IN COLLABORATION WITH
MALTA BUSINESS REVIEW
MALTA HAIRDRESSING AWARDS 2021
Where Hairdressing and Barbers Comes Alive SATURDAY, 4th SEPTEMBER 2021
MALTA HAIRDRESSING AWARDS 2021 Where Hairdressing & Barbers Come Alive Following the success of last year’s event, we are proud to announce the return of Malta Hairdressing and Barber Awards 2021®. Each of the finalists will be showcased during a gala evening with an award ceremony in front of a crowd of their peers and supporters. In addition to the judged winners, Malta Hairdressing and Barber Awards 2021® shall also award the Lifetime Achievement Award to the deserved winner on the night. “Malta Hairdressing and Barber Awards 2021® will get more and more competitive because our industry keeps raising its game every single year,” said founder of the awards, Martin Vella “Congrats to this year’s nominee finalists and main sponsors on a monumental accomplishment.” Since being created, Malta Hairdressing and Barber Awards 2021® will grow to become one of the prestigious and soughtafter awards in the industry. Recognising writers and brand ambassadors, the Awards showcase the talent found throughout every aspect of the hairdressing world. “Malta Hairdressing and Barber Awards 2021® will successfully celebrate excellence in our industry,” said Margaret Brincat, Director. “I am so thrilled for each nominee as well as all of the finalists honoured along the way, especially the new salons that have burst on to the scenes in the last year.” While every award present carries a high level of prestige, the final award announced is always the most coveted among nominees. Malta Hairdressing and Barber Awards 2021® compiles the gross votes for both Maltese and International finalists in the following categories: Malta’s Most Innovative Salon, Malta’s Most Creative, Male Hairdresser of the Year and Female Hairdresser of the Year. From this incredibly competitive pool of finalists, we shall all be eager to see who shall edge out as the victor, taking home both the signature Trophy and the bragging rights of being honoured as the best in the Malta. To learn more about the Malta Hairdressing and Barber Awards® please contact Margaret Brincat on 9940 6743 / firstname.lastname@example.org or Kelly Briffa on 9929 8603 / email@example.com
T H E AW A R D S These awards were created by Martin Vella for the benefit of the Maltese hairdressing industry. Malta Hairdressing and Barber Awards 2021® aims to celebrate the skill, training, uniqueness and artistry of hairdressing in Malta. These awards aim to be as open and transparent as possible.
W HY ?
The Maltese haidressing industry is booming, and there are many hairstylists that deserve recognition for their outstanding work. While there are Awards that recognise their achievements in certain categories, Malta needs a more focused grand gala award that highlights all the key players, contributors and achievers in their own right. What makes these awards different is that Malta Hairdressing and Barber Awards 2021are for the hairdressing industry exclusively.
THE MI SSI ON :
To establish, as the Malta's best competition in hairdressing, an assessment standard that sets the ultimate local benchmark, innovative hairdressing concepts and barbershop standards and management.
THE OB JEC TIVE:
As a respected reflection of quality for quality standards, to fairly judge hairdressers from all over Malta, taking into account their origin and tradition.
THE SY STEM:
To compile reproducible results and precise verbal descriptions using the transparent judging process.
THE JURY :
Perfection as the driving force for ongoing further training in the members' own interests, with regular taster training sessions as the basis for product and quality definitions.
THE VI SI ON :
Simply the best in hairdressing that the sector is incomparable and always ahead of its time!
movie Oscars, the red carpet of MBHA will be the carpet that all the most famous hairdressers in Malta will want to tread, with wide media coverage and PR. The catwalk, in the same style of the most renowned fashion catwalks (Paris, New York, Milan, London...), where the Malta’s leading hairdressing firms and hair stylists will show their hair styling proposals on reference models from their present collection. MBHA catwalk is set and designed to be the most important hair fashion catwalk in the business award industry, where hair will be the undisputed star. The awards ceremony will be the last part of the event, where the winners of MBHA will be announced in a spectacular ceremony with all the brilliance of the most prestigious award ceremonies.
