Page 1

September 2014

COG BIKE CAFE (ISSUE 407) Subaru 4WD Club of Victoria Inc. Reg. No. A – 0006149J FWDV Member www.subaru4wdvic.com.au PO BOX 2456 Mount Waverley VIC 3149


VOLKS-BARU SUBARU and Volkswagen Specialist Parts and Service Centre

We will smooth out your motoring costs with extremely competitive prices, offering trade discounts to all Subaru 4WD Club of Victoria members on all parts and repairs.

John Bailey 1362 Heatherton Rd Dandenong North 3175 Phone: (03) 9793 5655 Page: 2


INTRODUCTION TO THE SUBARU 4WD CLUB The Subaru 4WD Club of Victoria Inc. was originally formed over 30 years ago by an enthusiastic group of Subaru owners. Today the club has expanded to include all Subaru 4WD and AWD vehicles, as well as all other makes of AWD, light 4WD and crossover/soft-roader type vehicles. The club aims to participate in exploration of the Australian countryside without damage to the environment, vehicle or individual. Visitors are most welcome to attend the club’s General Meetings and contact committee members regarding participation in club activities. The club relies on membership fees to offset its running costs, including insurance. Membership fees are payable each year, due on 31 May. Fees for the 2013/14 year were agreed at the general meeting in April 2013 and are as follows: ● Interstate: $110 (Seniors card - $105) ● Single: $120 (Seniors card - $110) ● Joint/family: $140 - (Seniors card - $125). Joining Fee $10 ($20 for Joint/Family) (All annual fees include FWDV affiliation and trip insurance: $47) A trip fee of $15 per adult non-member applies (for insurance purposes) Please contact the membership officer for further information regarding membership, including pro-rata and monthly rates.

GENERAL MEETINGS

South Camberwell Tennis Club 322 Burke Road Glen Iris (Melways 59 H6)

Last Tuesday of each month at 8:00pm sharp (except December)

COMMITTEE Meetings 1st Tuesday each month: 7:30pm Stephen Whittaker president@subaru4wdvic.com.au (President) Jessica Walsh vice-president@subaru4wdvic.com.au (Vice President) Peter Bellis secretary@subaru4wdvic.com.au (Secretary) Bob Marshall treasurer@subaru4wdvic.com.au (Treasurer) Martin Foot mship@subaru4wdvic.com.au (OM: Membership) Michael Hartshorne editor@subaru4wdvic.com. au (OM: Editor) Dale Rebgetz resources@subaru4wdvic.com.au (OM: Resources) Jean Bellis {OM: events@subaru4wdvic.com.au

Events Coordinator ) Jamie Scott (OM: Trips Coordinator) Dale Rebgetz (OM: Venue) Stephen Whittaker / Damian Stock (OM) Venue Presentations

events@subaru4wdvic.com.au venue@subaru4wdvic.com.au president@subaru4wdvic.com.au

Page: 3


PRESIDENT’S REPORT Well, welcome to the September Subaru 4WD Club magazine and my first report as President of this fantastic club! I am thrilled to find myself in the position of President. My family joined the club when I was just 3 and left when I was 13. Life got busy for a few years (around 15 years!) and now it’s great to be back. Having been back in the club for two and a half years, it feels like I never left. That’s the thing about this club – it has a real sense of family and everyone works together really well. So, I’m looking forward to assisting in growing this club and exploring this magnificent country. There is no greater evidence of everyone working together really well than in the club’s committee which has been strong for many years and will continue to be. This year, the committee has lost two excellent contributors to the club’s success. Andrew has decided to depart the committee after an incredible 13 years service. Andrew is a real asset to the club and his work on the committee vast. We thank him for his time and dedication and hope he can enjoy his newfound free time. Phil also departs the committee after many years serving as an Ordinary Member. Phil’s excellent knowledge, experience and understanding of four wheel driving has provided great wisdom when needed. Thank you, Phil, for your dedication. If it’s ok with both of you, we might still ask you to share your thoughts and opinions on issues from time to time! On the other side of the coin, two vibrant new contributors have joined the committee to support us. We welcome Jean who will take up the role of Social Coordinator and Jamie who will be our Trip Coordinator. The combination of these two new roles makes up what used to be our old Trip and Social Coordinator. I think Jean and Jamie will work very well together and I thank them for their offer to join us on the committee and look forward to their contribution. For the past 8 years, our club has been guided under the strong Presidential leadership of Damian. His long-serving post as President has been smooth while increasing the status of the club (and four wheel driving in general… oh, and the plight of Subys offroad!). He’s achieved this through his recent time at Four Wheel Drive Victoria and, prior to that, networking and liaison with representatives of various organisations and industries enabling the club to take advantage of special offers, facilities and opportunities we may not have otherwise have been able to access. A very big thanks goes to Damian but he remains on the committee in an Immediate Past President’s role along with involvement in other activities.

