80-110-TGGEB18-NPP-N-Z-CREEP.qxp_1 12/28/17 10:03 PM Page 101
The mission of Ronald McDonald House Charities in Omaha is to create and operate programs that directly improve the health and well-being of children.
T RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE CHARITIES in Omaha, we’re for the fighters. The caregivers. The ones who have packed up their families and sick children, traveled hundreds of miles to an unfamiliar city, skipped meals, lost sleep, cried silently, fought ferociously, and hoped for the best even when faced with the worst. Our House is a home away from home for families seeking medical treatment for their critically ill children in one of Omaha’s incredible area hospitals. It’s a place where these fighters can refuel for the battles ahead, and be surrounded by other caregivers every step of the way. A place where they can rally around the hope of a healthier tomorrow. With more than 6,500 lodging nights annually, we provide families with warm beds, hot showers, meals, laundry facilities, family-friendly kitchens, playrooms, and a playground — all of the basic essentials of home. Further, the Ronald McDonald House environment includes a built-in support system where families are able to connect with each other, forming an interdependent network of resources and collaboration. The cost to provide our services is approximately $120 per night, per family, and no family is ever turned away due to an inability to pay the $15 suggested donation. Unfortunately, our 20-room House has been operating with a waiting list of 8-10 families for the last 18 months. We’ve had to turn families away more than 700 times each of the last two years, so we are in the process of expanding our House by 100%. Our Hope and Healing Expansion is the first of its kind in North America – through collaboration with local partners, we will provide a comprehensive healing community for 40 families all under one roof. The project is scheduled to be completed in early 2019.
GIVING OPPORTUNITIES: • Annual Fund – Give the gift of togetherness with a donation to our annual fund. For $120, you can support a family for one night at RMHC. Donations accepted at www.rmhcomaha.org.
• Capital Campaign – Make a long-term impact for many families by contributing to our $10.3 million campaign. More details at RallyAroundHope.org.
• Planned Giving – Provide a lasting legacy to RMHC and the families we support. • In-Kind Gifts – We are always in need of various household supplies and food items to care for the families and maintain the House. We also enlist the help of organizations who donate services (printing, yard care, etc).
• Pop Tabs – More than 600 groups collect an average of 30 million pop tabs every year for us to recycle for cash to pay the electric bill all year for the House.
• Corporate & Event Sponsorships – We have three exciting signature events every year: RMHC in Omaha Golf Tournament, Wings & Wheels Gala, and Kids & Clays Sporting Clays Tournament.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: • Meals that Heal – Every night, a different group will sign up to plan, shop for and cook dinner for the families. On weekends, groups can serve breakfast or dinner.
• Events – Friendly and fun volunteers are always needed at our signature events and third party fundraisers.
• Pop Tabs – Individual and group opportunities are available to help us track and transport pop tabs to the recycling center.
• Activities for Families – Plan a game night or afternoon of arts & crafts for the families. Tickets to family events are always welcome.
• Front Desk – This is the hub of the House and friendly, helpful individuals are vital to help families and visitors.
RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE CHARITIES IN OMAHA, INC 620 S 38th Ave. • Omaha, NE 68105 Phone (402) 346-9377 www.rmhcomaha.org Executive Director: Lindsey Rai Reasner Board President/Chairman: Scott Searl, Sr. Vice President and General Counsel, BH Media Group To volunteer contact: Emily Mozer, Volunteer and Events Manager • (402) 346-9377 2018
WISH LIST: • Paper towels
• On-the-go breakfast items (granola bars, K-cups, etc.)
• Disinfectant spray
• Trash bags (30-gallon size or larger)
THE GIVING GUIDE
From the Publisher
• Ziploc bags (quart & gallon sizes)
The Giving Guide & Event Book is published annually by ALH Publications, Inc. - publishers of metroMAGAZINE's mQUARTERLY. metroMAGAZINE/mQU...