Page 1

Kids shouldn’t have to worry about identification. Protect them.


can help get you the peace of mind you and your child deserve.

It’s as easy as... • Bring your child to an MVD office • Fill out the paperwork • Present your documents • Get an ID

Questions or Comments Phoenix 602-255-0072 Tucson 520-629-9808 Elsewhere in Arizona 1-800-251-5866 TDD Hearing/Speech Impaired Service 602-712-3222 Note: The TDD phone number works only for customers using a TDD System

Protect Your Child with an

Arizona Identification Card

Protect your child! An Arizona Identification Card with photo allows law enforcement agencies to rapidly distribute your child’s information and photograph in case of an AMBER ALERT. How much does it cost? Cost of an ID card is only $12 A new photo will be needed as your child grows and changes. Photo updates are available at MVD offices. A duplicate Identification Card with the new photo costs $12. Who is eligible? Everyone, including babies What do I need to bring to MVD? The child’s Social Security number is required. It will be used to verify the child’s identity and to comply with federal and state laws. It will not be used as the Identification Card number. Additional documents from Primary and Secondary lists are also required.

Primary forms of identification (Must include date of birth)

• Birth Certificate issued in any state, territory, or possession of the U.S. Hospital record/certificate and California Certified Abstract of Birth are not acceptable. • Delayed Birth Certificate issued in any state, territory, or possession of the U.S.

Secondary forms of

identification (Date of birth not required)

• Instruction Permit or ID Card issued in any state, territory, or possession of the U. S. • U.S. Military Dependent ID Card • Social Security Card • Legal Guardian Affidavit

• U.S. Certificate of Birth Abroad

• W-2 Form

• U.S. Passport or Passport card

• School ID (with photo)

• Foreign Passport with U.S. Visa (admission stamp or I-94 Form required in passport)

• Certified Letter of Identification for a Ward of the Court issued by a court or government agency in the U.S.

• I-94 Form (with photo) presented without passport. Must have photo unless presented with an Arizona Refugee Medical Assistance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Economic Security, Refugee Medical Assistance Program. Classifications C-1, C-1D, C-2, C-3, D-1, D-2 are not allowed for an ID card. WT & WB are allowed for an ID card.

• Arizona Certificate of Birth (Foreign Born), issued by the Office of Vital Records • Documents from Court of Record: - Adoption Decree - Name Change Decree - Emancipation Decree

• Resident Alien Card (issued after March 1977) • U.S. Certificate of Naturalization • U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services, Refugee Travel Document I-571

Following are examples of Primary and Secondary documents you may bring to MVD when applying for an Identification Card. Two of the documents are required if one has a clear photo of the applicant; or three documents listed with no photo. For a complete list, visit us at, and click on Motor Vehicle Division. • One document must be listed under “Primary” the others under “Secondary.” • All must be originals or copies certified by the issuing agency.

• U.S. Certificate of Citizenship • Tribal Certificate of Indian Blood • Tribal or Bureau of Indian Affairs Affidavit of Birth

On the web at

• All must be written in English.

G10-119 R10/10

Child ID brochure  

The Arizona Child ID brochure was created to educate the public on the benefits of having an ID card for your child.

Read more
Read more
Similar to
Popular now
Just for you