HCS 465 (Health Care Research Utilization) Entire Class Assignments DQs
To Purchase Visit link below
HCS 465 Week 1, Individual Assignment, Annotated Bibliography
Individual Assignment: Literature Review in Research: An Annotated Bibliography •
Resource: Literature Review in Research: An Annotated Bibliography Grading Criteria.
Go to the Center for Writing Excellence.
Click the Tutorials & Guides link.
• Click the Annotated Bibliography link the under the Samples heading. You may use this format to create your annotated bibliography. •
Read: the Annotated Bibliography samples provided.
Go to any of the three main databases of the University of Phoenix Library:
o o o
EBSCOhost Gale PowerSearch ProQuest
• Search for a health care topic to use as the basis of all individual assignments in this course. The topic must require the application of the research process described in Ch. 1 of Understanding Research. The following are examples of appropriate topics: o
o o o o
Medication error Childhood obesity Using technology and protecting patient confidentiality and privacy Managing the health care needs of an aging population
Prepare an annotated bibliography consisting of two to three references from the University of Phoenix library to support the research on your chosen topic. Prepare a brief summary, stating whether each reference is peer reviewed. Explain how you determined if the articles were peer reviewed. Format your annotated bibliography and summary consistent with APA guidelines. HCS 465 Week 2, Applying the Background and Methodology of the Research Process to Problems in Health Care
Individual Assignment: Applying the Background and Methodology of the Research Process to Problems in Health Care • Resource: Application of the Background and Methodology of the Research Process to Problems in Health Care Grading Criteria. • Choose an article from your annotated bibliography. Obtain faculty approval for your article to ensure that it is a peer-reviewed research article. •
Read the following:
o Background: The background statement answers the following questions: How do you know a real problem, situation, or opportunity will be studied? Does evidence indicate you have chosen an important problem, situation, or opportunity that deserves more attention? What evidence indicates that the problem, situation, or opportunity relates to an organizational management issue or clinical concern? o Methodology: This part of a research study provides an overview of the scope of the study or how large, long, and comprehensive the study was. This is a brief overview explaining the gathering of the qualitative and quantitative data and where the data may be found. Implicit in this overview is the recognition by the researcher that both secondary data—document-based data, organizational material, library books, and journals—and primary data—empirical, qualitative, and quantitative data incorporated by a survey, experiment, and so on in a real-time fashion—was gathered to make the study comprehensive, fully researched, and as rigorous as a project must be within the scientific method of data planning, gathering, and analysis. • o
Respond to the following questions in a 700- to 1,050-word paper: Definition of the problem
• • o o • • o • • •
What is the problem the study was conducted to resolve? Why is the problem important for health care administrators to study? Study purpose: What is the purpose of the study? Research question What is the main research question? If it is not stated, what would you say the research question is? Hypothesis or hypotheses What is the study hypothesis? If it is not stated, what would you say the hypothesis is? It there is more than one study hypothesis, state the hypothesis or hypotheses.
o Study variables: What are the independent and dependent study variables? o Conceptual model or theoretical framework: In what way was a conceptual model or theoretical framework used to guide this study? o Review of related literature: In what ways does the literature review support the need for this study? o Study design • • • • •
What study design is used? How many subjects were studied? Where are the subjects found? What organization was studied? How long did the study take?
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines. HCS 465 Week 3, Applying the Results and Conclusion of the Research Process
Individual Assignment: Applying the Results and Conclusion of the Research Process to Problems in Health Care • Resource: Applying the Results and Conclusion of the Research Process to Problems in Health Care Grading Criteria. • Use the content ofthe Applying the Background and Methodology of the Research Process to Problems in Health Care assignment, which was due in Week Two, as a guide to complete the following assignment. • o
Respond to the following questions in 1,050- to 1,400-word paper: Results: data collection methods
• In what way are the data collection procedures appropriate for this study? • In what way were appropriate steps taken to protect the rights of subjects? • In what way is the data collection tool used to support the reliability and validity of the study? o
Data analysis procedures
• In what ways are the data analysis procedures appropriate for the data collected? • In what ways are the data analysis procedures appropriate for answering the research question or questions, for testing the study hypothesis or hypotheses, or both? • What are the key distinctions between qualitative and quantitative data? o
• Summarize the findings of the study. • Identify the strengths of the scientific merit of this study. What are weaknesses? • Identify the major limitations of the scientific merit of this study? What are its weaknesses? • Explain if the findings support the hypotheses. • Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines. HCS 465 Week 4, Evaluating the Research Process
Individual Assignment: Evaluating the Research Process •
Resource: Evaluating the Research Process Grading Criteria.
Select one of the articles collected in the Week One Annotated Bibliography assignment.
• Write a 1,400- to -1,750-word paper that evaluates the research process within your chosen article. • Explain the research process and what you can assume from the study from the following perspectives: o o o
How is the literature review used in this research? What are ethical considerations for data collection? What is the data telling us in terms of statistical analysis?
• Are the findings statistically significant? • Do the conclusions match the results of the study? • Do the conclusions answer the research questions in the definition of the problem? • Are the conclusions appropriate? • Do you have enough information to make a decision on the effectiveness of the study? If so, is it effective? •
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
HCS 465 Week 5, Trends and Consumerism in Health Care Presentation
Learning Team Assignment: Trends and Consumerism in Health Care Presentation •
Resource: Trends and Consumerism in Health Care Presentation Grading Criteria.
• Select one of the articles from the readings this week on consumerism in health care and obtain faculty approval. • Create a 10- to 15-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation, including detailed speaker notes, based on the techniques of the research process from Weeks Two and Three. •
Include the following elements:
o Background: Summarize the article by explaining how the article applies to customer service or consumerism in health care. What effect has research had on consumers’ perspectives on health care? o Methodology: Provide an overview of the scope of the study in the chosen article by explaining data collection and where to find the data. Describe the process used to determine validity and reliability of research findings to support evidence-based practices. o Result: Differentiate between the qualitative and quantitative aspects of the data described in the article in terms of descriptive statistics, inferential statistics, or both. Do you have enough information to make a decision on the effectiveness of the study? o Conclusions: Explain some ways to integrate the future trends of health care research and consumerism. HCS 465 Week 1 to 5 DQs 1-2 are Included