2. SP EED
Building on the 5S Theme:
Leading our company and our people!
STRU C TU RE
ETY F A 5. S
FY LI P IM S 1.
5S 1. SIMPLIFY What are you doing every day that can be simplified? In a growing environment we need to challenge the status quo and ask ourselves “why”. “Why” we are doing this in this way, or, “why” are we doing it at all - does it add value? 1. Ukuhleleka Yini ongayenza nsuku zonkeebonisa ukuhleleka? Kulesimo esithuthukayo sidinga ukuqophisana nesimo kanti sizibuze ukuthi kungani. Kungani senza izinto ngalendlela, noma, kungani empeleni sikwenza – Ingabe kuba nezinzuzo? 1. Ukwenza izinto ngcono Wenzani imihla ngemihla efuna ukwenziwa lula? Kwixesha elikhulayo esiphila kulo kufuneka simelane nezimo esikuzo sizibuze ukuba “Ngoba”. Kutheni sisenza lento ngalendlela, okanye, “kutheni “sisenza lento – ingaba yongeza uxabiseko? 1. Nolofatso Ke eng se o sedirago letsatsi ka letsatsi seo seka nolofatswago? Mo go goleng ga tulo rehloka go tshalentsa seemo lego te potsisa ‘’Goreng’’. ‘’Goreng’’ re dira se katsela ye, goba, ‘’Goreng’’ ka tsohle re se dira – ekaba se oketsa thlokagalo?
2. SPEED What are you doing every day to speed up your performance? We live and work in a fast pace world, if we can’t keep up we will be left behind. As the leaders in the market we need to ensure that we work quickly and efficiently to stay ahead of the market. 2. Ukushesha Yikuphi okwenzayo nsukuzonke okubonisa isimo sukushesha? Siyaphila kanti sisebenza emhlabeni osheshayo, uma singekho emgangathweni siyosalela emuva. Njengabantu abavelele kule mboni kumelwe siqikelele ukuthi siyashesha ngomsebenzi ngokunembile ukuze sihlale siphambili kulemboni. 2. Isantya Wenza ntoni mihla le ukunyusa isantya kwinto oyenzayo? Sihlala kwaye siphila kwilizwe elinobom obubalekayo, ukuba asinakuzimisela sakushiyeka. Njengoba iinkokheli kwezentengo zifuna ukuqinisekisa ukuba sisebenza ngokukhawuleza ukuze sisoloko siphambili ngokwezentengiso. 2. Lebelo Ke eng seo o sedirang letsatsi ka letsatsi go kaonafatsa bowena bjagago? Redula
LEADING OUR COMPANY AND OUR PEOPLE lego shoma mo lefaseng lalebelo ka maatla, gere ka se tsaimashane retlo tlogelwa morago. Bjale ka baetapele mo kgwebong re swanetse kego netefatsa gore re shoma ka lebelo le maatla go ba pele mo kgwebong.
3. STRUCTURE In what way are you serving a system instead of the system serving you? Ask yourself how you can simplify a system, process or structure so that the task can be done with speed and efficiency in a way that serves you, the employee. Remember that rigid structures are fragile and can limit growth and productivity, while flexible structures allow for easy expansion. 3. Isimo Iziphi izindlela osekela ngayo isimiso noma isimiso sisekela wena? Zibuze, ungasenza sibelula kanjani isimo izindlela noma ukuze umsebenzi wenziwe ngokushesha nangokunembilengendlela esekela wena, njengesisebenzi. Khumbula ukungaqondi kwesimo kungaba ubuthakathaka kunganciphisa intuthuko kanti nomkhiqizo, kunalokho Izimo ezilula zivumela ukukhula kalula. 3. Ubume Yeyiphi indlela onikeza ngayo iinkonzo ndaweni yoba iinkonzo zize kuwe? Zibuze uba ungenza lula njani indlela yosebenza , ixesha nobume ukuze umsebenzi wenzeke ngokukuko nokukhawulezileyo ngendlela ekholisa wena msebenzi. Khumbula landlela ilula ayomelelanga kwaye inganciphisa ukhulo nophuhliso, ngethuba ledlela ifikelelekayo isenza ukhulo lula. 3. Kokwane Tsela ke e efeng eo o fepang system ka yona goena legore system efepe wena? E potsise oka kaonafatsa system bjang, kafao goba kokwane kamo moshomo o tladirwago ka lebelo le maatla ka mo otla godirelang wena moshumi. Gopola gore kokwane tse bothata di ka kobega lego lekanya kgolo , mola kokwane tse bofefo di dumela go tia bonolo.
