Page 1


events dec 12 - jan 13 Francis Bacon CCCS Strozzina - Palazzo Strozzi, 1Piazza Strozzi - 055.2645155 Francis Bacon and the Existential Condition in Contemporary Art, will be presenting work by contemporary artists who exam today’s existential state of societal mind. Their work explores the kind of questions man asks himself in his relationship with his own interior being, his body and the outside world. At the core of the exhibition are paintings by Francis Bacon (1909-1992), whose work is placed in dialogue with that of five contemporary artists of international renown: Nathalie Djurberg, Adrian Ghenie, Arcangelo Sassolino, Chiharu Shiota and Annegret Soltau. These artists share Bacon’s reflection on man’s existential condition and on the depiction of the human figure. Bacon’s paintings on display are set against a selection of photographic and hardcopy material from the artist’s archive: photo portraits, reproductions of masterpieces of the past, film stills, and pictures from books and magazines. His mingling of the figurative and the abstract, his bodies transfigured, his reference to autobiographical elements, his use of a variety of different iconographic sources and of tension and isolation as metaphors of man’s life can also be found as crucial aspects of in the work of the five contemporary artists that is arranged in a situation of dialogue with Bacon in an effort to trigger an existential reflection on contemporary living. Until January 27th


The Thirties The Arts in Italy beyond Fascism Palazzo Strozzi - Piazza Strozzi 1 055.2645155 In 1930s Italy, during the Fascist era, a very vigorous artistic battle was waged, involving every style and trend, from Classicism to Futurism, from Expressionism to Abstraction, and from monumental art to salon painting. The scene was enriched and complicated by the emergence of design and mass communication—posters, wireless, films—which espoused many ideas from the “fine” arts and conveyed them to a broad public. It was a complex and vital time of experimentation, open to the outside world, the prelude to our modern era. Until January 27th .

events dec 12 - jan 13

A tribute to Calvino MNAF - Museo Nazionale Alinari per la Fotografia - Piazza S. M. Novella 14ar 055.216310 - The exhibition proposes a matching between the Alinari photographs and Marseille Tarots, recalling the combinatorial device that Italo Calvino proposes in his Castle of Crossed Destinies, using them to tell new stories through a combinatorial mechanisms able to generate always different tales. 80 photographs that pay homage to the variety and richness of the Alinari 160-year history. Until January 6th. Florence in the eye of the Artist The Gallery of Modern Art Piazza Pitti - 055.2388601 The exhibition will display 49 paintings, all dedicated to views or representations of the city taken from various perspectives: the airy visions of the eighteenth century by Giuseppe Maria Terreni, the domestic shades of the nineteenth century paintings by Lorenzo Gelati or the representations of glimpses of brightly colored spots in the Old Market by Signorini. Until January 6th. from Fattori to ‘900 unpublished works from the roster, del greco, olschki collection Villa Bardini - Costa San Giorgio, 2 Info 055.22638599 The large and valuable Roster, Del Greco, Olshki collection is on display at Villa Bardini with over 100 paintings by famous authors including Fattori, Telemaco Signorini, Giuseppe Abbati, Eugenio Cecconi, Vito D’Ancona, Oscar Ghiglia, Ulvi Liegi, Llewelyn Lloyd. Until January 6th. The New Frontier - Culture of the Native Americans Andito degli Angiolini - Galleria del Costume - Piazza Pitti 1 - 055.2645155 An exhibition dedicated to the native inhabitants of North America realized with the collaboration of the Gilcrease Museum of Tulsa, Oklahoma. It will open with a historical section that introduces the various phases in the discovery of America and its colonisation, exhibits artefacts by the various indigenous Nations. Until December 9th.


museums a-z

2 Academy Gallery D1 Via Ricasoli, 60 - Tel. 055.294883 8.15-18.50 - Closed Mon. Michelangelo’s David, sculpture, paintings and casts by various artists. Галлерея Академии известна шедеврами Микеланджело: Давид, Пленники. Скульптуры, живопись и наброски известных художников.

Archeological Museum E1 Via della Colonna, 38 - Tel. 055.294883 Tue.,Thur. 8.30-19 - Wed., Fri.,Sat., Sun. 8.30-14. Closed Mon. One of the most important Etruscan, Egyptian and Greek collections in Europe. Археологический музей Исскуство и цивилизация этрусков помимо коллекций египта и греции. 1 Baptistery of S. Giovanni D2 Piazza San Giovanni - tel. 055.2302885 8.30-19.30. Romanesque temple. Outside, the doors by Lorenzo Ghiberti. Баттистерий Святого Иоанна Nмский храм посвященный Иоанну Крестителю. 2 Bargello Museum D2 Via del Proconsolo, 4 - Tel. 055.294883 8.15-13.50 - Closed 2nd, 4th Monday & 1st, 3rd, 5th Sunday Masterpieces of painting and sculpture. Frescoes by the school of Giotto. Музей Барджелло скульптура, живопись изящные исскуства. Афрески школы Джотто в Капелле. 4 Brancacci Chapel B3 Piazza del Carmine - Tel. 055.2382195 Work. 10-17 - Hols. 13-17- Closed Tues. The great cycle of frescoes of the Stories of St. Peter, masterpiece of Masaccio. Капелла Бранкаччи Цикл афресок истории Святого Петра, шедевр Мазаччо. 1 Cupola of the Duomo D2 Piazza Duomo - Tel. 055.2302885 Cupola 8.30-19.00 - Sat. 8.30-17.40 Crypt Oct 10-15.30 Nov 10-16.45 - Cl. Sun. The masterpiece of Filippo Brunelleschi. Suggestive itinerary to the top of the dome with a breathtaking view. Купол Брунеллески Поражающий воображение путь вдоль афрески Последнего Суда Федерико Цуккари внутри купола и вид с макушки купола на город.


Galileo Museum D3 Piazza Giudici, 1 - Tel. 055.265311 9.30-18.00 - Tuesdays 9.30-13.00 Always Open. Collection of scientific instruments and equipment from the Medici and Lorraine families. Музей Галлилео Коллекция научных инструментов и аппаратов, принадлежащих семье Медичи и Лотаргийским герцогам. 1 Giotto Belltower D2 Piazza Duomo - Tel. 055.2302885 8.30-19.30. Колокольня Джотто

House of Dante D2 Via S. Margherita, 1r - tel. 055.219416 10.00-17.00. Built in the early 20th century on what was then thought to be the site of the Alighieri houses. Costruita all’inizio del 900 nel luogo ove si pensava abitassero gli Alighieri. Дом-Музей Данте построенный в начале '900 в месте где предположительно жили Алигьери. 3 Medici Chapels C1 Piazza Madonna degli Aldobrandini Tel. 055.294883 - 8.15-16.50 and from 26th Dec. to 6th Jan. 8.15-16.50. The Old Sacristy, the New Sacristy, with architecture and sculpture by Michelangelo, and the Chapel of the Princes. Капелла Медичей Старая Ризница, Новая Ризница с архитектурой и скульптурами Микеланджело и Капелла дей Принчипи, декорированная мрамором. 1 Opera of S. Croce E3 Via Alfani, 78 - Tel. 055.294883 Piazza Santa Croce, 16 Tel. 055.244619 - 9.30-17.00 Sundays & holidays: 13-17.00 The Basilica, with the Giotto frescoes, and the ancient convent with the Crucifix by Cimabue, destroyed in the flood of 1966. Works by Donatello, Orcagna, Bronzino, Cimabue. The Pazzi Chapel, masterpiece by Brunelleschi. Санта Мария дель Фиоре Шедевры Домского Собора, Баттистерия и Колокольни. Скульптуры, модели, ювелирные изделия, редкие молитвенные книги.

Opificio delle Pietre Dure D1 Via Alfani, 78 - Tel. 055.294883 Monday-Saturday 8.15-14 - Closed Sundays & holidays.. Collections of creations in hard stones, inlays and mosaics. фабрики твердых камней Колекция произведений и обстановки из твердых камней и флорентийской мозаики. 2 Palazzo Medici-Riccardi D1 Via Cavour, 1 - Tel. 055.2760340 9-18 - Closed Wednesdays. Built by Michelozzo, it contains the famous frescoes of the Cavalcade of the Magi towards Bethlehem (1459-60) by Benozzo Gozzoli. Палаццо Медичи Риккарди Построена Микелоццо , там находятся знаменитые афрески Поход Волхвов в Ирусалим мастера Беноццо Гоццоли. 2 Palazzo Vecchio D3 Piazza Signoria - Tel. 055.2768465 9-24 - Thurs., Sun. 9-14. Residence of the Priors and the Medici. Paintings, sculpture and furniture. Палаццо Веккио Старинная представительская резиденция Медичей. Скульптуры живопись и предметы обстановки. 1 Pitti Palace Museums C4 Piazza Pitti - Tel. 055.294883 Palatine Gallery & Monumental Apartments 8.15-18.50 - Closed on Mondays Палатинская Галерея и Королевские покои. Gallery of Modern Art - 8.15-18.50. Галерея современного Gallery of Costume oct 8.15-18.30 - nov 8.15-16.30. Галерея искусства Silver Museum oct 8.15-18.30 - nov 8.15-16.30. Музей серебра

Porcelain Museum oct 8.15-18.15 - nov 8.15-16.30. Музей Керамики Boboli Gardens oct 8.15-18.30 - nov 8.15-16.30. Сад Боболино 1 San Marco Museum D1 Piazza San Marco, 1 - Tel. 055.294883 Mon-Fri 8.15-13.50 - Saturdays & Sundays 8.15-16.50 The convent, cells, cloisters and Pilgrim’s Hospice. Frescoes and paintings by Fra Angelico and school. Музей Сан Марко содержит монастырь, кельи и крытую аркаду Приюта Пеллегринов. Афрески и картины Беато Анджелика и мастеров его школы.

museums a-z

1 Opera of S.Maria del Fiore Piazza Duomo, 9 - Tel. 055.2302885 Mon-Sat 9-19.30 - Sun. 9-13.45 Capolavori dal Duomo, dal Battistero e dal Campanile. Scultura, modelli, oreficeria, messali rari. Музей Санта Мария дель Фиоре Шедевры Домского Собора, Баттистерия и Колокольни. Скульптуры, модели, ювелирные изделия, редкие молитвенные книги.

1 Santa Maria Novella C2 Piazza S.Maria Novella - Tel. 055.28218 10-16 - Closed tues. wed. & thur. The Green Cloisters, with frescoes by Paolo Uccello, the Spanish Chapel, the Cloisters of the Dead. Санта Мария Новелла Аркада с афресками Паоло Учелло, Орканья и других. Испанская капелл, Аркада дей Морти.