Page: 4


PRESIDENT’S REPORT As the new committee builds momentum for the year, we’re asking any members who may be interested in contributing to the club – in any way they can – to get in touch and let us know how you can help out. There are plenty of projects we could use some help in putting together and completing. For example, the Christmas Party is a fantastic event each year but needs more than one person to pull it together. If you’re able to assist us – in any way you can – that would be greatly appreciated. Have a chat to any committee member to get involved. As far as my plans for the club go, there are many things I’d like to see us do over the next year and many things I’d like to see us plan for the next ten years! Some of you may have heard me mention my ‘5 Year Trip Plan’. It’s a list of trips I’d like the club to plan and do over the next five years. However, there’s a problem. The list has grown so much, it’s now – realistically – a ten year plan. It includes: ● The Blue Mountains ● Fraser Island ● Flinders Ranges ● Vic High Country (this is always ongoing!) ● Tasmania ● The Nullabor ● Carnarvon Gorge National Park ● Croajingalong National Park ● Corner Country & Dog Fence ● Anne Beadell Highway ● Tanami Track ● Canning Stock Route At this month’s General Meeting, we’re planning on having a bit of a planning/ discussion session about prospective trips to add to this list (anywhere you’d like to go?) and get an idea from you as to which you’d like to prioritise. These bigger trips, as evidenced by the Simpson Desert Trip last year, inherently take a long time to plan, commit to dates and then run. So, in order to ensure they do happen, we need to start planning now! Looking forward to seeing you at the September General Meeting and out on the road – wherever we may be heading. Stephen Whittaker President Page: 5


VICE-PRESIDENT’S REPORT The new committee met after the AGM to set a bit of an agenda for the coming year and to determine the roles that members would fill. But the first order of business was to welcome Jean Bellis to the committee. Jean asked to join, and the committee voted to accept her With the exception of the president, vice-president, secretary and treasurer the roles and responsibilities of the committee are not mandated. So the new committee is as follows: President Stephen Whittaker Vice President Jessica Walsh Secretary Peter Bellis Treasurer Bob Marshall Membership Martin Foot Editor Michael Hartshorne Resources Dale Rebgetz Events Coordinator Jean Bellis Trips Coordinator Jamie Scott Venue Coordinator Dale Rebgetz Venue Presentations Stephen Whittaker/Damian Stock You will notice that some of the roles have been split up to better suit the individual members. There is also room for another club member to join the committee, so if you are interested speak to one of the new committee members. Jessica Walsh Vice President

EDITOR’S REPORT Thanks to Martin for putting together last months magazine while I was away working.. The magazine deadline for next edition is Friday 17 October 2014. Send all copy to editor@subaru4wdvic.com.au

Page: 6


TRIP & SOCIAL REPORT COBAW STATE FOREST Date: 10am, Sun October 5 Rating: Difficult to Very Difficult Trip leader: Jessica Walsh, email: vice-president@subaru4wdvic.com.au Meeting: Jolly Miller Cafe, Brook St Sunbury This will not be a trip for the faint-hearted. The Cobaw State Forest is an area that can be extremely challenging. We will start in Sunbury and then make our way out to Lancefield before heading into the Forest. The conditions will very much determine the tracks that we will take so it will be a day of exploration. Bring something for lunch and afternoon tea and we will aim to be back on the bitumen by about 4pm. Vehicles need to be well prepared for a challenging day. A/T or better tyres, good clearance and underbody protection, recovery points front and rear, snatch strap, bow-shackles and a full size spare. If you have recovery tracks or a winch, then bring them along too.

