WELCOME Thank you for choosing Liberty Travel. We are pleased to provide you with this brochure about one of our favorite travel destinations. In the following pages you will find a variety of information about places to stay, things to do, and sights to visit, as well as a look at how our travel consultants use their knowledge and expertise to create unique experiences to fit every kind of traveler, so you can make memories that last a lifetime. When youâ€™re ready to book your trip, or if you have any questions, call us at 1.877.Liberty or contact your Liberty Travel consultant directly. You can also visit us on the web at LibertyTravel.com. We look forward to seeing you soon. Your Liberty Travel Consultants
WHY BOOK WITH US? OUR PEOPLE • We have a passion for travel and the knowledge to provide expert recommendations • We match the right traveler with the right travel consultant • We have gurus both here and in destinations around the world to provide a complete experience to our customers • We have over 125 convenient store locations across the U.S.
OUR VACATIONS • We create enhanced and unique travel experiences only available at Liberty Travel • We have gathered personal recommendations from our 800+ travel consultants to fit every customer’s interest • We understand the planning and travel process and we are by our customer’s side 24/7
DID YOU KNOW? 24/7
SALES, SUPPORT & EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE
YOU’RE NEVER ALONE WITH LIBERTY TRAVEL
EXCLUSIVE AARP MEMBER BENEFITS
Whether you’re planning a destination wedding in Hawaii, a family reunion in the Caribbean, or a birthday celebration in Mexico, Liberty Travel’s Group Consultants will help you plan the trip of a lifetime. Your entire group will receive personalized support and service, the best value, and a worry-free experience. Our Group Travel consultants can help you choose a destination and arrange tailored packages for you and your guests. They’ll organize and plan every detail, and assist you in the promotion of your group at no additional cost.
Has your flight been cancelled due to inclement weather? Do you need to make last-minute changes to your booking? Have you just dreamed of your perfect vacation and want to book it at 3:00 a.m.? Have you missed your flight in the late-night hours? Do you need to return home sooner than expected? Regardless of where you are or when you need help, we are always just a phone call away. For emergency assistance within the United States, the toll-free number is 888.634.7702; from outside the United States, call +1.201.661.9587. Note: please use your travel consultant during regular business hours
As an AARP member, your next vacation just got better! AARP members save up to $100 per couple on select Liberty Travel vacations.*
Contact a Group Consultant:
Over the past 65 years, Liberty Travel has provided travelers with amazing travel experiences. Every trip includes a travel consultant who has the destination expertise and personal knowledge to organize and plan every detail of your vacation. Contact one of our 800+ travel consultants nationwide. Call Liberty Travel at:
*AARP member benefits are provided by third parties, not by AARP or its affiliates. Providers pay a royalty fee to AARP for the use of its intellectual property. These fees are used for the general purposes of AARP. AARP does not employ or endorse travel agents. Some provider offers are subject to change and may have restrictions. Please contact the provider directly for details.
LIBERTY TRAVEL’S EXCLUSIVE ESCAPES, JOURNEYS, EUROBREAKS, USABREAKS, AND CANADABREAKS OFFER MORE.
I N SI D E R EXPERIENCES
Escapes are personalized beach getaways to the world’s most desirable vacation destinations that include special sightseeing options to create a complete and amazing travel experience, exclusive to Liberty Travel.
Journeys are amazing travel experiences to the world’s most iconic destinations with a personal Travel Butler assisting you with all your travel needs pre-departure. Dedicated to giving you a unique and memorable Journeys vacation, your Travel Butler will ensure every detail is taken care of, from booking unique sightseeing excursions to making reservations with top sommeliers.
EURObreaks, USAbreaks, and CANADAbreaks are amazing short getaways to iconic cities with thrilling sightseeing excursions. Plus, your vacation experience will be enhanced by a knowledgeable City Insider, a local guide who will maximize your time by providing hidden facts and resident sweet spots – and welcome you to the destination as a new friend.
WITH EACH OF THESE EXCLUSIVE VACATIONS, YOU WILL RECEIVE: PERSONALIZED KEEPSAKE BOOKLET & DOCUMENT HOLDER Prior to your departure, you’ll receive a booklet customized with your full itinerary, additional destination information, and Insider Benefit coupons for hundreds of dollars in savings towards everything from ground transportation, parking, and travel gadgets. 24/7 EMERGENCY TRAVEL CENTER PRIORITY ACCESS Need immediate assistance while traveling? No problem, call our 24/7 emergency line. Your Escapes, EURObreaks, USAbreaks, CANADAbreaks, or a Journeys package grants you Priority Access, so we can assist you in no time.
INSIDER BENEFITS COUPONS Liberty Travel has put together these exclusive discounts for you. Use them before, during, or after your vacation. FUTURE TRAVEL CREDIT When you book an Escape, EURObreak, USAbreak, CANADAbreak, or a Journey, you’ll receive a $150 credit to put towards your next trip. IBERTY TRAVEL PERSONAL CONCIERGE L A convenient smart phone app connects you with a team of professional concierges who can assist you with anything, anytime, from anywhere. 5
KEY HOTEL FEATURES
British Columbia.......................................................... 8
Alberta & Manitoba.................................................. 14
Hand-selected as the premiere accommodations in their destination,
Ontario....................................................................... 20 Québec....................................................................... 24
these are the places we stay when we take a vacation. Our “Preferred Partners” share several essential qualities that make them stand out from the competition, including:
Atlantic Canada......................................................... 28
• Dedication – Like us, these featured brands go all out to
General Conditions................................................... 31
give you the best possible vacation. • Value – At any price level, these brands give you the most
ABOUT OUR STAR RATINGS
• Reputation – Travelers, travel writers, and critics agree:
22222 Exceptional properties offering the finest accommodations and amenities with an outstanding variety of premium facilities and services.
These properties are the best of the best.
2222 Excellent properties offering well appointed accommodations and amenities with a superior variety of excellent facilities and services.
improve the experience they provide for travelers.
