Best Business Leader and Worst Parent Ever! Strategies to better deal with our Family
Best Leaders and Worst Parents Introduction
â€˘ We are used to measuring our success based on our professional performance and by how much money we make each year. â€˘ And the more money we make the more successful we feel.
Best Leaders and Worst Parents Important Question
â€˘ Now if we look very closely is that always the case? â€˘ What if our Professional Life has been shining but our Family Life is a failure, full of disagreements and harsh words?
Best Leaders and Worst Parents Problem 01 – Family Misunderstandings
• There are many family misunderstandings and arguments when they don´t understand each other well. • A lot of families now don't get to know each other too well because they're too busy.
Best Leaders and Worst Parents Solution 01 â€“ Understanding your Family.
â€˘ Be with your family whenever you can and get to know them better. â€˘ Plan some family time, like, a movie, or a family game, or even as little as eating dinner together.
Best Leaders and Worst Parents Problem 02 – Lack of Respect
• My family is always angry or showing no respect when I share my opinions and suggestions. • And I always get stressed when they try to express their point-ofviews about a specific subject that I disagree.
Best Leaders and Worst Parents Solution 02 – Learning to Respect • We only get respect when we show respect. • Avoid being angry or upset when facing a situation or a different opinion. • Remember that it is our own positive or negative behavior that will set our family parameters and the main grounds for a nice relationship.
Best Leaders and Worst Parents Problem 03 â€“ Poor Listening Skills
â€˘ My family doesn't listen to my advice or just ignore my concerns. â€˘ And because of that I have to get really tough and rude when telling them anything from life responsibilities to house chores.
Best Leaders and Worst Parents Solution 03 – Learning to Listen • We need to learn how to listen our family. • During the listening process we can figure out the best approach and solution to help them. • Listening is a powerful tool that teaches everybody to think, to respect and to love each other.
Best Leaders and Worst Parents Problem 04 – Lonely Family Meetings • Our children don’t want to participate in our weekend lunch or even our dinner. • They prefer to watch cable TV and play with the Internet. • I always have to turn off the whole equipment to call their attention. • It really annoys me.
Best Leaders and Worst Parents Solution 04 – Explain the Importance of the Situation • How many times did you let your family down because of your profession? • Maybe it is time to calm down and to reach each one individually to explain them the importance of having a family lunch or dinner.
Best Leaders and Worst Parents Problem 05 – My House is a Battlefield
• It is quite difficult to have a nice family conversation since everyone is screaming and complaining about everything. • When my family is together our house is a battlefield. • I am really sad.
Best Leaders and Worst Parents Solution 05 – Making Peace not War! • We should never scream or fight against our family members since it can damage and tear any relationship apart and we will regret it. • And we should never waste energy with a negative approach. • Let´s treasure the time we have with them because we can't get it back.
Best Leaders and Worst Parents Problem 06 – Lazy Family
• My family is aware of their responsibilities but they insist in not helping me. • And I need to get rough when asking them to clean dishes or just to organize their rooms.
Best Leaders and Worst Parents Solution 07 – Learning to Help
• Developing activities together is a fantastic way to teach our family about rights and obligations. • Doing little things such as holding the door for them, or helping someone with homework is a way to say I love you and I really care.
Best Leaders and Worst Parents Important – Our Family Approach Today • There seems to be a growing tendency to shift family responsibilities to outside influences, such as the school and society. • Important as these outward influences are, they never can take the place of the influence of the mother and the father.
Best Leaders and Worst Parents Conclusion • Our Family is an important part of our life and we need to have a strong commitment to keep them well. • Someone asked if professional success can compensate for failure in the home. And the answer to that would be "no“!
Best Leaders and Worst Parents Our Business Contact Feel free to send us an e-mail. Our Website: www.licoreis.com Our E-mails: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org Linkedin: Roberto de Paula Lico JĂşnior Twitter: @licoreis
Published on Oct 4, 2012