LITTLE DESERT, BIG DESERT, WYPERFELD AND THE PINK LAKES TRIP Dates: Friday 31 October – Tuesday 4 November (Melbourne Cup Long Weekend) Trip Rating: Medium (to possibly Difficult) Trip Leader: Stephen Whittaker, email: venue@subaru4wdvic.com.au The Mallee region, in Victoria’s north-west, is a large and very special area of Victoria. Sand dunes, Mallee scrub, historic sites and lakes make this region unique. Starting at Mt Arapiles, we’ll head north through the Little Desert National Park to Dimboola, then on to Lake Hindmarsh. From here, we’ll head through the centre of the Big Desert and through Wyperfeld National Park visiting Chinaman’s Well, Milmed Rock and Lake Albacutya. We’ll then head north towards Underbool via Wirrengren Plain. Finally, we’ll visit the beautiful Pink Lakes on the southern side of MurraySunset National Park. This will be a fast-moving trip and challenging in spots Page: 7


TRIP & SOCIAL REPORT with some deep, soft sand expected. Trip rating is medium, with the possibility of some difficult sections. The plans for this moving trip, at this stage, are: Friday 31st November: Arrive Mt Arapiles Camping Ground – anytime you can/like. Saturday 1st November: BIG DAY – Mt Arapiles – through the Little Desert to Dimboola, then north to the Big Desert and Lake Hindmarsh – camp at Lake Hindmarsh or track-side camp in Wyperfeld National Park (along Chinaman’s Well Track). Sunday 2nd November: BIG DAY – Chinaman’s Well, Milmed Rock, Lake Albacutya. Camp near Wirrengren Plain. Monday 3rd November: Wirrengren Plain to the Pink Lakes via Underbool. Tuesday 4th November: Head home. CHRISTMAS PARTY Date:- Sunday 30 November Location:- To Be Confirmed ANGLESEA Date 14-15 February. Standard Easy to Medium. This will be an opportunity to do some sand driving and explore an area that the club has done little in. We will start at Winchelsea on Saturday morning and make our way to Anglesea to camp the night. Sunday we will again be back in the sand and exploring some of the Otways National Park to eventually finish at Lorne. Then it will be back home along the Great Ocean Road. Come for the whole weekend or just join us for one day. More details to come. Trip Leader :- Jean Bellis, email: events@subaru4wdvic.com.au OTHER TRIPS Still waiting for trip intentions in the period October to November, which could include touring and navigation runs. Page: 8


TRIP & SOCIAL REPORT Possible locations include: Cathedral Range Strathbogies Brisbane Ranges Murray River Regional Park (NSW) and Barmah State Forest (Vic) Lake Thomson Round Trip Mt Samaria State Park, south of Benalla Also, we need more social events, such as: Melbourne Laneways A Picnic at Hanging Rock Queenscliff Blues Train Puffing Billy Dinner & Dance Train Mornington Peninsula Jean Bellis & Jamie Scott Trip and Social Coordinators, email: events@subaru4wdvic.com.au

VENUE REPORT SEPTEMBER GENERAL MEETING Date: Tuesday 30 September at 8pm Venue: South Camberwell Tennis Club Presentation: It’s time we planned some trips for the long-term. Come along this month to let us know where you want to go. Ideally, we’d like to set up a 5-10 year plan of small, medium and big trips we’d like to undertake as a club. Where do you want to go? You don’t have to lead the trip – we’d just like to add it to the list! Door Prize: This month, we’ll be giving away a car wash kit – a bucket, sponge, chamois and a bottle of car wash soap. Venue Coordinator Page: 9