222 Comfortable and appealing properties offering dependable accommodations and amenities with a variety of facilities and services. 22 Moderately priced properties offering basic accommodations, amenities, facilities, and services. 2 Economically priced properties offering modest accommodations and limited amenities, facilities, and services. 1/2 star indicates that the property meets all criteria of the assigned rating and exceeds in certain areas.
for your money.
• Innovation – These featured brands constantly strive to
Lake Louise, Banff National Park, Alberta
THE REMARKABLE “NORTH” OF NORTH AMERICA The largest country in North America, Canada is a vast nation of breathtaking landscapes and rich natural beauty, dotted with bustling, world-class multicultural cities. With all this to offer, Canada vacations give you the chance to enjoy this bounty in countless different ways. Ski trips, ice fishing excursions, the whirlwind of big city culture… Canada has options for every traveler to enjoy! Canada’s modern cities offer the best of urban life: a diverse range of events and attractions, a full spectrum of entertainment and nightlife, an array of dining and recreational options, and pro sports galore. When you step outside city limits, you’re greeted by such awesome wonders as Niagara Falls, the Rocky Mountains, the Bay of Fundy, the Northern Lights, the Great Lakes, and the endless prairies of the central provinces.
Labrador Sea BRITISH COLUMBIA ALBERTA
NEWFOUNDLAND & LABRADOR
Edmonton Jasper SASKATCHEWAN Banff/Lake Louise MANITOBA Calgary Saskatoon Regina
St. John’s QUÉBEC ONTARIO
Charlevoix Québec Tremblant Montréal Ottawa io
Thunder Bay UNITED STATES
Toronto Niagara Falls ke
P.E.I. Sydney NEW BRUNSWICK Halifax Fredericton NOVA SCOTIA Ski Resort Area Atlantic Ocean
VIBRANT URBAN LIFE & THE ESSENCE OF NATURE
Vancouverites have long known why their beautiful city is regularly invoked as being among the world’s most livable urban areas. Simply put, few cities are as clean, friendly, multicultural, modern, active, eminently walkable, safe, and exciting. It’s Canada’s version of West Coast Cool. As the gracious host of the 2010 Winter Olympics, Vancouver is no stranger to hospitality. Nestled between the Coast Mountains and the Pacific Ocean, this zestful city is destined to be experienced.
BC’s blend of world-class cities and Olympic-class attractions can hardly be topped, and there’s no lack of sightseeing opportunities to explore it all.
WHISTLER Some things are beyond our control, like falling in love with the Whistler Mountain and its mile-long list of diversions, such as indulging in outdoor sports on over 8,000 acres of skiable terrain from November through July. Home to the 2010 Winter Olympics, this awesome mountain resort town has earned its bragging rights for a lifetime with: • 8,000 acres of North America’s largest ski terrain, with 38 lifts carrying skiers to 12 bowls. • 17 mountain restaurants, over 200 trails, and North America’s highest vertical drop.
• Vancouver is a foodie paradise, and there are several gourmet tours that introduce you to the famous Granville Island Public Market as well as several of the city’s most acclaimed restaurants, with tastings included. • Flexible hop-on/hop-off bus tours introduce you to the sights and sounds of Vancouver, including English Bay, Stanley Park, Granville Island, Yaletown, Gastown, Chinatown, Robson Street, and the Entertainment District. • Take the Grouse Mountain Skyride to the top of the famous mountain overlooking Vancouver. And don’t miss the breathtaking Capilano Suspension Bridge, suspended 230 feet above and 450 feet across Capilano River and connecting to Treetops Adventure, a series of suspended walkways above the forest. • Soar over the glacial streams and rugged terrain of the picturesque forest valley between Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains with Ziptrek Ecotours, who pioneered the zip-line adventure concept in North America.
VICTORIA Victoria – known as the “City of Gardens” for its green parks and flowery show gardens – is also a gold mine of venerable architecture. The semblance of British ancestry lives on in its enchanting Butchart Gardens, chivalrous horse-drawn carriages, double-decker buses, and historic Inner Harbor. Climb 87 stairs of the charming Craigdarroch Castle for spectacular views of Victoria.
BRITISH COLUMBIA EXPERIENCES • In Vancouver, explore Stanley Park’s natural urban oasis and marvel at the iconic First Nations totem poles. • Ski the same breathtaking slopes as the Olympic champions at Whistler-Blackcomb Ski Resort. • Have brunch in downtown Vancouver, then ski the slopes of Grouse Mountain, just 15 minutes away! • Hop onto a boat at Victoria’s Fisherman’s Wharf for an afternoon of whale-watching. • Lose yourself in the colorful fragrant cornucopia of annuals, perennials, and unique shrubs of Victoria’s Butchart Gardens. • Fruits, veggies, chocolates, baked goods – you’ll find lots of goodness at Vancouver’s Granville Island Public Market! • Fire up a snowmobile and traverse the groomed trails, frozen lakes, and remote wilderness areas of Whistler. • Dance the night away in Vancouver’s Yaletown, Downtown, or Granville Island. • Savor a taste of history in Gastown, accessorized by modern fashion, trendy restaurants, and remarkable architecture.
