APPENDIX TO THE ERASMUS BILATERAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN ECE EUROPEAN BUSINESS SCHOOL – FRANCE, hereinafter to be referred to as “ECE”,
AND FONTYS UNIVERSITY OF APPLIED SCIENCES – THE NETHERLANDS, hereinafter to be referred to as “FONTYS”,
1. BACKGROUND FONTYS UNIVERSITY OF APPLIED SCIENCES (FONTYS) and ECE EUROPEAN BUSINESS SCHOOL (ECE) signed a Bilateral Erasmus Agreement which recognised the importance and mutual benefit of maintaining international academic links between the institutions. Since then, both institutions have undertaken steps to further extend the mutual benefits of combining efforts to enhance an international academic experience for qualified students.
2. PURPOSE OF THE PRESENT APPENDIX FONTYS and ECE now agree to introduce a joint programme (Bachelor level) in the form of two bachelor degrees in International Business Administration that will permit up to 6 qualified students annually from both institutions. ECE students can either be from Bordeaux or Lyon campus. The home institution will nominate students. Nominated students must make formal application for admission to the host institution in accordance with the deadline of the host institution and satisfy dual degree student admission requirements. FONTYS and ECE are required to inform annually the other party concerned of any change in the structure of their own programs mentioned below, such as change of courses, change in number of credits etc. in order for the other party to assess whether the changes will affect the outline below. If necessary, the outline below will be renegotiated.
3. A JOINT PROGRAMME CONDITIONS A - FONTYS students to ECE (Bordeaux/Lyon Campus) A1 – Minimum requirements to be met by FONTYS participants in the Joint Programme includes: • • • • •
An average of 7 or more grade point. FONTYS will decide if the English language level is sufficient enough to participate the Joint Programme. Motivation letter and current CV Current CV Motivation letter
A2 – The recruitment procedure for the Program is divided into the following stages: 1. During the first stage of a process, a candidate is asked to complete and to send the application form (please see the attachment), transcript of records, resume and covering letter to the programme manager of the IBC programme at FONTYS. The application period is to be hold between March and April. 2. If the application is accepted by the Recruitment Committee*. When there are doubts a candidate will be invited to the second stage of recruitment. a 10-minute presentation of the chosen problem from the management consulting area. After the presentation, the Recruitment Committee holds a general interview with the candidate to assess his skills and abilities. 3. After the joint decision is made by the representatives of ECE and FONTYS, the candidate is informed about the final decision about the acceptance (or rejection) of his application.
The recruitment procedure is supervised by: • The representative of ECE • The representative of FONTYS Among the key recruitment criteria are: • Student’s engagement in the deepening of the scientific knowledge – evaluated through grades in the transcript of records; • Student’s engagement in projects, internships and any other type of outside-the-university-activity – evaluated through resume and covering letter.
A3 – Enrolment at the ECE: FONTYS students having undertaken a Bachelor degree in Business Administration and succeeded two years of study at FONTYS (with completion of 120 ECTS credits) will be given the opportunity to enrol in the Bachelor in International Business Administration (BBA) at ECE (Campus Bordeaux/Lyon) in the fourth year of studies (semester 7 and 8). The fourth year of the Bachelor in International Business Administration at ECE is fully taught in English including a 6 month (minimum 5 month) Work Placement at the end of the study period (semester 8). The internship can be carried out in France or any other country from January to June. A4 – Academic programme details for FONTYS students: International Business Administration (Marketing specialization) is a programme that provides a perfect opportunity for young people who pursue a career in a multinational company or to work in an international environment. Based on the development of general, functional and transferable competences and skills, this Programme will give students high-level international business knowledge and foster their communicational skills necessary in order to integrate successfully into business teams of different cultures and to work in a global environment. The Programme employs widely the case study technique, while students’ project activities and practice in multinational business companies will provide an opportunity to see business in reality and to learn to apply theoretic knowledge in practice. The FONTYS students will be studying at ECE Bordeaux campus according to the following study model (ref. to Annex 1) A5 - Degree Requirements: In order to qualify for the ECE degree, FONTYS students need to complete one semester classes (30 ECTS /semester) and an internship along with a final Bachelor Thesis and final examinations (30 ECTS/semester) and validate in total of his curriculum 240 ECTS credits. The student’s thesis will be corrected by a supervisor from FONTYS and a supervisor from ECE. The final examinations, hold at the end of June – beginning of July, consist of a written examination which is a 7-hour case study – in English - and oral examination – in English. A6 - Degree Awarding The host institution will award its degree only when the home institution notifies the host institution that the home degree has been awarded. Bachelor qualification degree is awarded based on the Bachelor Thesis Qualification Committee decision and approval of the French State Awarding Committee in September and the degree testifying diploma is issued within 23 months later.
