Page 1


A million bottles a minute: world's plastic binge 'as dangerous as climate change'.


WHY IS IT BAD?


How bad is the microplastic pollution


93% Of Drinking Bottled Water Could Contain Microplastics On average, scientists found 325 plastic particles per liter. Worldwide average of 10.4 plastic particles for each liter of water.


Why is Microplastic Pollution is bad


Plastic contains a synthetic chemical called Bisphenol A (BPA) BPA can be found in more than 80% of teenagers. BPA can possibly interfere with women’s hormonal balance and affect reproduction. it also linked to breast cancer in animals along with obesity, thyroid issues and neurologic disorders in humans. BPA during pregnancy can lead to the child experiencing lung problems or being more likely to develop asthma later in life. Heating up the plastic bottle can increase the amount of chemicals and toxins that leak into water or any beverage.


Why recycling doesn't help


Every year, we produce 300m tonnes of plastic. Only 20% of it recycled, the rest 80% littering in our air, land and sea. A million plastic bottles are bought around the world every minute and despite the rise in recycling culture over the past few decades, just 7% of those collected last year were turned into new bottles. Most end up in landfill or in the ocean and by 2050 plastic waste is estimated to outweigh all the fish in the sea Almost 300m tonnes of plastic is produced each year and, with just 20% recycled or incinerated, much of it ends up littering the air, land and sea.


RESULT Nutrition Facts 500 servings per container Serving size

1 Bottle

Amount Per Serving

Calories

0

% Daily Value*

Total Fat 0g Saturated Fat 0g Trans Fat 0g Sodium 0mg Total Carbohydrate 0g Dietary Fiber 0g Total Sugars 0g Includes 0g Added Sugars Protein 0g

0% 0% 0% 0% 0% 0% 0%

Not a significant source of cholesterol, vitamin D, calcium, iron, and potassium * The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.

LOGO

COLOUR

IDEA /INSPIRATION


FINAL DRAFT

Du jour Pure (2018)  

Info Package RE/design for bottled water. We are focusing on the abuse of plastic bottles situation. With beliefs of Reduce > Reuse >...

Du jour Pure (2018)  

Info Package RE/design for bottled water. We are focusing on the abuse of plastic bottles situation. With beliefs of Reduce > Reuse >...

Advertisement