Butchart Gardens, Victoria
APPROXIMATE FLIGHT TIMES New York/Newark Philadelphia Boston Miami Los Angeles
6 Hours 7 Hours 7½ Hours 8 Hours 3 Hours
BRITISH COLUMBIA: HOTELS Fairmont Waterfront Vancouver
Fairmont Hotel Vancouver 22222
• Contemporary luxury hotel in central harbor location • Condé Nast Traveler “Readers Choice Award 2015” & Travel+Leisure 2015 “T+L 500” • 489 AC rooms & suites • Fairmont Gold exclusive concierge level • Restaurant, bar • Concierge, 24-hr room service • Outdoor heated pool • Fitness center, whirlpool, steam rooms
• Historic landmark hotel in downtown Vancouver • 557 AC rooms & suites • Restaurant, bar, lounge • Fairmont Gold • Concierge, room service • Indoor pool, kids pool, Jacuzzi • Absolute Spa, fitness center, whirlpool, sauna • Pet-friendly
Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver 2222 Downtown Suites Vancouver
Rosedale on Robson Suite Hotel
• Sophisticated all-suite downtown hotel, close to attractions in the Gastown neighborhood • 225 AC suites • Restaurant & lounge • Concierge, room service • 24-Hr fitness center • Pet-friendly • Complimentary Wi-Fi
• All-suite hotel on fashionable Robson Street near Yaletown • 225 AC suites • Restaurant, bar • Room service • Indoor pool, Jacuzzi • Fitness center, ski storage, sauna, steam room • Garden & patio, pet-friendly • Complimentary Wi-Fi
BRITISH COLUMBIA: HOTELS Fairmont Empress Hotel Victoria
Fairmont Château Whistler 22221/2
• Alpine-style resort with ski-in/ski-out access • Travel+Leisure 2015 “T+L 500” • 522 AC rooms & suites • Fairmont Gold • 5 Restaurants, lounge, poolside bar • Concierge, room service • Outdoor pool, lap pool • Vida Spa, fitness center, sauna • Golf course, tennis • Live entertainment
• Iconic luxury hotel on Victoria’s sparkling Inner Harbour • AAA Four-Diamond Award • 464 rooms & suites • Fairmont Gold • Restaurant, bar, lounge, afternoon tea • Concierge, 24-hr room service • Indoor heated pool, kids pool • Willow Stream Spa, fitness center, sauna • Gift shops
Chateau Victoria Hotel & Suites Victoria
Delta Hotels by Marriott Whistler 2222 Village Suites Whistler
• Modern downtown hotel close to Vancouver’s attractions • 176 AC rooms & suites • Restaurant, bar, wine bar • Concierge, room service • Indoor pool, whirlpool • Fitness center, spa services • Complimentary local shuttle • Complimentary Wi-Fi
• Newly-renovated, all-suite hotel in the heart of Whistler Village & steps from ski lifts • 205 AC suites • 2 Restaurants, bar, concierge, in-room dining (breakfast) • Outdoor pool with indoor access, 3 hot tubs (2 outdoor/1 indoor) • Free Wi-Fi, fitness center
BRITISH COLUMBIA: HOTELS Fairmont Pacific Rim Vancouver
Pinnacle Vancouver Harbourfront 22222
• Luxury hotel in prime waterfront location • Voted “World’s Best Business Hotel by Condé Nast Traveler readers & “#1 City Hotel in Canada” by Travel+Leisure • 367 AC rooms & suites • 3 Restaurants, lounge • Fairmont Gold • Concierge, 24-hr room service • Outdoor rooftop pool • Willow Stream Spa • Unique locally sourced gift boutique
• Modern high-rise hotel in downtown Vancouver • 442 AC rooms & suites • Restaurant, bar • Concierge, room service • Indoor pool, whirlpool • 24-Hr fitness center • Live entertainment • Complimentary Wi-Fi
Fairmont Vancouver Airport
Comfort Inn Downtown Vancouver
• Luxury hotel & spa conveniently located within Vancouver International Airport • AAA Four-Diamond Award • Named North America’s Top Airport Hotel for 3 consecutive years • 386 AC soundproof rooms • Restaurant, lounge, 24-hr room service • Fairmont Gold, day use rooms • Absolute Spa, fitness center, whirlpool, lap pool, saunas
• Boutique-style hotel in heart of Vancouver’s entertainment district • 82 AC rooms • 2 Restaurants, 2 bars • Concierge • Discount passes to Steve Nash Sports Club Fitness Center • VIP access to The Roxy & Doolin’s Irish Pub • Complimentary Wi-Fi
Pacific Gateway Hotel Vancouver 2222 Airport Vancouver
Four Seasons Resort & Residences, 22222 Whistler Whistler
• Member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts Lifestyle Collection • 382 AC rooms & suites • Club Rooms • Restaurant, bar, coffee bar • Outdoor pool (seasonal), sundeck • 24-Hr fitness center • Complimentary Wi-Fi
• Rustic, elegant alpine-style resort at base of Whistler Mountain • AAA Five-Diamond Award • Travel+Leisure 2015 “T+L 500” • 273 AC rooms, suites & residences • Restaurant, bar, daily wine tasting • 24-Hr room service • Outdoor heated free-form pool, 3 whirlpools, heated sundeck • Spa, 24-hr fitness center, steam room, yoga, ski concierge • Complimentary Wi-Fi
Pan Pacific Vancouver
The Westin Resort & Spa Whistler
Vancouver • Luxury hotel atop Vancouver’s Cruise Ship Terminal • Travel+Leisure 2015 “T+L 500” • 503 AC rooms & suites • 2 Restaurants, bar • Concierge, room service • Outdoor saltwater pool & hot tub • Spa Utopia Health & Wellness Center, fitness center
Whistler • Opulent resort in Whistler Village • 419 AC suites • 2 Restaurants, bar • Concierge, 24-hr room service • Indoor-outdoor pool & whirlpools • Avello Spa & Health Club, WestinWORKOUT® Gym, sauna, steam room • Childcare program • Complimentary ski valet • Complimentary premium Wi-Fi in guest rooms
Alberta & Manitoba
THE HEART OF WILDERNESS CANADA
Moraine Lake, Banff National Park
BANFF & LAKE LOUISE
Banff and Lake Louise are the very picture of back-country charm. Step into a world of abundant wildlife, unspoiled terrain, world-class accommodations, and year-round recreation – including unparalleled skiing – in Banff National Park, also home to more than 1,000 glaciers.
