Madison Regatta 2012
The Madison Courier Saturday, June, 30, 2012
12921 Hwy. 421 N. (Just Across The Bridge) Milton
Mon.-Thurs. 5:30am-11pm â€˘ Fri. & Sat. 5:30am-12am â€˘ Sun. 7am-9pm
Largest selection of Cigarettes, RYO,
(Machines, Tubes & Tobacco),
Chewing Tobacco, Snuff, Pipe Tobacco and Cigars Zippo Lighters
Fireworks Tent Sale
Cartons startings at $25.99
Little Cigars starting at $ 8.99 a carton
Now carrying A variety of
Electronic Cigarettes Premium Cigars
w w w.madisoncourier.com
• Hall’s Package Store 10685 State Road 7, Dupont, 273-6269 • Hanover Package & Liquor 320 W. LaGrange Road, Hanover, 866-3319 • Ken-Del Liquors 202 E. Second St., 265-3634 • North Side Liquors 701 Walnut St., 265-5127
P E T C AR E
• Cozy Critters Hotel Inc. 2929 Clifty Drive, 265-5400 • Madison Animal Clinic 825 W. Main St., 265-6300 • North Madison Veterinary Clinic 2528 Lanier Drive, 273-5737 • Paula’s Hound Hotel 8624 W. County Road 356, Lexington, 866-4740 • Pawsibilities Lanier Drive at Bear Street, 265-0033 • Pet Clips 6155 W. Warman Road, Hanover, 866-4043 • Pets Doc Veterinary Clinic 3048 Clifty Drive, 273-1803 • Waltz Animal Clinic 1300 Osage Drive, 273-6668
W I N E R I ES
• Lanthier Winery 123 Mill St., 273-2409 • Madison Vineyards 1456 E. County Road 400-N, 273-6500 • Thomas Family Winery 208 E. Second St., 273-3755
R E N TA LS
• Aaron’s 750 Clifty Drive, 265-8151 • American Rental 509 Clifty Drive, 265-6677 • Rent-A-Center 3160 English Station Road, 265-5059 • TNT Tool & Equipment Rental 3136 Michigan Road, 265-9022
M EE T I N G /R ECE PT I O N H A L LS
• Clifty Inn Clifty Falls State Park, 265-4135 • Knights of Columbus 2250 Lanier Drive, 273-1537 • Livery Stable 313-317 Broadway, 265-2346 • Venture Out Business Center 975 Industrial Drive, 273-6510
“Always Service After the Sale”
302 W. Main St. 812-265-5555
Store Hours: Mon-Fri 9 to 6 • Sat 9 to 5
Competitive Price Guarantee!
JEFFERSON COUNTY COMMUNITY GUIDE
R ECREATION B OW L I N G
• Ten Pin Alley 200 Clifty Drive, 273-5540
F I T N ES S C E N TE R S
• Anytime Fitness 1321 Clifty Drive, 274-2851 • Curves 1416 Bear St., Suite A, 265-9703 • Fit for the King 2617 Wilson Ave., 273-1543 or (800) 891-7013 • Mad City Crossﬁt 975 Industrial Drive, 599-9474 or 701-2715 • RockStar Gym 103 Miles Ridge Road, 273-7119
G O LF
• Clifty Golf Range State Road 56 at State Road 62, 273-9339 Miniature golf, driving range • Cozy Acres Golf 4040 N. Old State Road 62, 273-3137 Nine-hole, miniature golf, driving range • River Chase Golf Course 1253 W. Main St., 265-2139 • Spring Hills Golf Course 4766 W. Butler Falls Drive, Hanover, 866-4727 18-hole
• Sunrise Golf Course 2136 Michigan Road, 265-8334 18-hole
I N ST R U CT I O N
• Madison Gymnastics World 775 Scott Court, 273-6733 • Mingione’s Shaolin Martial Arts Center 2617 Wilson Ave., 273-1543 or (800) 891-7013 • Taylor’s Tae Kwon Do Martial Arts Academy 700 Cragmont St., 265-2200
L I VE B A I T
• Clifty Garden Center & Animal Supply 1121 Clifty Drive, 265-1064 • Fast Max 224 E. Second St., 265-6261 • Madison Outdoors 504 W. State St., 265-9306 • Neils Creek Guns and Ammo 5755 N. State Road 7, Midway, 273-0582
M AR I N A S
• Eagle Hollow Marina 2765 E. State Road 56, 273-9346 Gas, docking, repairs, campground
Bloom i ng t s ’ a h W See at
Women’s Fashions Novelty Sweaters and Sportswear for all occasions
– Full Line of Vera Bradley – Brighton Jewelry, Watches, Wallets & Sunglasses – Variety of Accessories, Switchf lops, and Gift Items
At Madison Apothecary, you’ll find . . . A friendly, knowledgeable pharmacy staff to fill your prescriptions and answer your drug-related questions. A wide selection of over-the-counter medications. Durable home medical equipment and oxygen. Diabetic Shoes and Supplies. Drive-Thru Window and Delivery Service. Wine, Beer and Liquor
Unique children’s clothing infant through size 16, for boys and girls – Play and Dress-Up Clothes – Ty Products and Taggies Toys and Books
Hours: Mon.-Thurs. & Sat. 9-5 • Fri. 9-6 • Sun. 1-5 Open 4th Fridays Until 8 p.m.
