: IBM COG-135
: IBM Cognos 8 BI OLAP Developer
Version : R6.1
Prepking - King of Computer Certification Important Information, Please Read Carefully Other Prepking products A) Offline Testing engine Use the offline Testing engine product to practice the questions in an exam environment. B) Study Guide (not available for all exams) Build a foundation of knowledge which will be useful also after passing the exam. Latest Version We are constantly reviewing our products. New material is added and old material is updated. Free updates are available for 90 days after the purchase. You should check your member zone at Prepking and update 3-4 days before the scheduled exam date. Here is the procedure to get the latest version: 1.Go towww.Prepking.com 2.Click on Member zone/Log in (right side) 3. Then click My Account 4.The latest versions of all purchased products are downloadable from here. Just click the links. For most updates,it is enough just to print the new questions at the end of the new version, not the whole document. Feedback If you spot a possible improvement then please let us know. We always interested in improving product quality. Feedback should be send to feedback@Prepking.com. You should include the following: Exam number, version, page number, question number, and your login ID. Our experts will answer your mail promptly. Copyright Each PDF file contains a unique serial number associated with your particular name and contact information for security purposes. So if we find out that a particular PDF file is being distributed by you, Prepking reserves the right to take legal action against you according to the International Copyright Laws. Explanations This product does not include explanations at the moment. If you are interested in providing explanations for this exam, please contact feedback@Prepking.com.
1. For performance reasons, what is the best parent-child ratio for categories in each level? A. 1:10 or less B. 1:11 or more C. 5:1 or less D. 3:1 or more Answer: A
2. Transformer is unable to locate one of the source files for a data source in the model, and the model update fails. Which type of files can be used to restart the processing at the point of failure? A. .py? B. .qy? C. .mdl D. .mdx Answer: B
3. How can the cube build flexibility and performance be maximized? A. Enable Consolidation. B. Enable the AutoSummarize property. C. Combine Structural and Transactional data into one data source. D. Preprocess the data. Answer: D
4. Where should fact queries against OLAP sources come from? A. A flat file B. An .iqd file C. A Cognos 8 report D. A Cognos 8 package Answer: A
5. A Cognos 8 report with prompts is used as a data source. What must be done to create a second query
that is based on the same report but provides different values for mandatory prompts? A. Add the second query to the report data source. B. Refresh the source when adding the second query. C. Add prompt values to the cache in the Transformer data source. D. Add the same report as another Transformer report data source. Answer: D
6. To add dimensional data to an existing model, how can metadata be leveraged from other published OLAP packages? A. Insert an OLAP package in the data source list. B. Import a PowerCube as a data source. C. Add dimensions from an OLAP package in the dimension map. D. Add a data source query using a Cognos 8 OLAP report. Answer: C
7. Which of the following can be done to improve performance when dealing with large volumes of data? A. Include multiple data sources. B. Use a single large data source. C. Include data sources of the same type. D. Use Cognos 8 reports as the data sources. Answer: A
8. Which of the following will help improve processing time when Transformer queries the data? A. Use Cognos 8 packages and reports as structural data sources. B. Separate structural and transactional information in multiple data sources. C. Combine structural and transactional information into one data source. D. Define dimensions with one transactional data source. Answer: B
9. What does unique mean when applied to a level in a dimension map?
A. The level is designated as a convergence level. B. The level must be the bottom level of the dimension. C. No two categories in the level can be derived from the same source value. D. The data history does not move with the categories as they move in the level. Answer: C
10. What should a developer do if some levels appear red after validating the model using Show Scope? A. Ensure the level exists in the data source. B. Specify a valid relationship between the level and the data source. C. Re-attach the categories in the Dimension Diagram. D. Apply unique move to the level and regenerate the categories. Answer: B
11. What does a unique move ensure when applied to a level in a dimension map? A. The measure values are not rolled up to the new path of the moved categories. B. The category can be moved to another level. C. The developer must manually restructure the categories in the dimension. D. The category moved within the level has its data history moved with it. Answer: D
12. How can a developer populate a level with a different data source column? A. Through level properties. B. Through column properties. C. Through dimension properties. D. Through PowerCube properties. Answer: A
13. What can be done if a regular time dimension is added to a model, and the levels Year, Quarter, and Month are not automatically generated? A. Set the date input format for the time dimension.
