BH. Cheshvan 5774 / October 2013
Hebrew Day School of the Capital District
Welcome to the 11th annual Maimonides Raffle-Auction! The rare “Chanksgiving” or “Thanksgivukkah” combination is big time news this year, but our Raffle-Auction is actually after Thanksgiving weekend, on the "Zos Chanukah" climax and grand finale when all 8 candles shine together. Your contribution/raffle-ticket purchases help support quality Jewish & General Education so all our students shine brightly all year long.
EVERYONE IS A WINNER! Your odds are greater here, and your support makes a big difference right here in our community. Please mail this form with your raffle choices and payment, or join us personally on December 4th. You need not be present to win.
THANK YOU! The Maimonides Raffle-Auction Committee
404 Partridge Street Albany NY 12208
Non-Profit-Org US Postage
PAID Permit #14 Albany NY
NOTE: Photos are for illustrative purposes only and may differ from actual prize. Maimonides assumes no responsibility for exact specifications, Kashrus or quality of individual prizes. Winners need not be present to win, but do assume shipping costs for larger/heavier prizes that are not picked up in Albany. All proceeds directly benefit the Maimonides School.
A / $20
Toshiba L75D-A7283 designed for work or entertainment, with AMD A4-5000 1.5GHz 2MB L2 Cache Processor, 6GB DDR3 RAM Memory, 750GB 5400RPM Hard Drive, AMD Radeon HD8330 graphics card, 17.3" LED backlight diagonal display (1600 x 900), DVD-SuperMulti, Webcam, Microphone, running Windows 8.
B / $20
(1) A medium-brown Mongolian 18” straight wig with a 5”x5” multi-directional part, uncut and easily dye-able. Donated by Yitzchak and Shaina Ettel Menda of MyWigToday.com (2) Sheitel cut by Chanel Lipsker, Brooklyn
C / $15
Diamond bracelet and 2 diamond earrings from Shadora.com: (1) 2 ct. diamond sterling silver tennis bracelet (2) 1 ct. diamond sterling silver black & white halo earrings (3) 1/2 ct. diamond 14K white gold studs earrings.
Make some changes to your home with... (1) $250 of Lighting at Wolberg Electric (2) Area Rug from Modern Carpet on Broadway (3) 5 Gallon Paint Bucket at Sherwin Williams (4) $25 at Home Depot
F / $10
TIME TO DRESS UP
(1) $120 at Ruthie’s Unique Boutique on Rt 59 in Monsey NY (2) White & Silver/Gray Pearls with silver clasp (3) New Jewish Mom’s Plan-It (2-book set) by Liba Andrusier
G / $10
(1) Handwritten Mezuzah by local Sofer M. Serebryanski in memory of Dr. B. Teitelman, (2) 1 case of “KosherKeeper” containers. (3) 4 HaChai Children’s Books (4) Music CD’s from Tara & JewishMusic.com (5) Jumbo Alef-Bet Floor-mat from J.E.T.
K / $10
(1) 30-minute family portrait session at Caras home studio or location of choice within 20 minutes of Albany. Receive 20 hi-res edited digital images. (2) $100 gift-certificate at CanvasOnDemand.com
L / $10
TABLET & H-PHONES
(1) Toshiba Excite Tablet 10.1” AT205-T16 multi-touch screen (Factory Refurbished) USB, HDMI & MicroSD slots. Slim, light, excellent battery life. By 1sale.com (2) Premium in-ear noise-cancelling Sennheiser Massive Bass Earphones
(1) Two-tone gold & silver cutlery service for 12 (2) Add to your kitchen arsenal with a Toasteroven, blender, crock-pot, sandwich-maker, & food-processor by DrimmersHousewares.com
iPOD TOUCH5 + JEMapp
The latest iPod touch, with 4” Retina display running on Apple’s dual-core A5 Chip. With WiFi access the iPod can basically do anything the iPhone can, only without a cell-phone plan and monthly data charges. Plus get a one year subscription to Jewish Educational Media (Chabad) “Living Torah” online APP.
E / $15
J / $10
(1) 1 case of Benz’s Frozen Gefilte Fish (2) 1 case of Kedem Grape-Juice (3) Gift Basket from Shmaltz Brewery, now brewing in Clifton Park (4) 12” cake from New Mt Pleasant Bakery (5) GrowandBehold.com Meat Sausage Sampler 8bs total of: Kielbasa, Bratwurst, Merguez, Sweet Italian, Mild & Spicy Chorizo.
N / $10
STAMPIN’ & STEP-IT-UP
(1) Stampin’-Up! scrapbooking kit ($300 value). (2) Step-It-Up JR, a Jewish DDR dance and exercise program playable on your computer.
O / $10
(1) KidKraft Master Cook’s Kitchen ($300 value) (2) 120-pc wooden Train-Set (3) Assorted collection of “Melissa & Doug” wooden toys: lacing-beads, abacus, shapesorting-clock, cutting-food, alphabet stamps etc.
P / $10
BED, BATH & BEYOND
(1) King-sized bed-spread from The Company Store w/ 2 roll-pillows & a long decorative pillow (2) Bathrobe and Bath accessories (3) $100 gift-card to Bed, Bath & Beyond.
Q / $10
LEARN TO RELAX
(1) 1-hour private Yoga lesson at the home studio of Amanda Toll in Niskayuna. (2) $75 Spa treatment from Zen Again Spa (3) Deluxe Therapeutic Massager
R / $10
KIDS OUT & ABOUT
A round of golf for four (with golf-cart) at the Normanside Country Club in Delmar. A tucked away beautiful spot. Expires June 1st, 2014.
