BUILDINGS – Arts and Culture – Commercial Offices – Convention Centres – Hotels and Leisure – Mixed-use Developments – Parking Structures – Residential – Retail / Shopping Malls – Sports Facilities / Stadia CIVIC – Defense – Educational – Public – Healthcare / Hospitals INFRASTRUCTURE – Environmental Management – Waste Management – Water & Wastewater – Energy Generation and Distribution INDUSTRIAL & MANUFACTURING – Distribution Centres – Industrial – Pharmaceutical – Petrochemical INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY, RESEARCH AND COMMUNICATIONS TELECOMMUNICATIONS – Data Centres – Life Sciences and Biotech – Power Systems – Telecommunications SUSTAINABILITY – Green Buildings & Architecture – Energy Audits & Conservation TRANSPORTATION – Aviation – Bridges – Highways – Ports – Railways / Metros – Tunnels URBAN LAND DEVELOPMENT – Built Environment – Conservation and Restoration – Urban Regeneration – Urban Infrastructure
WE DELIVER THE BEST RESULTS FOR OUR CLIENTS THROUGH EXPERIENCED PROFESSIONALS DRIVEN BY CULTURE OF PASSION, INNOVATION & EXCELLENCE.
One of the few design and
management services across
Our geographical reach and
engineering firms in the world
a wide range of market
diverse expertise allow us to
that offers comprehensive
sectors. Both the International
identify opportunities and
range of services, Meinhardt
and Asian headquarters for
deliver highly innovative
has been a pioneering force
the Group are incorporated in
engineering services globally.
in the engineering industry
Singapore. Today, the Group
With a distinguished track
since its inception in 1955.
has 45 permanent offices
record, Meinhardt continues
Known for its engineering
globally and employs more
to lead the way for its
expertise and a successful
than 4,300 professional staff.
forward thinking and creative
history of project delivery,
Leveraging on our strong
solutions, and building a
Meinhardt Group is a global
international presence, each
reputation as one of the
multi-disciplinary firm that
of our offices operates as an
most trusted and respected
provides the full spectrum
integral part of the Group
engineering firms in the world
of integrated engineering,
to support our clients across
infrastructure and project
the continental borders.
Tornado Tower Qatar Marina Bay Financial Centre Singapore
Asia Square Towers Singapore
Ocean Heights Dubai, UAE
568 Collins Street Tower Melbourne, Australia
The Sail @ Marina Bay Singapore
One Raffles Place Singapore
One Raffles Quay Singapore
Signature Towers Dubai, UAE
One Shenton Singapore
OUE Bayfront Singapore
HSBC Building Singapore
The Dubai Mall Dubai, UAE
IFC Project Wu Xi China One Island East Hong Kong
Dubai Festival City Dubai, UAE
Thamrin Nine Jakarta, Indonesia
Nairobi Tower, Kenya
MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA
Offices in Middle East Abu Dhabi, Doha, Dubai, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat Tehran & Riyadh
Offices in Africa Cairo, Nairobi & Rwanda
Since 1995, Meinhardt Group has managed and provided key integrated engineering services in the Middle East and Africa regions, covering projects in the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kenya Iran, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Rwanda and Turkey. Harnessed with the full support of our global experience and resources, the Middle East and Africa region has become one of our fastest growing businesses in recent years, employing over 450 staff across 11 offices.
One of the Largest International Project Management and Integrated A/E Services Company
Expatriate & Local Professional Staff in the region
Our offices are strategically located, with the capabilities to lead and undertake Superâ€“Scale buildings and infrastructure projects in the region and beyond. In expanding our reach in a significant way, Meinhardt has not only demonstrated resilience and flexibility in adapting to a new environment and the needs of our clients, but also our professional excellence through strong and reliable performance. We are proud to have introduced several
innovative engineering and construction techniques to the region which have made transformatory impact to our projects and the industry at large. Through the years, Meinhardt has evolved to play a greater role in serving our clients by offering specialist skills in the areas of Lead Consultancy, Project Management, FaĂ§ade, Lighting Design, Environmental, Aviation, Infrastructure as well as other specific capabilities such as geotechnical and seismic engineering.
Tornado Tower Burj-Al-Arab Hotel King Abdullah Financial District Dubai Festival Mall
Al Hamra Tower
The Address Hotel Dubai Mall
Omar Shahzad Group CEO Meinhardt Group
“Our unwavering focus on our clients, our profession and our engineers has given us a unique edge in the industry, putting Meinhardt in a leading global position”
Guided by the wisdom that comes from over sixty years of experience, Meinhardt continues to be ranked as one of the top engineering firms globally, an accomplishment we have achieved by building and sustaining competitive advantages through innovation.
As engineers, the work we do plays a major role in shaping the built environment. At Meinhardt, we thrive in our ability to bridge the architectural concept and construction challenges with equally ingenious solutions which optimize construction cost, quality and time. Leveraging on our global expertise, we have helped our clients’ projects shine through, weaving in rich imaginations and extending our design beyond the realms of traditional engineering. Given our credentials and ability to deliver projects of all types and complexity, we continue to enjoy a high level of repeat business and long-term relationships with clients.
In the same spirit, our valued clients have continued to rely on us to address their most challenging initiatives because we speak their language and embrace their goals as our own. Through strategic partnerships and synergy, we successfully deliver our clients’ vision. Meinhardt Group is fully committed to the Middle East and Africa region. Given our relevant expertise and experience globally and within Middle East and Africa, we are gearing up to play our due role in helping to transform the urban landscape in the region. We are also committed to cultivate local talent through rigorous training and exposure. This brochure showcases our commitment to our clients, our profession and our staff to deliver pioneering engineering solutions that will set new standards in engineering excellence.
