PSYCH 504 Week 3 Learning Team Quiz 2 Click Here to Buy the Tutorial http://www.tutorialrank.com/PSYCH/PSYCH-504-UOP-Course/product-6600psych-504-week-3-learning-team-quiz-2-uop-course For more course tutorials visit www.tutorialrank.com Tutorial Purchased: 2 Times, Rating: B+ Quiz 2 Multiple Choice 1. Rogers' theory is primarily a theory of A) the structure of personality. B) the nature of psychology as a science. C) the process of change. D) psychopathology
2. Two main trends seen throughout Rogers' life are A) a concern with the subjective-experiential and the objective-scientific. B) concern with religion and philosophy. C) concern with individuals and media. D) concern with the correlational approach and the construct validity approach. 3. Rogers' theory of personality is associated with a particular view of human nature. That view is reflected in which of the following statements?
A) to the extent that people are as Freud pictured them they are neurotic. B) human nature is basically negative. C) self-actualization is essentially the same as Freud's concept of socialization. D) people are basically sinful. 4. Which of the following statements does not accurately reflect an aspect of Rogers' theory of personality? A) A person's phenomenological field is made up of both conscious and unconscious perceptions. B) The most important determinants of behavior are those which are unconscious. C) A person's phenomenological field is made up of both symbolized and unsymbolized perceptions. D) The most important determinants of behavior are those which are symbolized. 5. The phenomenological approach emphasizes A) feelings-experiences. B) perceptions. C) self-report measures. D) all of the above.
1. Within the Rogerian framework, the neurotic person is a person A) whose psychic energy is released indirectly through pathological behavior because direct expression of needs and drives would be too threatening to the self. B) whose self-concept reflects nothing more than his organismic experience. C) whose self-concept does not reflect accurately organismic experience.
D) both (a) and (b).
2. The concept of flow relates to A) water pressure on the brain. B) positive states of consciousness. C) the effects of rewards on performance. D) the pleasure of water sports.
3. According to self-determination theory A) people are innately rebellious. B) people function at their best performing out of anxiety. C) people prefer freely chosen to compelled activities. D) all of the above.
4. Rogers' attitude toward making differential diagnoses in psychopathology might be summed up in the following statement. A) Differential diagnoses help a therapist to design individualized treatment programs. B) Differential diagnoses are useful in that they help point out the individual's specific problem areas. C) Differential diagnoses are relatively worthless as aids to psychotherapy. D) None of the above.
5. Which is not a defense mentioned by Rogers? A) distortion. B) denial. C) projection. D) sublimation.