Main Street Village • Downtown Madison Corner of Jefferson & Main 265-2588 • 265-2835
A MODERN-DAY PHARMACY, WITH OLD-FASHIONED VALUES
835 West Main St. – Downtown Madison – (812) 265-4621
T M I R A H C
~Live Music ~ ~ Refreshments ~ ~Register to win a $500 Shopping Spree~ Stores Open Extended Hours NIGHTS BEFORE CHRISTMAS CANDLELIGHT TOUR Tour of Private Homes and Public Sites in Historic Madison, Indiana November 23 & 24 November 30 & December 1 Fridays 5pm to 9pm Saturdays 3pm to 9pm Adults $15.00 - Children (ages 5-15) $5.00
Tickets available at:
VisitMadison, Inc. 601 W. First St., Madison, IN 47250 812-265-2956 or 1-800-559-2956 www.nightsbeforechristmas.com
Friday, November 9th Open till 9pm
Visit us for beautiful antiques and collectibles!
Storewide Clothing & Accessories
RIVER WEST ANTIQUE MALL 1029 West 2nd St., Madison
Main Street Village Downtown Madison, Corner of Jefferson & Main
Free Gift Wrap!
Come enjoy our great food at the Christmas Open House and during the holidays!!
• Pizzalicious Pizza • Great Salads . . . 104 & 106 East Main St., Madison In the middle of the downtown shopping district
Spatique Courtney Ellegood Stylist Jillian Tyer CND Nail Design Master Angela Gore Stylist 112 E. Main Street Madison
812-273-7000 Mon, Wed, Thu 11-6 Fri 11-8, Sat 10-8, Sun 11-4:30, Closed Tue
• Great Food • • Great Fun • Great Sports • 101 E. Main St., Madison, IN 812-265-3841
Rock -a- Bye Lady (812) 265-2990
• Signature Sandwiches • Fresh Baked Desserts
Mane Attractions 116 West Main St. Madison, In 47250 812.265.4003 *10 OFF ALL RETAIL (excluding Aveda Premade Gift Sets) * Double Points * Complimentary Mini Services * Wine and Hor’ dourves * Live Music **Unavailable on the 9th?? Come in early and preshop!!
Madison Buy Design & MAIN STREET BEADS
• Children’s Books • Dolls • Bears • Toys • Baby Items & Clothing • Doll House Miniatures 113 West Main Street • Downtown Madison
Your Transfer of $30 or more thru November
Bring this ad in for an entry to win a $50 Gift Certificate good for any merchandise in the store!
118 E Main St. (812) 274-2038
THE MADISON COURIER
w w w.madisoncourier.com
NEW CONSIGNMENTS ARRIVING EVERY DAY!
WE LOVE LAY-AWAYS!
Our shop is filled with a wide range of antiques, collectibles and the unusual.
While in Madison, please stop in our store to see our wide selection of:
Ready for a real difference in Dry Cleaning? 1605 Clifty Drive On The Hilltop Madison, IN (812) 274-1057 Family owned and operated since 1956! The Only True Green Cleaner in the Kentuckiana Area
• Art • Antique Tools • Glassware Collections • Neon Signs
• Die-Cast Cars • Antique Furniture • Jewelry • Harley Davidson Items • Pie Plates • Primitives • Porcelain Figurines • Paul Sawyer Prints
227 W. Main Street Madison, IN Mon.-Sat. 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. • Sun. Noon - 4 p.m.
Health, Mind & Body
Ready or not, here comes flu season... Stop by your neighborhood pharmacy today. Flu and Pneumovax for pneumonia are available anytime. Those who should be vaccinated are: 1. Pregnant women 2. Children younger than 5 3. People 50 years of age or older 4. People with chronic medical conditions 5. People who live in nursing homes and other long-term care facilities 6. People who live with or care for those at high risk for complications from flu. “The single best way to protect against the flu is to get vaccinated each year.”
