Strategies to be an Indispensable Employee
Strategies to be an Indispensable Employee Introduction
â€˘ Good employees are seen as valuable assets and essential to their company and business. â€˘ An essential employee will have greater success achieving their career development aspirations; earning higher compensation, gaining new knowledge, skills and experience from exposure to new opportunities, increased status and being promoted into more rewarding roles.
Strategies to be an Indispensable Employee Question
• But what can we be an indispensable employee at work? • How can we become a valuable asset for our company and business? • Where can we have the most impact? • What key relationships should we develop and with Who?
Strategies to be an Indispensable Employee Strategy 01 – Building a positive brand image
• Enhance your professional & personal brand image by improving your networking: – Allow yourself to connect with people higher up in your company without any concerns. – Speak to peer in other departments to help you to develop a wider knowledge of the organization.
Strategies to be an Indispensable Employee Strategy 02 – Make your manager successful
• The most important employee at work is your manager and your success is almost 100% tied to him. • This is why you need to make him incredibly successful if you want to move up and succeed.
Strategies to be an Indispensable Employee Strategy 03 – Become an expert in your field
• The best way to get visibility at work is to become “THE” expert in your field and your value will skyrocket. • If your expertise is required for your company to be successful, you will become indispensable at work.
Strategies to be an Indispensable Employee Strategy 04 – Stay current
• Learn how to use new and cutting-edge technologies into your workplace. • Once you learn these things, regularly introduce them into your work so that your new skills will be noticed.
Strategies to be an Indispensable Employee Strategy 05 – Make sure you know your job
• Make sure you know your job inside and out. • Skilled professionals make their tasks look easy because they have in-depth knowledge of their work.
Strategies to be an Indispensable Employee Strategy 06 – Prove that you are reliable
• A person who doesn’t show up for work is a burden to any employer and coworkers who have to do extra work in that person’s absence. • Remember that when your boss recommends someone for a promotion, he becomes liable for that recommendation.
Strategies to be an Indispensable Employee Strategy 07 – Safeguard your reputation
• Always protect your name. • The key to safeguard your reputation is listening to criticism and selfcorrecting. • Unfortunately, It takes years to build a name, reputation, and networks – and takes minutes to lose it all.
Strategies to be an Indispensable Employee Strategy 08 – Improve your communication skills
• Concentrate on improving your communication skills inside your company. • Put yourself in the listener’s shoes and be aware of how they might react before speaking or sharing an information.
Strategies to be an Indispensable Employee Our References
We would like to thank the following writers for their expressive contribution for this presentation: – Anitra Reaves, Organizational Communication Strategist, Multicultural Development, Strategic Advisor http://www.diamondseshatconsult.com/mcod.php – Meghan Casserly, http://www.forbes.com/sites/meghancasserly/2012/12/19/ seven-ways-to-be-indispensable-at-work-in-2013/ – Frances Burks, http://www.ehow.com/how_4531882_make-yourselfindispensable-work.html – Nikki Hutchison http://littlepinkbook.com/resources/mycareer/management/becoming-indispensable-at-work
Strategies to be an Indispensable Employee Our Business Contacts
Feel free to send us an e-mail. Our Website: www.licoreis.com Our E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
LinkedIn: Roberto de Paula Lico JĂşnior Skype: roberto.lico Twitter: @licoreis
Published on Mar 27, 2013