Stefano Bardini Museum D4 Via dei Renai, 37 - tel. 055 2342427 Mon, Fri, Sat & Sun 11.00-17.00. The Antiquarian collection: art from the Romans to the 18th century Музей Стефано Бардини Коллекция римской эпоха до '700. Synagogue & Jewish Museum F2 Via Farini, 4 - Tel. 055.2346654 10-15.00 - Fridays 10-14. Closed on Sat. The museum covers the history of the Jews in Florence. The green dome is a characteristic point of the city landscape. Синагога и музей еврейской Музей ритуальных принадлежностей и истории евреев Флоренции. 3 Uffizi Gallery D3 Loggiato Uffizi, 6 - Tel. 055.294883 8.15-18.50 - Closed Mondays. One of the most important collections of art of all time, classical sculpture and 13th to 18th century paintings. Галлерея Уффици С 1591 года одна из наиболее важных коллекций всех времен, античные скульптуры и живопись итальянской и мировых школ с XII по XVIII века.


around the cathedral The Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore


One of the first places tourists visit when they come to Florence is the Cathedral with its cupola by Brunelleschi, the Giotto Belltower and the Baptistry, famous for its bronze doors by Ghiberti. The Gothic Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore as we see it today is the end result of years of work that covered over six centuries of history. It was built on a project by Arnolfo di Cambio from 1296 over the remains of the ancient Basilica of Santa Reparata, which can still be visited from the interior of the building. The cupola that has made it a symbol for the whole of Tuscany was created by that genius of the Renaissance, Filippo Brunelleschi, while the facade that completed it was carried out as late as the late 19th century. A whole series of structural and decorative interventions to both the exterior and the interior that were to enrich the history of the monument were carried out during this space of time: these range from the construction of the two sacristies to the 16th century marble flooring, and from the execution of the sculptures to the frescoes, signed by Paolo Uccello, Andrea del Castagno,

Carteria Tassotti Via dei Servi, 9-11r - 055.2645477 Carteria Tassotti is in Bassano del Grappa, a few miles from Venice, land of great tradition in the art of printing where since the early XVI cent. were active famous printers. The Remondini publishing industry practiced this noble art In Bassano from 1657 until 1861. In 1957 Giorgio Tassotti started up the Grafiche Tassotti re-proposing the ancient Remondini catalogue of artistic prints. Over the years the catalog of Grafiche Tassotti has being updating its styles with polychrome art. Over 300 patterns of decorative Varese paper, stationery objects of craftsmanship, art prints and more can be found in the store in Via Dei Servi offering the wider selection of stationary and printings in Florence. Open every day including Sundays. 6

Giorgio Vasari and Federico Zuccari (the Last Judgement in the cupola) The Basilica has witnessed a great many important moments in the history of the city. Among them we should remember the opening of the Council of Florence (March 2nd 1439), which led to the temporary union of the Orthodox Church and Catholic Churches, and the tragic Easter morning of April 26th 1478, when Giuliano de’ Medici was murdered in the “Pazzi Plot” and his brother Lorenzo il Magnifico only just managed to avoid the weapons of his assassins by taking refuge in the Sacristy of the Messe. The Giotto Bell Tower stands on the righthand side of the Cathedral and was designed in 1334 by the great artist nominated overseer for the building site in 1334 on the death of Arnolfo. Based on a square plan it is notable for its coating in green, red and white marble decorated panels and its sculptures. The Baptistery (1128) standing opposite the main façade of the Cathedral, is a masterpiece of Florentine Romanesque style, faced in green and white marble. The interior, with its domed ceiling, is lined throughout with mosaics. The splendid bronze doors (including the Door of

Paradise) are the work of Andrea Pisano and Lorenzo Ghiberti. The Museum of the Opera del Duomo completes the tour of the Cathedral area: once used for storing marbles for the building of the Cathedral now houses dismantled elements, statuary, paintings, furnishings and works of art from Santa Maria del Fiore, the Baptistery and the Bell Tower, including the sculptures carried out for the Cathedral façade.

Санта Мария дель Фьоре

увидеть под современным собором. Построенная по плану квадрата, колокольня Джотто поднимается справа от собора. Она была разработана Джотто и завершил ее посторойку Франческо Таленти. Она украшена 56 барельефами плитки Андреа Пизано и Лука делла Роббиа. восьмиугольной формы Баптистерий в честь Св. Иоанна Крестителя, покровителя города, является прототипом романской архитектуры. Великолепные двери являются работой Пизано и Гиберти.

Собор Флоренции, каким мы видим его сегодня, является конечным результатом более чем шести веков работы. Его основной архитектурный проект был разработан Арнольфо ди Камбио в конце 13 века; а его купол, который стал символом всей Тосканы, был создан гением эпохи Возрождения Филиппо Брунеллески. Фасад был завершен в конце 19 века. Он был построен непосредственно над старым собором эпохи ранней христианской Флоренции, который носит название Санта Репарата. Значительные остатки этой конструкции сегодня можно 7

Around the Cathedral 8

Palazzo Medici Riccardi


Palazzo Medici Riccardi, the old family home of the Medici dominates Via Cavour. Huge and powerful with solid ashlar walls, was commissioned by Cosimo the Elder to the architect and sculptor Michelozzo Michelozzi, a student of Ghiberti and one of Donatello’s assistants, between 1444 and 1460. It was to be the prototype for all the Florentine Renaissance palaces. Built with great blocks of stone that diminish in size from storey to storey, a style introduced by Brunelleschi, it is topped by a beautiful cornice in classical style. During the reign of Lorenzo the Magnificent, it became a lively centre of artistic and spiritual life. The beautiful airy courtyard has remained intact but the Medici apartments were unfortunately altered by the Riccardi. However it is still a fascinating place to visit, with its Museum and the splendid Chapel of the Magi by Benozzo Gozzoli (1459-70), one of its most treasured jewels. The chapel is decorated with the procession of the Magi Kings through a fantastic landscape and portrays famous personages from the Medici circle, including the young Lorenzo the Magnificent, side by side with some of the participants from the Eucumenic council. The Marquises Riccardi purchased the palace in 1655. The Riccardi owned the palace until 1814. It became the headquarters of the Ministry for Internal Affairs while Florence was the capital of Italy and was later taken over by the Prefecture, still there today.

Палаццо Медичи Риккарди Палаццо Медичи Риккарди был построен по заказу Козимо Старшего маэстро Микелоццо. Настоящим сокровищем дворца является недавно восстановленная Часовня волхвов с портретами многих членов семьи Медичи. Палаццо Медичи Риккарди был построен по заказу Козимо Старшего маэстро Микелоццо. Настоящим сокровищем дворца является недавно восстановленная Часовня волхвов с портретами многих членов семьи Медичи. Палаццо Медичи Риккарди был построен по заказу Козимо Старшего маэстро Микелоццо. Настоящим сокровищем дворца является недавно восстановленная Часовня волхвов с портретами многих членов семьи Медичи. Палаццо Медичи Риккарди был построен по заказу Козимо Старшего маэстро Микелоццо.

Around the Cathedral

San Lorenzo & Medici Chapels


Brunelleschi carried out the Medici Church of San Lorenzo by enlarging a mediaeval church consecrated by St. Ambrose, the Bishop of Milan in 393. The interior exemplifies Renaissance religious architecture and contains many important works of art, among them two pulpits in bronze by Donatello and the Old Sacristy by Brunelleschi. The church became a Medici family sepulchre because all the first Medicis were buried there. The New Sacristy contains four very important Medici sepulchres designed by Michelangelo in andcompleted by Vasari. The low entrance crypt inside the Medici Chapels leads up to the octagonal Chapel of the Princes, started in 1604. The huge room is characterised by its unusual walls that are faced with various polychrome marbles, hard stones, precious stones and gilded bronzes. Michelangelo carried also out the elegant Medici Laurentian Library, vestibule and reading room. Il Grande Nuti Borgo S. Lorenzo 22-24 - 055.210145 Only a few metres away from Piazza San Lorenzo, “Il Grande Nuti” restaurant and pizzeria has been functioning for 50 years in the heart of the old city centre of Florence. The venue gives onto a historic Florentine courtyard beside a 13th century tower house. The restaurant serves Tuscan specialities like “ribollita”, typical Florentine steaks, pasta and homemade cakes, as well as pizzas baked in the wood oven.


Церковь Сан-Лоренцо Медичи и часовни Брунеллески был архитектором Медичей в постройке церкви СанЛоренцо, увеличив средневековую церковь, освященную Святой Амвросией в 393. Новая Ризница содержит четыре важных гробницы Медичей, она была разработана Микеланджело и закончена под рукодством Вазари. Низкий склеп входа внутрь часовен Медичей ведет к восьмиугольной часовне Великих князей, которая характеризуется тем, что в ее отделке сталкиваются различные оттенки мрамора и других твердых отделочных камней. Микеланджело построил также и элегантную Лаврентьевскую библиотеку Медичей, вестибюль и читальный зал. В библиотеку можно попасть через крытую аркаду.

Around the Cathedral 12

The Market of San Lorenzo


The quarter of San Lorenzo is one of the busiest areas in the old city centre and the Church and square are surrounded by a colourful cosmopolitan open-air market that sells all kinds of leather goods, handmade knits, textiles, woolens and a vast assortment of typical Florentine crafts. As you pass through the busy market stalls, look out for the Liberty style San Lorenzo Market, a huge construction in cast iron with large glazed windows that was built in the 19th century. The marketlike interior is divided up into a series of corridors hosting some fascinating shops, many of which offer free tastings, where you can buy fine wines and really fresh food products, from meat, cheese and fish to dressed meats, oils, wines and gastronomic specialties, most of them from the Tuscan countryside. where you can buy fine wines and really fresh food products, from meat, cheese and fish to dressed meats, oils, wines and gastronomic specialties, most of them from the Tuscan countryside. where you can buy fine wines and really fresh food products, from meat, cheese and fish to dressed meats, oils, wines and gastronomic specialtie.

Рынок Сан-Лоренцо Квартал Сан-Лоренцо является одним из самых оживленных районов в центре старого города. Церковь и площадь находятся в окружении красочного космополитического рынка под открытым небом, который продает все виды изделий из кожи, ручной трикотаж, текстиль, шерсть и огромный ассортимент типично флорентийского ремесела. Когда вы проходите через ряды рыночных киосков, обратите внимание на стиль либерти рынка Сан-Лоренцо, огромное сооружение из чугуна с большими стеклопакетами, которое было построено в 19 веке. Интерьер рыночного типа разделен на ряды из коридоров, в которых распологаются разнообразные магазины, многие из которых предлагают бесплатную дегустацию, где можно купить вина и по-настоящему свежие продукты, мясо, сыры и рыбу, масла, вина и исконно Тосканские гастрономические блюда.

around San Marco Piazza San Marco


The Museum of San Marco is situated inside the ancient Dominican convent, the spiritual centre of 15th century Florence, and contains the splendid frescoes carried out by Fra Angelico to decorate the monks’ cells. This was where Fra Girolamo Savonarola preached, note the elegant Library, designed by Michelozzo in 1448, with its rich collection of illuminated manuscripts, the first public library of the Renaissance.

The Academy Gallery


The Academy Gallery is one of Florence’s best known museums because it boasts many sculptures by Michelangelo, including the famous David. Pietro Leopoldo, one of the most illuminated of the Lorraine Grand Dukes, commissioned this museum in 1784 creating a real citadel of the arts containing the Academy of Fine Arts and a gallery of paintings and sculptures by old masters to help the studies of the young artists. The rooms contain statues by Giambologna and Michelangelo Flemish tapestries, Medieval furnishing, the famous Adimari Cassone carried out by Masaccio’s brother, Giovanni di Ser Giovanni, a Madonna and Child attributed to Botticelli, and many works by Perugino and other Florentine artists. A large collection of plaster casts by 19th century Tuscan artists is contained in the room on the left. Several rooms are dedicated to 13th and 14th century works of art, including many paintings from the school of Giotto while The last room exhibits a fine collection of Byzantine painters of the same period.

Piazza Santissima Annunziata


The first square of the Renaissance, created by Brunelleschi in the early 15th century boasts many masterpieces of renaissance architecture. The splendid Basilica of Santissima Annunziata was built by Michelozzo over the earlier oratory of the Servants of Mary and contains the miraculous image of Our Lady of the Annunciation. The Ospedale degli Innocenti built by Brunelleschi was the 14

first institution in Europe to take care of abandoned children. Today it contains a small museum of works of art gathered together over the centuries thanks to bequests and donations.

Пьяцца Сан Марко Музей Сан-Марко находится внутри доминиканского монастыря и содержит фрески Фра Анжелико, которые украшают кельи монахов. В этом монастыре проповедовал фра Джироламо Савонарола; обратите внимание на элегантную библиотеку, созданную Микелоццо в 1448 году, первую публичную библиотеку Возрождения.

Галерея Академии Галерея Академии находится на вия Риказоли 60, попасть на эту улицу вы можете с противоположной стороны площади. Это один из самых известных музеев Флоренции, потому что в нем имеется множество скульптур Микеланджело, в том числе знаменитый Давид.

Пьяцца Сантиссима Аннунциата Базилика Аннунциата была основана в 1250 году и расширена несколько раз. Интерьер содержит фрески Андреа дель Сарто, Россо Фиорентино и Понтормо. Прямоугольная площадь была создана в1252 году. Элегантная больница Инноченти (Филиппо Брунеллески), которая изначально предназначалась для брошеных младенцев-сирот , находится слева от базилики.

