l o o h c S h g i n H o i t Edi
ADMISSIONS CONSULTING CONTACT INFORMATION
www.MedApplications.com Email: email@example.com Phone: 1-866-409-5104
ADMISSIONS Planning a strategic approach to Direct Medical School Acceptance from High School or the Traditional Pre-Medical Route from an Undergraduate or Graduate Degree, is essential to ensuring you stand out and gain the necessary competitive edge in medical school admissions. Our Senior Pre-Medical advisors are specialists in making Medical School Acceptance a reality.
Direct Route MD Programs (from High School)
Traditional Route MD Programs (from Undegraduate/Graduate Degrees)
Direct Medical School acceptance from High School is extremely competitive. Offered in Canada, United States and Internationally (e.g. Ireland, Austrailia), a typical 5-7 year direct entry medical program will receive 1000 applications for 20-30 available spots. Often, programs are even more competitive! Acceptance to medical school through the Traditional Undergraduate or Graduate route requires early, strategic planning. More competitive than ever, Traditional Medical School programs will typically receive 3500-4000 applicants for an average of 150 available positions. MedApplications is staffed exclusively by Medical Professionals who have developed a unique comprehensive program for students interested in pursuing a medical career. With our unriveled history of greater than 85% acceptance rates, our Pre-Medical Advisors are here to help you build confidence and achieve your aspirations for pursuing a medical career.
WHAT WE DO
MedApplications has developed a unique comprehensive program for students interested in pursuing Pre-Medical Programs that involves:
1. PRE-MED CONSULTING 2. APPLICATION REVIEW 3. PRE-MED INTERVIEW PREPARATION Our medical advisors specialize in medical school admissions to Canadian, American and International Medical Schools (Ireland, Australia, United Kingdom, Scotland, Poland, Caribbean, and many more).
Through our specialized program, High School students and Pre-Med Undergraduate/Graduate students work with our Medical advisors through the entire medical school admissions process. We guide you each step of the way.
1. PRE-MED CONSULTING
PHASE 1: Foundation Building 7 PHASE 2: Resume/CV Development 8 PHASE 3: Research/Extra-Curricular Development 9 PHASE 4: Letters of Recommendation 11
2. APPLICATION REVIEW
Comprehensive Application Review
3. PRE-MED INTERVIEW PREPARATION LEVEL A: Content Preparation 14 LEVEL B: Mock Interview 16 LEVEL C: Mock Interview 16 LEVEL D: Consolidation and Review 17
PRE-MEDICAL CONSULTING PATHWAY PRE-MED CONSULTING
• One on One Guidance for applications to Direct MD Combined Programs (Canadian, American or International), Med-P Programs (Quebec) and Traditional Undergraduate Route MD programs. • Comprehensive Consultations in-person or online with Senior Medical Advisors to discuss strategies for improving overall performance. Strategic course selection in High School and Undegraduate planning. • MedApplications staffs exclusively Medical Consultants who are all actively practicing medicine, providing the most current, accurate and up-to-date information available.
“It’s Never to Early to Plan for Success” Why Start in Grade 9?
1. To secure medically oriented and valuable volunteer work (40+ community service hours), extra-curriculars, research studentships, medical co-op programs and scholarships. 2. To develop longitudinal acitivities for a consistant resume to make you more competitive in medical admissions. 3. To plan with us for strategic high school course selection and specific pre-med undergradate programs and courses. 4. To explore all options for Direct MD or Traditional MD routes.
Direct MD Program University
CONSULTING PATHWAY PHASE 1: Foundation Building PHASE 2: Resume and CV Development PHASE 3: Research, Volunteer and Extra-Curriculars PHASE 4: Letters of Recommendation
Our comprehensive FOUNDATION PROGRAM is 2 Hours and includes: • One on One consultation with a Senior Pre-Medical Advisor specializing in Medical Career Consulting, Pre-Medical Programs, Scholarships and Course Selection. • In-depth review of your: Formal Education, Volunteer Initiatives, Employment, Research, Grades, GPA or International Baccalaureate (IB) Point Score. • Strategic Guidance with Undergraduate, Pre-Medical or Direct MD Program Selection.
• Review of Undergraduate or Pre-Medical Program Modules, Courses, Pre-Requisites, and Program Requirements. • Introductory interview to begin development of a formal Resume and CurriculumVitae. • Assessment of “Competitiveness” for Direct MD and Pre-Medical Undergraduate Programs. Pre-Application Consulting Phase 1 is available in most major cities across Canada, by home visits, office visits, and telephone or videoconference. Flexible Appointment Scheduling
Our comprehensive Resume Program is 2 Hours and includes: • One on One consultation with a Senior Pre-Medical Advisor specializing in Scientific resume development.
