10 Fashion Items Every Woman Should Own Tips by: Amelia Freeman
...and where to find them for LESS!
1) A Killer Two-Tone Watch faf Love to wear gold but your wedding ring is silver? This is the perfect solution for you! This wardrobe staple item can be worn literally every single day. It can be mixed with your silver ring and gold necklace and act as a smooth transition between the two. The days of being afraid of mixing metals are long gone, so enjoy this watch for many years to come!
*Pictured Michael Kors Mid-Size Tri-Color Stainless Steel Lexington Chronograph Watch. Available at MichaelKors.com
Get the look for less! Not looking to spend hundreds of dollars on this item? No problem. Test out the look with this Oversized Metallic Boyfriend Watch available at Charlotte Russe for just $15.99.
2) A Solid Blazer Blazers are amazing because they look great on all body types and they can be paired with a variety of different outfits. Add your blazer to your dress pants for a tailored suit look, or with jeans and a tee for casual Friday style or after work drinks. Thereâ€™s a reason these have been around so long & why theyâ€™re not going anywhere! *Pictured Blazer from Banana Republic
Get the look for less! You won’t believe where I found this awesome cotton blazer by Ellen Tracy’s line Company; Sam’s Club for under $20! Tip: A cotton blazer is great for a more casual, everyday look. Available in a variety of fun colors!
3) Colorful Flats
It’s easy to get into a routine of wearing solid colors. If you’re in the “my entire wardrobe is black” rut, then try adding a pair of colorful flats. This will give your style the added oomph it needs while keeping your feet happy! *Pictured flats available at ToryBurch.com
Get the look for less! Get these patterned flats at Nine West (or an official Nine West retailer-Macyâ€™s, DSW) for $59.95.
4) The Classic Trench This item is the definition of timeless and should be in every womanâ€™s closet. Why? Because it looks great on women of all ages and will never go out of style. Wear it with jeans, wear it with dresses, wear it in the rain, wear it for many years to come... *Pictured Trench available at Burberry.com
Get the look for less! Old Navy has created an amazing version of the classic trench for under $50. Available in stores & online NOW!
5) Skinny Jeans Who doesn’t love the perfect pair of jeans? If you’re still feeling a bit intimidated by the skinny jean, now is your time to push fear aside and rock this look! Worries? If they make you feel pear shaped, throw on some heels. If they make you feel un-proportioned, put on your tall boots and a tunic to flatter. Whether you wear these everyday or only with the perfect pump, this is an item that can’t be missing from your closet any longer!
*Pictured Ash Vince Skinny available at Lyst.com
Get the look for less! I am absolutely in love with INC jeans from Macyâ€™s. They are affordable ($69.50), comfortable and STRETCHABLE. Take it from me, this jean will make you feel good and they run big, so you may even go down a size (or two)!!
6) Rider Boots Color Recommendation: Cogniac (as pictured) They will go with anythingblack grey brown bold colors
Now, what goes perfectly with your skinny jeans? Rider Boots! This item will be your go-to shoe from October through March. I can almost guarantee it. They are the fashionable, comfortable sister to the pump and they will look more polished than your Ugg boot. Perfect for work or date night and even perfect for outdoor activities with the family. *Pictured Steven Dann Riding boots at singer22.com
Get the look for less!
Get this Nine West Vintage American Collection â€œSookieâ€? boot at Bergners for $159.99.
7) A Mid-weight Scarf A mid-weight scarf is the perfect layering piece for your existing wardrobe. I like the mid-weight scarf especially well because it is heavy enough to add warmth but not too heavy for discomfort in the early fall, late spring. If you love the idea of scarves but have trouble styling them, try an infinity scarf (pictured below: R) and simply loop it twice. *Pictured scarves available at Dillards.
Get the look for less!
JC Penneys Stabble & Saddle Scarf $10
Maurices Contrast Stripe Infinity Scarf $14
8) Nude Pumps If Carrie Bradshaw taught us anything, it was the power of a good shoe. Fortunately for us, they donâ€™t have to be Jimmy Chooâ€™s, in fact any patent leather nude pump will do! *Pictured Jimmy Choo Aurora Patent Leather Pump available at Saks Fifth Avenue.
Get the look for less! You wonâ€™t believe what a steal these Nude pumps are available at Payless for only $17.99.
