Page 1

Sanggunian ng mga Mag-aaral ng mga Paaralang Loyola ng Ateneo de Manila Office of the Secretary - General Room 200 MVP Student Leadership Center, Ateneo de Manila University 0928 – 3481686 | info@ateneosanggu.com CB MEETING OSA CONFERENCE ROOM 2 JULY 24, 2009 Agenda: *Video Recording Ready? Yes/No Started: 6:29 PM Ended: 8:50 PM 1. Sir Boom's Time (30 Mins c/o SIr Boom) 2. AEMC (15 Mins c/o Kelvin - note of the content action points for the stand. CB, please read the file/s Kelvin sent in his last email) 3. Transpo (10 Mins c/o CIA) 4. Sesqui (20 Mins c/o Rob or CIA) 5. QC Pay Parking (10 Mins c/o CIA) 6. Traffic Scheme (10 Mins c/o Nyko) 7. Cafeteria (5 Mins c/o Nyko) 8. ACP (20 Mins c/o CSA) 9. SONA (5 Mins c/o Gino) 10. Announcements (10 Mins) 1. Website 2. Shirts 3. Lanyards 4. Sir Boom Attendance/People in the Meeting: Gio Tingson – Absent (La Salle) Jauro Castro Kacci Morales Rob Roque – Early Dismissal (6:29 – Personal Event) Raymond Castillo Maan Delos Santos Kat Lee – Absent (LT) Tin Chan Kelvin Du

Anton Avancena Nyko Rodriguez Gino Limcumpao Migs Nograles Miggy Zaballero – Absent (Scholar’s Night) Rose Cupin Josh Tan Alex Coloquio – Late (Arrived: 6:39 PM; LM Departmental Talk)

Special Guest: Wilson Yu Sir Boom Sir Chris Minutes: 1. Prayer/National Anthem 2. Sir Boom’s Activity a. Metacards – How are you here in Sanggu? b. Applause for the sharing that was done (From Sir Chris) 3. Motion by Gino

We are your sole autonomous student government. We voice out your concerns. We protect your welfare. We form the community. We are entrusted to lead and committed to serve. We are your SANGGUNIAN.


Sanggunian ng mga Mag-aaral ng mga Paaralang Loyola ng Ateneo de Manila Office of the Secretary - General Room 200 MVP Student Leadership Center, Ateneo de Manila University 0928 – 3481686 | info@ateneosanggu.com a. Add SONA In the Agenda (5 minutes) – Gino b. Ayes approved it 4. AEMC a. Meeting held last Wednesday i. Gio and Miggy attended the meeting ii. VP apologized for not consulting the student body iii. Report of Kelvin b. Will make action points for the report made of Kelvin i. What will the content of the stand contain 1. If the opinions etc. with respect to the data provided by the committee, will be questioned, then it will make us look awkward 2. These points are not as strong for us to make a stand about 5. Recess 5 Minutes a. GA for FQA will be on Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 4:30 PM @ SOM 210 b. There is possibility that some of the points of the AEMC guidelines that were questioned in the last CB meeting were already answered c. The possibility that some of the points of the AEMC guidelines be refuted by the Sanggunian is possible i. Do not have Gio host the event (CIA Must inform Gio and AEMC) ii. CIA must meet with Gio prior to the Wednesday event 6. Transportation Survey (with Wilson Yu) a. Manner of administration of the Transportation survey i. Online administration ii. Pen and paper 1. Survey is 2 pages long so online administration would be easier b. Rationale for the study: Feasibility of the proposed bike system in the beginning of the semester c. Already made a draft of the survey i. Sample questions: 1. Shuttle services 2. Legal drop points in the survey 3. Parking 4. Cost of transportation d. Survey was drafted by the team and then was consulted with A-stat i. Nature and content of the survey was done by the team ii. Bicycle transportation and shuttle services include in the survey to make the baseline data for both topics e. Administration of the survey will be lobbied to the block and representatives i. The use of 369 students to be sampled, it will not be representative of the 8000 students of the LS ii. Sir Chris: There is data already present with respect to the first part of the survey 1. Contact UPPA for the data iii. Things to act upon 1. Consult with faculty and offices so that the quality of the survey will be assured 2. Have Sir Boom check the survey before it is released 7. Sesqui

We are your sole autonomous student government. We voice out your concerns. We protect your welfare. We form the community. We are entrusted to lead and committed to serve. We are your SANGGUNIAN.