• Complete development of Professional Resume/Curriculum Vitae and versatile Cover Letter to be used for medical school applications, research applications, volunteer positions and Extra-curricular activities.
• In-depth review of your: Formal Education, Research, Volunteer Initiatives, Extra-curricular Activities Pre-Application Consulting Phase 2 and Employment. is available in most major cities across Canada, by home visits, office visits, • Comprehensive One on One and telephone or videoconference. interview for the development of a formal Resume and Curriculum Vitae. Flexible Appointment Scheduling
EXTRA-CURRICULAR DEVELOPMENT Our comprehensive Extra-Curricular Program is 3 Hours and includes: • One on One consultation with a Senior Pre-Medical Advisor specializing in Medical Career Consulting, PreMedical Programs and Course Selection. • In-depth review of your: Volunteer Initiatives, Intramural Athletics, Extracurricular Activities, Research and Employment. • Assistance with securing: Research Positions, Clinical Placements and Extra-curricular Activities available in your local area and globally.
• Comprehensive Review of strategic RESEARCH opportunities available within your location (E.g. Clinical or Lab-Based) • Comprehensive Review of strategic VOLUNTEER/EMPLOYMENT opportunities available within your location (E.g. Community Health, Health Promotion, Medical Societies) Pre-Application Consulting Phase 3 is available in most major cities across Canada, by home visits, office visits, and telephone or videoconference. Flexible Appointment Scheduling
Research Application Consulting (2 HOURS): • One on One consultation with a Senior Pre-Medical Advisor to assist in the development and completion of applications for coveted and competitive research positions and summer student internships. • One on One preparation for interviews related to research positions. • Assistance with e-mails/communications with Research Supervisors. Research Project Editing/Review (2 HOURS): • Want to impress your research supervisor? We provide One on One consultation for your research projects by MD/PhD and MD/MSc Advisors. • Assistance with research design, methodology, data analysis, and review of manuscript. • Practice with our advisors for your oral presentations or abstracts. • All sessions facilitated by Senior Advisors with Masters (MD/MSc) or PhD (MD/PhD)backgrounds.
Letters of Recommendation
Our comprehensive Program is 1.5 Hours and includes: • One on One consultation with a Senior Pre-Medical Advisor specializing in Medical Career Consulting, PreMedical Programs and Admissions.
• Develop comprehensive outlines for each Referee focusing on the core elements required for a successful letter of recommendation.
• In depth review of your: Formal Education, Supervisors, Volunteer Initiatives, Reaserch, Extra-curricular Activities and Employment.
• Assist in diversifying your portfolio and broaden appeal to multiple audiences.
• Assistance in selecting Key Referees for Letters of Recommendation.
Pre-Application Consulting Phase 4 across Canada, by home visits, office visits, and telephone or videoconference.
PRE-MED CONSULTING OVERVIEW PHASE 1: FOUNDATION BUILDING PHASE 2: RESUME AND CV DEVELOPMENT PHASE 3: RESEARCH, VOLUNTEER AND EXTRA-CURRICULARS PHASE 4: LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
APPLICATION REVIEW All medical programs require a medical school application which often includes: Supplementary Questions, a Personal Statement, Autobiographical Sketch and more. Often, students are unaware what to focus on, how to fill out applications, and how to consolidate their experiences into an effective and impactful application.
Pre-Med Application Review Program [5 Hours] • One on One consultation with a Senior Pre-Medical Advisor specializing in Medical School Applications. Comprehensive review of your Resume, Transcripts and Standardized Test Score (SAT, UKCAT, BMAT, MCAT). • Complete Development of Personal Statement, Supplementary Applications, and Online Application Submissions (e.g. Atlantic Bridge Program, Oztrekk) • Structured Timelines to meet all application deadlines. • Development of comprehensive outlines for each application. • Comprehensive review of application content to identify high impact experiences and accomplishments. • Convey a strong passion for medicine, the medical school program, and connection to the local and global community. • Comprehensive review of all applications for grammar, flow, overall impression, content and competitiveness. • Final review of Applications by two independent Senior Advisors.
PRE-MEDICAL INTERVIEW PATHWAY
LEVEL A CONTENT
LEVEL B MOCK
LEVEL C MOCK
All pre-medical programs require a medical school interview in either Standard Panel or MMI (Multiple Mini Interview)/CDI format. There is considerable preparation required to excel in the competitive medical school interview. We will guide you every step of the way to enhance interview performance and build core interview skills.
