Page 1

Art Fund Collaborative Brief Brief: To produce a campaign encouraging students to buy the Art Fund Student card, following the Art Fund guidelines Process: This was part of a collaboration, so I sketched out the compositions, then paper cut them and turned them into flat colour vectors in Illustrator Outcomes: A set of campaign posters Reflections: The content ideas for this project came from my collaboration partner, who came up with six scenes to illustrate. She gave me a mood board of the kind of illustrations she liked, and we had little communication again until I sent over four of the images. I should have stayed more in contact with her, as once I sent over the paper cut drawings, it was evident it was flat colour she wanted, so I had to revise them. Near the end of the project it became clear that we had crossed wires about the colour palettes also, so ended up with a compromise of colours. This taught me a great deal about communication, as well as setting achievable time line targets, so that I am able to effectively balance my tasks and don’t take on too much work. I found the pressure of creating a lot of work for someone else quite stressful and demanding.

Megan Ojari || LAUIL603 || Art Fund Collaborative Brief


Since I didn’t have much experience drawing people, this project was a challenge for me, but I enjoyed the actual image creation in the end. Something I struggled with was the addition of details, as I wanted there to be interest through elements of pattern, but I didn’t want the compositions to be too busy. Through the use of vectors I had to remove a lot of the texture and pattern I had includes, which forced me to get rid of this aspect. Something I struggled with was getting the entire range done, as some of the ideas I intended to illustrate I really struggled with, so I dropped two of the designs. I would have liked to go back to them, but I ran out of time near the end. However this project has really increased my confidence in drawing people and character, and even though I still think there are many improvements I could make in their form, I feel that I will be able to communicate characters more successfully in future projects. This project has really made me want to continue working with drawing people, especially in my observational drawing sketchbook. I also have changed my outlook on working on live competitions, and feel more enthused about tackling them and just submitting something even if I haven’t had the time to refine it, simply because it’s another opportunity for people to see my work

Megan Ojari || LAUIL603 || Art Fund Collaborative Brief


The main lesson I have learnt from this project is how to communicate with another designer, and to not be afraid to say no when it’s too much work for me at that time. In this instance, I think it would have been useful to get a really clear idea of what we both wanted from the start, as I had to do more work near the end to fit everything together, rather than just work towards a joint goal from the start. This has also been an interesting experience looking at how to promote an idea within a campaign, in a more direct way than my Student President Campaign, which was a lot more handmade and personal than this project for a big company. Overall, this has been very different to my last collaborative project, but I would like to undertake more collaborations in order to hone my skills in working together and compromising of ideas.

Megan Ojari || LAUIL603 || Art Fund Collaborative Brief

Art Fund 603  
Art Fund 603  
Advertisement