FIRST CLASS SUPPORT
Whether you are joining LJMU as a new student or have studied here as an undergraduate, you will have access to a wealth of support services. You’ll find details of the main services here but, if you are not quite sure what support you need, either email firstname.lastname@example.org or call in and see us on campus.
• Accommodation As well as the services of our central accommodation team who deal with queries and arrangements pre-arrival, Student Advice and Wellbeing can help you with any issues you may have with University accommodation once you settle in, contact email@example.com. You can also contact our private sector housing adviser based at Liverpool Student Housing, email: firstname.lastname@example.org • Counselling and Mental Wellbeing Talking therapy appointments are available Monday to Friday throughout the year and there is also a daily drop in session, contact: email@example.com • Disability Support If you have a disability and require extra support during your studies, please inform Student Advice and Wellbeing as soon as possible, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Finance Whether you need information on scholarships, loans or bursaries or some help budgeting, our Finance Advisers have the answers you need, email: email@example.com
LJMU’s dedicated international team is here to support overseas students from the moment you decide to study with us.
• International Student Support For one-to-one and group sessions on topics such as visa applications or cultural issues contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
As well as letting you know all about LJMU before you come to Liverpool, the team provides a ‘meet and greet’ service when you arrive in the UK and will help with issues such as setting up a UK bank account and an email address, registering with the police and setting your immigration status to ‘student’.
• Student Engagement Team This new team is available to help with any issues affecting your studies, whether you have problems relating to your mental wellbeing, practical issues or simply want someone to talk to about the stresses of university life. You can contact them at: email@example.com
To find out more about what the international team can do for you, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Study Support If you need to develop additional skills to complement your studies, our study support team can help with topics such as academic writing, referencing, maths support and English for academic purposes; for more information email: email@example.com or see our Academic Support section opposite.