Shake it up Ingredients per cocktail:
• 12 green grapes • Small handful of fresh basil • 1 egg cup of gin • 1&1/2 egg cups of good white wine • 3/4 egg cup of elderflower cordial • Juice of 1/2 a lemon • Soda water or Prosecco
1. Put 6 grapes in your freezer a few hours beforehand.
There’s nothing more refreshing than a chilled cocktail, and we asked Andy Ferreira of Raise the Bar to devise this delicious drink. Wonderfully simple, it requires no special equipment – just grab a couple of glasses, a wooden spoon and an egg cup!
2. Put a wine glass in the freezer to chill. 3. Put the other 6 grapes and the basil into a wine glass and mash them together with the handle of the wooden spoon. 4. Fill the glass to the top with ice.
BAR & GRILL
Check out our new website at
www.bullmccabes.ie Airport Rd, Cork. For bookings call Derek
7. Remove wine glass from the freezer and pour contents of the pint glass into it through a sieve or tea strainer to catch the ice and various bits. 8. Taste and tweak with more cordial or lemon juice if needed. 9. Add 1 egg cup of something bubbly, rub a basil leaf over the top of the glass, plop in your frozen grapes to keep it chilled, and enjoy! Raise the Bar is Cork’s premier cocktail catering company, bringing a boutique drinking experience to your event with custom drinks menus, popup bars and skilled bartenders, and shaking up your corporate events with cocktail competitions. Their Barrack St. bar, Pigalle, has the city’s most extensive cocktail menu. See raisethebar.ie for more.
5. Add the gin, white wine, elderflower cordial & lemon juice.
* 5pm to 9pm, Monday to Saturday
6. Stir with the wooden spoon handle until the glass fills with condensation.
& side LIVE SPORTS ON ALL 3 SCREENS!
Published on Aug 19, 2015