R ULE S F OR PA R TIC IPATI ON
Discover how easy it is to be part of the greatest event in the local hairdressing industry. The competition is open to hairdressers and hairdressing firms from anywhere in Malta & Gozo. Entries don’t require participation fees and must be done via email posted at: firstname.lastname@example.org
REQUIREME NTS F OR PA R TIC IP AT I O N Malta Hairdressing and Barber Awards 2021 is a photographic competition of hairdressing works created with the aim of recognising the best hairdressers in Malta, while at the same time awakening new vocations, discovering new talents and giving the best international professionals the prominence they deserve. Malta Hairdressing and Barber Awards 2021 will be the most rigorous, serious, impartial and transparent awards in the industry and aims to recognise the best hairdressers in Malta. They have been conceived with the aim of adding and being complementary to everything that already exists.
TH E J U R Y P A NEL
A different panel of hairdressing professional judges is chosen from within the industry, neutral and exclusively comprised of four/4 hairdressers or hair fashion experts of local/international renown. The Jury Panel will be selected by the organising committee of Malta’s Best Hairdresser Awards 2021® and the selection criteria will recruit top-level, renowned international professionals unrelated to Malta’s Best Hairdresser Awards® or sponsoring brands, in order to reinforce its credibility and neutrality when awarding the prizes.
TH E E V E N T
The event is divided into three parts: The red carpet cocktail welcome will be the true red carpet of the hairdressing world in Malta, with all the glamour that this profession deserves. In the style of the
To compete in the categories of the Malta Best Hairdressing and Barber Awards® 2021, participating hairdressers or firms must submit a collection of four photographs with four different styles. The photographs must be professional, paying careful attention to all aspects of the picture (hair, photography, make-up, styling, model, staging). Photographic collections that do not meet the required quality criteria will not be accepted. All photographs must be from the present collection and authenticated.
Once pre-selected or nominated, each hairdresser or participating team will submit a collection of four photographs with four different styles. The photographs must be professional, paying careful attention to all aspects of the picture (hair, photography, make-up, styling, model, staging). Those not meeting the required quality standards will not be accepted. They will also have to fill in a form that will be provided to them, indicating their professional activities (events, training, press appearances, awards and recognitions, etc.) from July 2018 to date. It is not necessary for the collections submitted under any of the categories to be unpublished, but they must be done in the current year. Any submitted collections found to have already been published (in magazines, internet or social networks...) during the previous year will be automatically disqualified. Nominees may compliment their submissions with a company brochure, profile, summary literature bearing the company’s or hairdresser’s milestones or accomplishments, list of any awards won in past, or shows presented in prestigious events and other important information, such as referrals or testimonials by other professionals.
E VA LU AT I O N SYS T EM
For each edition, the organizing committee will appoint a jury panel of 4 hairdressers or hair fashion experts, in order to evaluate the dossiers presented for Malta Hairdressing and Barber Awards 2021, the jury panel will evaluate the submitted picture collections. The organizing committee will make a pre-selection among all the participating collections according to quality criteria and then the jury will evaluate the collections and decide the winners. The organizing committee is led by Martin Vella, director and founder of the Malta Hairdressing and Barber Awards 2021, and composed of a group of image experts with the support of the Malta Business Review and Sunday Trends Magazine’s management. The judges will evaluate the collections anonymously, will evaluate the dossiers submitted for Malta Hairdressing and Barber Awards 2021 and will choose their three favourites from each category in order of preference. The first will be awarded 15 points, the second 10 points and the third 5 points. The three finalists in each category will be the collections that score the most points with the votes of the five members of the jury. If there is a tie, the judges will be asked to break it. The winner in each category will be the collection that gets the most points from the three finalists. If there is a tie the jury will be the tiebreaker. If there is a judge who happens to be from a sponsor firm, which has nominated from also firm hairdressers, then that judge/sponsor is not eligible to vote for that same firm.