JASPER Follow the Icefields Parkway – lined by glaciers, waterfalls, and limestone gorges – north to nearby Jasper, part of the Canadian Rocky Mountain Parks UNESCO World Heritage Site. You’ll spot mountain sheep, grizzly bears, wolves, elk, caribou, mountain goats, and many other indigenous creatures.
CALGARY & EDMONTON The glittering skyscrapers of Calgary tower above a city full of throbbing energy and Western charm. Host of the 1988 Winter Olympics, it’s also packed with theater, art, dance, music, and more than 6,000 restaurants. Edmonton thrives on indoor and outdoor fun, from North America’s largest shopping mall to an amazing park system.
Join a tour that explores the town of Banff and its unspoiled surroundings, including Hoodoos Lookout (eroded rock towers), Surprise Corner, Lake Minnewanka, beautiful Bow Falls, and the abandoned mining town of Bankhead.
• Heft a $600,000 gold bar, drool over Olympic Gold Medals, and watch coins being produced for over 70 different countries (including Canada’s own “loonies” and “toonies”) at the Royal Canadian Mint. • Embark on a dogsledding adventure, outside of Jasper in Valemount, British Columbia. Following a brief lesson, drive your own team of 6 to 8 dogs, or snuggle up in a blanket as a passenger on the sled. • Explore Calgary’s thriving craft beer scene with visits to several of the city’s most acclaimed local breweries. • Forget “The Da Vinci Code” – the Manitoba Legislative Building is packed with enough hieroglyphics, freemasonic symbols, numeric codes, and other occult mysteries for a dozen Dan Brown novels!
WINNIPEG The capital and largest city in Manitoba, “The Peg” is an authentic and friendly Canadian Prairie City, full of diverse attractions like the Royal Canadian Mint, The Canadian Museum for Human Rights, CFL Football, the cultural Exchange District, and the historic site The Fork. It’s also a great starting point for exploring the province of Manitoba.
EXPERIENCES • Tee off on more than 230 golf courses, including gems by Jack Nicklaus, Stanley Thompson, and Robert Trent Jones Sr. • Stroll the historic streets of Winnipeg’s Exchange District and discover its café culture, great restaurants, art galleries, and antique shops. • Fly-fish for Northern Pike, rainbow trout, and Eastern Brook Trout at Maligne Lake in Jasper National Park. • Drive north along the Icefields Parkway, and spot grizzly bears, moose, and caribou on your way to Jasper. • Plunge into a rafting adventure in the wild whitewaters of the Kananaskis River. • Explore Winnipeg’s immersive, interactive Canadian Museum for Human Rights, the first museum solely dedicated to the evolution, celebration, and future of human rights.
APPROXIMATE FLIGHT TIMES New York/Newark Philadelphia Boston Miami Los Angeles
5½ Hours 6 Hours 6 Hours 6½ Hours 3 Hours
Peace Bridge, Calgary
ALBERTA: HOTELS Fairmont Banff Springs Banff
Delta Hotels by Marriott Banff Royal 22221/2 Canadian Lodge Banff • Intimate upscale boutique hotel in the heart of Banff • 99 AC rooms & junior suites • Restaurant, bar • Concierge, room service • Grotto Spa, indoor mineral pool, whirlpool • Fitness center • Short walk to downtown Banff • Complimentary Wi-Fi
The Rimrock Resort Hotel Banff • Canada’s Castle in The Rockies, a unique luxury resort in the heart of Banff National Park • 764 Renovated rooms & suites • Fairmont Gold • 12 Restaurants, 3 bars • Concierge, 24-hr room service • 2 Indoor pools, outdoor pool • Willow Stream Spa, fitness center, hot springs • 18-Hole golf course, 5 tennis courts, horse stables
• AAA Four-Diamond Hotel close to Banff Hot Springs & Banff Gondola • Travel+Leisure 2015 “T+L 500” • 343 AC rooms & suites • 3 Restaurants, 2 lounges, café • Concierge, 24-hr room service • Indoor pool, whirlpool • The Rimrock Spa, fitness center, sauna, squash • Complimentary transit to downtown Banff • Complimentary Wi-Fi
Fairmont Château Lake Louise
Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa
• Rustic family-friendly lodge in Banff National Park • 189 Rooms & suites • Restaurant, bar • Concierge, room service • Large jetted hot pool, steam room • Red Earth Spa, fitness center, steam room • Kids playground & picnic area • Complimentary Wi-Fi
Moose Hotel & Suites Banff • Classic, luxurious lakeside resort in Canadian Rockies UNESCO World Heritage Site • Travel+Leisure 2015 “T+L 500” • 552 Renovated rooms & suites • Fairmont Gold • 6 Restaurants, 2 bars • Concierge, 24-hr room service • Indoor heated pool • Fairmont Spa, fitness center, whirlpool • Hiking guides, canoeing, ski shop, horse stables
• Elegant lodge-style resort close to downtown Banff • 174 AC rooms & suites • Restaurant • Room service • 2 Outdoor heated rooftop pools, indoor pool • Meadow Spa & Pools, fitness center, sauna • Complimentary Wi-Fi
ALBERTA & MANITOBA: HOTELS The Fox Hotel & Suites Banff
The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald 2221/2
• Contemporary, family-friendly lodge-style mountain resort in Banff National Park • 116 Rooms & AC suites • Restaurant & lounge, complimentary Continental breakfast • Concierge, room service • Indoor/outdoor hot pool, sauna • Fitness center, ski storage • Complimentary Wi-Fi
• Luxurious grand hotel with magnificent views • 198 AC rooms & suites • Restaurant, bar • Concierge, 24-hr room service • Indoor pool, kids pool • Spa, fitness center, sauna, whirlpool, steam room • Squash courts, sundeck
Delta Hotels by Winnipeg Marriott
• Calgary’s oldest hotel, a historic 1914 landmark • 407 AC rooms & suites • Restaurant, bar • Concierge, 24-hr room service • Indoor pool, whirlpool • RnR Wellness The Spa, fitness center • Live entertainment • Complimentary Wi-Fi
• Recently renovated contemporary hotel in downtown Winnipeg • 393 AC Rooms • Club Level • Restaurant, lounge, coffee shop • Concierge, 24-hr room service • Indoor heated rooftop pool, outdoor pool (seasonal) • Odyssey Fitness Center, whirlpool • Bicycle rentals • Complimentary Wi-Fi
International Hotel Calgary Calgary
• All-suite, family-friendly hotel located in city center close to shopping, dining & attractions • 248 AC rooms & suites • Restaurant, bar, complimentary breakfast buffet • 24-Hr room service • Indoor heated pool • Leela Eco Spa, 24-hr fitness center • Complimentary Wi-Fi, meetings & events space
Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge Jasper
• Luxury lakefront lodge in spectacular Jasper National Park • 446 Renovated rooms, suites & unique 1- to 8-bedroom Signature Cabins • 6 Restaurants, bar • 24-Hr room service • Outdoor pool • Fairmont Spa • 18-Hole golf course, tennis courts • Boat & bike rentals, horse stables • Just for Kids Day Camp
STYLISH CITIES & WORLD-CLASS NATURAL ATTRACTIONS
OTTAWA Ottawa, the nation’s capital, straddles two cultures in a dynamic that fuses this North American city with a distinctly European charm and flair. Its wealth of enriching attractions is topped by formidable Parliament Hill – be sure to catch the “Changing of the Guard” ceremony!
