TITLE serves :
BROUGHT TO YOU BY:
CHICKEN POT STICKERS serves 18
-2 lb Ground Chicken -1 Tbsp Ginger, Grated -¼ C Green Onion -½ C Thai Sweet Chili -1 Tbsp Maggi Soy Sauce -2 ea Eggs, Beaten
WONTONs -36 ea Wonton Wraps -2 ea Eggs, Beaten -2 C Corn Starch -Vegelene -Bamboo Steamer -Water for Steaming
1. Mix together all ingredients. 2. Set aside for 30 minutes.
WONTONS 1. Lay out wonton wraps. 2. Use small scoop to portion the chicken amongst the wraps. 3. Brush one side of each wrapper with egg, fold, and seal. 4. Keep under a moist towel to keep from drying. 5. Steam in a basket over a wok for 3-4 minutes. 6. Set a large non-stick skillet over the element. 7. Add a touch of oil and sear the bottoms.
CHICKEN “TOSTADA” serves 4
-1 ea Whole Chicken, Cleaned and Trussed -2 ea Roma Tomatoes, Diced Small -1 ea Red Onion, Diced Small -1 ea Garlic Clove Minced -½ C Parsley and Cilantro -2 ea Limes, Juiced -1 jar Lebneh Cheese -2 ea Cucumbers, Seeded, Fine Dice -¼ oz Dill, Chopped
-¼ oz Mint, Chopped -¼ C Lemon Juice -½ C Feta Cheese -4 ea Pita Bread, Cut into “Chips”
1. Bring a large stockpot filled with water to a boil. Drop in the chicken and boil for one hour. Allow to cool and then pull the meat. Set aside. 2. Make the tzatziki by mixing together the Lebneh, dill, mint, cucumbers and lemon juice. Salt. Set in the fridge. 3. Mix together the tomato, onion, garlic, parsley and cilantro. Squeeze the limes over, a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Refrigerate. 4. Heat a stockpot with oil in it to 375 degrees. Once hot, fry the pita chips until crispy and brown. Transfer to a rack and season. 5. Once ready, heat the chicken in a small sauté pan. Lay down a pita chip, put a little tzatziki down, pile the chicken on top of that. Finish with the salsa and feta.
FIRECRACKER SHRIMP serves 18
-6 lb 21-25 Shrimp, Peeled & Deveined -3 C Cornstarch
SAUCE -2 Tbsp Garlic,Minced -1 C Orange Juice -½ C Soy Sauce -1 C Ketchup -1 Tbsp Sambal Paste -¼ C Siracha -¼ C Sugar -Slurry as needed
1. Dredge shrimp in corn starch. 2. Heat frying oil to 350 F using a large stock pot (do not fill more than 3/4.) 3. Carefully place half the shrimp into hot oil and cook until golden brown (3-4 min.) 4. Place cooked shrimp into large mixing bowl. 5. Repeat with remainder of shrimp. 6. Coat shrimp with sauce and serve immediately over rice.
SAUCE 1. Bring all ingredients to a boil in medium size sauce pan. 2. Reduce to a simmer. 3. Add slurry as needed (1 tsp at a time) until it has reached a gravy consistency.
EGGPLANT BRUSCHETTA serves 4
-2 ea Japanese Eggplants, Cut in Half and Sliced on Bias -2 C Breadcrumbs -1 C Flour -3 ea Eggs, Beaten -2 ea Heirloom Tomato, Cut into Medium Dice -1 ea Garlic Clove, Minced -Â˝ ea Red Onion, Small Dice -4 oz Burrata Cheese
-Olive oil -Salt -Basil -Lemon
1. Salt the Eggplant for 1 hour. Dry with a paper towel. Dredge in the flour, then the egg and finish in the seasoned breadcrumbs. 2. In a bowl, mix together the tomatoes, garlic, onion, salt and pepper. Pour over a little olive oil and zest the lemon into it. 3. Fry the Eggplant for a minute only until golden brown, transfer to paper towel and then to a rack to hold. Season. 4. Pull a little burrata cheese and lay it over the eggplant, top with the tomato mixture, olive oil and basil.
CITRUS HONEY CAKE serves 18-20
-4 C All Purpose Flour -4 tsp Baking Powder -1 tsp Salt -2 C Unsalted Butter, Softened -2 C Sugar -4 Tbsp Lemon Zest -6 Large Eggs
TOPPING -⅔ C Honey -1 C Slivered Almonds -2 tsp Ground Ginger VANILLA CREME ANGLAISE -2 C Milk -1 Vanilla Bean Split Lengthwise -½ C Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. 2. Butter a 9 inch baking pan. 3. Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl – set aside. 4. Beat the butter, sugar and lemon zest in a large bowl until creamy. 5. Add the eggs one at a time. 6. Beat in dry ingredients. 7. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. 8. Bake for approximately 35 minutes.
TOPPING 1. Warm the honey in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. 2. Stir in almonds and ginger. 3. Spread the cake with the topping and bake for 5 more minutes. 4. Cool for 5 minutes and serve with a spoon of custard.