Turning your vision into reality requires expertise, strong leadership and the right team. We combine a ‘one-stop shop’ approach with a ‘can-do’ attitude. In the dynamic world today, we recognise that while it is important to have talented individuals in our team, our decisive advantage lies in our ability to harness our peoples’ potential. Coupled with the conducive environment that promotes teamwork, we are poised to advance the industry standard – leading the way into the future. Our approach to lead consultancy is different to conventional thinking. As an engineering led firm, Meinhardt prides itself in
delivering projects via cutting edge solutions that optimize construction costs and save time. Our local team is hands on with the Meinhardt way during the construction stage to ensure quality and maintaining international standards for health and safety at site. Meinhardt is truly able to undertake the single point of responsibility by either providing all the services in house or by collaborating with one of its trusted architectural partners.
4,000 acres total builtâ€“up area.
square meter total GFA along Dubai Creek
ALADDIN CITY Dubai, UAE
Meinhardt in association with IDS (International Design Studio) is providing Lead Consultancy and full spectrum of Engineering and Architectural services for the Aladdin City in Dubai. Inspired by characters from Arabian Nights, this mega mixed-use development complex will feature three towers, designed to resemble Aladdin’s magic lamp, linked by air-conditioned bridges with moving walkways. Tower-1 will accommodate a hotel (256 rooms, or 128 hotel apartments + related facilities) and Towers 2 & 3 will be occupied by prestige offices. Total GFA of 150,000m² including circulation, services, vertical cores and parking station. Located above the historic Dubai Creek, the pedestrian bridge offers welcoming walk through the airspace of the port overlooking the heritage shipping activities, while the towers will offer sweeping panoramic urban views across the creek towards the horizon of the old and new Dubai. When completed in 2020 in time for the Dubai Expo, the Aladdin City’s towers will be icons of legends of the past with a touch of beauty and tourism characteristic of the city.
Client / Developer: Dubai Municipality Architect: International Design Studio (IDS) Completion: 2020 Services: Lead Consultancy, Project Management, Architectural, Interior Designing, Landscape, Civil, Structural, MEP Engineering, Façade & BMU, Fire Engineering, Geo Technical, Quantity Surveying, Vertical Transportation, Waste Management, Wind Tunneling, Acoustics, Architectural Lighting and way finding.
1. Signature Towers & Dubai Financial Market, Business Bay Dubai, UAE Comprising of three offices standing at 357.5 meters with 81 story’s respectively, a 65 story hotel standing at 291.6 meters, a 52 story residential tower standing at 230.1 meters and a 4 story Stock Exchange Building. Client: Dubai Properties Services: Lead Consultant, Project Management, Civil, Structural, MEP Engineering, Façade and Fire Engineering
2. Island City Abu Dhabi, UAE An AED 800 million development, with a built–up area of 1.3 million square feet, consisting of a luxury hotel, residences, retail and townhouses. Client: Darwish Bin Ahmed & Sons Group Completion: 2009 Services: Lead Consultant, Lead Architect Project Management, Civil, Structural and MEP Engineering
3. The Lagoons Area 2 Dubai, UAE A 7.1 million square feet mixed use development (retail and residential), consisting of 21 blocks of 10-20 story towers. Meinhardt is providing Lead Consultancy, Project Management, Architectural, Interior Designing, Landscape, Civil, Structural, MEP Engineering, Façade & BMU, Fire Engineering, Geo Technical, Quantity Surveying, Vertical Transportation, Waste Management, Wind Tunneling, Acoustics, Architectural Lighting and way finding. Client: Sama Dubai Completion: 2008 Design completed Services: Lead Consultant, Civil, Structural, MEP Engineering, Façade and Architectural
4. Tabreed District Cooling Plant 1 & 2 Abu Dhabi, UAE A cooling system development comprising of two separate central chilled water plants, 6 x 2,000RT and 4 x 1,200RT chillers for Plant 1 and 2 respectively, 15,000 RTH chilled water storage tank, 4 x 3 MW natural gas engine generator at Plant 1, and other facilities. The total built–up area of the two plants is approximately 4,100 m² and 3,100 m² respectively. Client: Samsung Corporation Completion: 2004 Services: Lead Consultant, Civil, Structural, MEP Engineering and Architectural
5. Kuwait Olympic Village Kuwait A 25,000 seat Stadium, 3 Games Hall, a Swimming Complex and other auxiliary facilities, with a total built–up area of 2.67 million square feet. Client: Public Authority for Housing Welfare Completion: 2018 Services: Lead Consultant, Civil, Structural, MEP Engineering, Façade, Architectural and Landscaping
6. University of Bahrain: College of Engineering Sakhir, Bahrain The 544,912 square feet new college campus consists of 11 buildings, of which 8 are for academic purposes, a college auditorium, a lecture theatre and a multipurpose hall. Client: University of Bahrain Completion: 2013 Services: Lead Consultant, Civil, Structural, MEP Engineering, Façade and Architecture
7. City Centre Najma Doha, Qatar Consisting of two luxurious hotel and serviced apartment towers, a 4-storey retail mall and 4-levels of basement parking, with a total built–up area of 3.27 million square feet. Client: AAMAL (Al Faisel Holding) Completion: 2016 Services: Lead Consultant, Civil, Structural, MEP Engineering, Façade and Architecture.