(1) Gift-Certificate to Fun-Plex, East Greenbush (2) 4 All-Day Passes BounceAround Clifton Park (3) Tree-Paad Gift-Basket + 4 Passes, Malta (4) Tumbling Tykes $25 Gift-Certificate, Latham (5) 1-year ZooBooks subscription from ZooCrew
I / $10
S / $10
H / $10
SLEEP IN COMFORT
(1) 8-piece bedding set for two twin-size beds (pillowcases, fitted sheets & duvet covers). (2) 2 MAXI down-alternative (machine-washable) comforters, filled with ultra soft fiber. Perfect for a guest room!
Look for Trouble, Sorry, Rummikub, Chess & Checkers, stack of classic board game fun, for long Shabbos afternoons or snowy nights, along with some new exciting games from ThinkFun.
T / $5
(1) One night stay at the Hyatt Place in Malta (2) One night at Saratoga Turf ‘n Spa in May or June (3) and an auto inspection and oil-change from Stark’s Auto on Excelsior St in Saratoga
U / $5
(1) Dustbuster Hand-Vac & Clothing Iron from DrimmersHousewares.com (2) $100 Certificate at Lapiner Bros. on Broadway in Menands (cleaning supplies, papergoods, safety). (3) Colonial Dry-Cleaners on North Allen Street
V / $5
Maimonides School Raffle-Auction 2013
B $20 / UR COVERED C $15 / DIAMOND
W / $5
G $10 / SHABBOS
X / $5
H $10 / GOLF
J $10 / MITZVAH
M $10 / HOUSEWARE
Z / $5
FIND YOUR WAY
True, many have GPS apps on phones, but its still a handy car gadget. This Garmin Nuvi 40LM has spoken street names, lane-change assist and a lifetime map update feature.
? / $5
Previous mystery packages included gift-cards, iPod, airline or Amtrak tickets, watches & more… Let’s see what’s in store this year!
SPECIAL / $10
SPLIT THE POT
50/50 Cash Prize. Winner and Maimonides split the proceeds to this special entry. NOTE: Bonus tickets (from $100 or $180 packages) can not go toward Split the Pot.
State & Zip
Ticket Sold By:
I $10 / SLEEP
K $10 / PHOTO
(1) Honibe Honey candies and lozenges (2) Honest Weight Food Coop Gift Basket (3) Tofutti gift-basket with 10 free vouchers plus bears, tote-bags and water-bottles (4) Trader Joe’s Mystery Shopper Certificate (5) Levana’s Whole-Foods Cookbook
F $10 / DRESS-UP
Canon Powershot A2500: 16MP camera, Canon Digic 4 Processor, 28mm wide lens, 5x Optical Zoom. Plus camera bag.
D $15 / iPOD 5 +JEM E $15 / HOME
Who doesn't love Lego? Build your collection with these Lego City sets totaling 1275 pieces and 20 mini-figures. Look for a helicopter, flatbed truck, fire-truck, surfers, ATV’s and more.. plus 2 sets of the new Lego Friends.
A $20 / LAPTOP
(1) Case of Chalav Yisrael Milk (2) Assorted Breakfast Cereals (3) Hot-Water Urn (4) 6-10oz bags of Fair-Trade Organic House-Blend Green Mountain Coffee
# OF TICKETS
L $10 / TABLET PLUS
N $10 / STAMP-STEP O $10 / WOOD TOYS
Total # of Tickets
Total $ Amount Enclosed:
Would you like to receive the school’s weekly “MC” 4-page communal newsletter by email? Write your email address here:
P $10 / BED & BATH Q $10 / RELAX
S $10 / GAMES
Checks payable to “Maimonides” or credit-card info below Mail with raffle-choices to: 404 Partridge St Albany NY 12208
T $5 / SARATOGA
Name on Card:
R $10 / OUT & ABOUT
U $5 / SUPER CLEAN V $5 / BREAKFAST W $5 / LOVE LEGOS
X $5 / CAMERA Y $5 / HEALTHYTREAT
Z $5 / FIND UR WAY
LIBRARY MEDIA CENTER DEDICATIONS
? $5 / MYSTERY
$20 for a New Book
SPECIAL $10 / SPLIT
$100 5 New Books $360 Shelf of Books
Early Bird Special: free $10 ticket before Nov 22
$1,000 Computer Workstation
$100 buys $140 in tickets
$180 buys $275 in tickets
by Mrs. A. Gothic Who knew back in 1930, when Grant Woods painted his famous American Gothic, that Chanukah & Thanksgiving could overlap, as they do this year. An odd couple? Chanukah is a Jewish Holiday that goes back 3,000 years to the Maccabees, while early Americana brought the Pilgrims and Native Americans together for Thanksgiving. But we can't help but smile at how the Maimonides School staff & students blend and integrate timeless Jewish wisdom with contemporary worldly relevance itâ€™s like celebrating Chanukah and Thanksgiving together all year round! Our painting symbolizes hardwork and determination, perseverance and austerity in lean times (that Maimonides knows too well), yet the happiness and joy of Maimonides children makes us smile for a change! So, after standing solemnly for 7 decades, my husband and I actually enjoy switching our rusty obsolete pitchfork for a Menorah that shines forth into the future! Please help support such quality education! May the Menorah's blessing of "Wonders & miracles in those days and in our time,â€? inspire, brighten and illuminate us today.
MAIMONIDES (Nursery / Elementary / High School) 404 Partridge Street Albany NY 12208 (518) 453-9363 email@example.com Founded in 1980, Maimonides is chartered by the NYS Board of Regents and is a UJF-NENY Beneficiary