B. Set the data class of the source category to Date. C. Change the numeric time sequence for each level. D. Create a non-standard time dimension with the new levels. Answer: B
14. A developer added a manual level in the time dimension. During category generation, the developer gets a warning that Transformer is not able to relate the categories to the parent levels. What must be done to ensure Transformer relates the categories correctly? A. Specify a date function for each level. B. Specify date input format. C. Specify an Invalid Dates category. D. Specify a time-state rollup. Answer: A
15. How can a developer customize the reporting period so that the year has 52 weeks, with 7 days in each week, yielding 364 days? A. Set up a lunar time period. B. Set up a time period based on a calendar year. C. Set up a time period based on fiscal year. D. Set up a relative time category. Answer: A
16. What can be done to correct a report that contains time categories that are out of range and irrelevant to the user? A. Ensure the input format is correct for dates in the source data. B. Check to see if an absolute range category is automatically generated. C. Adjust the acceptable dates included in the model. D. Create a non-standard time dimension. Answer: C
17. When the model contains two data sources that provide date values, how can the developer avoid ambiguity when Transformer sets the current time period? A. Disable the data source's ability to set the current time period. B. Assign the current date (obtained from the system clock) as the current period. C. Let Transformer assign the date closest to the model's creation date as the current period. D. Enter the initial current period and adjust it to match the system date and time. Answer: A
18. If a cube group based on a level in a dimension is created, how can the developer prevent another cube from being added to the cube group? A. Ensure the level labels and category labels remain unchanged. B. Specify a category limit for the level. C. Prevent the automatic creation of categories. D. Exclude the dimension from auto-partitioning. Answer: C
19. Where can a developer change relationships to create a structure different from what the data suggests? A. Categories Diagram B. Dimension Map C. Data source property sheet D. Level property sheet Answer: A
20. How can the parent-child relationship for each category be established? A. Verify the model. B. Insert manual levels. C. Show category counts. D. Generate the categories. Answer: D
21. What must be done to make the cube data available in Analysis Studio? A. Rebuild the PowerCube. B. Create a data source connection to the cube in Transformer. C. Publish the PowerCube as a data source and a package. D. Generate a package that contains a data source connection to the cube. Answer: C
22. Senior Managers need to see total and regional sales figures, but Regional Managers should see relevant figures for only their regions. Where can the developer specify the degree of detail to be included? A. In a manual level B. In a cube group C. In the PowerCube D. In a scenario dimension Answer: B
23. How can a developer include a key performance indicator that is unavailable in the Transformer data source? A. Add a regular measure. B. Add a calculated measure. C. Add a measure folder. D. Add a measure allocation. Answer: B
24. How can a developer best address values that are being rounded excessively? A. Adjust the number of decimal places. B. Create a calculated measure. C. Modify the rollup operations. D. Assign scale and precision settings. Answer: D
25. The model contains a measure named Quantity, and the OLAP reports need to show the Minimum monthly quantity sold to each store. How would a developer get the correct result? A. Use a Regular rollup function. B. Use a Time state rollup function. C. Use an External rollup function. D. Use a Non-regular rollup function. Answer: A
26. The developer notices a decrease in run-time performance in a model that has calculated measures (before rollup). Because auto-partitioning is not used, how can the developer increase performance? A. Use a duplicates rollup instead of a before rollup setting. B. Use an external rollup instead of a before rollup setting. C. Use calculated columns instead of before rollup measures. D. Use a time state rollup instead of before rollup setting. Answer: C
27. For a cube that represents values in Euros, what should be done for American consumers to see the appropriate currency symbol in Euros? A. Build Cubes using a system locale that matches the measure locale. B. Manually create and update the base currency information. C. Set up currency conversion without defining a default currency. D. Use more than one data source to supply the conversion rates. Answer: A
28. When measures are calculated after rollup, when are the calculations performed? A. Before time state rollup takes place. B. After allocated measures are calculated. C. Before regular rollup takes place on all measures. D. After relative time calculations.
29. What can be done to show how many retailers of each type bought a specific product each month, quarter, or year? A. Create a calculated measure with a Time state rollup. B. Specify an allocated measure as the Activity Measure. C. Create a calculated column. D. Define a measure that counts categories. Answer: D
30. What objects can be created within the Cognos Namespace? A. Roles and users B. Groups and roles C. Groups and users D. Members Answer: B
31. To control access to content for users that have similar responsibilities and privileges,where should security be applied? A. Data source B. Role C. User D. Namespace Answer: B
32. In Transformer, how can a developer restrict access to an entire PowerCube from authorized users? A. Apply cube-based security. B. Set member-based security. C. Apply namespace-level security. D. Set package-based security.
100% Pass Guaranteed or Full Refund Word to Word Real Exam Questions from Real Test Buy full version of exam from this link below http://www.prepking.com/COG-135.htm