VANILLA CREME ANGLAISE 1. Heat the milk and vanilla bean in a small saucepan over med-low heat, until simmering and remove from heat. 2. Whisk the yolks and sugar in a med bowl until thickened. 3. Slowly pour in 1/3 of the hot milk, whisking continuously, pour in the rest and whisk until fully combined. 4. Pour into a clean small saucepan and cook on low heat, stirring continuously, until thickened. 5. Strain the custard through a fine-mesh sieve into a small pitcher for serving.
GRILLED ASPARAGUS serves 18
-5 lb Asparagus, Cleaned -2 Tbsp Black Sesame Seeds -1 C Miso Aioli -2 Tbsp Soy Oil
MISO AIOLI -¼ C Miso -¾ C Mayonnaise -1 Tbsp Honey -1 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
1. Preheat your grill plate on high heat. 2. Coat asparagus with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. 3. Grill for 3 minutes on each side. 4. Place on serving platter and generously top with miso aioli.
MISO AIOLI 1. Combine all ingredients and pour into squirt bottle.
HOMEMADE TWINKIES serves 16
-1 C Cake Flour -½ C All Purpose Flour -2 tsp Baking Powder -1 tsp Salt -4 Tbsp Milk -1 C Unsalted Butter -2 t Vanilla Extract -10 ea Large Eggs -1 ½ C Granulated Sugar -2/3 tsp Cream of Tartar
Filling -¾ C Unsalted Butter -3 C Confectioners Sugar -1 tsp Vanilla Extract -1 tsp Salt -1 ½ C Marshmallow Fluff -4 Tbsp Heavy Cream -4 Tbsp Condensed Milk
1. In a Mixing bowl, whisk together the cake flour, AP flour, baking powder and salt. 2. In a small saucepan over low heat, heat the milk and butter until the butter melts. 3. Remove from heat and add the vanilla, cover to keep warm. 4. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the egg whites on high speed until foamy. 5. Gradually add 6 tablespoons of the sugar and the cream of tartar, continue to beat until the whites reach soft peaks, about 6 minutes. 6. Transfer the beaten egg whites to a large bowl and add the egg yolks to the standing mixer. 7. Beat the egg yolks with the remaining 6 tablespoons sugar on med-high speed until the mixture is very thick and a pale lemon color, about 5 minutes. 8. Add the beaten egg whites to the yolks but do not mix.
9. Sprinkle the flour mixture over the egg whites and then mix on low speed for just 10 seconds. 10. Remove the bowl from the mixer, make a well in one side of the batter and pour the melted butter mixture into the well. 11. Fold gently with a large rubber spatula until the batter shows no trace of flour and the whites and yolks are evenly mixed, about 8 strokes. 12. Immediately scrape the batter into the prepared molds, fill about 3/4 cup of batter. 13. Bake until the cake tops are light brown and feel firm, 13-15 minutes. 14. Transfer the pan containing the molds to a wire rack and allow the cakes to cool in the molds.
FILLING 1. In a stand mixer, beat together butter, confectionersâ€™ sugar, vanilla extract, salt and marshmallow fluff. 2. Add cream and condensed milk, beat until smooth. 3. Transfer the frosting to a pastry bag fitted with a 1/4 in round tip. 4. Pipe frosting into three spots on the underside of the twinkie, taking care not to overfill.
MAC & CHEESE serves 12
-1 lb Elbow Macaroni, Cooked -½ Gallon Whole Milk -½ C Butter & 2 Tbsp butter -½ C Flour -1 ea Bay Leaf & Sprig of Thyme -18 oz Tillamook, Grated -6 oz Parmesan -Salt and Pepper
1. Begin by cooking pasta until done, but not over done. 2. In a stock pot melt the butter over medium high heat in a high sided pot. Add the flour a little at a time and stir to make roux. Season. After 2 -3 minutes roux should be blonde and have a nutty smell. Begin adding the milk a little at a time, making sure to whisk out any clumps. 3. Allow the sauce to come to a boil before adding more milk. Look for the sauce to coat the back of a spoon but still run a bit. Now add the bay leaf and thyme, followed by the cheeses. End with the salt and pepper. 4. To assemble, in a bowl mix together cooked pasta with the cheese sauce. Stir to make sure sauce gets into the middle of the noodles. Pour the noodle mixture into a greased casserole and cover with the topping and bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
PHYLLO SPUN SHRIMP serves 4
-1 pkg Shredded Phyllo, Defrosted -1 lb Shrimp, Peeled & Deveined Tails On -1 Flour -3 ea Eggs, Beaten -1 lb Spring Peas, Blanched -¼ oz Mint -¼ C Heavy Cream, Warmed -2 ea Roma Tomatoes, Small Diced -1 ea Shallot, Small Dice
-1 ea Jalapeño, Small Diced -2 ea Limes, Juiced -1 Tbsp Sugar -1 tsp Ginger -1 tsp Garlic -2 Tbsp Water -1 ea Thyme Sprig
1. First prep the shrimp. Dredge the shrimp in the flour then coat with the eggs. Finish in the shredded phyllo, making sure to press on the phyllo if necessary. Set on a tray and keep in the fridge. 2. To make the sauce, sauté the shallot, ginger, garlic and jalapeno for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, sugar, lime juice, water and thyme. Bring to boil, drop to a simmer and reduce until thickened. Pass through the blender and then a food mill. Keep in the fridge until ready to use. 3. To make the pea purees add the peas to the blender and add only one tablespoon of cream. Add salt. Blend the peas until very smooth and thick, add cream as needed. 4. Finish the puree with the mint. Buzzing it up at the end and quickly to maintain green color. 5. Once ready, fry the shrimp in oil for 3-4 minutes until phyllo is golden and shrimp is cooked. Plate together with the puree and sauce.
