BLUES IN THE
O jazz tradicional dos anos 20 e o swing dos anos 30 são fundamentalmente os estilos da Happy Feet Jazz Band, que se inspira nos grandes artistas da época, acrescentando um estilo próprio.
A banda é formada pelos músicos: Marcelo Costa (trompete e voz), Bo Hilbert (bateria), Yan Vanconcellos (contra-baixo) e Chon Tai Yeung (voz).
1. Blues In The Night My mama done tol' me When I was in pigtails My mama done tol' me A man's gonna sweet-talk and give you the big eyes But when the sweet-talking's done A man is a two-face, a worrisome thing Who'll leave you to sing the blues in the night Now the rain's a-fallin' Hear the train a-callin, "whoo-ee!" My mama done tol' me Hear that lonesome whistle blowin' 'cross the trestle, "whoo-ee!" My mama done tol' me A-whooee-ah-whooee ol' clickety-clack's A-echoin' back th' blues in the night
The evenin' breeze'll start the trees to cryin' And the moon'll hide it's light When you get the blues in the night Take my word, the mockingbird'll sing the saddest kind o' song He knows things are wrong, and he's right From Natchez to mobile, From Memphis to St. Joe Wherever the four winds blow I been in some big towns An' heard me some big talk But there is one thing I know A man's a two-face, a worrisome thing Who'll leave you to sing the blues in the
2. I Canâ€™t Believe That You're In Love With Me
Your eyes so blue, your kisses too I never knew what they could do I can't believe you're in love with me You're telling everyone I know I'm on your mind each place you go They can't believe that you're in love with me I have always placed you far above me I just can't image that you love me And after all is said and done To think that I'm the lucky one I can't believe you're in love with me
3. On The Sunny Side Of The Street Grab your coat and snatch your hat, leave your worries on the doorstep. Just direct your feet to the sunny side of the street. Can't you hear that pitter pat and that happy tune in your step. Life can be so sweet on the sunny side of the street.
I used to walk in the shade with the blues on parade. But I'm not afraid the rover, crossed over. If I never had a cent I'll be rich as Rockfeller. The gold dust at my feet on the sunny side of the street.
4. I Got Rhythm
Days can be sunny, with never a sigh ; Don't need what money can buy. Birds in the tree sing their dayful of song, Why shouldn't we sing along ? I'm chipper all the day, Happy with my lot. How do I get that way ? Look at what I've got :
I got daisies In green pastures, I got my man/girl Who could ask for anything more ? Ol'Man Trouble, I don't mind him. You won't find him 'Round my door.
I got rhythm I got music I got my man Who could ask for anything more ? I got starlight, I got sweet dreams, I got my man, Who could ask for anything more ? Who could ask for anything more ?
5. I'll Be A Friend With Pleasure
Right from the start you played a part I gave my heart with pleasure
Sunset till dawn though you are gone dreams linger on, I treasure
your fond caress brought happiness I'd answer yes with pleasure
if you contend this is the end I'll be a friend with pleasure
6. Comes Love
Comes a rainstorm, put your rubbers on your feet Comes a snowstorm, you can get a little heat Comes love, nothing can be done. Comes a fire, then you know just what to do Blow a tire, you can buy another shoe Comes love, nothing can be done Don't try hiding, cause there isn't any use You'll start sliding, when your heart turns on the juice Comes a headache, you can lose it in a day Comes a toothache, see your dentist right away Comes love, nothing can be done
Comes a heatwave, you can hurry to the shore Comes a summons, you can hide behind the door Comes love, nothing can be done Comes the measles, you can quarantine a room Comes a mousey, you can chase it with a broom Comes love, nothing can be done That's all, brother, if you ever been in love That's all, brother, you know what I'm speaking of Comes a nightmare, you can always stay awake Comes depression, you may get another break Comes love, nothing can be done
1. Blues In The Night Arlen / Mercer 2. I Can't Believe That You're In Love With Me McHugh / Gaskill 3. Happy Feet Ager / Yellen 4. On The Sunny Side Of The Street McHugh / Fields 5. Alabamy Home Ellington 6. Centerpiece Hendricks / Edison
Mike Hashim - sax soprano, sax alto Bo Hilbert - bateria (drums) Chon Tai Yeung - vocal Marcelo Costa - trompete Yan Vasconcelos - contrabaixo (bass) Christiano Caldas - piano Bernardo Fabris - sax tenor
7. I Got Rhythm Gershwin / Gershwin 8. When My Dreamboat Comes Home Franklin / Friend 9. I'll Be A Friend With Pleasure Pinkard 10. Comes Love Brown / Stept / Tobias 11. Blues In The Night (Alt Take) Arlen / Mercer
Arranjos: Mike Hashim Estúdio: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Técnicos: Grilo xxxxxx, Thiago xxxxxx Edição e Mixagem: Wander Faria Masterização: Grilo xxxxxx Fotos: André Fossati Arte: Mariana Chebly
Published on Jun 13, 2010