Sanggunian ng mga Mag-aaral ng mga Paaralang Loyola ng Ateneo de Manila Office of the Secretary - General Room 200 MVP Student Leadership Center, Ateneo de Manila University 0928 – 3481686 | info@ateneosanggu.com a. Rob will oversee the project i. SOH Team will be part of the team as well ii. Mobilization in cooperation with BCA b. Content of the Project/Activities i. Movie Launch/Gala 1. “Ang panggagahasa kay Fe” 2. Will tie-up with Tugon (Women’s rights) 3. August 29,2009 ii. Donation Drive 1. Help the 500 scholars for the 150th year scholarship program 2. Materials, if there would be any given, is yet to be discussed 3. Will be launched in the representative’s induction iii. Prayer Rally + Concert 1. Give recognition to the Jesuit formation of the community 2. Prayer songs will be and the like be suggested iv. Fair + Concert/Variety Show 1. Will coincide with ACP 2. Will be on November c. Focus of the event: Cultural rootedness d. Some Comments i. Redundancy in the Concerts to be presented 1. There is already an ACP concert, a concert in the prayer rally and the initiatives of the alumni sesqui team ii. Have cultural performances included in the concert of the prayer rally iii. Have the students work in the team as well e. Sir Chris: Will meet with Ms. Sonia Araneta with respect to the student initiatives that the students can be part of the Sesqui celebration i. Have clear and tight details that would be worked upon for this project 1. Use this central idea and then work on it 2. Have specific targets – clear targets ii. MAMI (Minimized activities, maximized impact) iii. Have members of the student body be part of this 1. Similar to what was done before in ORSEM, ACP, etc. iv. Other aspects of what is being proposed by the committee are being done already by different groups v. September 8, 2009 – Look into this date for the prayer rally 1. Marian celebration to be done in school f. What is the main goal for the event? i. Raise money ii. Hype up the students g. Points to consider i. Have the students be part of the initiatives 1. Simple acts can be done like asking for small donations for the money 2. Try to coordinate with the students to give them something worth participating upon ii. Meet again as a team for the goals and targets of the event

We are your sole autonomous student government. We voice out your concerns. We protect your welfare. We form the community. We are entrusted to lead and committed to serve. We are your SANGGUNIAN.


Sanggunian ng mga Mag-aaral ng mga Paaralang Loyola ng Ateneo de Manila Office of the Secretary - General Room 200 MVP Student Leadership Center, Ateneo de Manila University 0928 – 3481686 | info@ateneosanggu.com 1. With sesqui team, CSA(ACP), BCA, SOH, Representative from COA, and Gio 2. These people to be contacted by CIA 3. Meet by Thursday next week iii. Use of the ex-team 1. Try to tap other groups for this as well h. There is already an initiative by the alumni with respect to hyping up the student body; possibly we can just focus our efforts in gathering money for the scholarship funds. 8. QC Parking a. Went to the QC Hall for the hearing for the ordinance b. Issues clarified i. Katipunan will not be covered by the ordinance (It is a national road) ii. The side streets will be covered c. Ateneo will not be affected i. Not as relevant anymore for the CB d. Not make a stand with the issue i. Just monitor if tricycle rates and the like will be affected by the ordinance ii. Possibly inform others students councils through SCAP 1. Redirect the initiative to Office of the President given the external nature of this suggestion e. Inform the students of the ordinance when the bill is passed f. Motions i. Suggest to the body that they contact the other school just like that they did with us 1. Ayes have it ii. Inform the students of the ordinance once it is passed 1. Ayes have it 9. Traffic Scheme in the LS a. New traffic rules i. Jaywalking 1. Pedestrian Rules ii. Parking 1. 8PM parking rule 2. P6 parking Area will only be for Grade school students b. UPPO i. Role in traffic scheme 1. Drafted the scheme for the GS HS and LS ii. Implemented in the accident that happened in the GS iii. 8PM parking curfew 1. No actual reason given as to why this was done 2. Being implemented even before, so the decision was based from the past experience 3. No signs were placed in the parking areas but still implemented iv. Memos sent 1. Through the VPs office 2. Given to those who avail of the stickers and the passersby 3. Booklet available at the 2nd floor of Xavier

We are your sole autonomous student government. We voice out your concerns. We protect your welfare. We form the community. We are entrusted to lead and committed to serve. We are your SANGGUNIAN.


Sanggunian ng mga Mag-aaral ng mga Paaralang Loyola ng Ateneo de Manila Office of the Secretary - General Room 200 MVP Student Leadership Center, Ateneo de Manila University 0928 – 3481686 | info@ateneosanggu.com 4. They forgot to tap the Sanggunian a. Will do this for the other information so that the students will be aware (c/o Nyko) c. Security Office i. Involvement: Implementation process d. ADSA i. Involvement: In- charge of sanctions to violators e. Students were not consulted with these propositions (specially the 8PM Parking Curfew) i. Contact the SB for the possible data ii. Have instead the UPPO contact Registrar with respect to the end of classes during the evenings 10. Cafeteria a. Complaint regarding the unsanitary utensil cleaner in the caf i. Already made the necessary changes with respect to the heater of the utensil sanitation stations 1. The Cashier ladies will be in-charge of this ii. Please note of the proper cleaning of the utensils 1. Few utensils 2. Have the utensils be distributed in the stalls (to be suggested by Nyko to the committee) 3. Will be reported in the next CB meeting b. Secure the health and safety of the students with the materials 11. ACP (Get ppt from Maan) a. Students will participate in the different classes for today i. Inside and outside avenues will be given b. Some highlights i. Will be in line with Sesqui ii. Will involve 2010 elections iii. Will try to have a team that will sustain the activity c. Themes i. Celebrating excellence (Activity based, sports) ii. Deepening Spirituality iii. Living culture iv. Building the nation (political education) v. Notes: 1. Clarify the packaging with the theme 2. Students must attend 2 classes a. One of the first 3 then the 4th is required d. Committees i. Centralized ii. Core Team will be accountable for the project iii. Have the Office of the SecGen work as part of the Doc and Pub Team iv. In the process of coordinating with the past members of the previous ACPs so that they can give recommendation e. There will be online sign-ups for the classes i. A week before the sign-up ii. Will happen in the 2nd or 3rd week of November