835 West Main Street • (812) 265-4621
Does YOUR Provider... see you promptly ask relevant questions answer all your questions make you feel comfortable take steps to prevent illness treat you with respect listen to your concerns know your name
If your provider isn’t giving you the level of service you deserve, make an appointment with us for a comprehensive checkup and consultation.
311 E. Clifty Drive Madison, IN
812-274-2742 Open Every Day
Including all major holidays 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
The Madison Courier • SPRING ON THE ROAD
activate and save * 10¢/gallon
it’s not a credit card it’s a reward card and it’s free To activate go to BPDriverRewards.com or call the toll free number on the back of the card.
on your first fill-up then earn 5¢ per gallon on qualifying purchases** Please see cashier for more details. *one-time use, up to 20 gallons; unused rewards are forfeited **a minimum of 2 purchase with a combined total of at least 20 gallons
Largest selection of Cigarettes, RYO (Machines, Tubes & Tobacco) Chewing Tobacco, Snuff Pipe Tobacco and Cigars, Zippo Lighters, Smoke Odor Candles Now carrying a variety of Electronic Cigarettes, Premium Cigars ROLL YOUR OWN
ROLL YOUR OWN
MILTON Open 7 Days A Week
Mon.-Sat. 5:30am-11pm; Sun. 7am-9pm (502) 467-0488 BP (502) 467-0489 Smokers
12921 Hwy. 421 N. Milton Just Across The Bridge
DINING & ENTERTAINMENT GUIDE
DINING & ENTERTAINMENT GUIDE
Whit canoe ewater and z packa ipline ge
– Experience our 1 hour Premier Zipline tours or our 2 hour Ultimate Zip and Canopy tours. – Special pricing for youth and non-profit goups
Check out o Wine and Z ur Packa ipline ge
Health, Mind & Body
HEALTH, MIND & BODY 9 9
can reduce your risk for cancer Cancer does not discriminate, afflicting men, women and children regardless of their race, ethnicity or gender. While there’s no way you can fully protect yourself from cancer, there are ways to reduce your risk of developing cancer. Some of the most effective ways to lower your cancer risk is to make certain lifestyle choices. Many of these choices will not only reduce your risk of developing cancer but also improve your overall quality of life. Avoid tobacco. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, lung cancer causes more deaths than any other cancer. The majority of lung cancer cases are caused by cigarette smoking, and male smokers are 23 times more likely to develop lung cancer than men who don’t smoke. Women who smoke are 13 times more likely to develop lung cancer than their nonsmoking counterparts. In addition, the United States Department of Health and Human Services notes that smoking can also cause a host of other cancers, including cancer of the larynx, mouth and throat, esophagus, bladder, kidney, pancreas, cervix, and stomach. Avoiding tobacco entirely can drastically reduce your risk of developing any of these cancers. Don’t allow others to smoke around you. Even people who don’t smoke might be at a significant risk of developing cancer if they allow others to smoke around them. In a 2006 report titled “The Health Consequences of Involuntary Exposure to Tobacco Smoke,” HHS researchers revealed that cancercausing and toxic chemicals are higher in secondhand smoke than in the smoke inhaled by smokers. Exposure to secondhand smoke at home or at work increases your
risk by to 20 to 30 percent, so don’t allow others to smoke in your presence. Avoid heavy alcohol consumption. The World Health Organization notes that studies conducted around the globe have found that regular alcohol consumption increases a person’s risk of developing mouth, voice box and throat cancers. In 2007, WHO researchers published a study that found daily consumption of roughly 50 grams, or less than two ounces, of alcohol doubles or triples a person’s risk of the aforementioned cancers compared with the risk in nondrinkers. Numerous studies have also found that moderate alcohol consumption can reduce risk for other diseases, including coronary artery disease. As a result, men and women should discuss alcohol consumption with their physician and, if they do consume alcohol, always do so in moderation. Protect your skin. Though lung cancer might be the most deadly cancer, skin cancer is among the most prevalent. That’s especially disconcerting, as skin cancer is largely preventable. Men, women and children who protect their skin from the sun when spending time outdoors can drastically reduce their risk of developing skin cancer, which is the most common form of cancer in the United States. Seek shade, apply sunscreen and wear protective clothing, including a hat and sunglasses, to reduce your exposure to the sun’s potentially harmful ultraviolet rays. Though anyone can develop cancer, there are many choices people can make that can drastically reduce their risk of joining the millions of people who receive a cancer diagnosis each year.
CLASSES FOR: - ADULTS - TEENS - CHILDREN
FREE 2 Week Introductory Membership! “Try Us For 2 Weeks FREE And See What A Difference Tae Kwon Do Training Will Make In The Lives Of You and Your Family!”
www.TaylorTaeKwonDo.com Madison • (812) 265-2200
Osgood • (812) 756-1060