LEVEL A CONTENT PREPARATION Level A Content Preparation (2-Hours)
This 2 Hour session is the introduction to Medical School Interview Preparation: • Meet with our Interview Advisors to discuss the core concepts of the medical school interview process and answer your questions to demystify medical interviews. • Perform in-depth analysis of sample interview questions. • Provide strategies for answering difficult scenarios for Panel or MMI interviews and build confidence in your answers. • Cover the fundamentals of: Healthcare, Medical Ethics, Medical Legal, Medical Education, Rural Health, Global Health, Healthcare Systems, Community Medicine and Life as a Doctor. • We recommend scheduling this content session early on in the interview preparation process to allow for appropriate time to integrate our feedback. • We cut down your required research by more than 50%.
PROGRESSIVE CONTENT & STRATEGY SESSIONS: 1. First-Time Interviews: Begin to understand the core concepts of the interview process from the ground up and develop strategies for conquering the most challenging interview questions. 2. For Repeat Interviews: Review your prior interviews and focus on potential weaknesses in your approach. We work with you to refine and optimize your interview strategies.
Level A Content Preparation is available in all major cities across Canada, on-campus, by telephone or via videoconference. Appointment scheduling is flexible. Option to request an advisor specializing in the Medical program in which you are interviewing.
ADVANCED CONTENT PREPARATION Medical And Non-Medical Ethics Advanced (1.5 Hours):
• One on One consultation with a Senior Pre-Medical Advisor available to assist in the development of Advanced Medical and Non-Medical Ethics knowledge. • Comprehensive review of advanced approach to ethical scenarios. • Review dozens of ethical scenarios, approach to delivering bad news, approach to counseling, approach to Canadian, American and International ethical considerations.
HEALTHCARE & CURRENT EVENTS ADVANCED (1.5 HOURS):
• One on One consultation with a Senior Pre-Medical Advisor available to assist in the development of core Healthcare Topics in Canadian, American, and International healthcare structures. • Comprehensive review of advanced approach to healthcare and current events. • Review dozens of healthcare scenarios, approach to limited resources, and approach to aboriginal, rural, international, global, and public health. • Review current medical journals and healthcare literature.
Level B Mock Interview • Interview Simulation specific to your Medical School Interview: practice a real-life panel or MMI interview with an Expert Medical Consultant [1.5 Hours] • Interview Critique aimed at analyzing strategies to optimize your interview performance. • Review your speech patterns, body language, interview pace and answer content.
• Gain confidence through our time management strategies and methods of interacting with interviewers and optimizing first impressions. • Receive comprehensive Feedback to help you improve your performance. Mock Interview Level B is available in all major cities across Canada, by telephone, home appointments or via video conference.
Level C Mock Interview • Advanced Interview Simulation in MMI or Panel Format [1.5 Hours] • Practice answering more difficult and challenging questions /scenarios. • Track your Progress and compare your results from Mock Interview Level B performance. • Refine your advanced interview skills by incorporating prior feedback.
• Receive comprehensive Feedback to help you improve your performance and focus on developing your Strengths. Mock Interview Level C is available in all major cities across Canada, on-campus, by telephone, home appointments or via videoconference.
Level D Consolidation
Our comprehensive Level D mock interview is 2 Hours and includes:
• Condensed simulated interview session: (4 MMI Scenarios/CDA/Panel questions) to solidify identified areas of weakness • Refresher for ethics, healthcare, current events, core interview skills. • Comprehensive debriefing session to review and analyze results from your Level B, Level C and Level D interviews. • Final Phase to add confidence, analyze your progress, and resolve any final questions prior to your interview. Available in-person, or by telephone or via videoconference.
ADDITIONAL PRACTICE INTERVIEW SESSIONS • Limited to clients who have purchased Mock Interview Levels A, B, C and D. • One on One simulation mock interview with a Senior Medical Advisor in Panel, MMI or CDI format. • Ease pre-interview anxiety with additional practice and refinement of core interview skills. • Optional Video/Audio recording of sessions for comprehensive retrospective.
MEDAPPLICATIONS PROGRAM OVERVIEW
PRE-MED INTERVIEW PREP
PHASE 1: FOUNDATION BUILDING
LEVEL A: CONTENT
PHASE 2: RESUME/ CV DEVELOPMENT
RESUME/ EXTRA-CURRICULAR/ VOLUNTEER DEVELOPMENT
PRE-MED INTERVIEW PREPARATION
PHASE 4: LETTERS OF
SUPPLEMENTARY LEVEL C: APPLICATIONS MOCK INTERVIEW ONLINE APPLICATION SUBMISSIONS
1. PRE-MED CONSULTING BUNDLE
Phase 1 + Phase 2 + Phase 3 + Phase 4
2. INTERVIEW BUNDLE
Level A+ Level B + Level C + Level D
3. COMPREHENSIVE PRE-MED BUNDLE
Pre- Application Bundle [Phase 1 to Phase 4] Application Review [Premium 5 Hour Program] Interview Bundle [Level A to Level D]
Custom Packages Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Available
l o o h c S h g Hi n o i t i d E