8. South Border Housing (SBH) at Jizan & Najran and South Border Housing Extension (SBHE) at Aseer, Al Qamah and Dhahran Al Janoub, Saudi Arabia Housing developments for MOI including schools, recreation facilities, Mosques, Clinics, Military Police Building, Warehouse and Workshop, Desalination Stations, Fuel Stations and Sewage Treatment Plants. Total built–up area is 3.1 million square meter. Client: Ministry of Interior (MOI) Contractor (SBH): ABV Rock / IVRCL Contractor (SBHE): El Seif Engineering Contracting Co Architect: International Design Studio (IDS) Completion: 2017 Services: Lead Consultant, Architectural, C&S Engineering, MEP Engineering and Infrastructure adaptation
Our approach to engineering is to dispense with conventional thinking and constantly push boundaries to deliver bespoke, innovative and often pioneering engineering solutions. We provide comprehensive services across a multitude of engineering disciplines. We adopt integrated design approach that incorporates civil, structural, building services faรงade engineering and other key design components as inherent parts of our design philosophy. This strategy synergises the services from various disciplines and delivers superior value preventing delays and cost overruns by providing fully coordinated and compatible solutions which enable efficiencies
and savings to be achieved, performance to be enhanced and informed decisions to be made by all stakeholders. We see our clients as our business partners. It is our mission to work in synergy with them to ensure they meet their business objectives, because when they win, we win. Beyond offering cutting-edge design technology and fully integrated solutions, we are mindful of keeping an open mind to embrace the changing needs of our clients.
Worldâ€™ s largest shopping mall
Extensive use of CFD modelling utilised
Piling contract was awarded in 4 months
Largest District Cooling Plant in Downtown Dubai
Million square feet
Able to mobilize our global resources readily for a fast track project
THE DUBAI MALL AND THE ADDRESS HOTEL Dubai, UAE
The Dubai Mall is a centerpiece of Downtown Burj Dubai, which is a 500-acre mega–development by Emaar Properties that was described as the new heart of the city. Located next to the iconic Burj Khalifa, the tallest tower in the world, The Dubai Mall is the largest mall in the world–spreading over an area of 12 million square feet with 5.9 million square feet of internal floor area and 3.77 million square feet of gross leasable area. There are over 1,200 stores offering a retail mix unmatched by another other mall in the world.
Client: Emaar Properties PJSC Completion: 2008 Services: Lead Engineer, Civil, Structural, MEP Engineering, Site Consultancy, Construction Supervision and Façade
NAIROBI TOWER Kenya
Meinhardt is providing lead engineering, structural and MEP services for the Nairobi Towers. The proposed development comprises of two high rise buildings (300m 66-story office tower and 201m 40-story hotel) with a retail podium over four floors car parking. When completed in 2018, Nairobi Towers will be the tallest building in Africa.
Client: White Lotus Group Completion: 2018 Services: Lead Engineer, Structural, Civil, MEP, Facade and Acoustics Engineering
When completed in 2018 Nairobi Tower 300m will be the tallest building in Africa.
Through our site investigation QA Programme 21,000 non– conformances have been identified
KING ABDULLAH FINANCIAL DISTRICT Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
The King Abdullah Financial District Project is visionary in time, location, Design Peer Review for Structural Performance for the 77–Storey Capital Market Authority Tower
scope and quality. Consists of financial hubs with the 385 meters high Financial Market Tower at the heart of the district, financial academy and recreational facilities, totaling a built–up area of 387 million square feet.
Largest real estate project in the world with GFA of 5m2
Meinhardt is reporting directly to the client to ensure that the works are in accordance with the approved drawings, specifications and internationally accepted best practices and standards.
Client: Rayadah Investment Company Completion: 2016 Services: Client Representative QA/QC and Value Engineering
1. Sheikha Fatima Bint Mubarak Park Abu Dhabi, UAE The project consists of the re-development of an existing kids park located in Al Khalidiya district of Abu Dhabi City. The project vision is as per the design and development of the approved concept masterplan. The brief is to celebrate Sheikha Farima Bint Mubarakâ€™s Vision, creating an environment for women, families and Children. Client: Capital Investment Completion: 2018 Services: Lead Engineer for design and supervision consultancy services
2. Celestia Hotel Serviced Apartment Dubai, UAE Located in Dubai World Central Residential City, the 8-floor complex comprises of studios, one and two bedroom apartments, including retail and lifestyle facilities. Client: DAMAC Services: Lead Engineer, Waste Management, Vertical Transportation, Sustainability, FaĂ§ade, BMU, Architectural Lighting
3. Alaatedah Mall Doha, Qatar 5 interconnected buildings consisting of 650 shops with a total builtâ€“up area of 861,112 square feet and 2 parking buildings with 1,600 parking spaces each.
Client: Barwa Real Estate Completion: 2017 Services: Lead Engineer, Civil, Structural, MEP Engineering and AOR Services
4. Lusail Waterfront Hotel Doha, Qatar Containing a 33-storey hotel, water park and retail facilities, the development has a total builtâ€“up area of 581.2 million square feet. Client: Al Bandary Real Estate Completion: July 2015 (Design) Services: Lead Engineer, Civil, Structural, MEP Engineering and Site Supervision
5. Port Views Dubai, UAE
The Project consists of 4 Residential building located in Port Rasheed Area in Madinat Al Melaheya, within a larger mixed-use development including residential buildings, retail facilities, together with open space and public community services, as part of the Port View Master Plan located between Jumeirah Road and Al Mina Road, designed to uplift and improve the area. BUA is approximately 1,000,000 sq.ft. Client: Al Wasl Properties Completion: 2018 Services: Lead Engineer, Design consultancy services
6. Dubai South Village Phase 1A & 2B Dubai, UAE
7. Bayt Al Fann Jameel Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
The first phase of “The Villages” will be focused on providing a fully serviced community complete with apartments, townhomes, limited street level retail, community retail center, parks and parking facilities.