TRIP REPORTS PEDAL (OR DRIVE) TO COG BIKE CAFÉ FOR LUNCH DAY TRIP Saturday 13th September by Stephen Whittaker Spring decided to come out from its slumber and give us a magnificent day for our ride and drive to Cog Bike Café. That’s right, the forecast was sunny and 19 degrees – not a cloud in the sky. And as we all gathered at our meeting place, the Launching Place Hotel car park, we all commented that we couldn’t have asked for a better day. The plan; to cycle or drive to a little café called Cog on the Rail Trail in Warburton. But let’s go back about 18 hours to when the Trip Leader called his co-Trip Leader to ensure all was on track for him to lead the drive on Saturday. “Just wanted to see if everything was all good for tomorrow, Mike?” I asked. Silence followed, then, “What’s tomorrow?” With an extremely busy work schedule including interstate travel for the past month, Mike had completely forgotten about the day. Fine number one goes to the Trip Leader for not calling his co-Trip Leader until the evening before. And fine number two goes to Mike for forgetting the day was even happening! Mike was originally going to lead the drive from Launching Place to Cog, so it was back to the drawing board. A call was placed to Jessica who generously agreed to lead the drive (it didn’t take much convincing – thanks, Jess). Once we were all gathered, it was time to split into two groups – those on two wheels and those on four. Riding to Cog Bike Café were Damian, Jamie, Les, Nathan and Cory (Les’ grandsons/Jamie’s nephews), David, Antoinette, Anthony and Justin and myself. In the vehicles were Jessica, Phil and Elaine, Bob and Ruth, Peter and Edith, Charles and Paula and Tim. Bev was to meet us there. We waved those in the vehicles off and then we hit the rail trail. As it was such a perfect day, it was fantastic on the bike. We all just tootled along in no great hurry enjoying a very relaxing ride. There was just one small incident when Justin fell off his bike and hit the dirt. He was feeling a little worse for wear but after a rev-up from Mum and Dad, he was back on the bike again – and, not long later, leading the pack!! Meanwhile, those in the vehicles went via Three Bridges and Powelltown, then headed towards Noojee before turning left into the bush and heading north. The dirt road snaked along Big Creek Road to Starlings Gap Campsite. Then further north to the Woods Point Road. Turning left, they headed back through Warburton East and then to Warburton. Page: 10


TRIP REPORTS Around 300 meters from the Cog Bike Café and a little message greeted the cyclists on the track – “Welcome S4WDCV”. The cyclists arrived for lunch first… then waited and waited and waited… for those driving to show. Thirtyfive minutes later, they arrived. And we were then all together for a wonderful lunch. Doug and Michelle certainly looked after us with prime position on a large table out the front. Under a nice warm sun, we ate, drank, chatted and laughed. The food was magnificent, the company perfect. Just before we left, it was then time to present our hosts with their award. That’s right, we presented the two owners of a perfect café in Warburton with the Burnt Billy award – recently awarded to Doug and Michelle for turning up to a trip without any cooking gear or chairs! The award will now sit proudly in the Cog Bike Café. We bid farewell to Warburton and hit the road and the trail again. The drivers and cyclists met back at Launching Place. We bid farewell and headed home. Thanks to everyone for a simply perfect day. Thanks also to Jessica for leading, what sounded like, a great drive! It would be nice to do another bike ride again soon. Cyclists Stephen Whittaker Damian Stock Jamie Scott Les Scott Nathan & Cory David, Antoinette, Anthony & Justin Wilson

Bike Bike Bike Bike Bikes Bikes

Drivers & Passengers Jessica Walsh Phil & Elaine Milkins Bob & Ruth Marshall Peter & Edith Fullalove Charles & Paula Tam Tim Folliard

