunshine and an ice cream! Now there is a big issue with panic buying. As teenagers, we don’t do the shopping but we can help to convince our parents that we won’t be needing enough toilet paper to last us till 2025. Panic buying leads to a shortage of supplies like food and some people like the NHS workers who make sure we can survive can’t -7-

Profile for Mom’s Favorite Reads

Mom’s Favorite Reads eMagazine June 2020  

In this issue... Lockdown for Teenagers Modern Movie Classics Photography Articles Poems Humour Puzzles Young Writers And an insight into t...

Mom’s Favorite Reads eMagazine June 2020  

In this issue... Lockdown for Teenagers Modern Movie Classics Photography Articles Poems Humour Puzzles Young Writers And an insight into t...