Bayt Al Fann Jameel, Jeddah provides a permanent place to showcase and celebrate the achievements of Saudi and Middle Eastern Contemporary Artists. The BUA is around 16,000m2.
Client: Dubai South Completion: 2017 Services: Lead Engineer, MEP Engineering, C&S Engineering, Vertical Transportation, Acoustics, Waste Management.
Client: Abdul Lateef Jameel Community Initiatives ( ALJCI ) Completion: 2018 Services: Lead Engineer, Civil, Structural MEP, Façade, Lightining, Vertical Transportation, Acoustics, Audio Visual, Waste Management
8. One & Only, Al Seef, Manama, Bahrain
9. Aspire Park Mall Qatar
Consisting of Hotels, Villas, Gourmet Restaurants, Tetail and a One&Only spa, with a total built–up area of 376,736 square feet.
An all-inclusive shopping centre featuring a Botanical Garden with kid’s entertainment, educational facilities and parking area, all within 731,945 square feet.
Client: Seven Holdings SPC Completion: 2017 Services: Lead Engineer, Structural and MEP Engineering
Client: Aspire Zone Foundation Completion: 2014 (Concept design) Services: Lead Engineer, Civil, Structural, MEP Engineering and Façade
10. Residential Apartment Twin Tower Complex at Business Bay Dubai, UAE With a GFA of approx. 44,000m2 and comprises of 2 residential towers and shared podium the project is a proposed Residential Apartment Twin Tower located in Business Bay, Dubai, UAE. Client: Durar Properties Completion: 2020 Services: Lead Engineer, Design and Supervision Consultancy Service
11. The Pearl Viva Bahriya, Doha, Qatar A man-made island offshore the Arabian Gulf, featuring 29 blocks of 20-24 storey residential towers, 2 level semi-basement carpark, townhouses and retail facilities, with a total builtâ€“up area of 42.9 million square feet. Client: United Development Company Completion: 2011 Services: Lead Engineer, Civil, Structural and MEP Engineering
12. Capital Plaza Corniche Abu Dhabi The 5 tower development comprising of a 31–storey hotel tower, 3 blocks of 45–storey residential towers and a 9-storey retail podium and 4–levels of basement parking. Total built–up area of 2.36 million square feet. Client: Reisco PMC Completion: 2010 Services: Lead Engineer, Civil, Structural and MEP Engineering
13. Didar Complex Tehran, Iran Didar Complex will be built on a plot area of 12,900m² in northern Tehran. This is a mixed used development project comprising of hotel and shopping centre. Meinhardt is providing structural engineering and design services for the retail façade structural glass façade and other building facades. 13
Client: Toseh Omran Ham Amdishan Didar Completion: 2020 Services: Lead Engineer, Architectural, Civil, Structural, MEP Engineering, Traffic Impact Study, Vertical Transportation
Engineering our collective future as we deliver solutions for the world today, our sights are focused on possibilities for tomorrow. Maintaining a forward-looking approach, we are ever ready to engineer a brighter future. Six decades and counting, we strive to not only embrace the changing times, but also leverage our growing strength to develop unique and real solutions to global challenges. We stay committed to engineer our collective future. Meinhardt offers a scope of operations that encompasses every phase of a project’s construction cycle. No matter how complex the project, development and environment work together hand-in-hand.
Our specialist, global level of capability in the areas of Civil & Infrastructure, ESD, Façade Engineering, Fire Performance Engineering, Integrated Design Management, Lead Consultancy, MEP Engineering, Mission Critical Facility Design, Planning & Urban Development, Project Management, Specialist Lighting, Structural Engineering, Value Engineering and Water & Environment gives us the unique ability to manage every facet of a major project as a ‘one– stop’ option for clients. Innovatively and sustainably.
1. Vendome Shopping Mall Qatar Situated in the new Lusail City District of Doha, this QAR 5 billion project consisting of a retail mall, hotel and residences sits on a total builtâ€“up area of 10.5 million square feet. Client: United Developers Company (UDC) Completion: 2017 Services: MEP Engineering
2. Dubai Pearl Dubai, UAE Consisting of commercial, residential, hotel and retail facilities, all within an area of 9.68 million square feet. Client: Pearl Dubai FZ LLC Services: Civil, Structural, MEP Engineering and FaĂ§ade Engineering
3. Dubai Festival City Zone 2B Dubai, UAE
4. Dubai Festival City, Dubai, UAE
5. Ocean Heights Dubai, UAE
A 29-Story residence consisting of 510 residences, including 212 fully serviced extended stay apartments. Total built–up area of 1.93 million square feet.
Comprising of two hotels (Intercom Hotel and Crowne Plaza Hotel) and a service apartment complex, with a total built–up area of 2.69 million square feet.
An 82-storey residential tower, standing at 310m with a total built–up area of 1.3 million square feet, inclusive of 3-levels of basement parking.