Pajero Surf Surf (with Milkins) Pajero Prado Land Cruiser

Bev Davison

Forester (met us there) Page: 11


CLUB CA Date

Event

2014 SEP

OCT

NOV+

Trip Standard

Tues 30 Sep

General Meeting

Sun 5

Cobaw State Forest

Tues 7

Committee Meeting

October, dates TBC 4WD Driver Course - basic Fri 31 Oct – Tue 4 Nov

Little Desert, Big Desert, Wyperfeld and the Pink Lakes Trip

Sun 30 Nov

Christmas Party

Sat 6 & Sun 7 Dec

Oxfam Christmas Tree deliveries

Sign

Vehicle Suitability

Easy Medium

All wheel drive and high range 4WD. Can be Suitable for medium clearance vehicles with d

Difficult Very Difficult

Suitable for medium to high clearance vehicles wit Suitable for high clearance vehicles with dual rang


ALENDAR Location

Standard Contact for further info. events@subaru4wdvic.com.au

CSTC

Dale Rebgetz

Sunbury

Jessica Walsh

Dale Rebgetz’s

Peter Bellis

TBA

Training Jessica Walsh

Western Victoria

Stephen Whittaker

TBA

Social

TBA

Suburban Melbourne

Social

Peter Bellis

low clearance with single range and road tyres. dual range and all terrain or road tyres.

th dual range and all terrain tyres. ge and tyres suitable for the terrain (eg. mud terrain tyres).

Cost


FOR SALE Forester Aluminium Bash Plates: made from 6.0mm construction grade aluminium: $300 for club members, $330 for non-members. Fitting can be arranged. Set of 4 alloy rims from Outback 1997 model, $120.00 ONO Roof console to hold CB + lights and switches for Outback $100.00 Contact: David Wilson, email: dw@subaru4wdvic.com.au Jessica’s Sale: 3x 225/60 R17 Yokohama Geolander G012 A/T-S tyres to suit the current Outback/Liberty. Two of them have been driven about 30,000km ($50 ea.) and the other is near new with about 4,000km of use ($100). Contact: Jessica Walsh. email: jw@subaru4wdvic.com.au Wheels and tyres: 5 x 16 inch Subaru wheels, with Geolander G900 tyres. These were my on-road wheels until recently. The spare tyre (on a pepperpot wheel) is virtually unused, the other tyres have no more than 20% tread remaining and one of them is U/R. All are about 10 years old. $25 each or $100 the lot (preferred). There is another wheel in need of a respray with a G900 that is close to U/R, so free to good home. Contact Martin, email: mship@subaru4wdvic.com.au The club makes this space available free of charge to members wishing to buy or sell items. Please note that the Motor Car Trader Regulations 1998-22(4) require that vehicles for sale advertisements must contain: (a) the cash price of the vehicle and; (b) the registration number if registered or the engine/chassis numbers if unregistered. Contact the club editor to advertise in this space.

Drive to the Cog Bike Cafe

Page: 14


CLUB MEETING MINUTES The general meeting of the Subaru 4WD Club of Victoria Inc was held on Tuesday, 26th August, 2014 at the South Camberwell Tennis Club starting at 8:12pm. 1. Present Peter Bellis, Jean Bellis, Edith Fullalove, Paul Saleeba, Peter Fullalove, Jessica Walsh, Stephen Whittaker, Katie Mynard, Bev Davison, Martin Foot, Ruth Marshall, Bob Marshall, Graham Gill, Les Scott, Peter Mynard, Jamie Scott, Phil Milkins, Elaine Milkins, Dale Rebgetz, Tim Folliard, Cynthia Rennolds, Damian Stock, Rick Koster. 2. Apologies David Wilson, Michael Hartshorne, Jan Aylott, Dorothy Greiveson, Kerry Gill, Elaine Hyde, Brian Howell, Glenys Howell, Lisa Jantke. 3. Visitors John King, Simon Storey. 4. Welcome A welcome was extended to all members and visitors. 5. Minutes of the Previous General Meeting The minutes of the July 2014 General Meeting were accepted without amendment after being moved by Katie Mynard and seconded by Jessica Walsh. There was no business arising from the minutes. 6. Correspondence 6.1 In ● Magazines from various 4WD clubs. ● Various emails concerning sales of various Subaru bits. 6.2 Out ● None 7. Reports 7.1 Resources ● Taking orders for club clothing – polo shirts, vests, jackets and caps. 7.2 Editor ● Thanks to Katie and Jean for the trip reports that were completed Page: 15


CLUB MEETING MINUTES in a very short time. corrections.