We are your sole autonomous student government. We voice out your concerns. We protect your welfare. We form the community. We are entrusted to lead and committed to serve. We are your SANGGUNIAN.


Sanggunian ng mga Mag-aaral ng mga Paaralang Loyola ng Ateneo de Manila Office of the Secretary - General Room 200 MVP Student Leadership Center, Ateneo de Manila University 0928 – 3481686 | info@ateneosanggu.com f.

Have a timeline for the projects i. Submit this together with the ATF timeline once approved to the SecGen g. Have all units to block off the 2 weeks of the before the event i. Even the sectors, arms, and departments h. Nation building is a cliché aspect i. Have a clear aspect of it ii. There will be different activities and real life scenarios for the students to participate in iii. If you narrow it down, there would be fewer options for the students to be part of i. Talk ASAP to the offices to be involved i. NSTP does not want to participate in the ACP ii. Contact VP as well for the possibility of blocking off the date and requiring all the students to attend the event 12. Announcements a. Website i. Content ii. Orientation of the officers (joint session) for the website will be scheduled in the next 2 weeks iii. For the home page: have a banner if there would be a special event iv. Possibly have a forum 1. Include a disclaimer that if the content of the message is disrespectful, then we have the prerogative to filter them and ban them from the site 2. Still have a shout box or forum v. Pictorial for the officers and ex-teams will be scheduled as soon as possible b. Shirts i. Orders should be taken by the SBs and CBs ii. Shirts will be given as soon as possible c. Lanyards i. Being sold now ii. Orders can be submitted to the SecGen d. Induction of officers i. All elected officers and ex-teams are invited ii. CB must email by July 29, 2009 the list of all ex-team members iii. The core teams of the sectors, department, and arms are included iv. Will be in the MVP Roofdeck v. OSA in charge of program and cocktails vi. Possibly hold the SOSA (State of Sanggu Address) 1. Have SOSA to be open to all the students and not just with those inducted 2. We have to inform he students of the services that we have provided them and where we are now e. Sir Boom’s i. OSA Leadership Conference 2 - Monday 430-730 Escaler 1. All are required 2. Have Core teams and Ex-teams attend this event

We are your sole autonomous student government. We voice out your concerns. We protect your welfare. We form the community. We are entrusted to lead and committed to serve. We are your SANGGUNIAN.


Sanggunian ng mga Mag-aaral ng mga Paaralang Loyola ng Ateneo de Manila Office of the Secretary - General Room 200 MVP Student Leadership Center, Ateneo de Manila University 0928 – 3481686 | info@ateneosanggu.com ii. Tuesday and Wednesday OSA will be closed for team building iii. On the celebration of the Feast of St. Ignatius, there will be a mass at the Gesu 10:30-12:00 on July 30, 2009 iv. School Holiday - July 31, 2009 1. Rest! v. For the next CB: Bring a friend activity 1. For transparency of the CB vi. For the Induction and SOSA on August 17,2009, wear Semi formal vii. Blessing of the Sanggu Room 1. Ribbon cutting 2. Mini Salo salo 3. Will be scheduled in the coming 3 weeks viii. Some comments from Sir with respect to handling CB meetings 1. If it is a new agenda, explain the rationale as to why we are takling this 2. If it is an update or a follow-up, address the data that was presented in the past meetings and then present 3. Always make sure to present in the reports to, give the background and goals of the activities 4. Always own up to your presentation. Know what it is that you are talking about. 13. SONA a. Having initiatives for the SONA given the time would be irrational b. Instead, what we will do is to promote the SONA initiative of the organizations (i.e. The Assembly) and inform the students of the schedule of the SONA Agenda for Next Meeting (if applicable): 1. Updates for: a. AEMC b. Sesqui c. Transportation Survey d. ACP e. CB Committee updates should be provided as well 2. Next central board meeting will be on August 7, 2009

Prepared By: Katrina C. Morales Secretary-General Sanggunian ng mga Mag-aaral ng mga Paaralang Loyola ng Ateneo de Manila

We are your sole autonomous student government. We voice out your concerns. We protect your welfare. We form the community. We are entrusted to lead and committed to serve. We are your SANGGUNIAN.

CB Meeting MInutes 7.24.09  

Central Board Meeting Minutes Sanggunian ng mga Mag-aaral ng mga Paaralang Loyola ng Pamantasang Ateneo de Manila