Client: Al-Futtaim Group Completion: 2007 Services: Structural Engineering
Client: Al-Futtaim Group Completion: 2007 Services: Structural Engineering
Client: Damac Properties Co. LLC Completion: 2010 Services: Civil and Structural Engineering
6. Emirates Tower Dubai Meinhardt carried out movement control related specialist services for the 52-storey hotel tower which require major transfer structures at level 10 and 40. The tower is mostly of reinforced concrete construction with composite steel and concrete transfer trusses. Client: Besix-Ssangyong Joint Venture Completion: 2000 Services: Structural Checking
7. King Saud University Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia An extension of King Saud University, with 4 new colleges for applied medical sciences, computer and information sciences, Arabic Language and architecture and planning. Client: Kenzo Tange Associates, Japan Completion: 1993 Services: Civil, Structural Engineering
highâ€“rise building using post-tensioned concrete flat plate for improved economy and rapid construction
days construction cycle record.
8. Burj-Al-Arab Hotel Dubai, UAE Meinhardt provided specialist structural design and supervision services to the contractor, reviewed the reinforced concrete design of the base-building and converted it to post-tensioned concrete flat plate for improved economy and rapid construction. Meinhardt also designed the temporary works and advised the contractor in respect of installation/dismantling of cranes/hoists and access platforms including advice on construction loads limitations. Client: Al Habtoor - Fletcher - Murray Roberts Joint Venture (HFMJV) Completion: 1999 Services: Specialist Structural Design and Supervision Services
9. Al Faisal University Campus Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Al Faisal University is situated at Prince Sultan Cultural City which is a mixeduse development of 240 hectares with major culture and medical facilities as well as retail, commercial and residential components. Client: Al Faisal University Campus Completion: 2016 Services: Civil, Structural and MEP Engineering
Awards: European Property Awards 2012
10. Rings Istanbul Istanbul, Turkey This award winning mixed development (European Property Awards 2012), had structural engineering services provided by Meinhardt consisting of 27 blocks of 9–Storey residences, retail and cascade form apartment building, with a total built–up area of 2.5 million square feet.
Client: Hakan Kiran Architecture Completion: 2013 Services: Structural Engineering
11. Deyaar Hotel and Service Apartment, Dubai, UAE 6-storey Hotel and Service Apartment. Total 426 rooms. Client: Deyaar Completion: 2015 Services: MEP Engineering & Façade
12. The Galleria, Sowwah Square Abu Dhabi, UAE A 2–storey, 140 unit retail mall with a total built–up area of 1.6 million square feet. Client: Gulf Related Completion: 2013 Services: MEP Engineering and Scope Testing
13. Karbala Olympic Stadium Karbala, Iraq A 30,000 spectator Olympic Stadium with a total built–up area of 247,569 square feet.
Client: Bahadir Kul Architects (Baghdad Branch) Completion: 2013 Services: Structural Engineering
14. Mosul Stadium Mosul, Iraq An Olympic size Stadium with a 30,000 spectator main stadium and a 4,000 spectator track & field and 500 spectator secondary field, with a total built–up area of 269,097 square feet. Client: Tekcelik & Uzunlar Co. (Turkey) and Al-Tasamem Co. Services: Structural Engineering
15. Khan Shatyr Towers Astana, Kazakhstan
Consisting of residences and offices, with a total built–up area of 1.77 million square feet. Design in collaboration with Perkins & Will and Dome + partners. Client: Sembol Construction Completion: 2017 Services: Structural Engineering
Awarded ENR’s Global Best Project in the cultural projects category.
16. Dakar International Congress Center Senegal Designed by Tabanlioglu Architecture, the project was constructed in only 9 months, in time for the 15 Franchophonie Summit. Total built–up area of 834,203 square feet. Client: Summa Construction Completion: 2014 Services: Structural Engineering
17. Nurol Life Tower Cendere, Istanbul, Turkey 60–storey tower standing at 250 meters, consisting of residences and offices, with the total built–up area of 600,000 square feet for the residential tower. Client: Hakan Kiran Architecture Completion: 2016 Services: Structural Engineering
18. Dumankaya Konsept Halkalı Istanbul,Turkey Consisting of 9 blocks of W-formed buildings with a total built–up area of 1.33 million square feet. Client: Dumankaya Construction Completion: 2013 Services: Structural Engineering
19. BAP Bikur Plaza Kagıthane, Istanbul, Turkey Class A office development with a total built–up area of 107,639 square feet. Client: Bikur Yapı A.S. Completion: 2015 Services: Structural Engineering
Courtesy: Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group Photographer: George Apostolidis
20. Mandarin Oriental Bodrum Bodrum, Turkey
21. UPC New HQ Abu Dhabi, UAE
Designed by a collaboration of prominent Turkish and international architects located on a 60 hectare waterfront site on the Turkish Southwestern Riviera. 109 guestroom and awarding-winning spa concepts. Total builtâ€“up area of 350,000 square feet.
Located in Abu Dhabi on the south coast road, the project will follow Estidama and has some very tight values to achieve.
Client: AGT/Astas Holding Completion: 2014 Services: Structural Engineering
Client: Abu Dhabi Urban Planning Council Services: Civil, Structural, MEP Services, FaĂ§ade
22. Izmir Ova Center Izmir, Turkey The tallest structural steel building outside of Istanbul, featuring a diagrid structural system with a total built–up area of 215,000 square feet. Client: Musa Çiçek Construction Completion: 2016 Services: Structural Engineering
23. Jameel Art Centre Dubai, UAE Located at the Culture Village on the Dubai Creek, the development comprises a 5 storey art centre with total area of 161,000 square feet. Client: Abdul Latif Jameel Community Initiatives Completion: 2017 Services: Design Peer Review and Value Engineering (Structural and M&E)
24. ISGYO IIFC (Istanbul International Financial Center), Istanbul, Turkey Designed by HOK (USA) and DOME+partners (Istanbul), this reinforced concrete 27–storey, 116 meters building features performance-based design methods, long-span concrete floors and structural link beams. Total built–up area of 807,000 square feet.
