P O R T F O L I O
MEGHA NIGAM Objective :
Dob Nationality Language Current residence
: : : :
26 .10.94 INDIAN Hindi, English NEW DELHI
Architecture for me is not building blocks , it’s a passion for me , passion for designing , passion of designing meaningful and friendly space benefitting the society . I believe in my Imagination which is my strength - show me the path to Design . I don’t like to do my work just to finish, I love to do my work sincerely until the results is to my satisfaction . I appreciate team work which gave me opportunity to enhance my own skills. I’m a Positive person and loves to make friends , love travelling and exploring every city, state, country’s Architecture
MEGHA NIGAM Hand skills : Current
UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF ARCHITECTURE AND PLANNING (Erstwhile TVB School of Habitat Studies ) GGSIPU , NEW DELHI BACHELOR OF ARCHITECTURE ( Fourth year )
KENDRIYA VIDYALAYA SCHOOL OF JAWAHAR LAL NEHRU UNIVERSITY
Documentation & Research projects:
AUTOCAD PHOTOSHOP CS5
Hobbies & Interests
: GREEN BUILDING RATING SYSTEM – LEED , GRIHA
: LAKE VIEW RESORT – UDAIPUR, RAJASTHAN
Documentation On : Secondary Street in VRINDAVAN. References : Documentation On : DWARKADEESH TEMPLE – DWARKA, GUJRAT. Documentation On : ARCHITECTURE OF TAMILIAN AND FRENCH QUARTERS – PONDICHERRY, CHENNAI. Prof. CHARU ARORA MATHUR Documentation Of : KHARI BAOLI – SHAJAHANABAD, OLD DELHI (Research paper and Thesis Mentor ) PUBLICATION : DWARKADEESH DOCUMENTATION – GUJARAT ( Class Effort ) Graffiti : GRAFFITI on 50 m long wall in GGSIPU, DWARKA Contact : 9650834369 , 9711980551 Short film : volunteered in Short film “ THE GREY MILE “
• Exhibition organized by students showing architecture of Pondicherry.
• As Pondicherry is divided in 4 parts known as quarters as – • • • •
Tamil Hindu Tamil Christian Tamil Muslim French
From Dutch to French , Drenched in history , From Tamil Hindu to Christian , Unbelievable Diversity , From Talking Streets to French Elevations, With Magnificent and Simple Creativity , From Classical European to Vernacular, Towards Heritage is it’s Sensitivity, From Churches to Franco – Tamil Form, What speaks is it’s SIMPLICITY.
First Project of Design – Tamil Hindu residence . • Students were allotted clients , It was our first experience of architect’s job . As per client’s requirement and study of Tamil Hindu architecture in Pondicherry further guided us to design this residence. • Tamil Hindu houses are characterized by vernacular architecture of it and a street veranda, called Talvaram with Mangalore tiles over wooden posts. • In my design I also followed Tamil Hindu architecture as u can see in images the Talvaram with wooden posts , Manglore tiles and courtyard inside house. • Basically I tried to merge Tamil Hindu traditional architecture with modern architecture as it has skylight on roof of Manglore tiles .
Some Arts & graphics works – • • • • •
Abstract work Space designing Anthropometrics Rotring works Perspective views etc.
• In 2nd year we studied Temple Towns Vrindavan and Dwarkadeesh , Gujarat . • As a Class in Group we also Documented the whole work and study of These towns . • In Vrindavan we studied the narrow streets of and Ghats of these towns . • And same for Dwarkadeesh, the narrow Streets of it. For vrindavan project I designed a dispensary for residents and Breather cum Amphitheatre on Ghats. • And in Dwarkadeesh I designed Hotel Complex on Highway.
These are some Building & Construction sheets and some Arts & Graphics works • • • •
Wooden Joints Steel window Details Foundation Wall Partitions
In 3rd year I design a project of Group Housing in Narela , Haryana . • The purpose behind designing this group housing there is that narela is a developing city. • And for that I design my housing with a concept vernacular , for this I also done my case study of Asian games village complex design by famous architect Raj rewal . • Tried to design like raj rewal sir did in asiyad, vernacular , eco-friendly etc.
• Architecture college design • Site : Sohna , Haryana • We are given a contoured site in sohna , Haryana to design a college of architecture. • For that I started from my concept HONEYCOMBING • In the left is given concept sheets which elaborates the purpose of choosing honeycombing as my concept and design details.
These are some again Building & Construction work of 3rd year by Autocad software • • • • • • •
Working Drawings Site plan Floor plan Section Structural glazing Sliding and folding doors Services of grp housing etc.
• This is my urban design project . • In this project our challenges was that to identify the reason negative points of rajendra place and then design whole rajendra place so that it worked out in all perspectives . • We need to design this area according to TOD norms of government .
â€¢ These are my sheets and model
In 4th year we also done research paper . My research topic is Green building rating systems, in this I compared two rating systems one indian and another international and tried to find the difference between two. Studied India Gate area in order to understand the responsive environment and the importance of this place. Judge this area on terms legibility , permeability , robustness , variety of spaces and functions , and visual appropriateness .
These are some extra curricular work of mine â€“ Graffity , caricature , oil paintings , sketching , sketchup , photography etc.