Michael McClure Final Project Postmortem Reflection
At first I was intimidated by the scale of the project and the pressure that came with having to
stick with a shot plan. But, after going through the process I can honestly say I am pleased with the end product and much of it is thanks to the very shot list that I dreaded at the beginning. The shot list proved to be a great organizational tool as I never forgot a prop once I got to the location thanks to the list I had made beforehand. Also, in some locations I only had a few moments to take the picture (like when I was in the middle of the street) so knowing what I wanted to accomplish with the shot beforehand made those type of shots a lot easier. I am also pleasantly surprised with how well I was able to bring my original vision from the initial sketches to life with the final product, a the successful transformation of which I was originally was skeptical of.
For the shot of the crosswalk I had to wait for a good while for the Kelley classes which all seem
to get out at once, to end. Once they did I was able to position myself directly opposite side of the crosswalk to achieve the shot I was looking for. I tried to center the crowd in the crosswalk perfectly to create an uneasiness that is appropriate for the situation of the man in a rush that is being held up. I also zoomed in and took a low angle shot to create the effect of the mob of crossers being overwhelming almost like a stampede of sorts. I was happy with the point of view shots I was able to get in the beads sequence. By providing a close‐up shot of the people standing in line I think I was able to create the illusion of a crowd with only five people. As for the rubber duck shot, it took me a few tries to get the angles consistent between the three characters in the scene but I think I got it done with an end product that isn’t as confusing as it could’ve easily been. The second shot of the ducks point of view from the pond was one of my favorites and I was kind of going for a Jaws type effect where the animal is stocking his pray. Overall I am happy with the end product and surprised about how much fun it was to complete.