Courtesy: HOK & DOME+partners
Client: ISGYO Completion: 2017 Services: Structural Engineering
meter high-rise building
TORNADO TOWER West Bay, Doha, Qatar
Designed as one of the iconic developments in Doha, this 200m high, 52â€“Storey tower houses the headquarters for Qatar Investments & Projects Development Holding Company (QIPCO). Tornado Tower utilizes an efficient yet striking structural system to house 52 floors of office space in a 200m tall building with 3 levels of basement for carpark. The tower has a unique truncated cylindrical design with the largest and smallest floor plates of 55m and 40m diameter respectively. Meinhardt provided structural engineering services for Tornado Tower on a turnkey basis with the Construction Contractor.
Client: Six Construct - Midmac JV Owner: Qatar Investments & Projects Development Holding Company (QIPCO) Completion: 2009 Services: Structural Engineering
storey office building
Value engineering services for the turnkey contractor resulting in 5,700 tonnage of steel reduced from the original design
26. Renaissance Tiemcen Hotel Algeria
27. Marriott Hotel Ikeja Lagos
Peer review role on behalf of Marriott Architecture & Construction. The accommodation comprises of 220 Rooms & Suites, multiple food and beverage areas, swimming pool, sauna, tennis courts and a fitness centre.
The project is a new build development located close to Lagos Murtala Muhammad Airport. The building will be 7â€“storeys above ground, with a basement.
Client: Marriott Hotels Completion: 2011 Services: Peer Review
Client: Sifax Group Completion: 2017 Services: Building Services, Fire Engineering, Specialist Services
28. Marriott Hotel Kigali, Rwanda The Marriott Hotel Kigali is a 237 key Hotel which will include five food and beverage areas, a Ballroom & Conference Room Meinhardtâ€™s scope is to guide the Clientâ€™s technical team to achieve the Marriott Engineering Design Standards
Client: New Century Development Ltd. Completion: 2016 Services: MEP Peer Review
29. Mena House, Cairo, Egypt Peer review role on behalf of Marriott Architecture & Construction. The accommodation comprises of 220 Rooms, Spa, Fitness Centre, outdoor heated swimming pool and multiple food and beverage areas. The hotel is surrounded by 40 acres of verdant green gardens and is situated near the Great Pyramids of Giza in Cairo. Client: Marriott Architecture & Construction Completion: 2016 Services: MEP Peer Review
30. Marriott Waterfront Hotel, Victoria Island Lagos The project is a new build development located on Lagos lagoon. The building is 8 storeys above ground, organised into 3 parts. The mid-levels from third to sixth floor incorporate 150 guest rooms.The upper levels at seventh and eight floors include spa, health club, gym, roof terrace and grille. Client: Quantum Luxury Properties Limited Completion: 2016 Services: MEP Peer Review
31. Marriott Cotonou Beach Hotel, Benin
Located on a prime beachfront site adjacent to Cotonou’s convention centre, the 200-key 5 star hotel will comprise of the following A 600 square meter ballroom, a spa & outdoor swimming pool, a health & leisure club, tennis courts, conference facilities including a boardroom and five individual interconnecting rooms, along with multiple entertainment areas including five restaurants and lounges. Client: Prime Hospitality Completion: 2016 Services: MEP Peer Review
32. Baghdad Arena Baghdad, Iraq A US$24 million spectator sports arena with a 7,000 spectator capacity and a total built–up area of 193,750 square feet. Client: Al-Madaniya Contracting Company (Iraq) Completion: 2012 Services: Structural Engineering 33
33. Malabo Shopping Mall Equatorial Guinea A retail mall with a total built–up area of 132,000 square feet. Meinhardt’s structural engineering services effectively cut down the need for unnecessary costs. Client: Summa Construction Completion: 2014 Services: Structural Engineering
One source, all services, from design to construction and post-completion assessment, our team provides an integrated approach to all aspects of façade engineering. In the growing field of façade engineering, we have a formidable track record of over 20 years of specialised experience across more than 1,500 iconic projects. Our clients can leverage our full suite of integrated capabilities across engineering, infrastructure and project management, and access the best expertise available within the Meinhardt Group. The result is a holistic delivery that is totally committed to high quality, cost-effective and sustainable designs and solutions.
Meinhardt’s combination of global resources and strong local presence ensure successful project delivery by our highly-qualified specialists. Our emphasis on being actively involved early in the development process allows our clients greater scope to customise façade designs and solutions to their particular needs. Environmentally sustainable design: built in, not bolted on. Growing pressure on limited resources has turned ESD into a key consideration right from the design and conceptual stage.
1. Deira Island Mall Dubai, UAE The project will be located in Dubai, on Deira Island. The Island is an area of reclaimed land which will feature the new night market, hotels, residential accommodation and the mall. Client: Nakheel Services: Faรงade Engineering and BMU Consultancy
2. Bluewaters Dubai, UAE Located on reclaimed land opposite the Jumeirah Beach beach, this will also be the location for the Dubai eye. Client: Meraas Holding Services: Faรงade Consultancy
3. The Shams Abu Dhabi, UAE
4. International Convention Centre Abuja, Nigeria
5. Reem Mall Abu Dhabi, UAE
Consisting of 2 twenty-storey towers with a shared podium, with each tower featuring a serrated facetted façade with projecting balconies.