FASHION VALLEY Ruota al Mandò Leccio Reggello Tel: +39 055 8657798 Fashion Valley is an innovative Contemporaney Shopping Centre with 20 stylish, trendy shops, where all the items are byword for elegance around the world. Situated in Reggello, Incisa, in the heart of hills of Tuscany, Fashion Valley is in the so called “Valley of the Shopping” between other famous outlet. It is considered the starting point for everyone who wants to buy any stylish garment at very good prices. BALLY, VERSACE, TRUSSARDI, JOHN RICHMOND, ERMANNO SCERVINO, SANTONI, VIKTOR&ROLF, ZAGLIANI, I PINCO PALLINO, GIUSEPPE ZANOTTI DESIGN, VIVIENNE WESTWOOD, DSQUARED2, RED VALENTINO are only some of the most famous brands around the world you can find in Fashion Valley. Together with the Jewelry Luxury Zone (CHOPARD, ROLEX, LONGINES, TAG HEUER, PIPPO PEREZ, NANIS, AUDEMARS PIGUET, IWC, LONGINES, POMELLATO, BULGARI) they make Fashion Valley the exclusive destination with high quality collections and competitive prices. Open everyday 10am - 7 pm To book shopping tour Tel: +39 348.4066317


around piazza signoria Piazza della Repubblica


Piazza della Repubblica marks the site of the forum, the centre of the ancient Roman city. The exact present site of the Colonna dell’Abbondanza marks the intersection of the axes of the cardo and decumanus. In medieval times it became the square of the market and later it accomodated the Jewish Ghetto. The present appearance of the square is the result of the city planning announced and carried out on the proclamation of Florence as the capital of Italy with particularly intense activity in this Piazza between 1885 and 1895.

Piazza della Signoria


Via dei Calzaiuoli leads into Piazza della Signoria. The centre of Florentine civic life. After the construction of the Uffizi the square took on the scenic and cultural importance of today. The bronze equestrian statue of Cosimo I by Giambologna, stands near the fountain of Neptune, known as Il Biancone, carried out by Bartolomeo Ammannati. A grey marble plaque in front of the fountain marks the spot where Girolamo Savonarola and his fellow monks were burned at the stake. A copy of the Marzocco, the heraldic lion symbolising Florence, stands on the left of the entrance into Palazzo Vecchio. The Judith and Holophernes by Donatello is also a copy, the original is in the Hall of the Lilies, in Palazzo Vecchio. Michelangelo’s David, is also a copy, the original is in


the Academy Gallery. Baccio Bandinelli’s Hercules and Cacus stands opposite. The eye-catching Loggia of Orcagna also known as dei Loggia Lanzi stands on the corner with the Uffizi square. We can admire 15 statues by the great masters of the Renaissance, among them the Rape of the Sabine, the masterpiece by Giambologna and Benvenuto Cellini’s wonderful bronze statue of the Perseus, recently restored, holding up the head of the Medusa.

Пьяцца Репубблика Пьяцца делла Репубблика обозначала центр древнего римского города. В средние века она была рыночной площадью, а позже там разместилось еврейское гетто. Современный вид площади это результат реорганизации города после провозглашения Флоренции столицей Италии.

Площадь Синьории Вия дей Кальцаиоли ведет к площади Синьории, центру флорентийской общественной жизни. Бронзовая статуя конного Козимо I работы Джамболонья, стоит возле фонтана Нептуна, известного как Бианконе работы Амманнати. Юдифь и Олоферна работы Донателло, Давид Микеланджело и Геркулес побеждающий Какуса Баччо Бандинелли стоят прямо напротив дворца. Лоджия дей Орканья или Ланци расположена на углу с площадью и Уффици. В ее трех стрельчатых арках, мы можем любоваться 15 статуями великих мастеров Возрождения и Персей Бенвенуто Челлини.

Fratelli La Bufala Via dei Neri, 76r - 055.9063912 The Fratelli La Bufala Restaurants are specialist in buffalo mozzarella and dairy products, Neapolitan pizza, buffalo meat and home-made desserts. We offer the unique culinary experience from the Campania region with the simple and traditional food that at the same time is rich of creativity and innovation. hosteria da ganino Piazza dei Cimatori, 4r (corner with Via Dante Alighieri)- 055.214125 In the charming square of Piazza Cimatori on the corner with Via Dante Alighieri you can find an ancient Florentine trattoria where you can taste dishes from the Tuscan cuisine such as pappardelle with hare sauce, tagliatelle with mushrooms or truffles and many other types of pasta; Florentine steak with mushroom hats, tripe and other meat dishes accompanied by a precious selection of excellent Tuscan wines. Open 12-15,30 & 18,30-23. Closed on Sundays 17

Around piazza signoria

Palazzo Vecchio Topped by a projecting battlemented gallery, this majestic palace, with its rusticated ashlar facing and elegant trefoil windows, dominates the square. The 94 metre tower, the highest in the city, rises off-centre to the right. It is the result of several successive building stages between the 13th-16th centuries. The early palace was built by Arnolfo di Cambio in 1298 for the Priors, or representatives of the Guilds, who then governed the Republic. The Palace lost its exclusive political role after 1565, when this was transferred to the Uffizi (Offices) and the royal Pitti Palace. It reclaimed its former glory in the late 19th century when it became the temporary seat of the Italian government and parliament and has housed the City Council since 1872. A tour of the interior includes Michelozzo’s courtyard, the “Dogana” courtyard, the splendid Hall of the Five Hundred. Of note, the Hall of the Two Hundred, the Quarters of Eleanor of Toledo, the Residence of the Priors and the Quarters of Leo X. Most rooms are frescoed. Many artists worked here, including Leonardo and Michelangelo, leaving statues, paintings, ornaments and splendid furnishings in their wake.

Farmacia Molteni Via Calzaiuoli, 7r - 055.215472 Open 24 hours a day, this ancient pharmacy sells a wide choice of derma-cosmetics and gifts, with an expert staff always on hand to offer advice.


Палаццо Веккьо Этот величественный дворец, с его простой облицовкой из тесаного камня и элегантными окнами трилистника, доминирует на площади. 94 метровая башня, самая высокая в городе, поднимается вправо от центра. Дворец был построен Арнольфо ди Камбио в 1298 году для Приори которые были правителями Республики. Дворец потерял свою исключительную политическую роль после 1565 года, когда правительство переехало в Уффици и королевский дворец Питти. Былая слава вернулась к нему в конце 19 века, когда он стал временной резиденцией итальянского правительства и парламента и там, с 1872 года, размещается городской совет. Осмотр интерьера включает двор Микелоццо, двор «Догана»и великолепный зал пятьсот( зал Чинкуеченто).

Around piazza signoria

The Uffizi Gallery


Situated in the harmonious colonnaded square designed by Vasari, a symbol of 16th century Florentine architecture, the Uffizi Gallery was also the first museum to be opened to the public: the Grand Duke in fact gave permission for visitors to tour it from the year 1591. Its four centuries of history make the Uffizi Gallery the oldest museum in the world. The palace was later completed by Buontalenti, who also designed the famous Tribune, to house the administra tive offices (or “uffizi”) of the Government, because Palazzo Vecchio, which also overlooks Piazza della Signoria, had become too small to hold them all. However it was Cosimo’s son Francesco I who was responsible for the palace’s gradual transformation into a museum from 1581, when he closed the Gallery on the second floor with huge windows and arranged part of the Grand Ducal collection of classical statues, medals, jewellery, weapons, paintings and scientific instruments there. Altered and rearranged several times over the centuries, the exhibition rooms are now composed of over 45 rooms containing about 1.700 paintings, 300 sculptures, 46 tapestries and 14 pieces of furniture and/or ceramics. In actual fact the Uffizi owns about 4.800 works, the remainder of which are either in storage or on loan to other museums.

Галерея Уффици Символ флорентийский архитектуры16-го века, галерея Уффици была также первым музем, открывшимся для публики в 1591 году. Инициатива Франциска I, который отвечал за постепенное превращение дворца в музей с 1581 г., когда закрыл галерею с огромными окнами на втором этаже и разместил там выставку великокняжеской коллекции античных статуй, медалей, ювелирных изделий, оружия, картин и научных приборов. На протяжении столетий музей претерпевал изменения и перестановки несколько раз, в выставочных залах в настоящее время находится 45 залов, содержащих около 1700 картин, 300 скульптур, 46 гобеленов и 14 предметов мебели и / или керамики. На самом деле Уффици хранит около 4800 работ, часть которых находится либо на хранении или в других музеях. 20

Gabriella Nanni Via Lambertesca, 28r - 055.214838 Handmade jewellery created with 925 silver and Murano glass, coral, pearls and semiprecious stones. Skilled craftsmen use the ancient “lamp” method to melt pure gold or platinum leaf in with the glass. These precious settings are then all mounted by hand with finishing touches carried out by expert goldsmiths.


Gelateria Santa Trinita P.zza Frescobaldi, 11-13r tel. 055.2381130


Cioccogelateria Venchi P.zza del Mercato Nuovo, 6/7 tel. 055.288505

Coco Lezzone A traditional & historic restaurant Open since 1800

Street names

ice creamery

Tr a t t o r i a

A . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Acciaiuoli (Lung. degli) . . . C 3 Adua (Piazza) . . . . . . . . . . C 1 Agnolo (Via dell’) . . . . E 2 F 3 Alamanni L. (Via) . . . . . . . B 1 Albero (Via dell’) . . . . . . . . B 1 Albizi (Borgo degli) . . . . D-E 2 Alfani (Via degli) . . . . . . D-E 1 Alfieri V. (Via) . . . . . . . . . . F 1 Alighieri D. (Via) . . . . . . . D 2 Allegri (Borgo) . . . . . . . .E 2-3 Amendola G. (Viale) . . . . . F 3 Anguillara (Via dell’) . . . D-E 3 Antinori (Piazza degii) . . . . C 2 Ardiglione (Via dell’) . . . . . B 3 Ariento (Via dell’) . . . . . . . C 1 Ariosto L. (Viale) . . . . . . . A 3

Closed on Tuesday at dinner & Sundays Via del Parioncino, 26r - Florence Tel. 055.287178 - Fax 055.280349

services 1

B . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Banchi (Via dei) . . . . . . . . . C 2 Bardi (Via de’) . . . . . . . . . D 4 Bastioni (Via dei) . . . . . . . . F 4 Beccaria C. (Piazza) - . . . . . F 2 Belfiore (Viale) . . . . . . . . . B 0 Belle Donne (Via delle) . . . C 2 Bellosguardo (Via di) . . . . A 4 Belvedere (Via di) . . . . . D-E 7 Benci (Via de’) . . . . . . . D-E 3 Benevieni G. (Via) . . . . . . . F 1 Borgo Pinti . . . . . . . E 2-3 F 1 Borgo Allegri . . . . . . . . . E 2-3 Brunelleschi (Piazza) . . . D-E 1 Bruno G. (Via) . . . . . . . . . . F 2 Bufalini M. (Via) . . . . . . . D 2 Buonarroti M. (Via) . . . . E 2-3

