works with students to empower them to use campus resources that include: • Learning how to help students of concern • Requesting mediation services • Accepting referrals to campus and community resources • Allowing staff to assist with victim support and advocacy When a report is received, staff will review the details using a CARE approach (Communicate, Assess, Refer, Educate) and then determine a response that includes appropriate campus resources. Questions? Please contact Student Advocacy & Accountability to talk to someone about a student concern: firstname.lastname@example.org 225-578-4307 www.lsu.edu/lsucares
TYPES OF CONCERNS
Students, faculty, and staff can report a concern regarding, but not limited to, the following situations: ACADEMIC INTERVENTION
• Attendance • Performance • Time/financial management
• Cheating • Plagiarism
• Alcohol or drugs • Disruptive classroom or campus conduct
BIAS OR DISCRIMINATION
• Gender/identity bias • Hate speech/behavior
is a university initiative dedicated to the well-being of students and promotion of a community that cares about each of its members. The purpose of LSU Cares is to provide an online process for students, faculty, staff, and parents/families to report concerns in an appropriate way.
• Confinement • Forced alcohol consumption • Required physical activity
• Harassment • Stalking • Rape/sexual assault
• Complaints regarding individuals or departments
STUDENTS OF CONCERN
• Death in the family • Erratic behavior • Threats to self or others
Published on Jul 7, 2016
LSU Cares is a university initiative dedicated to the well-being of students and promotion of a community that cares about each of its membe...