TORONTO More than just a destination, Toronto is an experience. It’s a true international city, a vibrant mosaic of different cultures mingling in a friendly ambiance that’s tuned-in and turnedon to artistic expression of all kinds, packed with museums, ballet and dance companies, opera, symphony orchestras, and 1,000 festivals and events year-round.
• Take a Segway PT for a glide around Toronto’s Distillery District, which features the largest collection of industrial Victorian buildings in Canada. • Explore Niagara Falls on a thrilling boat ride on the Hornblower to the base of spectacular Horseshoe Falls, then get a bird’s-eye view of this awesome attraction with a helicopter flight over the roaring Falls. • Hop onto a coach for a trip through the lush Niagara Peninsula and visit two renowned Niagara wineries for wine tastings and tours, plus lunch at a charming eatery on the beautiful Niagara Parkway.
NIAGARA FALLS Not far from Toronto, Niagara Falls is the “Honeymoon Capital of the World” and namesake of one of the planet’s most celebrated natural wonders. Every minute, 35 million gallons of water pour over the falls, creating a thunderous boom and spraying a mist into the air that forms rainbows at every angle. The Skylon Tower offers a different vantage point of the roaring falls with the Ride-to-the-Top Observation Deck.
ONTARIO EXPERIENCES • Sample exceptional Chardonnays and Rieslings at some of the 70 wineries along the Niagara Wine Route.
Rideau Canal, Ottawa
• Make it your goal to visit the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto, where the sport’s legends come to life! • Stroll Ottawa’s four-block-square ByWard Market, lined with museums, cafés, food shops, boutiques, and galleries. • Watch the Changing of the Guard on Ottawa’s Parliament Hill, a clone of the famous Buckingham Palace ritual. • Don a raincoat and board the Hornblower for unparalleled views of Niagara Falls. • Strap on a harness and lean out from the CN Tower’s EdgeWalk for insane views of Toronto – from 116 stories up… • Cheer on the Blue Jays, Maple Leafs, Raptors, and Argonauts in sports-mad Toronto! • Take a lazy drive along the scenic 35-mile Niagara Parkway to historic Niagara-on-the-Lake, home to some of Canada’s outstanding wineries. • Rewind and preview the past in Toronto’s romantic mansion, Casa Loma, once Canada’s largest private residence. • Cruise along the Inner Harbour and learn about the history of Toronto and where it stands today while taking in scenic views of its parklands and lagoons.
SIGHTSEEING Canada’s biggest city, national capital, and most famous natural attraction top the list of places to see and be! •
Join a guided bus and walking tour of Toronto that focuses on the downtown area, including the St. Lawrence Market; lively Nathan Phillips Square at New City Hall; PATH, the world’s largest underground shopping complex; and more of the city’s dynamic neighborhoods.