Farmacia Molteni

Via Calzaiuoli, 7r

tel. 055.215472

shopping 1

Anna P.zza Pitti, 38-40-41r tel. 055.283787


Angela Caputi Giuggiù Via S. Spirito, 58r tel. 055.212972


Typical & Traditional Tuscan platters

Angela Caputi Giuggiù Borgo Ss. Apostoli, 44r

Carteria Tassotti Via dei Servi 9-11r

tel. 055.2645477 5

Erboristeria San Simone Via Ghibellina, 190r

Piazza Santo Spirito, 16r - Tel. 055.2382383

D . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . D’Azeglio M. (Piazza) . . F 1-2 Da Vinci L. (Via) . . . . . . . . . F 1 Demidoff (Piazza) . . . . . D-E 4 Diacceto J. (Via) . . . . . . . . B 1 Diaz (Lg.arno) . . . . . . . . . D 3 Dolfi G. (Via) . . . . . . . . . . . C 1 Donatello (Piazzale) . . . . . F 1 Drago d’oro (Via del) . . . . A 3 Duca d’Aosta (Via) . . . . . . C 1 Duomo (Piazza del) . . . . . D 2 E . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Erta Canina (Via dell’) . . E 4-5 F . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Faenza (Via) . . . . . . . . . . . C 1 Farini L. C. (Via) . . . . . . . . . F 2 Ferrucci E (Lungarno) . . . . . F 4 Ferrucci E (Piazza) . . . . . . . F 4 Ficino M. (Via) . . . . . . . . . . F 1 Fiesolana (Via) . . . . . . . . . E 2 Finiguerra (Via) . . . . . . . . . B 2 Fiume (Via) . . . . . . . . . . . . C 1 Fonderia (Via della) . . . . . A 2 Fortezza (Via della) . . . . . . C 1 Fossi (Via de’) . . . . . . . . . . B 2 Fratelli Rosselli (Viale) . . . . B1 Fra’ Giovanni A. (Via) . . . . F 3 G . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Galilei G. (Viale) . . . . . . F-E 5 Garibaldi G. (Via) . . . . . . . A 1 Ghibellina (Via) . D 2 E 2-3 F3 Ghiberti (Piazza) . . . . . . . . F 2 Giambologna (Via) . . . . . . F 1 Giglio (Via del) . . . . . . . C 1-2 Ginori (Via de’) . . . . . . . . D 1 Giovine Italia (V. della) . . . F 3 GiraldiPecori (Lg.arno) . . . F 3 Giudici (Piazza de’) . . . . . D 3 Giusti G. (Via) . . . . . . . . E-F 1 Goldoni C. (Piazza) . . . . . . B 2

Gondi (Via de’) . . . . . . . . D 3 Gramsci A. (Viale) . . . . . . . F 1 Grazie (Lungarno delle) . D-E 4 Grazie (Ponte alle) . . . . . D 4-5 Greci (Borgo de’) . . . . . . D-E 3 Guazza S. (Via) . . . . . . . . . C 3 Guelfa (Via) . . . . . . . . B 1 C 1 Guicciardini (Lungarno) B-C 3 I . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Il Magnifico L. (Via) . . . . C-D 1 Il Prato (Via) . . . . . . . . . . A 1 Indipendenza (Pzza) . . . C-D 1 Italia (Corso) . . . . . . . . . A 1-2

Gabriella Nanni Via Lambertesca, 28r tel. 055.214838


La Bottega Dei Cristalli Via dei Benci, 51r tel. 055.2344891


Valditevere Via delle Terme, 11-15-17r tel. 055.282707

restaurants 1

Antico Noè Volta di San Piero, 6 r

tel. 055.2340838

Closed on Sundays

Boccanegra Via Ghibellina, 124 r

tel. 055.2001098


Closed on Sundays 3

L . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . La Croce (Borgo) . . . . . . . . F 2 La Pira G. (Via) . . . . . . . . . E 1 Lamarmora A. (Via) . . . . . . E 1 Lambertesca (Via) . . . . . C-D 3 Laura (Via) . . . . . . . . . . . . E 1 Lavagnini S. (Viale) . . . . . . C 1 Leone (Via del) . . . . . . . . A 3 Leone X (Via) . . . . . . . . C-D 1 Leoni (Via dei) . . . . . . . . . D 3 Libertà (Piazza della) . . . . . E 1 Lupi B. (Via) . . . . . . . . . . D 1 M . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Macci (Via de’) . . . . . . . F 2-3 Maffia (Via) . . . . . . . . . . . . B 3 Magenta (Via) . . . . . . . . . A 1 Maggio (Via) . . . . . . . B 4 C 3 Magliabechi A. (Via) . . . . . E 3 Malcontenti (Via dei) . . . . . F 3 Mantellate (Via delle) . . D-E 1 Manzoni A. (Via) . . . . . . . . F 2 Marcello B. (Via) . . . . . . . . B 1 Martelli (Via de’) . . . . . . D 1-2 Masaccio (Via) . . . . . . . . . F 1 Maso F. (Via) . . . . . . . . . . . B 2 Matteotti G. (Viale) . . . . . . E 1 Mattonaia (Via della) . . . . F 2 Mazzetta (Via) . . . . . . . . . . B 4 Mazzini G. (Viale) . . . . . . . F 1 Melarancio (Via del) . . . . . C 1 Mentana (Piazza) . . . . . . D 3 Mercato Centrale( . . . . C-D 1 Metastasio R (Via) . . . . . . A 5 Mezzo (Via di) . . . . . . . . E-F 2 Michelangelo (P.zzal) . . . E-F 4 Michelangiolo (Viale) . . . . . F 5 Micheli R A. (Via) . . . . . . . E 1

Florence Maps

year 15 - issue 1 - dec12 - jan13

Always open

Coco Lezzone Via del Parioncino, 26r

tel. 055.287178


Closed on Sundays

Fratelli La Bufala Via dei Neri, 76r

tel. 055.9063912


Always open

Hosteria da Ganino Piazza dei Cimatori, 4r

tel. 055.214125


Closed on Sundays

Il Grande Nuti Borgo S. Lorenzo, 22-24

tel. 055.210145


Always open

Le Antiche Carrozze Borgo SS. Apostoli, 66

tel. 055.2658156


Always open

Natalino Borgo degli Albizi, 17r

tel. 055.289404

Closed on Mondays

Ostaria dei Centopoveri Via Palazzuolo, 31r

tel. 055.218846


magazine of tourist information, circulation 30.000 copies distributed free and edited by Mega Review srl The editor is no way responsible for any changes in dates, timetables or programmes of exhibitions or other events


Tel +39.055.412199 - Fax +39.055.4360111 email:

Chapeau Via Maggio, 1r tel. 055.289841


tel. 393.8234575 6

Osteria Santo Spirito

tel. 055.292993 4

C . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Calimala (Via) . . . . . . . . . D 2 Calzaiuoli (Via dei) . . . . D 2-3 Campuccio (Via del) . . . . . B 4 Capponi G. (Via) . . . . . . . . E 1 Capponi R (Via) . . . . . . . . . E 1 Carducci G. (Via) . . . . . . . . F 2 Carmine (Piazza del) . . . . . B 3 Carraia (Ponte alla) . . . . B 2-3 Casine (Via delle) . . . . . . . F 3 Castellani (Via de’) . . . . . D 3 Cavour C. (Via) . . . . . . . . D 1 Cellini B. (Lungarno) . . . . . F 4 Cerchi (Via dei) . . . . . . . . D 2 Cerretani (Via de’) . . . . . . . C 2 Cestello (Piazza di) . . . . A-B 2 Chiesa (Via della) . . . A 3 B 4

Ciompi (Piazza de’) . . . . . . E 2 Cittadella (Via) . . . . . . . . A 1 Colonna (Via della) . . . E 1 F 1 Conce (Via delle) . . . . . . . . F 3 Conti (Via de’) . . . . . . . . C 1-2 Corsini (Lungarno) . . . B 2 C 3 Corso (Via del) . . . . . . . . D 2 Costa Scarpuccia . . . . . . . D 4 Curtatone (Via) . . . . . . . . . C 2

Always open 11

Osteria Santo Spirito

Piazza Santo Spirito, 16r

tel. 055.2382383

Always open

o ni pp Ca ino v. G

ti Pin go

zzin i Ma

nai a at to

v. Cimabue

p.zza Madonna della neve LE MURATE v. Ghib ellina e n i s Ca elle v. Th v. d o ua r


v. Giot

ine I t


v.le Duca degli Abru zzi


l c on



’ Ma

lungarno Se


v. Fra’ G.


v. Arnolfo

v. Tripoli

lungarno della Zecca


lungarno Pecori


lungarno del


v. di S. Niccolò v. di S. Nic Porta S. Miniato


cia loia

t t on a Ma v. de ll

tel. 055.2001098 - v. Pao

v. de

v. S

v. d e


c ci rdu v. C a

i Mac c v. de ’

Mac ci v. de lle C on c e

v. de ’

b or g

v. S.



v. M a

MARKET S. Ambrogio


Museo Casa Siviero

p.zza Poggi

lungarno Ce

ponte S. Niccolò


v. de ll

a F or

v.le Pog gi

na c e

v. d e

lvedere v. di Be

p.zza Ferrucci

i Ba

s t io




te M on

he l


e lo

o al

Chiesa di S. Salvatore al Monte

v. Marsupp


v. S




inia t




S. M

a nin Ca ta

r oc

ll’E r

C lle

v. d e


v. d i




lla M


n ar r o v. Bu o

no tof a

C r is

v. de ’

P e pi


Verr a

v. da


’ Be

v. d e


lle B

v. d e



v. M

v. d . S. Gius Basilica ep di Santa Croce pe

v. Ram

g gio

v. Ma

v. T o


Teg o


b or

b or

na sola v. Fi e

inti go P b or


v. V e

z z an

aie ald eC ell v. d

v. F a

a g ol P er ella v. d

ri lmi e v. P a

v. d e

r ac

i S.


v. P r



S er r

v. de ’



r tin



iglio n

ll’Ar d

v. de

agli S er r v. de ’




la Croc BOCCANEGRA e p.zza Ristorante - Via Ghibellina, 124r Beccaria v. Giober ti Osteria - Via Verdi, 27r

p.zza Annigoni


on t


v. Ghib e


p.zza Ghiberti

v. M

v. R o

v. dell’A


v. Colletta

v. Leopardi

v.le d

i er v e’ S v. d

v. del Proconsolo oni

’ Le


r S.

v. P o


ve r e

v. Co

on e

l Le

v. d e



oli v. R i

c as

v. dell’Ulivo

p.zza de’ Ciompi l P op olo

p.zza S. Ambrogio v. Pietrapiana


vou r v. C a

ar tell i

v. de’ M

v. de’ Cerchi

v. d. Medici

v. d. Calzaiuoli

v. Roma

v. Calimala


rago d’O

v. del D


l do


’ Ca v. d e

a aol


tiri de

eg r i

v. S . or i v. G in


ce L a No

orenz o

borgo S. L

v. d. Conti

v. dell a


v. Pellicceria

v. Ma r

br o

os v. F v. B ot t a

v. N Sinagoga ic e Museo Ebraico colini


o All

G al lo

le o na a zi v. N

v. L a

v. M o


hi rig de



v. d

v. d. Vecchietti

or o el M v. d

i os s el M

or o

e’ F v. d

v. de’ Sassetti

a llan


Po elle v. d

v. de’ Pescioni

ci ’ Ca na c v. d e

v. d

iovan v. S. G

osto v.le Ari di P sco nc e Fr a v. S .

illa n

v. Tornabuoni

er o ll’Al b

a v. de er r

igu Fin as o

v. M


o le M v. lung


v. Z a

v. V

v. Tornabuoni

llar r ic e iO Or t gli v. d e

cia . Lu v. S

o s tr al e v. P ura

n c on e v. dell ’A nell


zoli v. Go z

v. S. O n

llotti v. Cava to Ulive on t e v. di M


c el lai v. R u

al d i arib v. G

nt a ag e v. M



Museo Stefano Bardini



p.zza della Calza

m so

v io

e Sospeso


G io

v. Pindemonte


pe t

p.zza Salvemini

v. Lupo


p.zza Demidoff v. de’ Renai

v. Monti

Museo delle Porcellane


o v. B

p.zza de’ Mozzi



v.le Segni

v.le Amendola


Villa Bardini • Museo P. Annigoni • Fondazione R. Capucci FORTE BELVEDERE Collezioni del Novecento

Giardino di Boboli




or d

Fiume Arno

Giardino Bardini


v. Ser Um


e v. R

v. di M



PALAZZO PITTI Galleria Palatina Galleria d’Arte Moderna Museo degli Argenti Galleria del Costume




e’ ta S

c ci

v. del Pont

as a


v. d


v.le Petrarca

a R om


v. M

C ac

de’ M

Museo della Specola


v. G i

del Perugino

de ’

cos t a

Museo Casa Guidi p.zza S. Felice






ar s


z zi

r ta

pr o

it t

et t a


az z



v. M



er r a



r ch



borgo degli Albizi

o v. T

llo S


uc c

v. M

o bb


C or

u v. G


e r.d sd






l Ca

v. S .