4. SENSITIVITY How do you exercise sensitivity in your daily dealings with people? Are you sensitive towards both the current needs of your colleagues and company as well as the future goals and aspirations that both may have? 4. Ukuzwela Uyibonisa kanjani imizwa yakhongokuxhumana nabantu njalo? Ingabe uyazwelana maqondana nezidingozalabo osebenza nabo nenkampani
kuhlanganise nemigomo nezifiso? 4. Imvakalelo Uzilawula njani imvakalelo zemihla ngemihla nabantu? Ingaba uyavakalelwa na kwimfuno zabasebenzi nabaqeshi kwakunye nekamva eninalo nobabini? 4. Sensitivity Oshomisha jwang sensitivity mo matsatsing agago kopanong le batho? Ekaba o sensitive mo kamoka go tsepedi dinyakweng tsa sebjale, mo go bashumi ka wena le khamphaning bjalo fela le go bokamoso le kgahlegong bobeding bjo okabang le bona?
5. SAFETY Not only is it what we do, it is who we are! We provide safety to our customers in the form of physical security barriers. We provide safety to our company through expanding its footprint and horizons to ensure profitability and sustainability. We provide safety to our colleagues through job security and development opportunities. Lastly, we provide safety for our communities through securing the world one door at a time! 5. Ezokuphepha Ngaphandle kwalokho esikwenzayo, kuyilokho esiyikho! Sinikeza isivikelo kubathengi ngezinsimbi zesivikelo Sinikeza isivikelo kumboni ngokwandisa ngokubonakalayo ngokuqinisekisa izinzuzo eziqhubekayo. Sinikeza isivikelo kubasebenzi ngomsebenzi oqhubekayo namathuba okukhula. Isiphetho sinikeza isivikelo kumphakathi ngesivikelo, umhlaba ngomyango owodwa ngesikhathi. 5. Ukhuseleko Asikuko kodwa esikwenzayo, kuyilento siyiyo! Sinika ukuseleko kubathengi bethu ngokubanika ibhaglasi. Sinika ukhuseleko kuba qeshi ngokwandisa iziporo nokuqinisekissa ingeniso nomgangatho onguwo. Sinikeza ukhuseleko kogxa bethu esisebenza nabo ngomsebenzi wokhuseleko Okokugqibela sinikeza ikhuseleko olunye kwisizwe sethu. 5. Tshireletso Ga sefela seo re sedirang, ke seo releng sona! Re fana ka tshireletso go bareki ba rena ka mokgwa wa tshireletso ebonalago. Re fana ka tshireletso go khampani ya rena kago godisha mehlala ya maoto. Re fana ka tshireletso go bashumi ka rena kago tshireletsa meshomo le go tswelela ga sekgala. Sabofelo, re fana ka tshireletso go badudi karena kago tshireletsa lefase lemati lengwe ka nako etee.
WELCOME TO Michael Gerson
Sales Consultant - BVF
Accounts Assistant - BFV
Call Centre Administrator - BFV
“Here at Maxidor the vision of CARE is also implemented on the staff. Now that makes a solid business. We CARE for each other and others”
“I see great opportunity and growth within the Maxidor family.”
“Working for Maxidor will challenge me on a daily basis.”
Ruan van der Merwe
Call Centre Administrator TUNISIA - BFV
Installation Worker - CPT
Junior Call Centre Agent - BFV
MOROCCO “I am profoundly honoured to be part of the winning team at Maxidor!”
“Maxidor is a reputable company where you can have a future.”
“Maxidor gives me satisfaction by securing people and creating EGYPT a safer world.”
Installation Team Leader - CPT
Debtors Clerk - CPT
Installation Assistant - CPT
“Maxidor provides security to people - being part of that makes meNIGER feel like I’m protecting those families too.”
“I like working for Maxidor because it is secure and the people ERITREAare friendly.”
“Maxidor offers its customers quality security.”
Sales Consultant - DBN
URKINA FASO BENIN TOGO
Wrapper - DBN
“Why settle for 2nd best? Trust NIGERIAto bring you superior Maxidor quality and service! Best barrier on the market today.”
Sales Consultant- DBN
“I enjoy being part of the leading company in manufacturing security barriers that secure our families.”
“I am passionate about Maxidor products and securing families ETHIOPIA and their homes. It makes me proud to be part of this industry.”
CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC
Barbara Cloete CAMEROON
Carika van Heerden
Production Manager - DBN
Receptionist - PE
“Maxidor is opening up the doors to my future.”
Assembler - PE
“It’s a privilege to be part of a company that gives people the best security they need.”
“It’s good to be back at Maxidor. We are still the leading Physical Security Barrier company.”
Receptionist - PLK
DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF THE CONGO
“I like working for Maxidor, because I want to learn more KENYA about the products.”