Niagara Falls, Ontario
APPROXIMATE FLIGHT TIMES New York/Newark Philadelphia Boston Miami Los Angeles
1½ Hours 1½ Hours 2 Hours 3½ Hours 5 Hours
ONTARIO: HOTELS Great Wolf Lodge Niagara Falls
Fairmont Royal York 2222
• Family-friendly resort & water park close to Niagara Falls • 406 AC suites • 5 restaurants, coffee shop, 3 bars, 2 pool bars • Indoor water park, outdoor pool, 5 indoor pools, 2 whirlpools • Elements Day Spa, 24-hr Iron Horse Fitness Center, kids spa • Mini golf, arcade, playground, bowling • Supervised kids program • Complimentary Wi-Fi
• Luxurious landmark hotel near Toronto’s biggest attractions • AAA Four-Diamond Award • 1,365 AC rooms & suites • 5 Restaurants, 4 bars • Indoor lap pool, kids pool, whirlpool • Elizabeth Milan Day Spa, fitness center, sauna, steam rooms • Family travel packages
Marriott on the Falls
Chelsea Hotel, Toronto
• Modern high-rise hotel only 200 yards from majestic Niagara Falls • 405 AC rooms & suites • Restaurant, Great Room Lounge, Starbucks® • Indoor heated pool, sauna, whirlpool • Spa, fitness center • Casinos & golf nearby
• Canada’s largest hotel, located just steps from Toronto’s best attractions • 1,590 AC rooms & suites • 2 Restaurants, bar, coffee & wine bar • 24-Hr room service • Fitness center, sauna, sundeck • Indoor heated adults-only pool, kids indoor pool, whirlpool • Kids club & teen lounge • Complimentary Wi-Fi
ONTARIO: HOTELS Embassy Suites By Hilton Niagara Falls2222 Fallsview Niagara Falls
The Ritz-Carlton Toronto
• Modern high-rise tower hotel just 100 yards from Horseshoe Falls • 525 AC suites • 2 Restaurants, 2 bars, complimentary breakfast • Concierge, room service • Indoor pool, whirlpool • Fitness center • Arcade, gift shop, tour desk • Complimentary Evening Reception • Complimentary Wi-Fi
• Posh downtown hotel close to city’s major attractions • Toronto’s only AAA Five-Diamond Award hotel • 263 AC rooms & suites • Ritz-Carlton Club Level • Restaurant, 2 bars • Indoor pool • Spa My Blend by Clarins, fitness center
Hilton Hotel & Suites Niagara Falls/ 2222 Fallsview Niagara Falls
The Westin Harbour Castle Toronto
• Canada’s tallest hotel, with spectacular views of Niagara Falls • 1,000 AC rooms & suites • 4 Restaurants, 3 bars, café • Concierge, room service • Indoor pool, water slide • Spa at Fallsview Casino, fitness center, sauna, steam room, hot tub • Walkway to Fallsview Casino next door
• Modern high-rise hotel on scenic Lake Ontario in downtown Toronto near Air Canada Centre • AAA Four-Diamond Award • 977 AC rooms • 4 Restaurants, 2 bars, café • Concierge, 24-hr room service • Indoor pool, sauna • Votre Beauté Day Spa, WestinWORKOUT® Fitness Studio • Westin Kids Club
Sheraton on the Falls Hotel Niagara Falls
• AAA Four-Diamond Award hotel conveniently located across from Niagara Falls with dramatic views • 669 AC rooms & suites • 2 Restaurants, lobby bar • Indoor pool, outdoor seasonal pool • Christienne Fallsview Spa, fitness center
Fairmont Chateau Laurier Ottawa
• Classic 1912 hotel reminiscent of French châteaux • Condé Nast Traveler “Gold List 2013” • 426 AC rooms & suites • Fairmont Gold • 2 Restaurants, lounge • Concierge, 24-hr room service • Indoor pool, fitness center • Massage services, saunas
NEW-WORLD EXCITEMENT & EUROPEAN CHARM
Château Frontenac, Québec City
MONTRÉAL A romantic, elegant testament to joie de vivre, Montréal is the second largest French-speaking city in the world (after Paris). The modern metropolis swirls with sleek skyscrapers, theaters, world-class events, glittering nightlife, and nearly 7,600 restaurants. Stroll down a cobblestone street of Old Montréal and stop at the Jacques-Cartier for a sun-drenched afternoon.
QUÉBEC CITY Step into the streets of Québec City, and you’ll swear you’ve landed somewhere in Europe instead. The French language, the cobblestone alleyways, and the charming architecture add up to a serene beauty that you simply cannot find in any other North American city. Explore the winding streets on romantic carriage rides through Québec City amid enchanting sights of château-style architecture.
• Travel back in time to rural Québec as you ride along the Chemin du Roy (King’s Highway) heritage route on the north bank of the St. Lawrence River all the way to Sainte-Anne de-Beaupré, where a must-see is the Basilica, an important Catholic sanctuary that can fairly be called the Lourdes of North America. • Score great tickets to the Montreal Canadiens, Canadian Grand Prix, Cirque du Soleil, ice shows, and superstar pop, rock, and classical music performances at Montréal’s top venues!
TREMBLANT The picturesque Laurentian Mountains form the backdrop to the pedestrian village of Tremblant, a pastiche of traditionalstyle alpine resorts, restaurants, and international boutiques. In winter, Mont Tremblant is a magnet for skiers and snowboarders, and the fun continues into summer, with sailing, windsurfing, kayaking, hiking, and biking.
QUEBEC EXPERIENCES • Shop for high-end fashions along Montréal’s Rue Sherbrooke and funkier styles on Avenue du Mont-Royal. Notre Dame Cathedral, Montreal Photo: meunierd/Shutterstock.com
• Walk the walls of the fortification surrounding Old Québec, a three-mile hike with fabulous views. • Strap on your skis and glide down the slopes of Mont Tremblant, one of the world’s most beautiful mountains. • Get your groove on at the Montréal International Jazz Festival in June/July, the world’s largest jazz festival. • Pedal a bicycle around the Formula 1 circuit at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve race track on Montréal’s Île Notre-Dame. • Sit down to award-winning French cuisine at any number of restaurants and outdoor cafés in Québec City. • Take a whale-watching cruise on the St. Lawrence River starting from Québec City’s Baie-Sainte-Catherine Pier. • Visit one of the province’s numerous “Sugar Shacks” for a hearty meal and fresh-made maple syrup. • Enter a historic web of the fascinating Notre-Dame Basilica and marvel at the gothic interiors and intricate wooden carvings.
SIGHTSEEING Bienvenue au “French Canada” and its alluring European-style metropolises of Montréal and Québec City! • Ride along on a tour that provides a comprehensive orientation of historic and modern Québec City, spotlighting the Plains of Abraham, the Citadel, the Fortifications, the National Assembly, Place Royale, and the Basilica. • Join a fully-narrated tour of Montréal’s top attractions, including the beautiful Notre Dame Basilica, historic Old Montréal, the Olympic Complex, McGill University, Mount Royal, and scores of other sights.