A go




. v. S

v. Giano della Be




di Preistoria Preistoria di riuolo OBLATE v. S. E g id io Museo di Antropologia e Etnologia

a v. V

R lla

ponte alla Carraia


e v. d


e v. d


ini t ol



h urc



v. d

C as o



v. dell ’O


ar d



v. d e

S.A.M. Spazio Arti e Mestieri

v. de l

v. n u

v. N


p.zza del Tiratoio

nna p.zza D’Azeglio

lin i


a v. M




v. del Corso Casa di Dante v. Alighieri 6 Badia Fiorentina

o lo



p.zza S. Maria Nuova Museo dell’Opera del Duomo

Cattedrale di Santa Maria del Fiore PIAZZA DUOMO

v. d. Oche


lla C

A lf a



v. di Bellosguardo



v. B



v. de l

va Palazzo

4 Strozzi


C as te


tr i



p.zza S. Francesco di Paola

igna Nuo

v. degli Strozzi 3 p.zza Strozzi

p.zza della Repubblica

v. L a

v. d e gli



f fa


v. della V


v. Tosinghi

l v. de

v. d e

us t



p.zza del Cestello lu ng a r no Chiesa S od erin S. Frediano i in Cestello

Museo Marino Marini

Spedale degli Innocenti

p.zza Brunelleschi accio

v. G i




P uc c



p.zza S. Giovanni

v. de’ Pecori

v. del Campidoglio


v. de ’

io v. dello Stud

p.zza Goldoni

S pa

io v. R

Palazzo Medici Riccardi


a v. L

Cimitero degli Inglesi

Fondazione Scienza e Tecnica

Museo Archeologico Nazionale

p.zza SS. Annunziata


Museo del Bargello v. Ghibellin a 2 Orsammichele 5 2 Palazzo Museo di Casa via Condotta v. Porta Rossa 1 sin v. Vigna Vecchia TEATRO p.zza Davanzati i di S. Chiesa Buonarroti p.zza VERDI Trinita p.zza v. d. Burella S. Trinita v. Calimaruzza PIAZZA p.zza v. d S. Simone S. Firenze 2 SIGNORIA p.zza e l de’ Nerli le T b or g o v. d Museo S. Ferragamo v. Vac N. Sauro er m bor8g ell’A S . Fr e chere e o SS lung ccia 2 diano ng u 4 lu borgo d Palazzo . Ap 3 ar n o ng a illar e ’ Greci o s to 8 r no Vecchio Gui a Galleria li ccia A v c . ciai d. C o ponte S. Trinita PIAZZA v. dell rdin v . p.zza 6 oli L am r v n ’Or to i . o d S. CROCE v. V . Nin ber dei Peruzzi PIAZZA bor ineg te s na v. S. 2 p.zza g c o 1 a i a della Spir 3 p.zza 1 Piattellina DEL CARMINE Stella ito Chiesa v. d 5 p.zza d. Grano e 4 d. S. Remigio ’ Ne Frescobaldi ri Cappella 7 4 v. S. ce Brancacci M on S. Cro Museo Galileo b or g l.arn ac a b or g o Chiesa o S. PONTE o Ar J a 3 p.zza c S. Maria chib Basilica op o VECCHIO usie d. Giudici del Carmine v. de’ Vagellai di S. Spirito ri p.zza Fondazione p.zza lungarn v . de’ V Fondazione Mentana BIBLIOTECA Horne corso o v . G Tasso d e’ B ellut enera de ’ T v. d Salvatore Romano NAZIONALE le Dia ardi ini intor e’ V z ini i d v e r . l a v. d Sgu luti i 3 p.zza c Chiesa c lun garno delle Grazie ella azz ui 11 PIAZZA Cavalleggeri di S. Felicita Chi a lung v. G esa S. SPIRITO arno Torr igia ponte alle Grazie ni

porta S. Frediano

v. B e


v. Ba r

v. d .

v. Trebb



delle Pietre Dure

Biblioteca Medicea-Laurenziana

i v. de’ Cerretani ell p.zza din dell’Olio on




v. d

Cenacolo del Ghirlandaio

p.zza Ognissanti

ponte A. Vespucci

v. de’ Banchi

1 Museo Nazionale Alinari


Basilica della SS. Annunziata

Galleria dell’Accademia

Basilica di S. Lorenzo

t ti




v. nz a ni



elf a


p.zza S. Lorenzo

nn e


v.le A




l de

Cappelle Medicee p.zza 3 Madonna Aldobrandini lio a v. Z

v. Pisan

z uo

D o nn e o le .S

p.zza P. Vettori

uc c

ell Chiesa S. Salvatore o d. Ognissanti


v. d. Belle



Ves p


v. d

v. d

S. R

ar n o


v. P a


ar n o

lung e Ar

Basilica di Santa Maria Novella





p.zza dell’Unità d’Italia v. d. Melarancio

aS ell




v. d


v. So g


a F on

v. M


v. de ll




v. C



p.zza Gaddi

n ato


r go

tali a

z uo


so I


C at

. An v. S


p.zza S. Marco

Musei di Geologia e Paleontologia Mineralogia e Litologia Botanica



c ci

v. P a

. v. S

a da

no toni



c or

er i no



v. G u

p.zza del Mercato Centrale 4

largo Alinari

p.zza a della Stazione

le v. T a dd


Vesp u




a nic

ie n


ar n o


v. P


Museo di S. Marco


elf a



ol f

Cenacolo del Fuligno

Cenacolo di S. Apollonia v. d . Ar az z ie r i

e v. d

v. S

v. G u

e nz a






v. Fa


n en

me v. Fiu


1 ponte alla Vittoria

a nni


r ato

v. M

p.zza V. Veneto

v. C





e to


p.zza Adua



iac c




P v. Il

v.le d






v. d

Piazzale di Porta al Prato

c op


a ni g gi


v. J a

m v. Ala


bb u


v. Valfon


a v. G

os s


N Nazionale (Via) . . . . . . . . . . C 1 Neri (Via de’) . . . . . . . . . . D 3 Nerli (Piazza de’) . . . . . . . . A 3 Niccolini G. B. (Via) . . . . . . . F 2 O Ognissanti (Borgo) . . . . . . . B 2 Ognissanti (Piazza d’) . . . . . B 2 Orcagna (Via) . . . . . . . . . . . F 3 Oricellari Orti (Via) . . . . . . . B 1 Oriuolo (Via dell’) . . . . . . D-E 2 Orto (Via dell’) . . . . . . . . . A 3 P Palazzuolo (Via) . . . . A 1 B 1-2 Palestrina L. (Via da) . . . . . A 1 Palestro (Via) . . . . . . . . . . . A 2 Pandolfini (Via de’) . . . . . D-E 2 Panicale (Via) . . . . . . . . . . . C 1 Panzani (Via dei) . . . . . . . C 1-2 Parione (Via del) . . . . . . . . . C 2 Pecori (Via de’) . . . . . . . . . . C 2 Pellicceria (Via) . . . . . . . . . . C 2 Pepi (Via de’) . . . . . . . . . . . E 2 Pergola (Via della) . . . . . . E 1-2 Petrarca R (Via) . . . . . . . . . A 4 Piattellina (Piazza) . . . . . . . A 3 Piave (Piazza) . . . . . . . . . . . E 3 Pietrapiana (Via) . . . . . . . . . E 3 Pilastri (Via de’) . . . . . . . . E-F 2 Pinti (Borgo) . . . . . . . E 2-1 F 1 Pisana (Via) . . . . . . . . . . . . A 2 Pitti (Piazza de’) . . . . . . . . . C 4 Pitti (Sdrucciolo de’) . . . . C 3-4 Poggi E. (Via) . . . . . . . . . . . C 1 Poggi G. (Piazza) . . . . . . . E-F 4 Ponte all Mosse (Via) . . B-C 1 Por Santa Maria (V) . . . . . C-D 3 Porcellana (Via del) . . . . . . . B 2 Porta Romana (Piazzal) . . . A 5 Porta Rossa (Via) . . . . . . . C-D 3 Porta a Prato (Piazzale) . . . A 1 Porte Nuove (Via) . . . . . . . A 1

Presto S. Martino (Via ) . . . . C 3 Proconsolo (Via del) . . . . . D 2 Pucci (Via de’) . . . . . . . . . . D 1 R Redi R (Viale) . . . . . . . . . . A 1 Renai (Via dei) . . . . . . . . D-E 4 Repubblica (P.zza ) . . . . C-D 2 Ricasoli (Via) . . . . . . . . . . D 1-2 Ridolfi C. (Via) . . . . . . . . . . . C 1 Roma (Via) . . . . . . . . . . . . D 2 Romana (Via) . . . . . . . . . . . C 4 Rondinelli (Via dei) . . . . . . . C 2 Rosselli F.lli (Viale) . . . . . . . . A1 Rucellai B. (Via) . . . . . . . . A-B 1 Ruote (Via delle) . . . . . . . . D 1 S S. Agostino (Via) . . . . . . . B 3-4 S. Ambrogio (Piazza) . . . . . . F 2 S. Antonino (Via) . . . . . . . . . C 1 S. Caterina d’A. (Via) . . . . . . C 1 S. Croce (Borgo) . . . . . . . . . E 3 S. Croce (Piazza) . . . . . . . . . E 3 S. Egidio (Via) . . . . . . . . . . . E 2 S. Felice (Piazza) . . . . . . . . . B 4 S. Firenze (Piazza) . . . . . . . D 3 S.Francesco Paola (Via) . . . C 3 S. Frediano (Borgo) . . . . . A-B 3 S. Gallo (Via) . . . . . . . . . . . D 1 S. Giorgio (Costa di) . . . . . D 4 S. Giovanni (Piazza) . . . . . . D 2 S. Giuseppe (Via di) . . . . . E-F 3 S. Jacopo (Borgo) . . . . . . . . C 3 S. Leonardo (Via di) . . . . . . D 5 S. Lorenzo (Borgo) . . . . . . D 1-2 S. M. Nuova (Piazza) . . . . D-E 2 S. Marco (Piazza) . . . . . . . . D 1 S. Maria (Via) . . . . . . . . . . . B 4 S. Maria Novella (Piaz) . . C 1-2 S. Miniato Monte (Via) . . E 4-5 S. Monaca (Via) . . . . . . . . . . B 3 S. Niccolo’ (Ponte) . . . . . . . . F 4 S. Niccolo’ (Via di) . . . . . . D-E 4 S. Reparata (Via) . . . . . . . . D 1 S. Rosa (Lungamo di) . . . . A 2 S. Spirito (Piazza) . . . . . . . . B 3 S. Spirito (Via di) . . . . . . . B-C 3 S. Trinita (Ponte) . . . . . . . . . C 3 S. Zanobi (Via) . . . . . . . . . . D 1 SS. Annunziata (Piazza) . . . . E 1 SS. Apostoli (Borgo) . . . . . . . C 3 Salvemini G. (Piazza) . . . . . . E 2 Scala (Via della) . . . . . . . A-B 1

Scarpuccia (Costa) . . . . . . . D 4 Serragli (Via de’) . . . . B 3-4 A 4 Serristori (Lungarno) . . . . . . E 4 Servi (Via de’) . . . . . . . . . D 1-2 Signoria (Piazza della) . . . . D 3 Soderini (Lungarno) . A 2 B 2-3 Solferino (Via) . . . . . . . . . . A 1 Speziali (Via) . . . . . . . . . . . D 2 Sprone (Via dello) . . . . . . . . C 3 Stazione (Piazza della) . . . B-C 1 Strozzi (Piazza degli) . . . . . . C 2 Strozzi (Via degli) . . . . . . . . C 2 Strozzi R (Viale) . . . . . . . . . . C 1 Studio (Via dello) . . . . . . . . D 2

Street names

Milton G. (Viale) . . . . . . . C-D 1 Minzoni D.G. (Viale) . . . . E-F 1 Monaco G. (Via) . . . . . . . . . B 1 Monte Uliveto (Via) . . . . . A 2-3 Monte alle Croci (Via) . . E 4-5 Montebello (Via) . . . . . A 1 B 2 Montelungo (Piazzale) . . . . . C 1 Moro (Via del) . . . . . . . . . . . B 2 Mozzi (Piazza dei) . . . . . . . D 4