B - ECE STUDENTS TO FONTYS B1 - Minimum requirements to be met by ECE students participating in the Joint Programme includes: • • • •
13 out of 20 or more grade point average from the Business classes ECE will decide of the English language level is sufficient for doing the Joint Programme. Motivation letter Current CV
B2 - The recruitment procedure for the Program is divided into the following stages: 1. During the first stage of a process, a candidate (coming either from Bordeaux or Lyon campus) is asked to complete and to send the application form (please see the attachment), transcript of records, resume and covering letter to the Head of the International Office at the ECE. The recruitment and application period is hold between March and April. 2. If the application is accepted by the Recruitment Committee*, a candidate is invited to the second stage of recruitment – a 10-minute presentation of his/her professional career project followed by a general interview with the Recruitment Committee to assess student’s skills and abilities. 3. After the joint decision is made by the representatives of the ECE and FONTYS University, the candidate is informed about the final decision about the acceptance (or rejection) of his application.
The recruitment procedure is supervised by: • The representative of the ECE • The representative of the Fontys University of Applied Sciences Among the key recruitment criteria are: • Student’s engagement in the deepening of the scientific knowledge – evaluated through grades in the transcript of records; • Student’s engagement in projects, internships and any other type of outside-the-university-activity – evaluated through resume and covering letter. B3 – Enrolment at FONTYS University: After having successfully achieved two years of studies (with completion of 120 ECTS credits) in the ECE Bachelor International Business Administration Programme, the ECE students will be able to undertake the Bachelor of Business Administration at FONTYS (International Business Consultancy programme – IBC). The ECE students will be enrolled during their third year at FONTYS. After having successfully achieved the study year at FONTYS (semester 6 and 7), the ECE students will have to come back to France in order to complete their fourth study year at ECE. B4 – Academic programme details for ECE students: The aim of the International Business Consultancy Programme is to prepare students for a professional career in profit and non-profit business environment. The program is focused on consulting skills and the knowledge that makes a student a better consultant. Business management topics will provide students the necessary knowledge. Students are able to act on tactical and strategic level. The way of teaching is based on interaction between student and teacher. Working in groups is also an important aspect of our educational philosophy. The ECE students will be studying within Fontys International Business Consultancy (IBC) programme according to the following study model (ref. to Annex 2): B5 - Degree Requirements: After having achieved successfully the IBC programme year (60 ECTS) at FONTYS, ECE students will need to complete a one semester course programme (30 ECTS) in their 4th year followed by a 5 months internship period (8 th semester) including the writing of the final Bachelor Thesis. Thesis which may be linked to the Internship with an FONTYS and ECE supervisor, and take the Final Examinations, hold at the end of June – in the beginning of July, consisting in a 7hour Case Study in Strategy and a 40’ oral examination. The internship can be taken in France or any other country. B6 - Degree Awarding The host institution will award its degree only when the home institution notifies the host institution that the home degree has been awarded. Bachelor qualification degree is awarded and the degree testifying diploma and its supplement are issued based on Thesis colloquium and Qualification Committee decision and approval of the Rector (July and January).