Porte Dauphine Gate, Québec City
APPROXIMATE FLIGHT TIMES New York/Newark Philadelphia Boston Miami Los Angeles
1½ Hours 1½ Hours 2 Hours 3½ Hours 5 Hours
QUÉBEC: HOTELS Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth Montréal
Fairmont Le Château Frontenac 22221/2
• Contemporary hotel in downtown Montréal near Bell Centre & other attractions • AAA Four-Diamond Award • 950 AC rooms & suites • Restaurant, Signature bar, coffee bar, 1st urban market in Canadian hotel • Fairmont Gold • Concierge, 24-hr room service • Indoor pool, kids pool, whirlpool • Wellness Centre (24-hr), Jacuzzi
• Iconic grand hotel inside the walls of Old Québec • 611 AC rooms & suites • Fairmont Gold Level • 2 Restaurants, lounge, wine & cheese bar, Starbucks® • Concierge, room service • Indoor pool, indoor kids pool • Le Spa du Château, fitness center
Le Centre Sheraton Montréal Hotel
• Sophisticated AAA Five-Diamond hotel in heart of the Golden Square Mile • Travel+Leisure 2015 “T+L 500” • 129 AC rooms & suites • Maison Boulud Restaurant, Dom Pérignon bar • Indoor rooftop saltwater pool • Fitness center, massage services • Meetings & Events space
Delta Hotels by Marriott Montreal Montréal Preferred Partner • Landmark hotel close to downtown Montréal attractions • 825 AC rooms & suites • Sheraton Club Lounge • 2 Restaurants, bar • Concierge, room service • Indoor atrium-style saltwater pool, outdoor terrace (seasonal) • Sheraton Fitness Centre, sauna, whirlpool, massage studio
• Luxury high-rise hotel near Le Quartier des Spectacles in downtown Montréal • 456 AC rooms • Restaurant, bar • Concierge, 24-hr room service • Indoor saltwater pool, Jacuzzi • M BioSpa, fitness center, sauna • Squash courts • Complimentary Wi-Fi
QUÉBEC: HOTELS Delta Québec Québec City
Hotel Manoir Victoria 2222
Hotel Clarendon • Historic, elegant 1870 hotel with impeccable service in historic Old Québec • 143 AC rooms • Restaurant, bar • Room service • Live music • Wedding services, meeting facilities • Indoor parking ($) • Complimentary Wi-Fi
• Chic urban hotel with personalized service • 156 AC rooms & suites • 2 Restaurants, bar • Concierge, room service • Indoor pool, sauna • Le Spa du Manoir, fitness center • Indoor parking ($) • Complimentary Wi-Fi
• Sleek, modern high-rise hotel in downtown area, just steps from Old Québec • 377 AC rooms & suites • Restaurant, lobby bar • Concierge, room service • Outdoor heated pool, sundeck • Spa services, fitness center, sauna • Complimentary Wi-Fi
Fairmont Tremblant 2222
• Modern ski-in/ski-out location • 314 AC rooms & suites • Restaurant, lounge • Concierge, room service • Indoor & outdoor pools and whirlpools • Amerispa ($), fitness center, sauna, steam room • Game room • 5 Golf courses only 10 minutes away
FASCINATING ATTRACTIONS AT THE EDGE OF THE CONTINENT
ATLANTIC CANADA: HOTELS NOVA SCOTIA Halifax, Nova Scotia’s capital, is a favorite of the region. The waterside historic district reveals a maritime past, and the Citadel, a former British military base and Canada’s most visited National Historic Site, speaks to its colonial past. Cape Breton Island, with its scenic trails and ideal spots for fishing, whalewatching, and sailing, is hailed by Condé Nast Traveler as “The World’s Most Beautiful Island.”
NEWFOUNDLAND & LABRADOR Go back in time in Newfoundland and Labrador, to the remnants of North America’s only documented Viking settlement. St. John’s is the capital of Newfoundland and the oldest city in North America, defined by a downtown waterfront lined with historic buildings, coves, plaques, and parks. For nightlife excitement, head to George Street’s clubs, pubs, bars, and restaurants.
PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND Become acquainted with historic Charlottetown, the quaint provincial capital, reached by crossing the Confederation Bridge. Visit the house made famous in “Anne of Green Gables.”
NEW BRUNSWICK Saint John, a popular cruise ship port, is capped by historic Fort Howe, which provides a panoramic view of the city and harbor. Head to the City Market for local foods, artworks, and handicrafts. City Market Hopewell Cape in the Bay of Fundy sees four-story-high tides rush in and recede twice daily.
Delta St. John’s and Conference Centre St. John’s, Newfoundland & Labrador
• Modern high-rise hotel in downtown St. John’s • 276 AC rooms & suites • Restaurant, lounge • Room service • Indoor heated pool, whirlpool, sauna • Fitness center, squash courts • Pet-friendly
Delta Hotels by Marriott Halifax Halifax, Nova Scotia
• Luxurious modern hotel connected to Halifax’s downtown Link underground walkway • 296 AC rooms • Restaurant & bar • Indoor pool, sauna, whirlpool • Sore Spots Massage Therapy Spa • Fitness center • Business center
ATLANTIC CANADA EXPERIENCES • Stroll the narrow, winding streets and laneways of St. John’s, one of the oldest mercantile districts in North America, and explore the museums, galleries, historical sites, parks, restaurants, pubs, and specialty shops. • In winter, head to The Oval in Halifax for free public ice skating at this venue, originally built for long track speed skating for the Canada Games. (In summer, in-line skates are the ticket!)
The Great George Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
• You may never have heard of Peggy’s Cove Lighthouse, but you’ve seen a zillion photos of this Canadian icon, set about 10 miles southwest of Halifax. The lighthouse is awesome – and so are the views.