OUTSTA N D IN G C ON TRIBUTI ON TO HAIRD RE SSIN G A N D BA RBE R AWA RD S 2021
The ‘Outstanding’ award has been established to recognise a colleague who exemplifies excellence in Hairdressing via contributions to mentorship, professional and clinical education, excellence in research or writing or the advancement or professionalisation of Hairdressing in general. n individual who meets the general criteria listed below A AND who also meets the criteria for the focus area may be nominated for this award. The recipient will be selected according to the following criteria:
GE NERA L C RI TERIA
• Nominee must be qualified/certified from a recognised institute or society specializing in hairdressing and hair science/hair research or Trichology for a minimum of five/5 years. • Nominee must have attended at least one foreign International award event and/ or been recognized Internationally, as well as locally. • Nominee must be a practicing Hairdresser, or hairstylist. • The nominee must excel on ONE of the following areas: Mentorship, Patient Education, Professional Education and Excellence in Writing/Research.
C RI T E RI A F O R N O M INAT I ON
• The nominee must meet the general criteria and must demonstrate their contribution to Trichology as exhibited by two of the following: - Developed a program, materials or other project which positively elevates the public’s awareness of and/or respect for Hairdressing as a specialty. - Conducted and/or published research as a lead or co-author in a Hairdressing related subject. - Developed or made a strong contribution to the development of Hairdressing education. - Developed or made a strong contribution of a professional presentation, research paper or an article submitted for publication. - Consistently shares SALON and career growth information with colleagues - Is available to answer questions and provide support - Teaches new skills or knowledge to Hairdressing regularly • Evidence by a portfolio will be requested from the finalists. • Education for Hairdressing practice must keep pace with evolving scientific knowledge and the standards influencing the development, application, and evaluation of our practice. Hairdressing professionals who demonstrate exemplary qualities in professional education, both to peer’s other healthcare professionals and the public may be recognized for contributions.
TIME TABL E & REGI STRATI ON
• Start of the Malta Hairdressing and Barber Awards 2021 registration is OPEN Please register early enough! Invoices will be sent are to be paid immediately – participation will not be confirmed until payment has been received. • Binding registration with number of samples; or by e-mail with company address and number of products • Invoicing • Payment after receipt of invoice • Documents for JUDGES and photo selection via e-mail or web transfer • E-mail an Excel sheet with complete list of all necessary product details for registration (if product details are missing)
AWA RD C EREMONY & PUBLICAT I O N OF RE SULTS
• Announcement of venue for the Awards Ceremony and press conference • Publication and use of official results on the day after the Awards Ceremony
T H E C AT E G O R I E S Newcomer Barber of the Year Malta’s Best Personal Care Barbershop Most Creative Barber of the Year Best Professional Gentleman’s Barber Classic Styling Most Innovative Barber of the Year Malta’s Best Commercial Barber Salon Best Barber Video of the Year Best Haircut of the Year Best Barber Collection 2021 Malta’s Best Barber of the Year Avant-Garde Hairdresser of the Year Malta’s Best Bridal Hairdresser of the Year Extensions Specialist of the Year Malta’s Best Hairdressing Video of the Year Colour Technician Expert of the Year Salon Stylist of the Year Malta’s Best Salon of the Year Malta’s Most Innovative Hairdresser of the Year Creative Hairdresser of the Year Female Hairdresser of the Year Male Hairdresser of the Year Best Hairdressing Collection 2021 Outstanding Contribution Award
EVENTS PACKAGE €500 EXC. VAT
MAIN GOLD SPONSOR PACKAGE €1,300 EXC. VAT
• Table of 4 guests • Complimentary Prosecco & red carpet welcome • Free nominee video production aired on the night • Complimentary wine • Complimentary water • Three course lavish dinner • Website logo placement as sponsor (3 months) • 1 year subscription to the Malta Business Review • Free banner signage at luncheon and also on our website and event marketing/advertising, including newsletters, newspaper ad placements and writeups, promotional material • Your company/organisation’s executive brief and logo on the program presenter • eNewsletter – 1 highlight of your company/ organization with circulation of 67,000 • eBlast Sponsorship – 1 month campaign • Free entertainment
• Table of 10 guests