Also thanks to Damian for one or two

7.3 Trip and Social ● Details of upcoming trips and social events are elsewhere in the magazine. 7.4 Venue ● Details of future meetings are elsewhere in the magazine. ● Drinks are available tonight at $1.50. ● Have a number of door prizes tonight to be drawn after the AGM. 7.5 Membership. ● Have a few members whose 2015 membership fees are outstanding. 7.6 Treasurer ● Current bank account balance is $6,855.24. 7.7 Secretary ● Next committee meeting will be held on Saturday 6th September, 2014 at Damian Stock’s place in Wantirna starting at 10am. 7.8 Vice-President ● The last 4WD Victoria’s club presidents’ meeting was a useful meeting with the attendance of the new senator Ricky Muir. Working on standardisation of vehicle accessory requirements between states. ● 4WD Victoria is organising a “clean up the bush” activity from the bush over the next few months. A survey will be done first and the collection will occur later. ● Leisurefest is coming up in early October at the Sandown Race course. ● The Association now has 76 affiliated clubs and over 5,000 members. 7.9 President ● A fair bit of activity has been happening at Association level – meeting with Senator Ricky Muir, “Clean up the Bush”, feedback from club presidents, etc.

Page: 16


CLUB MEETING MINUTES 8. General Business ● The recent Offroad Show at the Melbourne Show grounds had lots of camper trailers and caravan, some tents but very little else for camping, and plenty of 4WD stuff. There did not appear to be a huge number of people there according to some members who attended. ● New president of the Pajero 4WD Club is Paul Hicks, ex Subaru Frankston. 9. Fines and Fun 9.1 Nametags ● Peter Bellis, Jean Bellis, Katie Mynard, Bev Davison, Peter Mynard, Les Scott, Jamie Scott. 9.2 Last to Meeting ● Rick Koster 9.3 Trips Snow Trip ● Peter Mynard – getting stuck in ice prior to fitting the snow chains. ● Andrew – sliding into a side drain. ● Peter – chainsaw was reluctant to start. Trivia Night ● There were no fines as the “Big Red” club team won. Other ● Martin for leaving the trip sheets behind. Total fines collected - $3.25. Meeting closed at 9:12pm. The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 28th September 2014 commencing at 8pm.

Page: 17


STANDARD TRIP EQUIPMENT & RECOVERY GEAR The aim of all Subaru 4WD Club of Victoria Inc. trips is to have an enjoyable experience in the bush, increasing 4WDing skills and experience, whilst maintaining the highest regard for the safety of individuals, the vehicle and the environment. As a driver you have ultimate responsibility for the safety of your passengers and vehicle. It is the responsibility of any participating driver to contact individual trip leaders for clarification of individual trip requirements and standards. Financial members are encouraged to participate in as many trips as possible to increase confidence and experience. Visitors are welcome subject to the payment of the appropriate levy to cover insurance, but after two visits, should consider membership. Non-financial members are not covered by insurance and may not participate until payment is received. Individual drivers with concerns or queries regarding their vehicle and the trip standard should contact relevant trip leaders. The Subaru 4WD Club of Victoria Inc. recommends that each vehicle carry the following items of equipment on every trip: a) Personal details form as specified by FWDV, copy to Trip Leader b) Two Rated D- Shackles (minimum 3.2t); c) Rated “Snatch’em” Strap; d) Recovery Points, Front & Rear; plus optional bridle strap, according to vehicle design; e) AM (27Mhz) Channel 5 or UHF (477Mhz) Channel 16 CB Radio; f) Fire Extinguisher, accessible to the driver; g) Spare Tyre (full size); h) Jack and Wheel Brace, or equivalent; i) Emergency Supplies (matches, food, water and clothing); j) Sufficient Fuel, Oil and Water for the trip and delays; k) A Tyre Pressure Gauge; Compressor (according to the trip) l) An Axe, Bow or Chain saw; m) A Sturdy Shovel (collapsible shovels are no good); n) Spare Parts (appropriate to the nature of the Trip); o) A Tool Kit; p) Personal First Aid Kit; q) The Vehicle Manual. Any vehicle not carrying at least the first five (5) items of equipment should contact the individual Trip Leader before leaving. Any Club member unsure about any of the items of equipment listed above are advised to contact the the Trip and Social Coordinator or the Trip Leader concerned. All Trip Leaders carry a complete First Aid Kit in case of emergency. All nonemergency medical needs are expected to be meet by individuals own medical supplies.