The project comprises of an International Convention Centre. This is located in the Central Business District of Abuja in Nigeria. The project comprises a tower of approximately 200m height and a podium building with mixed use including: convention and exhibition spaces, an auditorium, meeting spaces, retail areas, restaurants and services areas for the facilities.
The project will be located in Abu Dhabi on Reem Island and will be classed as a mega mall and will incorporate the world’s longest indoor ski slope.
Client: Sorouh Real Estate Services: Façade Engineering and BMU Consultancy
Client: National Real Estate Company Services: BMU Consultancy and Façade Engineering
Client: Central Bank of Nigeria Services: Façade, BMU, ESD & QS consultancy services
Defining and planning for major change in a defined physical space. At Meinhardt we understand how a successful masterplan sets the aspirational standards of a development whilst establishing frameworks to achieve the most efficient solutions. Cities, towns and individual developments all require integrated strategies to ensure infrastructure, transport, energy, water and communications services all work together as efficiently as possible. Whether minimising ongoing maintenance costs, reducing environmental impacts or maximising development potential, a masterplan is the first step to ensuring a realistic framework is in place to realise a projects full development potential.
Meinhardt has completed many international infrastructure and urban development masterplans and offers technical input for urban planners on all sizes of masterplan projects. We are also a leader in Smart Cities and operate Singaporeâ€™s first and only Smart Cities Center of Excellence (CoE) supported by the Singapore Economic Development Board.
1. Jazan Economic City Saudi Arabia
2. Development Masterplan for Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
Featuring advanced industrial facilities and residences, situated on the periphery of the Gulf coast with a total builtâ€“up area of 1.182 million square feet.
25-Year Masterplan (to 2035) for Bandar Seri Begawanâ€™s upgrading into a more dynamic, vibrant and unique city with efficient communication and transportation systems.
Client: MMC International Holdings Limited Completion: Masterplanning completed in 2008 Services: Masterplanning, Civil, Infrastructure, Water and Environment Engineering.
Client: Jabatan Bandaran Bandar Seri Begawan Brunei Darussalam Holdings Limited Completion: 2011 Services: Masterplanning, Civil, Infrastructure, Water and Environment Engineering.
3. Putri Nyale Resort Lombok, Indonesia
4. Fort Bonifacio Global City Philippines
5. Bintan Beach International Resort, Indonesia
Masterplanning, design and documentation of all utilities for 1,250 hectares of resort development, as well as a 13-hectare recreational tidal lagoon.
Master civil coordinator of the 240-hectare new city including engineering design and contract management of significant packages.
23,000-hectare Bintan Beach International Resort includes Club Med, Banyan Tree and Sedona Resorts.
Client: Lombok Tourism Development Completion: 1998 Services: Masterplanning, Infrastructure and Marine Engineering
Client: Fort Bonifacio Completion: 2001 Services: Infrastructure Masterplanning
Client: Bintan Resort Management Pte Ltd Completion: 1997 Services: Infrastructure Masterplanning, Project Management, Civil, Structural and MEP Engineering
No matter how complex the project, infrastructure and environment work together hand-in-hand. Thinking in a sustainable way is the only way. Together, we face challenges and change like never before. Population growth, ageing infrastructure and climate change mean that we must build sustainability into every part of the development process. At Meinhardt, we understand it is no longer adequate to design and implement projects as we have in the past. In light of this thinking, we have developed
the experience and expertise to provide the technically feasible, cost effective and environmentally viable solutions needed in these constantly changing and demanding conditions. Our specialist, global level of capability in the areas of infrastructure and environment gives us the unique ability to manage every facet of a major project as a â€˜one stopâ€™ option for clients. Innovatively and sustainably.
infrastructu & environm
INFRASTRUCTURE & ENVIRONMENT
million number of passengers the airport can accommodate per year
Total area of the project is 537,259mÂ˛.
INFRASTRUCTURE & ENVIRONMENT
NEW DOHA AIRPORT EXPANSION Doha, Qatar
The new Hamad International Airport’s Passenger Terminal Expansion Project (PTCE) will bring this annual capacity from 24 million to 53 million passengers per year. Meinhardt is providing engineering design services for 3-storey terminal building expansion, concourse D&E, expansion of baggage handling, APM station, substructure for future connection to satellite terminal, underground services tunnel and utilities. Total area of the project is 537,259m².
Owner/Client: New Doha International Airport SC. Completion: 2020 Services: Civil (landside and airside), Structural, MEP, Fire Engineering, ESD, Airport Planning and Façade Engineering
INFRASTRUCTURE & ENVIRONMENT
1. Muscat International Airport Omarn
2. Gulf Technics Hangar and Support Facilities, Bahrain International Airport, Bahrain
The project comprises $1.8 billion new passenger terminal for the Muscat International Airport. The new terminal will be designed to handle 12 million passengers annually and up to 24 million at later stage. Meinhardt provided MEP Engineering & Lighting Design for Muscat International Airport on a turnkey basis with the Bechtel & Bahwan Engineering.
The hangar will consist of up to three A380 configurations for width and B777 configuration for length fully enclosed aircraft bays.