9) Textured Tights I doubt number 9 needs a lot of explaining but for those of you who donâ€™t own a pair of textured tights, itâ€™s time. If you wear skirts or dresses in the fall and winter months to work, holiday parties, church and fancy dinners then these tights are just what your classic black dress or stale pencil skirt needs. *Pictured Wolford Twiggy Tights
Get the look for (much) less!
Merona various tights available at Target for only $10.
10) An Everyday Tote And last but not least, every woman should own an everyday tote. A tote for errands, a tote for work, a tote for day and a tote for night. *Pictured MICHAEL Michael Kors Jet Set Saffiano Top Zip Tote available at Macys.
Get the look for less!
Are you a Maxxinisita? Kenneth Cole Reaction Park Lane Large Tote available at T. J. Maxx for only $34.99.
Recap of the 10 Fashion Items 1. Killer Two-Tone Watch 2. Solid Blazer 3. Colorful Flats 4. Classic Trench 5. Skinny Jeans
6. Rider Boots 7. Mid-weight Scarf 8. Nude Pumps 9. Textured Tights 10. Everyday Tote
http://www.charlotterusse.com/thumbnail/Jewelry-Watches/Watches/pc/3045/2603.uts http://www.michaelkors.com/p/Michael-Kors-Michael-Kors-Mid-Size-Tri-Color-Stainless-Steel-Lexington-Chronograph-Watch-VIEW-ALLWATCHES/prod18890011_cat7502_cat35701_/?index=28&cmCat=cat000000cat145cat35701cat7502&isEditorial=false shopstyle.com http://style-spy.blogspot.com/2009/10/its-never-too-early.html http://www.dsw.com/shoe-brands/collection/women/nine+west/dsw11brand2800016/page-1/ http://www.thisnext.com/item/17A738E1/Tory-Burch-Reva-Leopard http://www.pomegranita.com/2007/01/tory-burch-prima-reva-ballerina-flat/ http://www.glamour.com/fashion/2009/04/24-spring-essentials-for-under-100#slide=1 http://us.burberry.com/store/womenswear/trench-coats/ http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/inc-international-concepts-jeans-skinny-stretch-faye-wash? ID=908288&CategoryID=3111&LinkType=#fn=BRAND%3DINC%20International%20Concepts%26DENIM_TYPE_OF_LEG%3DSkinny% 26sp%3D1%26spc%3D28%26ruleId%3D60%26slotId%3D13 lyst.com http://www.polyvore.com/steven_dann_riding_boot_in/thing?id=11740017 http://www.bergners.com/shop/shoes/women-s-boots/nine-west-vintage-america-collection-sookie-knee-high-boots_673150.html? attrValId=Dark*Natural http://www.shopstyle.com/browse?fts=infinity+loop+scarf
dillards.com http://www.maurices.com/product/index.jsp?expcsl=1082359%7C%7C&productId=20255246 http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/sale/handbags-accessories/stable-saddle-scarf/prod.jump? ppId=pp5002460793&catId=cat100250012&subcatId=dept20000019&deptId=dept20000013&N=4294964912&topDim=Item+Type&top Dimvalue=neck+scarves&dimCombo=Item+Type%7C&dimComboVal=neck+scarves% 7C¤tDim=Item+Type¤tDimVal=neck+scarves&colorizedImg=DP0218201317010680M.tif http://www.payless.com/store/product/detail.jsp? catId=cat10088&subCatId=cat10270&skuId=133032095&productId=72389&lotId=133032&category=&catdisplayName=Womens http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C% 3Eprd_id=845524446580719&R=448864424929&P_name=Jimmy+Choo&sid=1415E0681841&Ntt=nude+pump&N=0&bmUID=k5ufZ6 f http://www.omiru.com/index.php/2009/02/02/you-said-yes-to-textured-tights/ http://tjmaxx.tjx.com/store/jump/product/handbags/departments/totes/Park-Lane-Large-Tote/1000000455?colorId=NS1003537 http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/michael-michael-kors-handbag-jet-set-travel-east-west-tote? ID=837862&CategoryID=27726&LinkType=&swatchColor=Black#fn=COLOR%3DWhite%26sp%3D1%26spc%3D21 http://www.polyvore.com/kenneth_cole_reaction_park_lane/thing?id=78280980