T Tasso T. (Piazza) . . . . . . . . . A 3 Tegolaio (Borgo) . . . . . . . B 3-4 Tempio (Lungarno del) . . . . F 4 Terme (Via delle) . . . . . . . . . B 3 Tintori (Corso dei) . . . . . . . . E 3 Tornabuoni (Via de’) . . . . C 2-3 Torrigiani (Lungarno) . . . . D 3-4 Toscanella (Via) . . . . . . . . . . C 3 Toselli R (Via) . . . . . . . . . . A 1 Tosinghi (Via de’) . . . . . . . D 2 Tripoli (Via) . . . . . . . . . . . E-F 3 U Uffizi (Piazzale degli) . . . . . D 3 Unità italiana (Piazza ) . . . C 1 V Valfonda (Via) . . . . . . . . . . . B 1 Vecchietti (Via de’) . . . . . . . C 2 Vecchio (Ponte) . . . . . . . . . . C 3 Vellutini (Via dei) . . . . . . . . . C 3 Velluti (Via de’) . . . . . . . . . . C 3 Venezia (Via) . . . . . . . . . . . . E 1 Verdi G. (Via) . . . . . . . . . .E 2-3 Vespucci (Lungarno) . A1-2 B 2 Vespucci A. (Ponte) . . . . . . A 2 Vettori R (Piazza) . . . . . . . . A 2 Vigna Nuova (Via) . . . . . . . . C 2 Vigna Vecchia (Via) . . D-E 2-3 Vinegia (Via) . . . . . . . . . . . D 3 Vittoria (Ponte della) . . . . . A 1 Vittorio Veneto (Piazza) . . . A 1 XX Settembre (Via) . . . . . C-D 1 XXVII Aprile (Via) . . . . . . . . C 1 Z Zara (Via) . . . . . . . . . . . . D-E 1 Zecca Vecchia . . . . . . (L.Ar.) F 3

Enter the magical world of Venetian glass!

La Bottega dei Cristalli di Anna Forconi

Glass of Murano in all shapes, as sparkling as mirrors or as satin-finished as velvet. The magic of Venetian palaces reflected in the delicate shades of the glassware, changing and refinely decorated, the shapes uniquely formed by the mouthblowing technique, in keeping with the antique artisanship of Murano. Tuscan colors, the yellow of sunflowers and tonal gradations of orange and ochre that cast reflecting looks spreading puddles of warm light…

Anna and Claudia, together, also manage their newly opened shop dedicated to all that is superfluous for women. The name:

dettagli per donzelle, comari e... sognatori is a small tale of what you can find in Borgo Albizi 40r, Florence.

Via dei Benci, 51R 50122 Firenze - Tel. 055.2344891- Fax 055.2346930 shop on line:


Around piazza signoria Ponte Vecchio


From the Loggia del Mercato Nuovo where you can find the famous porcellino you can take Via Por Santa Maria, once the main route into the city center, heads straight down to the Ponte Vecchio, the oldest bridge in the city. Orginally constructed with stone fore-starlings and paved in wood, it was the first bridge to be built in Florence in the time of the Roman Legion and crossed the Arno at its lowest lowest fordable point. It was completely rebuilt in stone in 1177 and paved in brick. Note the plaque on the right, on the Por Santa Maria side of the bridge, recalling its destruction in the disastrous flood of 1333. It was on this occasion that the Roman statue of Mars that decorated the bridge was swept away by the flood waters and was never to be found again. The bridge was reconstructed twelve years later with the addition of the shops (1345) by either Taddeo Gaddi or Neri Fioravanti. The design made use of wider arches, rather than the formerly-used round arches, which aided the flow of water, especially when there was a risk of floods and was to set the style for many other bridges in Italy. The new Ponte Vecchio cost 70.000 florins to build and the butcher’s, grocer’s, smith’s and cobbler’s shops on it, 48 in all, had to contribute 600 florins towards the cost. They were replaced by the gold and silversmiths we see today in 1593. Giorgio Vasari built the Vasari Corridor above the bridge for Cosimo I in 1565. It linked the political and administrative Palazzo Vecchio with the royal residence at the Pitti Palace. Crossing the bridge the extremely characteristic Borgo San Jacopo leads towards Via Maggio and the colorful Santo Spirito area. 22

Понте Веккио Вия пор Санта Мария это один из основных маршрутов в центр города, ведущий прямо к Понте Веккио, самому старому мосту в городе. Он был построен во времена римского легиона, в самой низкой точке брода через Арно. Позднее был полностью восстановлен Таддео Гадди или Нери Фиораванти с добавлением магазинов. После наводнения в1333 мост был уничтожен полностью. На новом мосту Понте Веккио было 48 магазинов, мясные и бакалейные лавки и магазины сапожников, которые были заменены в 1593 году ювелирными лавками золотых и серебряных дел, которые мы и видим и сегодня. Джорджо Вазари спроэктировал и построил Вазарианский коридор над мостом для Козимо I в 1565 году. Cioccogelateria Venchi P.zza del Mercato Nuovo, 6/7 corner with Vicolo Calimaruzza, 18 055.288505 - The Venchi Chocogelateria is situated in a historic building in the Mercato Nuovo square. In addition to proposing renowned chocolate and artisanal gelato, the Piedmontese chocolate company offers the possibility of trying an exceptional ‘draught’ chocolate spread, made with extra virgin olive oil, hazelnuts and premium cocoas, then packaged into jars on the spot.

Oltrarno district Pitti Palace


The southern side of the Ponte Vecchio leads towards the quarter of Santo Spirito, where popular and artisan traditions are still very much alive. The Pitti Palace has housed three royal dynasties, the Medici, the Lorraine and the Savoy families, and contains their prestigious collections in the Palatine Gallery, the Silver Museum and the Gallery of Modern Art. It is certainly the largest museum complex in the city. Piazza Pitti marks the start of the visit to the palace. Filippo Brunelleschi designed the original square-shaped building for the merchant Luca Pitti; the Medici family bought it in 1550, during the reign of Cosimo I, and work immediately got under way on the enlargements under Bartolomeo Ammannati. The left-hand wing contains the wonderful collection of paintings and statues made up of masterpieces from private Medici collections that includes many masterpieces by artists like Filippo Lippi, Raphael, Andrea del Sarto and the famous portraits by Titian, Veronese and Tintoretto, as well as important works by Caravaggio, Rubens, Pietro da Cortona and other Italian and European masters of the Renaissance and the 17th century. The Gallery route continues with a visit to the Royal Apartments, formerly the residence of the Medici family.

Дворец Питти Дворец Питти был резиденцией королевских династий - Медичи, Лотарингии и Савойи и содержит их престижные частные коллекции, расположенные в Галерее Палатина. Филиппо Брунеллески спроектировал дворец в 1440 году для купца Луки Питти, Медичи купили его в 1550 году, во время правления Козимо. Дворец содержит великолепную коллекцию картин и статуй из частных коллекций Медичи, включая в себя работы таких художников, как Филиппо Липпи, Рафаэля, Андреа дель Сарто и знаменитые портреты Тициана, Веронезе и Тинторетто, а также шедевры Караваджо, Рубенса, Пьетро да Кортона и других итальянских и европейских мастеров эпохи Возрождения и 17-го века.

Сады Боболи Форта-Бельведер Двор дворца Питти выходит на необыкновенной красоты Сады Боболи в чисто итальянском стиле. Сады растянулись по холмам до самого Форта Бельведер, крепости 16 века, построенной Бернардо Буонталенти в качестве монетного двора казны Медичей. .с Форта открывается захватывающая панорама на город и его окраины. 24

Anna Piazza Pitti, 38-40-41r - 055.283787 Situated in a 14th century tower in one of Florence’s most famous and touristy squares, Anna offers a vast selection of prestigious leatherwear and accessories, from leather jackets and coats, sheepskin jackets and travel bags to beautiful knitwear and a wide range of famous brand names.

Boboli Gardens to Fort Belvedere


The courtyard gives on to the huge and very beautiful Boboli Gardens in Italian style created for the Medici family by architect and sculptor Niccolò Pericoli. The garden itself started a fashion that laid the basis for all the royal gardens in Europe, including Versailles. Buontalenti invented a great many Mannerist elements to decorate these splendid gardens, among them the Large Grotto, with fountains and statues by Ammannati, Giambologna and Tacca. In the 17th century, Giulio and Alfonso Parigi carried out the stone Amphitheatre, where many theatrical performances were held, the great cypress alley and the square and pool of Isolotto. The last additions, like the Coffee house, the Lawn of the Columns and the Lemonary, were built in 18th century by the Lorriane family. Pietro Leopoldo opened the gardens to the public in 1776. The gardens stretch up the hill as far as Fort Belvedere, a 16th century fortress, built by Bernardo Buontalenti as a stronghold for the Medici treasury, which offers a really unique view over the city from its grounds.

Angela Caputi Giuggù Via S. Spirito, 58r - 055.212972 Borgo SS. Apostoli, 44r - 055.292993 Angela Caputi, “Giuggiù” since 1975, is one of the most important firms in Italy for high fashion costume jewellery. Angela’s beautiful creations reflect her character for she loves to mix different materials together to create interesting combinations of colours and shapes. All made in synthetic materials, the final results are the uniquely original pieces that characterise her brand. CHAPEAU Via Maggio, 1r - 055.289841 (corner with Via dello Sprone and Piazza De’ Frescobaldi) You will find food of the highest quality produced locally and supplied directly by small Tuscan suppliers. Fresh bread and Bozza Pratese made with natural rising agents is available every day. You can stop for a quick lunch or dinner, enjoy a delicious and rich snack with Chapeau’s specialties... while comfortably seated in the restaurant section of the store. 25

oltrarno district The Square & Church of Santo Spirito


A series of narrow streets link Piazza Pitti with Via Maggio, which hosts the showrooms of the famous Florentine antiquarians. From here, Via Sant’Agostino leads to the picturesque square of Santo Spirito surrounded by 15th century palaces and completed by a pretty garden with a fountain in the centre. Enjoy the popular and rather bohemian atmoshere of the square which is always a hive of activity, due partly to the area market held here every morning, but also to the fact that many Florentines still live and work here. The Church of Santo Spirito, standing at the far end of the square is one of the most important monuments in Florence and a masterpiece of Renaissance architecture. The starkly imposing facade with its characteristic ‘orillons’ and elegant bell tower (Baccio d’Agnolo), closes off one end of the square. The octagonal Sacristy, designed by Giuliano da Sangallo and Simone del Pollaiolo, known as Cronaca, contains the ‘Crucifix’ in wood, a youthful work by Michelangelo, and other works of art.


Площадь и церковь Святого Духа Живописная площадь СантоСпирито, в окружении дворцов 15века, завершается прекрасным садом с фонтаном в центре. Наслаждайтесь популярной и довольно богемной атмосферой площади, которая полна жизни как улей, отчасти благодаря деятельности рынка, который вы найдете здесь каждое утро, но также и потому, что это центр жизни и работы многих флорентийцев. Церковь Санто-Спирито, на дальнем конце площади это шедевр архитектуры эпохи Возрождения. На площади выделяется ее фасад с его характерной аскетичной красотой и элегантная колокольня (Баччо д'Аньоло), которые дополняют самобытность площади. Восьмиугольная ризница, спроэктированная Джулиано да Сангалло и Симоне дель Поллайоло, известного как Кронака, содержит резное деревянное «Распятие», работы молодого Микеланджело, и другие произведений искусства.

oltrarno district

Piazza del Carmine & the Brancacci Chapel


The Church of Santa Maria del Carmine in the Oltrarno area is situated in characteristic Piazza del Carmine. The church is well worth visiting for the Brancacci Chapel, the masterpiece of Renaissance painting. The entrance to the Brancacci Chapel is on the right of the steps up to the church. Masolino di Panicale, originally Masaccio’s teacher, was commissioned to do the cycle of frescoes, but Masaccio, whose talent had surpassed his master, took over from him in 1424-5. In 1428 Masaccio died at the age of 26 and the cycle was completed only after 1480-85 by Filippino Lippi. These frescoes, were to influence generations of artists and pave the way for the Florentine Renaissance. The Brancacci Chapel became the school of the Florentine Renaissance painters, Alberti and Leonardo wrote about it, Michelangelo studied it, it was mentioned by historians and writers and found immediate fame among his contemporaries.