Client: Bechtel & Bahwan Engineering Completion: 2016 Services:Civil, Structural Engineering for design and supervision consultancy services
Client: Gulf Technics Completion: 2013 (Design Completed) Services: Project Management, Architectural, Civil, Structural and MEP Engineering
INFRASTRUCTURE & ENVIRONMENT
3. Dubai Metro: Rashidiya Main Depot & Jebel Ali Auxiliary Depot, Dubai, UAE Forming the Dubai Metro Network, this development has two lines totalling to 70 km, including 55 stations, 18 km of tunnels, 51 km of viaduct, one major train depot and maintenance facilities site and several auxiliary stabling facilities. Client: JT Metro JV (D&B Contractor) Completion: 2010 Services: Structural Engineering
4. Hamad International Airport Terminal 1 Metro Station Station Box: The review of the existing 304m x 25.1m station box construction, provide appropriate water proofing, completion of box structure and complete fit-out of the station. Associated Works: Temporary works, landscape, utility diversion and refurbishments, testing and commissioning. Owner: Qatar Rail Client: Redco International Completion: 2020 Services: Civil, Structural, MEP Engineering and Architectural Consultancy Services
5. Qatar Green Line Metro, Qatar This project spans from Msheireb (Central Station) through to Education City and on to Al Rayyan. This project is essential in the delivery of the 2022 FIFA World Cup and is a key contributor to Qatar’s 2030 vision. Meinhardt Scope of works incorporate the following major elements: – 2 x 16km twin bore rail tunnel; – 6 underground stations including one interchange station; – Switchboxes; – Evacuation shafts – Energy transfer stations Owner: Qatar Rail Client: Redco International Completion: 2019 Services: MEP Engineering
INFRASTRUCTURE & ENVIRONMENT
Largest Hospital Complex in Europe.
1. Ikitelli Integrated Health Campus Istanbul, Turkey Largest use of seismic base isolators in a single building project, total built–up area of 10.5 million square feet with 2,682 beds–making it the largest hospital complex in Europe. Client: EMSAS Construction Co. Completion: 2018 Services: Civil & Structural Engineering
2. King Abdullah Medical Centre, Bahrain
3. Bardarash General Hospital Iraq
Meinhardt is providing Concept and Schematic Design for MEP Engineering for the proposed King Abdullah Medical Centre, Bahrain. The project comprises a 264 bed hospital with allowance for expansion to 500 beds. The project is scheduled for completion at the end of 2019.
A general hospital in the North of Iraq with the capacity to accommodate 100 beds, with a total built–up area of 215,278 square feet.
Client: Arabian Golf University Completion: 2019 Services: MEP Engineering
Client: Nurova Construction Completion: 2014 Services: Structural Engineering
INFRASTRUCTURE & ENVIRONMENT
4. Isaa’q Bin Omran’s Specialized Centre Sharjah, UAE A specialised healthcare development with a total built–up area of 50,590 square feet. Client: Zaha Trading LLC Completion: 2014 Services: MEP Engineering 5. Lussaily Reservoir Phase I & II Dubai, UAE A new reservoir adjacent to the existing Lussaily Reservoir, with a capacity of 120 MIG/ 273,000m3 and an integrated Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition System (SCADA) in the DEWA master control centre. Client: Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) Completion: 2015 Services: Civil, Structural, MEP, Architectural, SCADA Systems, Infrastructure and Water Engineering for design and supervision
BAHRAIN PO Box 21277, Flat 21 Building No. 5, Block No. 330 Road No. 3001, Bu Qhazal Manama T +973 1715 1888 F +973 1715 1899 E firstname.lastname@example.org KUWAIT PO Box 5094, Salmiya 22061 11th Floor, Al Jawhara Tower Khaled Ibn Al Waleed Street Sharq, Kuwait City, Kuwait T +965 229 54323 F +965 229 54325 E email@example.com OMAN PO Box 682 Postal Code 114 Bait Al Reem Building Office 101 6th Floor Sultanate of Oman T +968 940 45 001 E firstname.lastname@example.org
QATAR PO Box 24431, 12th Floor Amwal Tower Westbay Doha, Qatar T +974 4411 7840 F +974 4411 7845 E email@example.com SAUDI ARABIA PO Box 8089, Riyadh 1148, 27th Floor North Tower, Al Khaiyria Building King Fahd Highway, Olaya, Riyadh Kingdom of Saudi Arabia T +966 1201 1080 F +966 1201 1668 E firstname.lastname@example.org
Meinhardt Group International
Bangkok Bengaluru Beijing Chennai Danang Gurgaon Hanoi Ho Chi Minh City Hong Kong Islamabad Jakarta Johor Bahru Karachi
UAE - ABU DHABI Al Khalidia Tower Mezzanine Floor Office No. 2 Abu Dhabi, UAE T +971 2 66 66 831 F +971 2 66 66 832 E email@example.com
KENYA Lantana Place, P. O. Box 48499 Lantana Rd Nairobi, Kenya
HEAD OFFICE 168 Jalan Bukit Merah #09-01 Surbana One Singapore 150168 T +65 6273 5255 F +65 6274 0788 E firstname.lastname@example.org
UAE - DUBAI Dubai PO Box 38349 Gold & Diamond Park Building 4 Unit 130, Sheikh Zayed Road Dubai, UAE T +971 4 341 6686 F +971 4 341 6687 E email@example.com
AUSTRALIA Kuala Lumpur Lahore Macau Manila Noida Phnom Penh Peshawar Shanghai Shenzhen Singapore Tianjin Yangon
Adelaide Brisbane Gold Coast Melbourne Perth Sydney
EUROPE Istanbul London
USA New York City
MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA Abu Dhabi Cairo Doha Dubai Kigali Kuwait City Manama Muscat Nairobi Riyadh Tehran