BARCELONA SPAIN ASC 2014
CONFERENCE BOOKLET 1. ANNUAL SALES CONFERENCE 2014 WELCOME MESSAGE FROM KARIM EL ALAOUI MUSTAPHA MANAGING DIRECTOR Welcome to Barcelona! This is the time when we all come together to celebrate our successes. We are here to celebrate 2013 achievements and embrace the new vision for 2014. 2013 was a year when we were BOLD and IGNITED. We achieved remarkable sales figures and contributed to the positive growth of our company both within our regions as well as internationally. Boehringer Ingelheim continues to rise as one of the powerful leaders in the pharmaceutical industry with a huge exposure worldwide who each and every one of you participated in creating this positive momentum. Congratulations for all of the hard work and the tremendous efforts you did. 2014 is the year for CHANGE. I can see you in 2014 pushing yourselves to new heights, shifting out of your comfort zones and embracing different ways of doing things so that you experience an acceleration of personal growth and reaching out to our dream. Change can always seem like a big challenge but we all have the capacity to exceed beyond what we could ever have imagined. I believe you are the team that will leave a huge legacy in the BI history. I look forward to working with you to make our vision for this year a reality. Our time together in this vibrant city is a combination of concentrated and focused efforts during the conference days with great opportunities for social activities and interaction at the various themed evenings. Wish you a nice stay in Barcelona and have a wonderful time getting to know each other. I look forward to meeting with you during the conference. Karim El Alaoui Mustapha
CONFÉRENCE ANNUELLE DES VENTES 2014 MESSAGE D’ACCUEIL DU DIRECTEUR GÉNÉRAL KARIM EL ALAOUI MUSTAPHA Bienvenue à Barcelone! C’est le moment où nous nous retrouvons tous ensemble pour célébrer nos réussites. Nous sommes là aujourd’hui pour célébrer les réalisations de l’année 2013 et adopter une nouvelle vision pour l’année 2014. En 2013, nous étions AUDACIEUX et ENTHOUSIASTES. Nous avons atteint des chiffres de vente remarquables et contribué à la croissance positive de notre entreprise tant au niveau régional qu’au niveau international. Boehringer Ingelheim ne cesse de s’accroître, se posant comme l’un des leaders de l’industrie pharmaceutique, et disposant d’une énorme visibilité mondiale ; un formidable élan positif auquel vous avez tous contribué. Félicitations pour tout le travail dur et les efforts considérables que vous avez fournis. 2014 est l’année du CHANGEMENT. Je m’attends en 2014 à ce que vous vous dépassiez, sortant de vos zones de confort et adoptant des façons de faire différentes, ce qui favoriserait une croissance personnelle accélérée et servirait à nous rapprocher de notre rêve. Le changement semble toujours comme un défi de taille, mais nous possédons tous la capacité d’aller au-delà de ce que nous n’aurions jamais pu imaginer. Je suis sûr que vous êtes l’équipe dont la contribution à l’histoire de notre entreprise sera énorme. J’ai hâte de travailler avec vous afin de concrétiser nos objectifs pour cette année. Le temps que nous allons passer ensemble au sein de cette ville animée sera partagé entre efforts concentrés et ciblés pendant les journées de conférence, et de grandes possibilités d’interaction et de participation à des activités sociales lors des différentes soirées à thème. Je vous souhaite un agréable séjour à Barcelone, et surtout amusez-vous à vous faire connaissance! J’ai hâte de vous rencontrer lors de la conférence. Karim El Alaoui Mustapha
2. FLOOR PLAN OF VENUE
LEVEL 0 & 1
3. CONFERENCE VENUE W Hotel: Placa de la Rosa dels Vents, 1, Final Passeig de Joan de Borbo
4. EVENING FUNCTIONS AND DRESS CODES Saturday 15 February FC Barcelona Match and dinner at the stadium. Please bring your BI Glow stick to the FC Barcelona match. Shuttles leave at 18:00. Meet in the hotel foyer by 17:30 Dress Code: Dress as the No. 1 FAN Sunday 16 February The venue for the second evening is the Oval room at the Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya (MNAC). Shuttles to the venue leave at 19:00 from the hotel. You will each receive a uniquely crafted Carnivale mask as you enter the bus. Dress Code: The Gala Dinner dress code is strictly Formal Attire (suits and evening dresses). Monday 17 February Dinner at Leisure Tuesday 18 February Dinner and dancing at club OPIUM. Shuttles leave at 19:00 from the hotel. Dress Code: Please dress in chic, fashionable and flamboyant clothing. Wednesday 19 February Sightseeing Day. Dress Code: For all of the sightseeing trips please wear comfortable shoes and ensure you have a warm coat with you as there will be walking involved. Dinner at leisure
5. DRESS CODE FOR CONFERENCE For the Conference business sessions we would like your attire to be ‘Business Smart’ (no jeans, shorts or T-shirts).