Пьяцца дель Кармине и Часовня Бранкаччи

Osteria Santo Spirito Piazza S.Spirito 16r - Tel. 055.2382383 Lunch or dine at the tables overlooking enchanting Piazza Santo Spirito or in the colourful rooms inside the Osteria Santo Spirito, situated in the Oltrarno, one of the most characteristic areas in Florence. The menu includes typical and traditional Tuscan platters accompanied by some interesting new variations. The wines and desserts are excellent. Ristorante Il Guscio Via dell’Orto, 49 - 055.224421 Typical Tuscan cuisine the dishes are all “home made”, from the starters to the desserts. The cuisine is inspired by traditional dishes found in long-forgotten recipes. For lunch you can choose to eat on a small menu. The cellar boasts an excellent choice of more than 500 wine labels. During the warm season you can dine in the outdoor terrace. Prior reservations are advised.

Церковь Санта-Мария дель Кармине, расположена на характерной площади Пьяцца дель Кармине, в области Ольтрарно. Церковь стоит посетить также ради часовни Бранкаччи, шедевра живописи эпохи Возрождения. Мазолино ди Паникале, первому учителю Мазаччо, было поручено сделать цикл фресок, но Мазаччо, чей талант превзошел своего маэстро, продолжил их роспись в 1424-5. В 1428 Мазаччо умер в возрасте 26 лет и цикл был завершен только в 1480-85 мастером Филиппино Липпи. Эти фрески, оказали влияние на поколения художников и стали основополагающими для флорентийского Ренессанса. 27

around S. MAria Novella Santa Maria Novella


Piazza Santa Maria Novella is dominated by the breathtaking facade of its Basilica, the masterpiece of Leon Battista Alberti (1456-70), though the lower part dates from the 14th century. The church was founded in 1246 and built in typical Gothic style by Dominican architects (Fra Ristoro da Campi and Fra Sisto). The bell tower was used as a watch tower for locating fires in the city. The interior was originally frescoed throughout but Vasari had the walls whitewashed, the choir demolished and tabernacles installed. It still contains many wonderful masterpieces, from the great rose window, attributed to Andrea Bonaiuti (after 1365), to the lunette with Nativity attributed to Botticelli; worth noting, the Rucellai Chapel (works by Nino Pisano and Lorenzo Ghiberti), the Bardi-Ilarioni Chapel (14th century frescoes), the Strozzi Chapel (murals by Filippino Lippi, sculpture by Benedetto da Maiano), the Chancel (frescoes by Domenico Ghirlandaio and school, Crucifix by Giambologna), the Gondi Chapel (décor by Sangallo, wooden Crucifix attributed to Brunelleschi), the Gaddi Chapel (décor by G.A.Dosio, murals by Alessandro Allori, altarpiece by Bronzino, bas-reliefs by Giovanni dell’Opera), the Strozzi Chapel (altarpiece by Orcagna, murals by Nardo di Cione), and lastly the Sacristy with the painted


cross attributed to Giotto above the door (works by Giovanni della Robbia, Maso di Bartolomeo, Masaccio, Davide and Benedetto Ghirlandaio, Neri di Bicci, pulpit designed by Brunelleschi). From here you can visit the Green Cloisters (with frescoes illustrating the Old Testament by Paolo Uccello), the Spanish Chapel (altarpiece by Bernardo Daddi, murals by school of Allori), the Cloister of the Dead (murals from the circle of Maso and Nardo di Cione) and the Refectory (murals by Allori). Outside in the square, whose limits were established by decree in 1287, you can see the two obelisks set on turtles by Giambologna, once used as markers for chariot races. The Loggia of the old Hospital of S. Paolo dei Convalescenti (with glazed terracottas of Della Robbia school), stands right opposite the Basilica. The house with the tabernacle on the corner previously belonged to the Guild of Doctors. All that remains of the old Chapel of S. Nicola (1333) is at no. 16, Via della Scala, replaced in 1612 by the Pharmacy of Santa Maria Novella. Nearby you can find the Croce al Trebbio, erected in 1308 to commemorate St. Peter Martyr’s Dominican militants.

Санта Мария Новелла Над площадью Санта Мария Новелла доминирует захватывающий фасад его базилики, шедевр Леон Баттиста Альберти, хотя постройка самой базилики началась задолго до 14-го века. Церковь была основана в 1246 году и построена в типичном готическом стиле Доминиканскими архитекторами. Интерьер содержит много замечательных шедевров, начиная от больших ветражей, люнет с темами Рождества , предположительно работы Боттичелли. Стоит отметить часовню Ручеллаи, часовню БардиИллариони, часовню Строцци, часовню Гонди, часовню Гадди и, наконец, ризницу с росписным распятием над дверью, предположительно работы Джотто. Здесь же вы можете посетить Зеленые крытые аркады, испанскую часовню , обитель мертвых и трапезную. На площади, которая была построена на указу в 1287 году, вы можете увидеть два обелиска установленых на бронзовых черепахах работы Джамболонья, которые когдато использовали в качестве маркеров для гонок колесниц.

Ostaria dei Centopoveri Via Palazzuolo, 31r - 055.218846 Its name is ancient and comes from time when the nobility offered one hundred poor people a free meal on the last day of Carnival at the Church of San Francesco once in this same street. Today the Ostaria’s menu is typically Tuscan, like the interior with its terracotta floors and wood-panelled ceilings, and the white ceramic tiles covering the counter. It is just like walking into a warmly hospitable house in the country. Since 2008 the Restaurant has doubled itself adding a new area for Pizzeria.


around s. maria novella

Via della Vigna Nuova & Via Tornabuoni


One of Florence’s main shopping streets, it takes its name from an old vineyard that belonged to the monks of San Pancrazio. The street boasts several fascinating and very beautiful monuments, among them the splendid Palazzo Rucellai, composed of a series of small mediaeval houses incorporated behind a single façade. It was carried out by Bernardo Rossellino. Leon Battista Alberti is attributed the elegant Loggia Rucellai opposite. Today this street, an off-shoot of Via Tornabuoni, hosts some of Florence’s most elegant and exclusive fashion stores. The beautifully arranged windows, displaying some of the best designed haute couture, leather goods, jewelery and knits in the world, often Florentine-made, are a joy for the eyes and not necessarily a pain for the purse. Lined with elegant houses Via Tornabuboni is Florence’s most exclusive and fashionable shopping street, whose shop windows flaunt all the most famous names in international haute couture. It is well worth walking along the entire length of the street as far as Piazza Antinori, with its Palace and Baroque church, and Via Rondelli, to be able to fully appreciate all its fashionable stores.

Виа делла Винья Нуова и Вия Туорнабуони Одна из самых известных улиц Флоренции для шоппинга, берет свое название от старых виноградников, принадлежавших монахам СанПанкрацио. Улица имеет несколько достопримечательностей и красивых памятников, в том числе великолепный Дворец Ручеллаи, состоящий из ряда небольших средневековых домов обьедененных одним фасадом. Сегодня эта улица, где расположены самые элегантные и эксклюзивные магазины моды Флоренции. Наравне с элегантными домами Виа Торнабуони - наиболее эксклюзивной и модной торговой улицей Флоренции, чьи витрины щеголяют всеми самыми известными именами международной моды, стоит площадь Антинори, с его дворцом и церковью в стиле барокко, Виа Ронделли.

Le Antiche Carrozze Borgo SS. Apostoli, 66 (Piazza S. Trinita corner) - 055.2658156 One of the first Trattoria to open in the heart of Florence & once a popular diner for carriage drivers. Overlooking Piazza Santa Trinita, home-cooked food with quality ingredients, pizzas cooked in a wood burning oven & a wide selection of Tuscan wines. Coco Lezzone Via del Parioncino, 26r 055.287178 One of the oldest & most authentic restaurants in Florence, proposing dishes based on ancient recipes made with the best products on the market “just like Granny used to make”. The menu is matched with excellent wines.


around s. maria novella 32

Palazzo Strozzi


One of the finest examples of Renaissance domestic architecture. Palazzo Strozzi was commissioned by the Florentine merchant Filippo Strozzi and the foundations were laid in 1489 according to a design by Benedetto da Maiano. A year later the project was given to Simone del Pollaiolo, known as Cronaca, who worked on it until 1504 but the Palazzo was only finally finished in 1538. The Palazzo remained the property of the Strozzi family until 1937, and since 1999 it has been managed City of Florence. Since the Second World War the Palazzo has been Florence’s largest temporary exhibition space. The Palazzo Strozzi now hosts three major exhibitions annually, and is open year-round with a café/bar, and a permanent exhibition on the history of the Palazzo Strozzi. In November 2007 the spaces under the courtyard were re-opened as the Centre for Contemporary Culture Strozzina and host a wide variety of activities including exhibitions and events designed to appeal to a broad spectrum of users of all ages. Some of the finest wrought-iron work can be admired on the exterior walls of the Palace: rings for tethering horses during completion of the building, hooks to hold the rods on which caged birds or festive hangings were suspended, while the great spiked lamps on the corners, designed by Benedetto da Maiano, were a sign of dignity and rank that could only be granted by the City Council. They were made by Niccolò Grosso, known as “il Caparra” (advance down-payment), because he refused to give his clients any credit. When news reached Florence of Amerigo Vespucci’s discoveries, the Lords of the city, sent torches to the house which were lit for three days and three nights.

Палаццо Строцци Палаццо Строцци был построен по заказу флорентийского купца Филиппо Строцци в 1489 году по проекту Бенедетто да Mайано. Дворец оставался в собственности семьи Строцци до 1937 года, а с 1999 года поступил в собственность города Флоренции. После Второй мировой войны дворец стал крупнейшим выставочным центром Флоренции . Палаццо Строцци в настоящее время предлагает три крупные выставки ежегодно, помимо постоянно действующей экспозиции по истории Палаццо Строцци.


Санта Тринита

Piazza Santa Trinita is dominated by the Baroque façade of the Church of Santa Trinita containing the Sassetti Chapel, with frescoes by Ghirlandaio. The church stands opposite Palazzo Spini Ferroni. This ancient fortress was one of Arnolfo di Cambio’s first works and today the home of the Ferragamo fashion house. The river is crossed at the end of Via Tornabuoni by the Ponte Santa Trinita, built in 1557 by Ammannati, destroyed in 1944 and rebuilt in 1958, after dredging as many of the original stones as possible from the Arno. The four statues of the seasons, set on the corners of the bridge, are still the originals.

На площади Санта Тринита доминирует фасад в стиле барокко церкви Санта-Тринита со знаменитой часовней Сасетти и фресками Гирландайо. Церковь стоит напротив Палаццо Спини Феррони. Это древняя крепость была одной из первых работ Арнольфо ди Камбио и сегодня там располагается дом дом моды Ферагамо. Река протекат в конце Вия Торнабуони от Понте Санта Тринита, построенном в 1557 году Амманнати, который был уничтожен в 1944 году и восстановлен в 1958 году.

Lungarno Acciaioli

Набережная Аччайоли

The Arno end of Via Tornabuoni cuts into Lungarno Acciaiuoli, which follows the river and gives onto a magnificent and perhaps unique view of the Ponte Vecchio. The Arno itself is lined with many imposing palaces, one of the most impressive of which is Palazzo Corsini on Lungarno Corsini in the opposite direction.

Набережная Аччайоли вдоль Арно начинается сразу за вия Торнабуони. Вдоль набережной распологаются множество величественных дворцов, один из самых впечатляющих это Палаццо Корсини на Набережной Корсини.

