Apple Tart Topped with Salted Caramel Ice-Cream
ARTICLE EXECUTIVE CHEF ERIC CARTER PHOTOGRAPHY JANIE JONES
• 12-inch pie crusts
1. Heat oven to 400º F.
• 1⁄2 cup sugar
2. Mix 1/2 cup sugar and the flour in large bowl. Stir in apples. The sugar-flour mixture
• 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour • 4 cups chopped peeled apples • 2 tablespoons sugar
will not all stick to the apples; that’s OK. 3. Spread the apple mixture uniformly from the center of the dough circle to within 2 inches of edge. Fold edge of dough over apple mixture; crimp edge of dough slightly.
• 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4. Mix 2 tablespoons sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples and dough.
• 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
5. Cut 1 tablespoon butter into 5 or 6 small pieces; spread on top of the apples.
• 1 tablespoon butter
6. Bake 27 to 32 minutes or until crust is golden brown. 7. Cut into wedges. Serve warm drizzled with caramel topping.
Northland Lifestyle | November 2017
November 2017 Issue of Northland Lifestyle