34-79-TGGEB18-NPP-A-M-CREEP.qxp_1 12/28/17 7:52 PM Page 34
OF THE MIDLANDS
DULT & TEEN CHALLENGE We exist to be a catalyst for 180-degree life change in the life of the addict.
INCE 1974, ADULT & TEEN CHALLENGE of the Midlands has been restoring hope to those struggling with drug and alcohol addiction. We are one of the largest, most effective faith-based programs in the Midlands with men’s programs in Colfax, Iowa and Omaha, Nebraska and a women’s center in Beatrice, Nebraska.
GIVING OPPORTUNITIES: • Annual Fund: One-time donation to help put hope within reach of those trapped in addiction.
Adult & Teen Challenge of the Midlands offers a long-term, 12-month, faith-based program for adults 18 and older. The program is designed to assist individuals in freedom from drugs and alcohol and the life-destructive behaviors that accompany it. We also support the spouses and families of those enrolled in the program through our family ministry.
• Monthly Support: Recurring donations to directly support the program. • Sponsor a Student: Pledge $1,200 a month to ensure every student has the ability to transform their life.
• Evening of Impact: Annual spring dinner. Be a corporate sponsor at $5,000 or a Table Sponsor at $400.
• Annual Golf Marathon: Be a corporate sponsor at $5,000, a Hole Sponsor at $1,000, or golf yourself.
Participants work to overcome self-destructive patterns associated with their substance abuse while developing positive life skills. The program is divided into four phases, each designed to build on the foundation of the previous phase.
• Vehicle Donation Program: As heard on KFAB, call (888) 344-HOPE (4673) • Omaha Gives!
• Phase 1 – Recognition of destructive and habitual thoughts that lead to substance abuse. • Phase 2 – Focus on healing the wounds of past failures and broken relationships. • Phase 3 – Character development and spiritual growth with a discovery process identifying personal strengths and setting individuals goals. • Phase 4 – Re-Entry and Continuing Care Planning includes employment/educational plans, financial planning, relationship skills, support system evaluation, leadership skills and relapse prevention.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: • Mentoring • Group Projects • Remodeling Projects • Prayer • Other Volunteer Opportunities
Adult & Teen Challenge of the Midlands also facilities the adolescent prevention program Know The Truth which is an evidence-based drug and alcohol prevention program geared toward junior high and high school students. Know The Truth partners with schools and the community to educate students and parents on the risks of substance abuse through sharing both evidence and personal experience. ADULT & TEEN CHALLENGE OF THE MIDLANDS 2916 N 58th St. • Omaha, NE 68104 Phone (402) 551-2322 www.tcmid.org Regional Director: Warren Hunsberger Director of Adult Programs: Michael Hunsberger Omaha Executive Director: Adam Nordstrom Beatrice Executive Director: Curtis and Teressa Barnes To donate contact: Adam Nordstrom, Executive Director • (402) 305-5825 To volunteer contact: Kyle Olson • (402) 551-2322 2018
WISH LIST: • New appliances: washers, dryers, deep freezers, etc. • New twin mattresses • New windows • Household items
THE GIVING GUIDE
From the Publisher
The Giving Guide & Event Book is published annually by ALH Publications, Inc. - publishers of metroMAGAZINE's mQUARTERLY. metroMAGAZINE/mQU...