HOW WE CAN HELP
Whether you are joining LJMU as a new student or have studied here as an undergraduate, you will have access to a wealth of support services. You’ll find details of the main services below but, if you are not quite sure what support you need, either email firstname.lastname@example.org or call in and see us at the Aquinas Building on Mount Pleasant.
LJMU’s dedicated international team is there to support overseas students from the moment you decide to study with us. As well as letting you know all about LJMU before you come to Liverpool, the team provides a ‘meet and greet’ service when you arrive in the UK and will help with issues such as setting up a UK bank account and an email address, registering with the police and setting your immigration status to ‘student’.
• Accommodation As well as the services of our central accommodation team who deal with queries and arrangements pre-arrival, Student Advice and Wellbeing can help you with any issues you may have with University accommodation once you settle in, contact email@example.com. You can also contact our private sector housing adviser based at Liverpool Student Housing, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about what the international team can do for you, email: email@example.com
• Counselling and Mental Wellbeing Talking therapy appointments are available Monday to Friday throughout the year and there is also a daily drop in session, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
When you begin your studies at LJMU you may find you need help with certain academic topics. Our study skills classes provide valuable support for students at all levels.
• Disability Support If you have a disability and require extra support during your studies, please inform Student Advice and Wellbeing as soon as possible, email: email@example.com
We offer a wide range of generic training sessions as well as specific support for international and postgraduate students. Details of sessions are sent out weekly via email. Bespoke sessions are also available subject to demand.
• Finance Whether you need information on scholarships, loans or bursaries or some help budgeting, our Finance Advisers have the answers you need, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
LIBRARY SUPPORT LJMU has three libraries: the Aldham Robarts library at the Mount Pleasant Campus, the Avril Robarts library in the City Centre and the IM Marsh library. A hub for all front-line student services, our libraries are the place to: register and enrol, hand in your coursework, pay fees and get guidance on anything related to the student experience.
• International Student Support For one-to-one and group sessions on topics such as visa applications or cultural issues contact: email@example.com • Study Support If you need to develop additional skills to complement your studies, our study support team can help with topics such as academic writing, referencing, maths support and English for academic purposes. For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org or see our Academic Support section.
LIVERPOOL STUDENTS UNION Liverpool SU represents all LJMU students. Run by elected student officers, LSU prides itself on being an entirely student-led organisation, working solely to improve your University experience. To find out more, visit www.liverpoolsu.com
Preparing for postgraduate study at LJMU