SOUTHWESTERN EGG ROLLS serves 18
-3 ea Zucchini, Large Dice -3 ea Yellow Squash, Large Dice -1 ea Yellow Onion, Small Dice -2 ea Garlic Cloves, Sliced -1 C Black Beans, Drained -¼ lb Cotija Cheese, Crumbled -½ lb Pepper Jack Cheese, Grated -2 C Spanish Rice, Cooled -2 ea Eggs, Beaten -Salt & Pepper
-Oil to Fry -Egg Roll Wrappers CHIPOTLE DIPPING SAUCE -½ Can Chipotle Peppers, Minced -1 C Sour Cream
SOUTHWESTERN EGG ROLLS 1. In a large sauté pan over high heat, add 2 Tbsp oil and begin by sautéing the onion and garlic. 2. Add the zucchini and squash and cook until soft. Season, pull from the heat and cool. 3. Fold the Spanish rice, cheese and beans into the zucchini mixture. Check the seasoning. 4. Heat a large high sided stock pot filled half full with oil. 5. Roll the mixture in the egg roll wraps, seal with the egg wash. 6. Fry until dark golden, serve hot with the chipotle sauce.
CHIPOTLE DIPPING SAUCE 1. Combine ingredients and mix well.
UPSIDE DOWN PINEAPPLE CAKES serves 24
-3 Tbsp Melted Butter -1C Brown Sugar Pour melted butter into bottom of cupcakes pans. Distribute brown sugar evenly among cups. ADD: ½ of a Pineapple chopped into tidbits In a small bowl whish together: -4 Eggs -4 Tbsp Buttermilk -1 tsp Vanilla
In the mixer Add: -2 C Flour -1 ½ C Sugar -1 ½ tsp Baking Powder -½ tsp Salt -½ tsp Baking Soda Mix for a few seconds to blend. Add: -¾ C Chopped Butter -¾ C Buttermilk
1. Beat on low speed until flour is just moistened. Increase to medium speed and beat for 1 minute. The batter will be stiff. 2. Add 1/3 of the egg mixture at a time beating after each addition, and scraping the bottom with a spatula each time. 3. Pour the batter into cups using a 1/4 C scoop over chopped pineapple. 4. Bake about 30 minutes until cakes are done. Lightly touch the middle of each cake; if it springs bake, it is done. Use a small offset spatula to make sure they are not stuck to the sides. 5. Let cool for 2-3 minutes. Place a large cutting board on top of pan and flip it over. Cakes should come out easily. Finish with whipped cream or toasted nuts.
KOREAN BBQ PIZZA serves 18
TOPPINGS -Grilled Short Rib -Korean BBQ -Mozzarella Cheese -Charred Scallions
PIZZA DOUGH -24 oz Mineral Water, Warm -1 ½ tsp Yeast -1 ½ tsp Sugar -7-9 Cups of Flour (Caputo) -½ C Olive Oil -2 tbsp Salt
1. Pour 1 cup of heated water into a small mixing bowl. 2. Combine sugar, yeast, and 1 cup of flour. 3. Mix well and set aside for 15 minutes. 4. Add the sponge into a mixer with a paddle attachment. 5. Turn mixer to setting 3 and add flour 1 cup at a time. 6. Add flour until dough sticks together and pulls away from sides. 7. Mix for 4 minutes. 8. Transfer to an oiled bowl, cover with moist cloth. 9. Let sit in a warm place for 1-2 hours (should rise twice.) 10. Preheat pizza stone 500 degrees. 11. Divide & roll dough on a lightly floured surface.
Six-year-old Chef Amina loves the color pink, dancing to Katy Perry, reading Dr. Suess books and playing with her puppy, Ginger. But Amina’s true passion is food. For as long as she can remember, Amina has enjoyed being in the kitchen. In her own play kitchen she dreams up her culinary creations, but what she truly loves is being in the kitchen with her mom, helping to cook meals for the whole family. Amina loves to try new recipes and is excited to welcome her guests to the grand opening of Amina’s Café!
Get the best recipes from Chef Amina! Her wish gave her the opportunity to cook for her family and friends.