JOIN THE MAXIDOR FAMILY TODAY! Send your CV to email@example.com TANZANIA
SKILLED SALES PEOPLE REQUIRED! ANGOLA
Do you have sales experience? Are you customer focussed? Are you technically minded? IF YOU SAID YES TO ALL OF THE ABOVE, THEN EARN BETWEEN R18-R22K PER MONTH.
SEND YOUR CV TO CV@MAXIDOR.CO.ZA OR FAX TO (011) 617 0429
specific measurable achievable realistic timely ethical reasonable
HAVE YOU SET ANY GOALS FOR 2014? Whether you are setting PERSONAL GOALS or PROFESSIONAL GOALS,
WE WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT! Set
goals for yourself this year and send them to:
firstname.lastname@example.org We want to know what you are aiming towards in the next year and how you are going to reach those goals. Send us a brief overview of your goal, as well as a few measureable steps that will allow you to get there.
There will be 3 awards given for those with the SMARTEST goals! Send your entries to email@example.com by 10 January 2014
I would like to congratulate you on the superior caliber of sales consultants you are employing at Maxidor. I had the greatest pleasure of meeting Dawie yesterday when he came to my home to give me a quote.
I would like to thank you greatly for the superb product and professional, helpful service that you and your team have provided. Please thank all those involved in the installation at my home; those in the factory, the chap that helped me get the windows open, the team that fitted the guards, and the admin staff. Odion, I will have no hesitation in recommending you and the Maxidor team.
He expressed how proud he was to be associated with Maxidor and its products and by the time he was finished I was excited to have your products in my home. His service was extremely professional and his manner very caring and considerate towards our home and our safety. I signed the quote immediately and was actually happy to part with 50k this morning. Well done, Dawie is an asset to your company and I wouldn’t hesitate to call upon him again. - Jackie Terry
- Gail Steyn Good day Joe,
We’d like to take this opportunity to thank Maxidor for the excellent quality of the Maxidor products you have provided us with. Lawrence, the salesperson, did a great job with explaining to us all the products that Maxidor offered and met all our needs. Rowen co-ordinated our delivery date requirements very efficiently. The service we got from Robert and Xolani, who came to do the installation, was excellent and we appreciate it. Thank you for a job well done. We will definitely recommend Maxidor to everyone we come across Regards,
My door has been installed in my home and as requested maintenance was done on the other door previously installed by Maxidor. Thank you for your immediate response and the professional manner in which you dealt with all your arrangements. It has been a pleasure, once again, to do business with you - and Maxidor in general. - Leanne Wieruszowski
I had just finished constructing my house and was in desperate need of security gates. Geshen Chetty was referred to me by a friend of mine. He had passed on Geshen’s number to me. I called Geshen on a Friday to set a time to meet with me. He was unable to meet with me the next day, but he assured me that he would see me on that Sunday. He called me on Sunday to confirm that we were still going to meet and indeed we did. He advised me on the appropriate security that I needed and gave me the price at my home. He also catered for my budget and we came to an agreement. Now, I have not in a long time seen that kind of commitment by any sales person, sacrificing his family time to care for mine. Geshen also assured me that it would be installed by Saturday and it was. Now that’s going the extra mile. I am sure that he is a great asset to Maxidor. Geshen, thank you and keep up the excellent work. As for the installation: The installer was Derick. I have not seen a more professional worker/ installer. He was too good in what he was doing. There was no dirt left over, my walls were not messed up. He was just professional. Thank you Maxidor and now just like my friend, I will definitely recommend Geshen and Maxidor. Great work all round. - Denver Gengiah
- Mahendra & Yoshnie Deolall via HelloPeter.com
Dear John Cross and Maxidor staff, It warms our hearts to know that our community has compassion towards the League. Please know that when we receive any donations it goes towards our four-legged friends and the love and care they receive means that this was an act of kindness. It is our mission to continuously give them a sense of belonging. Friends like yourself which make a difference in their lives. Donations always bring hope and without this our dreams and efforts to improve cannot become a reality. Many thanks for your huge contribution! With the installation of the security gate in the charity shop we can now rest and know our staff is safe. - Animal Cruelty League Hi Odion, My gate was installed today. I am thrilled, it is just what I wanted! Thank you for the excellent service and prompt supply. Please pass on my thanks to your office staff. - Caroline Diack
THANK YOU FOR EVERYONE’S SUPPORT DURING THE PAST YEAR.
HERE IS YOUR TEAM ROUND-UP FOR 2013. KEEP SUPPORTING!
