WEILBACH - NEW DIGITAL NAVIGATION PLATFORM At SMM 2018, Danish supplier of nautical charts Iver C. Weilbach & Co. A/S is launching a digital platform with multiple navigation services that reduces administrative costs.
INCREASED ACCURACY AND EFFICIENCY One of the features where Wendis Viewer excels is in the integration of the UKHOâ€™s Admiralty Information Overlay (AIO), which displays Admiralty Temporary and Preliminary Notices to Mariners (T&P NMs) and ENC Preliminary Notices to Mariners (EP NMs) on top of Electronic Navigational Charts (ENCs).
WendisViewer gives you complete access to information required for planning your voyage.
The UK Hydrographic Office collects and compiles data from hydrographic offices around the world. This allows them to provide bridge officers with the widest official and compliant coverage of shipping routes and ports through its portfolio of Admiralty Maritime Data solutions.
- The more accurate the information available at the planning stage, and the quicker it is available, the better the situational awareness and efficiency on board, explains Martin Mikkelsen.
- Sharing routes between vessels and the office enables shipowners to monitor fleets and ensures that the vessels operate safely and cost effectively, says Martin Mikkelsen.
- By integrating official Admiralty Nautical Publications as e-books, operators will be able to download and apply the latest UKHO updates to publications electronically. This important feature not only helps to support safety and compliance but can also reduce administration on board the vessel, says Martin Mikkelsen.
- As well as AIO, operators can build different information overlays on top of ENCs such as weather service, tide, emission control areas along with Marpol zones. This way, the platform shows the data the mariner needs when operating in different waters. Together with the integration of Admiralty Digital Publications,
FLEET MONITORING ENSURES SAFETY In addition to ensuring accurate data on board the vessel, that data can be shared between vessels as well as between a vessel and the land-based office.
- Wendis Viewer simplifies voyage planning and saves time by having all the information operators need available on a single user-friendly platform, and thereby avoids the need for different software systems, explains Martin Mikkelsen, Director of Business Development at Iver C. Weilbach & Co
- The platform has a remark function allowing shipowners to quickly warn the mariners, if their vessel is entering no-go areas or insurances zones. Meet Iver C. Weilbach & Co. A/S in the Danish Pavilion hall B1.EG stand 213
The more accurate the information available at the planning stage, and the quicker it is available, the better the situational awareness and efficiency on board. - Martin Mikkelsen, Director of Business Development at Iver C. Weilbach & Co
The count-down for SMM is on: In just a few days, the Who’s Who of the maritime industry will meet in Hamburg for SMM, the leading internati...