CATEGORY SPONSOR PACKAGE €650 EXC. VAT • Table of 6 guests • Inclusion as category award giver to the winning company • Free TV Production souvenir video • Free Event Branding • Inclusion on all the Announcements and on Screen during the gala evening ceremony • Complimentary Prosecco & Red Carpet Welcome • Complimentary wine • Complimentary water • Three course lavish dinner • Website Logo Placement as Sponsor (3 months) • Complimentary follow-up features (nominee profile; Write-Up; Press Releases; News Feeds) on the Malta Business Review. • 1 year subscription to the Malta Business Review • Free banner Signage at Luncheon and also on our website and event marketing/advertising, including newsletters, newspaper ad placements and writeups, promotional material • Your company/organisation’s executive brief and logo on the program presenter • eNewsletter – 1 highlight of your Company/ Organization with circulation of 67,000 • eBlast Sponsorship – 1 month campaign • Free entertainment
• Website logo placement as sponsor (3 months) • 1 year subscription to the Malta Business Review • Free banner signage with logo broadcast during event main production • Free website and event marketing/advertising, including newsletters, newspaper ad placements and write-ups, promotional material • Your company/organisation’s executive brief and logo on the official souvenir program presenter both printed and online • eNewsletter – 1 highlight of your company/ organization with circulation of 67,000 • Free profile on official souvenir programme • Two full free pages article/feature/interview on the Malta Business Review • Free video clip insertion during online transmission of the live-streamed award ceremony (30-60 seconds) • A double page advertisement/editorial/interview in the Malta Business Review. • Company branding to appear prominently throughout the conference and on all materials produced • Signage, roll-up stands and banners in the venue where the final award ceremony will be hosted • Opportunity to address the audience during online live transmission during the beginning to welcome the show to the viewers • Main sponsor logo on all newspaper/media and Press Conference advertising in prominent visible position • Invite to attend Media Press Conference a week prior main online award event/ceremony with Press and Minister in attendance • Complimentary event winning signature with logo to inert on your emails • Certificate issued by MBR Publication Ltd, accredited by the European Business Awards and with the seal of the President of the Republic of Malta to include in your professional portfolio.
MALTA HAIRDRESSING AWARDS 2021
Where Hairdressing and Barbers Comes Alive WITH THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS AND NOMINEES
COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES “Safety Above All” is something we take incredibly seriously at MBR. We are listening to recommendations from the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) as we strive to help protect our customers and our team members during our future events, by creating a sanitised clean environment, providing safety precautions and social distance standards, ensuring automatic hygenic toilets which are sanitized after a person goes to the toilet, providing a disinfected venue, having a guest-controlled list, whereby we shall phone each guest or nominees attending our event, and whereby anyone who reports or displays flu-like symptoms will be asked to stay home. We bring experience in facing challenging situations that require us to implement plans that maintain our operations, while also limiting impacts to our customers. We are adept at implementing contingency plans at a moment’s notice, and we have the flexibility across our network to make the necessary adjustments so that we can continue providing the best service possible. It is the magnitude of the event that dictates the degree of implementation of our plans. For COVID-19, it is all hands on deck. Our pandemic planning includes operational business continuity plans designed to position each of our events for success even under the most trying of circumstances. Those plans have been activated and we will turn to post event recovery accordingly and as the circumstances allow. MBR Events shall be organising also for the first time Virtual Webinars and online discussion, Digital Interactive Events and other live streaming events, which we are working on right now. The future, the shifting mindset includes taking a look inward at existing positions and skillsets that can be used to easily transition to a digital event role needed to successfully plan and produce these digital events. We are currently working on creating a digital event strategy and shall be keeping you posted accordingly on our potential digital event production platforms.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT Margaret Brincat at 9940 6743 / email@example.com Kelly Briffa at 9929 8603 / firstname.lastname@example.org Visit our website: www.mbrpublications.com/mhba-awards
Following the success of last year’s event, we are proud to announce the return of Malta’s Best Hairdressing and Barber Awards. Each of the...
Published on Jul 1, 2020
Following the success of last year’s event, we are proud to announce the return of Malta’s Best Hairdressing and Barber Awards. Each of the...