6. ACCESS CARDS A name badge and lanyard will be handed to you at event Registration at the hotel in Barcelona. Please wear your name badge at all times for security reasons and to gain access to the conference venue and different functions (including evening parties).
7. INFO DESK There will be an INFO DESK in the lobby during the event for any help you may need or queries you may have. For emergencies please contact Helen Vittle on Barcelona +34 662446930 or your BI representatives Amr Helmi 00971 559205100 or Jennifer Belda 00971 503543028
8. ACCOMMODATION Hotel check-in is from 15:00, and check-out is by 12:00 on the day of departure. Delegates accommodation is from the 15 – 20 February for the BI ASC delegates. Medical team delegates accommodation is from the 19 – 23 February. If you arrive earlier or stay later this will be for your own account. This amount would need to be settled when you check out Please ensure you are aware of the Residents’ Rules at your hotel. These rules are available at the check in desk. All personal extras such as telephone, laundry, mini-bar, Spa treatments or additional personal leisure activities are for your own account and are to be settled direct with the hotel when you check out. The hotels accept credit cards or cash (Euro). (www.xe.com for exchange rate guidance). Please note that the room sharing allocation has been undertaken by the company directive and to this end no swapping and changing will be allowed. We know you understand the importance of sticking to this policy.
9. LUGGAGE Please make use of your hotel Concierge should you need to store any luggage on day of registration or departure.
10. EVENT TRANSFERS / SHUTTLES Shuttles will be operational during the event for airport transfers, and transfers within Barcelona. For all information regarding the shuttle service, please contact the Info Desk. Please keep your laptop on your person. No responsibility will be taken for lost luggage by the Transfer Company, CLI or BI. The shuttles leave for the FC Barcelona match at 18:00. Please meet in the foyer by 17:30 Shuttles for the Gala dinner on the 16th and Opium on the 18th leave at 19:00 from the hotel foyer We are providing 3 x 25 seater free shuttles from the hotel from 15:30 until 18:00 on 16,17 and 18 February to and from the ‘La Rambla’s Boulevard in the centre of town and the Arenas de Barcelona shopping Centre. There are two free 20 seater shuttles that will do round trips
11. DEPARTURES For your return airport transfer, please consult the Information desk at the hotel. Please be prompt for the departure of your transfer to the airport. Transfers will leave the hotel 4 hours before your flight departure time at the airport. Transfers will only be provided on the 20th. If you have a later departure that will be for your own account. There will also be an airport transfer for the medical team on the 23 February.
12. MEALS AND REFRESHMENTS Breakfast and lunches will be served in the Hotel. Breakfast on 16, 17, 18 February is served from 06:00 until 08:00. Breakfast on the 19th February - sight seeing day is from 07:00 until 09:00 All meat served during meals is from a certified Halaal registered butcher - - - - -
FC Barcelona match on 15th will include dinner in the museum. Gala dinner on 16th will be at MNAC 17th dinner at Leisure. 20 Euro’s can be spent and put on your BI expense account for Feb 18th dinner at OPIUM venue 19th lunch and dinner at Leisure. You can spend 20 Euro for each meal and put it on your BI expense account for Feb. A total of 60 Euro’s must be claimed by the 20 April. Any late claims will not be paid.
All pre-event requests for special dietary requirements have been accommodated. Please refer to the event staff or follow signage for collection points. On the day of your sight seeing trips only breakfast will be served in the hotel.
13. CURRENCY / EXCHANGE RATE At the moment the current exchange rate is approximately: 1 United Arab emirates Dirham = 0.20 Euro (www.xe.com for exchange rate guidance)
14. CLIMATE / WEATHER February 2014 Forecast http://www.bbc.com/weather/3128760
15. WIRELESS ACCESS You will have WiFI access whilst at the W hotel conference area. Wifi access code is BI ASC 2014
16. ACCOMMODATION SECURITY • • • •
Just like anywhere else in the world, please do not leave your luggage unattended Store valuables in the safety deposit box provided in the hotel room or at reception Keep your room locked, whether you’re in or out. If someone knocks, check who it is before opening
17. ACCESSIBILITY OPTIONS (DISABLED DELEGATES) • •
Seating available at the front of the session rooms and on the aisles Wheelchair access is available throughout the venue