VALDITEVERE Via delle Terme, 11-15-17r 055.282707 - Valditevere is a couture fashion house creating women’s Made-to-measure dress-wear as well as clothes for ceremonies and society debuts (18th birthday parties), coats, jackets, skirts and blouses, all of them rigorously made in Florence with Italian fabrics like Silk Shantung, Shantung pl, silk voile, Piquet, Wool, Cashmere and Linen. It offers a wide range of accessories and can also ship samples for viewing anywhere in the world. Gelateria Santa Trinita P.zza Frescobaldi, 12/13r 055.2381130 Wine & Pastry Shop: Real Artisan Ice Cream made with the fresch fruit of the season home-made cream as in florentine recipes of the past the very latest types of ice-cream and confectionary. Wide choice of typical Tuscan sweetmeats, gift packs and vast selection of wines with the chance to ship your gifts alla over the world.

around s. maria novella

Santa Trinita

around Santa croce Santa Croce


The huge rectangular square, one of the busiest in Florence, was where the population once listened to the preaching of the Franciscan friars or watched tournaments, like the Florentine football game, still played here even today. The Basilica was originally a small oratory founded, according to tradition, by St. Francis when he passed through Florence between 1217 and 1221. The construction of the new Basilica is attributed to Arnolfo di Cambio. His design was based on spatial grandiosity, with the structural elements carried out with rational clarity and sobriety. It is built on the plan of an Egyptian cross, with the interior divided into three naves, a chancel and a transept full of chapels whose patronage was reserved for the most illustrious families in this quarter of the city: the Bardi and Peruzzi families were the foremost, but there were also the Tosinghi, Pulci, Rinuccini and Alberti families...The walls of these chapels and the entire church were immediately covered in frescoes by Giotto and his school, who turned the basilica into a museum of Florentine Trecento painting. The same artists also designed the wonderful luminous stained glass windows.


When at last the church was finished in 1442, it was consacrated by Pope Eugene IV. The facade was left undecorated, in fact it was not completed until 1857-63, more or less at the same time as the Belltower was rebuilt to replace the original one which had been struck by lightning. New architectural additions were introduced thanks to the patronage of Cosimo “the Elder” de’ Medici and Andrea de’ Pazzi. The former had the Chapel of the Novitiate built next to the Sacristy in 1434-45 by Michelozzo and decorated by Andrea della Robbia and Mino da Fiesole; the latter sponsored the Pazzi Chapel, in the first cloister or Cloister of the Dead, designed by Filippo Brunelleschi and started in around 1430. Brunelleschi also designed the second Cloister of the Convent, or Greater Cloister, continued after his death by Bernardo Rossellino with a fine entrance door by Benedetto da Maiano. The Basilica also contains numerous examples of typically Renaissance sculpture. The most famous of these is the Crucifix by Donatello and his aristocratic Annunciation in grey stone with gilded highlights recently restored by the Opificio delle Pietre Dure. Nor should we forget

Церковь Санта-Кроче Базилика была первоначально построена как небольшой ораторий, основанный, в соответствии с преданием, святым Франциском Ассизким, когда он проходил через Флоренцию в 1217 году. Строительство новой базилики приписывается Арнольфо ди Камбио. Интерьер разделен на три нефа, алтарь и поперечные нефы с множеством часовен. Посетите Часовню послушников, рядом с Ризницей Микелоццо, Часовню Пацци, в первом монастыре, проэкта Филиппо Брунеллески. Базилика также содержит многочисленные произведения скульптуры эпохи Возрождения. Самым известным из них является Распятие Донателло. Присутствие множества погребальных памятников и надгробных плит привело к тому, что Базилика считалась своего рода Пантеоном, местом захоронения самых выдающихся граждан Флоренции. Здесь находятся могилы Таддео Гадди и графа Уголино делла Герардеска, а также другие знаменитости, прославившие Италию , такие как Микеланджело, Галилео Галилей, Витторио Альфьери.

La Bottega dei Cristalli Via dei Benci, 51r - 055.2344891 Murrine multicolor paperweights, shaded glasses, decorated plates, frames, boxes and much more... All created as one-of-a-kind pieces in the sparkling Murano glass according to the traditional Venetian craftsmanship, and selected just for you! Natalino Borgo Albizi 17r - 055.289404 Enjoy a genuine Florentine meal in this historic restaurant situated inside a deconsacrated church, whose ancient decorations are still visible. It is famous for its grilled fish and meat specialities.The restaurant and just in front of it the wine bar are ideal for lunchtime breaks, offering typical platters, tasty snacks and sandwiches and also selling bottles of excellent vintage wine.


around santa croce 36

the Pulpit by Benedetto da Maiano or the Madonna of Milk by Antonio Rossellino, placed above the tomb of Francesco Nori, prior of the Republic and who died saving Lorenzo the Magnificent’s life at the time of the “Pazzi Conspiracy”. Lastly, the two funeral monuments by Bernardo Rossellino and Desiderio da Settignano. The former, dedicated to Leonardo Bruni, humanist and Chancellor of the Republic, is considered a prototype among Renaissance tomb monuments. The presence of a great many funeral monuments and tombstones has led to the Basilca being thought of as the National Pantheon, the burial place of Italy’s most illustrious citizens. Somewhere here lie the tombs of Taddeo Gaddi and Count Ugolino della Gherardesca. Other famous inmates include Michelangelo, Galileo Galilei, Vittorio Alfieri. Unfortunately the monument to Dante, whose remains repose at Ravenna, is only a cenotaph. Other tombs can be found in the first cloister, beneath the loggia attached to the church, and in an undergound corridor. The latter form a complete range of Neoclassical and Romantic sculpture. The Cloister, which also contains the entrance to the Museum, can be reached

The Bargello & Dante neighborhood 2 The Bargello was built between 1255 and 1261 for the Captain of the People and was therefore once a symbol of authority and power in Florence. Its unknown architect (or architects) took his inspiration from the Castle of the Counts Guidi at Poppi and the same design was used for almost all the town halls in Tuscany. The building later became the residence of the Podestà (1261) and other magistrates. However, in 1574, it was downgraded to become the headquarters of the Captain of Justice, the Bargello or head of the police force. It served this purpose for three centuries, earning itself a sorry fame as a prison but, after the Risorgimento, it was completely restored, becoming the National Museum in 1865. The high battlemented tower, known as the Volognana, was built in the 12th century as a private tower house. The splendid inner courtyard, with its arched porticoes and 14th to 16th century coats of arms, has retained all its original mediaeval aspect. The staircase on one side is

by Neri di Fioravante. The fine Hall of the General Council, also designed by Neri di Fioravante, now the Hall of Donatello, contains many works by the great Florentine sculptor, among them the bronze ‘David’ (1430 ca.) and the St. George carried out for Orsanmichele. Apart from sculptures by Desiderio da Settignano, Michelozzo and Verrocchio and ceramics by Luca della Robbia, the museum also contains works in bronze by Giambologna and Benvenuto Cellini, as well as the two bronze panels by Ghiberti and Brunelleschi for the competition of 1401 for the North Door of the Baptistery, won by Ghiberti. The Michelangelo Room contains the great sculptor’s Bacchus, Pitti Tondo, David Apollo and the Bust of Brutus, together with works by Jacopo and Andrea Sansovino, Ammannati, Baccio Bandinelli and Tribolo. This is a very old part of Florence, as it ios called the Dante neighorhood, in the vicinity you can find the House of Dante and the splendi church of Santa Maria Assunta or Badia Fiorentina, Florence’s oldest monastery.

Барджелло Повернув направо на Виа дель Проконсоло, следуя древней линии расположения римских стен, вы попадаете к Барджелло. Это часть средневекового дворца сначала являлась тюрьмой и местом Верховного Судьи. Сегодня этот музей скульптуры содержит шедевры Брунеллески, Микеланджело, Челлини, Джамболонья и Донателло.

around santa croce

Boccanegra Via Ghibellina, 124 r 055.2001098 Situated in 16th century Palazzo Salviati this restaurant, with its period styled interior and 19th century furniture, offers an elegant environment. The Restaurant offers a haute cuisine based on meat and fish, cooked using ancient but revisited local recipes, all spectacularly arranged. The cellars, which contain a carefully selected range of wines, are situated in the foundations of the building, built onto the lower parts of the ancient walls of Florence. L’Antico Noè Volta di S. Piero, 6r - 055.2340838 Antico Noè is hosted under the characteristic old arch of San Pierino. Have lunch or dinner sitting at the tables of the Osteria with wonderful Chianina Steaks. Enjoy fine Tuscan platters made only with fresh and genuine ingredients and local products along with the best Tuscan wines to slow jazz tunes. Enter the legendary Sandwich-Bar and customize your own sandwich in full Florentine tradition, chicken, turkey, cheeses, sauces, vegs and own produced roasted meats. From 5pm Tuscan Aperitif antica Erboristeria San simone Via Ghibellina, 190r - 393.8234575 Ancient Erboristeria San Simone estabilished in early XVIII cent. is one of the oldest shops in Florence. In three centuries of experience it has developed a scientific knowledge of the therapeutic effect of herbs, flowers and fruits. Showcasing 500 different types of tisane and herb teas, it has recently enlarged its offers to cosmetic products, own-produced creams for all kind of skins, shampoos and bath foams. The shop also has its own line of ambience perfumes and essences both for the house and the body. Antica Erboristeria San Simone offers the possibility to create custom perfumes for his clients and organizes courses in artisan perfumery.


around santa croce 38

San Miniato al Monte & Piazzale Michelangelo 3

Церковь Сан-Миниато Площадь Микеланджело

Built on an even older church, the basilica and attached Benedictine monastery were founded by Bishop Hildebrand on the site where, according to tradition, the martyr St. Miniato was buried. The church is a masterpiece of Tuscan Romanesque architecture. Its green and white marble façade is considered one of the finest examples of the Romanesque style. Built between the 11th and 13th centuries, it contains many fine artworks such as the chapel of the “Crucifixion” by Michelozzo and the chapel of the Cardinal of Portugal both decorated by Luca della Robbia and the splendid frescoes by Spinello Aretino, depicting “Scenes from the Life of St. Benedict”. The huge square of Piazzale Michelangelo is famous throughout the world for its view over the monumental city center. The square, the gardens and the boulevards leading down to Florence, together with the other avenues encircling the city, were created by Giuseppe Poggi in 1869 when it was temporarily the Capital of Italy.

Выйдя из стен древней Флоренции через ворота Сан-Миниато, е следуя по живописной аллее в окружении кипарисов , направляемся к церкви Сан Миниато аль Монте. Ее бело-зеленый мраморный фасад считается одним из лучших примеров флорентийского Базилика и Бенедиктинский монастырь Сан Миньато а Монте один из шедевров Тосканского зодчества Римского периода был построен между 11 и 13 веками , фасад созданный в белозеленом мраморе является одним из лучших образцов Римского стиля. В нескольких шагах от Сан Миньато находится знаменитая во всем мире смотровая площадка Микеланджело, предлагающая незабываемый вид на город и его монументы. Огромный квадрат площади Микеланджело известен во всем мире как смотровая площадка, с которой открывается захватывающее зрелице на центр города, на площади, сады и бульвары Флоренции, а также на ее холмистые окрестности.

i gigli

I Gigli Shopping Center Via San Quirico, 165 Campi Bisenzio (FI) 055.8974546 - Gigli, with its 14,5 million visitors a year, is definitely Tuscany’s most popular shopping destination. I Gigli Shopping Center is truly a shopper’s paradise, featuring numerous department stores, a host of familiar favourites and hundreds of unique stores exclusive to I Gigli such as: Apple, H&M, C&A, Hollister, Timberland, Zara, Coin, Foot Locker, Conte of Florence, and many others. No place is better than I Gigli if you enjoy shopping. With 134 stores, a hypermarket, restaurants, you’re sure to find everything you’re looking for and more. I Gigli offers over 18 restaurants, coffee bars, pubs and bars where you can relax. I Gigli is located in Campi Bisenzio near Florence, easily accessible from the A11 freeway (exit at Prato Est), or by bus (Lazzi and Cap company) which departs directly from Florence Santa Maria Novella railway station for I Gigli. Exciting entertainment shows with special events available on and 16 cinemas at multiplex UCI CINEMA. I Gigli is open from Monday to Saturday from 9 am to 22 pm. Sunday and holidays from 9 am to 9 pm.


Florence Maps: Dicembre 2012 / Gennaio 2013  
Florence Maps: Dicembre 2012 / Gennaio 2013  

Distribuito gratuitamente nei migliori Hotel di Firenze.