C2 - ECE / FONTYS Guidelines for the Bachelor Thesis writing: From the ECE side, the student is obliged to fulfill all the standard requirements described in detail in the “Study and Examination Regulation” and in other examination documents available in the attachment (ref. to Annex 3). Additionally, ECE and FONTYS agree on the following procedure: 1. The student of the joint program is obliged to discuss the topic of his/ her prospective thesis with chosen professors from both ECE and Fontys University. 2. Related or not to work placement, the topic has to be finally approved by the Examination Board at ECE (Bordeaux campus) and Fontys University (January). 3. The actual guidance of the thesis will be overtaken by the professor from the home university according to the general rules mentioned in the “Study and Examination Regulation”. 4. The thesis advisor (the first marker) will be assigned among the student’s home university lecturers. 5. Second marker will be assigned among the host university lecturers. 6. The BT colloquium will take place at Fontys University or at ECE (Bordeaux campus) and will be held by the representatives of both cooperating universities: Fontys and the ECE Bordeaux campus.
4. ADMINISTRATIVE AND FINANCIAL ISSUES 1. Each student will pay tuition and other fees at his home institution during the exchange period according to the practice of the institution. 2. The number of students admitted to the Undergraduate Dual Degree will be limited to 6 per academic year from each institution, subject to exchange balances unless agreed otherwise in writing. ECE students applying for FONTYS can come from both campuses, Bordeaux and Lyon. 3. Joint program students must have personal funds sufficient to cover all expenses not covered by the home or host institution as part of this agreement. 4. The host institutions will assist joint programme students in obtaining accommodation. All accommodation and living costs are to be paid by the dual degree students. All other expenses required or incurred for the purpose of taking part in this program will be the responsibility of each student concerned. Such expenses include but are not limited to: travel, transportation, books, course materials, field trips (required or voluntary), student union membership, sport facilities, medical and other insurance, and other incidental and personal expenditures. 5. Joint programme students will be responsible for ensuring that they have adequate health insurance cover during their stay at the host institution (European Health Insurance policy being mandatory).
5. DURATION, REVISION AND TERMINATION OF PRESENT APPENDIX This Appendix to the Bilateral Agreement will come into effect with the appropriate signatures below and will remain in force until the expiry of the Bilateral Agreement. The agreement may be terminated by the appropriate authority of either party giving twelve months written notice to the other party unless an earlier termination date is mutually agreed upon. This Appendix may be amended by mutual written consent of the two parties. In witness hereof, the parties hereto have offered their signatures FONTYS UNIVERSITY OF APPLIED SCIENCES
ECE EUROPEAN BUSINESS SCHOOL
Director Elke Oegema Fontys University Of Applied Sciences
Director Ece European Business School
ANNEX 1 FALL SEMESTER Fall (7th) semester programme integrates coursework in business, International Marketing and Communication, foreign languages and cross-cultural studies. It is enriched by case studies and business projects (Council & Development Mission within a company - MCD). Luxury Marketing International Distribution Agreements Corporate Communication Consumer Behaviour Marketing B to B Marketing studies Direct Digital and Viral Marketing Change Management and organizational Behaviour International Management Issues Business Control Global Asset Management
3 ECTS 3 ECTS 3 ECTS 3 ECTS 3 ECTS 3 ECTS 3 ECTS 3 ECTS 3 ECTS 3 ECTS 3 ECTS
ANNEX 2 FALL SEMESTER / SPRING SEMESTER IBC PROGRAMME AT FONTYS Fall (5th) and Spring (6th) semesters programme integrates coursework in business, International Marketing and Consultancy, foreign languages and cross-cultural studies. It is enriched by case studies and business projects.
FALL SEMESTER Business Engineering I Cross Cultural Behaviour Management Accounting I International Economics and Law Research Methods Business Consultancy Skills (mediation) International Marketing English
4 ECTS 4 ECTS 4 ECTS 4 ECTS 4 ECTS 4 ECTS 4 ECTS 2 ECTS 30 ECTS
SPRING SEMESTER Management Accounting II Organisational Change Financial Innovations Regional Branding Business Consultancy Skills (consulting) Business Engineering II Organisational Behaviour Dutch language and Culture
4 ECTS 4 ECTS 4 ECTS 4 ECTS 4 ECTS 4 ECTS 4 ECTS 2 ECTS 30 ECTS
ANNEX 3 8