Page: 18


RESOURCES We have plenty of resources to sell. We may have many, some or none of the following items so if you are interested in any of these then please come along to the club meeting and I will be very happy to sell them to you. Correct change will be much appreciated. $ Hat Oiled Skin size 55

20.00

Hat Safari size 59

20.00

Short sleeve blue chambray shirt with logo Size 14

30.00

Long sleeve blue chambray shirt with logo Size M

60.00

New Style Red Polo Shirts (M, L, XL, 2XL)

30.00

New Style Vest

60.00

New Style Jacket

70.00

Blue Polo Shirt

15.00

Large Sew on Badges

3.50

Small Sew on Badges

2.00

Fuel Filter Plastic x 45deg.

5.00

Fuel Filter Plastic x 90deg.

5.00

Fuel Filter Plastic x Straight

5.00

eFlare HZ510 Red with Base

55.00

CV Boot Clamps Large & Small

3.00

CV Joint Grease

4.00

Wheel Nuts [Set of 4]

1.60

MSP Engine Formulation (oil additive) UHF Radio 80 Channel DIN size

50.00 115.00

For substantial discounts on all general automotive spare parts, oils, filters, shocks, etc., please see me for details. Thanks, Dale Rebgetz Resources Officer, email: resources@subaru4wdvic.com.au Page: 19


COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES Minutes of the meeting of the committee of the Subaru 4WD Club of Victoria Inc held on Saturday 6th September 2014 at the home of Damian Stock starting at 10am. 1. Present Damian Stock, Dale Rebgetz, Jessica Walsh, Martin Foot, Bob Marshall, Stephen Whittaker, Jamie Stock, Peter Bellis, Andrew Jantke, Jean Bellis. 2. Apologies: Phil Milkins, Michael Hartshorne. 3. Quorum: A quorum was achieved with 8 committee members present. 4. Appointment of Ordinary Committee Member As permitted under rule 57a, the committee appointed Jean Bellis as an ordinary member of the committee. The motion was moved by Jessica and seconded by Stephen. 5. Minutes of the Previous Meeting 5.1 Minutes of the August 2014 committee meeting were accepted without amendment. 5.2 Business Arising from the Minutes and Outstanding Actions 5.2.1 Delegate’s nomination form – Peter to complete. 5.2.2 Club perpetual calendar – done. 5.2.3 New club clothing order form – done. 6. Correspondence 6.1 In ● 4WD Victoria Leisurefest Cancellation of 4WD Victoria general meeting. ● 4B Fabrication and Tuning – club car tuning event day ● Subaru 4WD Club of South Australia’s magazine 6.2 Out ● Ringwood Trade Centre – letter of appreciation for being able to use the facility for the July meeting, and a $100 donation. 7. Reports 7.1 Resources ● Club clothing Page: 20


COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES Have received adequate orders from members to place an order. Expect delivery by the September meeting. Will order 4 spare polo shirts – 2 medium and 2 large – and 4 spare caps. ● Have some old filters, wheel nuts, etc in stock. Will write off the stock and Damian/Jamie will take the stock and evaluate it. Also have some Subaru key rings, map bags, etc, in stock. These will be handed over to Venue for use as door prizes. ● Request was made for the club to donate a trip DVD to 4WD Victoria for use at shows and meetings. 7.2 Trip and Social ● Details of forthcoming trips and social events elsewhere in the magazine. ● Croajingalong – possibly Easter 2015. ● Tasmania – possibly March 2015. ● Need to put into place a longer term trip calendar for big trips. 7.3 Venue ● Details of future club meetings elsewhere in the magazine. ● Not much organised at the moment. ● Have plenty of door prizes on hand that will cover quite a few meetings. 7.4 Membership ● Need to order the new committee nametags. ● Currently have 4 members who have not renewed their membership. ● Will follow up with some potential members. ● Outstanding memberships need to be followed up. 7.5 Editor ● September magazine will be only sent to members who have renewed. ● Will email the club’s magazine to both members in family/joint memberships. 7.6 Treasurer ● Current bank account balance is $6,988.49. 7.7 Secretary: Nothing to report. Page: 21


COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES 7.8 Vice-President: Nothing to report. 7.9 President: Looking forward to the next twelve months. 8. Annual General Meeting ● Peter needs to update vice president’s report in the Annual Report for recirculation to members. ● Calling of nominations for positions – current practice is that nominations are only sought from the floor of the AGM for positions that remain vacant after the receival of written nominations. However, this appears to not be in line with the club’s constitution (rules 51 and 52). The committee requested that the constitution sub-committee be reformed to review the rules governing nomination and election of committee members. Sub-committee will comprise of Jessica and Peter, and Stephen will attend if available. 9. General Business ● Club delegate to 4WD Victoria Need to appoint some members to be the club’s delegate to meetings of 4WD Victoria. Delegates will be the president and vice-president, with the secretary and resource co-ordinator as alternates. ● Map books – available for collection. ● Non-members attending meetings – visitors to club meetings need to be encouraged to join and commit to the club after attending a few consecutive meetings. ● Surplus cash – the club should consider transferring some of the excess fund into the term deposit. ● Club trophies – two trophies, burnt billy and silver socket, are running out of room for new names. The committee will need to decide a few months’ ahead of next year’s AGM as to what to do with the trophies. ● Club banners – need to do another one or two banners in a style similar to the current one to assist in the promotion of the club. 10. New Committee ● Roles / handover Events co-ordinator (formerly trip and social) – Jean, with Jamie looking after the trips. Membership – Martin, with continuing responsibility for magazine distribution. Page: 22


COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES Resources – Dale. Venue – is it a role that can be split between organising the meeting and organising guest speakers? Dale has agreed to take on managing the venue, with Damian and Stephen taking on organising guest speakers and promotional items. Immediate past president – Damian. Editor – Michael. ● The committee needs to recruit other members of the club to fill the remaining vacant committee positions. ● The committee needs to seek members to be involved in subcommittee projects, such as the club’s 40th anniversary, archiving of club records / photographs / etc, club website, etc. 11. Club Responsibility ● The club has not been involved in many community activities lately (eg. bushfire relief, drought support, Camp Host program). ● There will be an opportunity in the near future to be involved in the “clean up the bush” activity that 4WD Victoria will be doing in conjunction with DEPI and Parks Victoria. It will allow the club raise its profile in the community and return something to the community. ● It is possible to seek funding through various State Government grants to help pay for training and equipment towards such activities. ● A sub-committee will be formed to pre-prepare application templates for various types of projects that the club would be willing to undertake. Jessica will chair the sub-committee and “press gang” various other club members to assist. 12. e-Trip ● It is an electronic trip organiser and so, would replace our current paper based system. ● It needs to be in place by the end of this calendar year. ● The Communication sub-committee will take this on, with Damian chairing the sub-committee of Michael, Stephen, Martin and Dale. 13. Next Meeting will be held on Tuesday 7th October 2014 at 7:30pm at the home of Dale Rebgetz. 14. Meeting closed at 3:05pm.

Page: 23


Subaru 4WD Club of Victoria - September 2014 magazine online version  
Subaru 4WD Club of Victoria - September 2014 magazine online version  

The monthly magazine of the Subaru 4WD Club of Victoria Inc., online version for September 2014

Advertisement