Tshepo Sefala, Thabiso Motahane, Patrick Moyana 4 GOALS
Tebogo Peterson 7 GOALS
TOP SCORER! Sthembela Khabanyane 9 GOALS
Samuel Mabuza, Nkosinathi Ndaba
Khazamula Mabaso 2 GOALS
Cebo Ndwandwe, Mncedisi Dlephu, Rivers Ngobeni, Emmanuel Kunene 1 GOAL
FINANCIAL FOUNDATIONS: Feature 3 of 5 While credit has its uses, many consumers don’t understand, or take the time to investigate, the small print. As a result, they end up paying much more than what they need to and can afford. Here is the third of
5 FINANCIAL FOUNDATIONS shared by Capitec Bank:
Understand credit life insurance Credit life insurance is a policy that covers your debt should you die, be retrenched or become disabled. It’s an important part of a credit agreement, as most credit providers won’t approve a credit request if you don’t have life cover in place. However, be warned that this is where you need to act cautiously when approaching credit providers. The National Credit Act (NCA) stipulates that credit agreements should outline all costs to you before you sign, including elements like credit life insurance. It’s important to know if this is included in the interest rate and if you can avoid the extra cost if you have your own life cover. The Act also enables you to shop around for the best-priced insurance. Some credit providers include it at no charge.
Ukuqonda kokutshelekisa ngomushwalensi wokuphila
LATEST COTY STANDINGS 2 2 01
Umshwarensi yamatyala ngumthetho okhusela ityala xa uthe wasweleka, waphelelwa okanye wonzakala. Yeyona ndawo ebalulekileyo kwisivumelwano setyala , njengoko abanye ababolekisi ngemali bengasivumi isicelo semboleko mali xa ungenawo lomshwalensi. Kodwa ke uFischer walumkisa ngokuthi funeka wenze ngengqiqo xa uthetha nababolekisi ngemali. “NCA ucacisile ukuba kubalwe onke amatyala phambi kokuba usayine isivumelwano, iquka nomshwalensi wobomi”. Kubalulekile ukwazi ukuba ingaba yonke lento ifakiwe kwinzala, kodwa ke unakho ukuyingayithathi xa unayo eyeyakho. Lombhalo uyakubonisa uba ukhangele owona mzi womsholensi obhetele. Amanye amaziko abolekisa ngemali awabizi mali ngoku.
Ebaletsebo ka tshireletso ya bophelo sekolotong Tshireletso ya bophelo sekolotong’ ke policy yeo etla go lefela sekoloto sagago ge oka hlokofala, wa felela ke moshomo goba wa golofala. Ke karolo e bohlokwa ya tumelelano ya sekoloto, kage mafelo a mangwe akase amogele kgopelo ya sekoloto ge o sena le cover ya bophelo sebakeng. Lege gole bjale, batsibi ba sedimosha gore kemo o swanetsego go tsea shedi ge oba oepatametsa bakadimi ba dikoloto. ‘’National Credit Act (NCA) ehlalosa gore tumelelano ya sekoloto e swanetse go bontsha ka moka pele o bea pene letlakaleng, go akaretsa le tshireletso ya sekoloto sa bophelo. Go bohlokwa gore otsebe seo seakareditswe mo dinamaneng legona oka phema ditlaleletso ge ona letshireletso ya sekoloto sa bophelo’’ obola bjalo. Molao leona oagodumelela go kala kala ditheko tse maleba tsa tshireletso eo. Tsedingwe tsa bakadimi badikoloto ba diakaretsa ntle legolefisha.
For these and more insights into Maxidor visit: https://sites.google.com/a/maxidor.co.za/maxidor-intranet/ or simply go to:
Ukutshelekiswa komshwalensi wokuphila kuyilungiselelo lokuvikela izikweletu zakho mowungashona ukuphelelwa umsebenzi noma ukukhubazeka. Kuyinxenye ebalulekile kusivumelwano sokutshelekisa, izimboni eziningi zokubolekisa abasivumeli isicelosokushonisa ngemali uma ungenawo umshwalensi wokuphila (life cover). Noma kunjalo, u-Fischer uyasiqaphelisa ngesenzo sokuqophelela lapho siya kubo mashonisa. I- NCA iveza ukuthi isivumelwano sokutshelekisa kumelwe sikuveze ngokugqamile izinkokhelo ngaphambi kwesi gxivizo, kuhlanganise nezici zomshwalensi wokuphila. Kubalulekile ukwazi ukuthi kuyinxenye yenzuzo zenzalo noma ungagwema ukubhadala okwengeziweuma unomshwalense wakho wokuphila. Ngokusho’ lesenzo sikuvumela ukuba uhwebelane ngamanani aphansi womshwalensi. Ezinye izimboni zokubolekisa zikwenza ngaphandle kwezindleko.
Ukwazi ngokhuseleko lwetyala
The Editorial Panel reserves the right to amend, reject or shorten all contributed material. The opinions expressed by contributors are not necessarily those of the Editorial Panel nor of Maxidor.
Published on Dec 19, 2013