APPROXIMATE FLIGHT TIMES New York/Newark Philadelphia Boston Miami Los Angeles
1½ Hours 1½ Hours 2 Hours 3½ Hours 5 Hours
Hilton Saint John Saint John, New Brunswick • Contemporary city hotel on the harbor, close to downtown attractions & nearby outdoor adventures • 197 AC rooms & suites • Restaurant, bar • Concierge, room service • Indoor heated saltwater pool, sauna • Fitness center, track • Kids activities
2222 Preferred Partner • Historic, luxurious Victorian-era boutique hotel close to Charlottetown’s dining & attractions • 54 AC rooms & suites • Complimentary continental breakfast • Concierge • 24-Hr fitness center • Media library, excursions • Complimentary Wi-Fi
GENERAL CONDITIONS Any bookings for tours or travel, including without limitation, for airfares, cruises or packages incorporated in this brochure (“Travel”) made by a client or customer (“You”) with an employee or contractor of FCUSA, Inc. dba Liberty Travel (“Liberty”) are subject to the following general conditions (“General Conditions”) together with the terms and conditions annexed to the itinerary confirmation:
Reservations and Payment
A deposit and a signed itinerary confirmation are required at the time of booking. Upon payment of a deposit, You indicate acceptance of the General Conditions. The amount of the deposit will depend on the package booked. At Liberty’s sole discretion full payment may be required 60 days prior to departure; reservations made within 60 days of departure are subject to immediate payment in full; or such other time as Liberty notifies You from time to time. If You are part of a group and have a group representative, your group representative is responsible for advising the group of any/all cancellation penalties. Any person or entity, with whom You deal to book your Travel, does so strictly as your agent. Liberty disclaims liability for payments made to anyone (including such person or entity appointed as your agent), until we receive such payment earmarked for your account and we accept it as such.
Cancellations and Refunds
All refunds are subject to cancellation charges of up to 100% of the cost of the Travel. Detailed deposit and cancellation information will be furnished upon booking. All refunds are conditioned upon your understanding that your acceptance of a refund is on the express condition that You release Liberty Travel from any and all liability and You thereby waive all additional rights and remedies under your contract or any applicable state, federal or foreign law.
Any changes or revisions to your Travel will be subject to charges at Liberty’s sole discretion or that imposed by a third party.
Not Included in Package Price
Our price for Travel does not include porterage at airport (unless specified) and hotels; tips to local representatives, sightseeing guides, restaurant employees, hotel bellman and chambermaids, wines, liquors, laundry or any other items of a personal nature as well as any items not specifically mentioned within itinerary. Tipping is left to your discretion. In addition, price for Travel are subject to holiday blackouts, peak period and surcharges and other restrictions may apply and vary by resort, cruise and airline carrier.
Refunds for Unused Services
Unused hotel nights are refundable only if they cover a minimum of two consecutive nights and only to the extent that the tour operator receives a refund from the hotel after deducting cancellation charges levied by the hotel, if any. Unused transfers and/or sightseeing tours included in the basic tours will only be refunded to the extent that the tour operator receives a refund from the supplier. To get a prompt refund for unused services, clients are requested to submit to their agent written proof from the hotel or other operator that services were unused and refundable. A check-out bill from the hotel in question will be accepted in lieu of special certification. If no proof is furnished, a refund may be made pending an investigation, which may take up to three months. To be accepted, all refund claims should be presented to the travel agent who initially booked the tour, no later than 30 days after the trip has ended. No refunds or adjustments will be made for any changes, cancellations or modifications of services provided in this itinerary, if such changes are made by the tour participant during the tour. All refunds are conditioned upon your understanding that your acceptance of a refund is on the express condition that You release Liberty Travel from any and all liability and You thereby waive all additional rights and remedies under your contract or any applicable state, federal or foreign law.
Car, Moped or Scooter Rental
A valid driver’s license, major credit card and/or cash deposit are necessary for rentals. All countries have a minimum age requirement, please check with your travel consultant for details. Supplements apply during certain periods.
Local Taxes and Service Charges
Local room tax, energy surcharges and service charges on room and meals are not included unless specified. Taxes and service charges are based on the hotel’s daily room tariff and not on the land package prices.
Important Notes–Consult Agent
PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP: Be prepared with proper documentation! United States citizens are required to have a valid passport to travel internationally. Visit http:www. travel.state.gov for information on how to obtain a passport, including forms, fees, and how to locate a passport acceptance facility nearest You. No refunds will be made if improper documentation results in denied boarding or entry. If You are not a U.S. citizen be certain to check with the consulate of the country You are traveling to for full entry requirements (Visas may be required in addition to passports).
These packages are sold in conjunction with the services of approved ARC and IATA member carriers. Government regulations now enable air carriers to increase their fares on 24-hour notice.
Requirements may change after this printing so we recommend that you verify any immigration requirements with the tourist office or consulate before you travel.
Travel insurance can help cover unexpected events and is available to provide coverage that may include both medical and cancellation coverage for reasons listed on the description of coverage applicable to the travel protection plan purchased. Please refer to your consultant for more information.
Air fuel surcharge is included in pricing. Some fares may be non-refundable but may be exchanged for a fee, plus any additional airfare costs due to difference in new airfares. Airlines offer varied promotional fares to the destinations included in this brochure. A minimum stay and advance purchase/ticketing is required. Holiday supplements are applicable and further restrictions may apply. Some airlines impose additional charges if you choose to check any baggage. Please contact your airline or refer to www.libertytravel.com for more information regarding airlines checked baggage policies.
Liberty and its employees, shareholders, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, successors, agents, and assigns does not own or operate any entity which provides goods and services for Your Travel including without limitation, lodging facilities, airline, vessel, motor coach, or other transportation companies, guides or guide services, local ground operators, providers or organizers of optional excursions, food service providers, etc. All such persons and entities are independent contractors and are in no way affiliated to Liberty or any of Liberty’s affiliated entities. As a result, Liberty is not liable for any negligent or willful act or failure to act of any such person or entity or of any third party. In addition and without limitation, Liberty is not responsible for any injury, loss, death, inconvenience, delay, or damage to person or property in connection with the provision of any goods or services whether resulting from, but not limited to, acts of God or force majeure, illness, disease, acts of war or civil unrest, insurrection or revolt, animals, strikes or other labor activities, criminal or terrorist activities of any kind, overbooking or downgrading of accommodations, mechanical or other failure of airplanes or other means of transportation, or for any failure of any transportation mechanism to arrive or depart on time. Also be advised that certain foreign facilities such as air-conditioning systems in public places, hotels and motor coaches are not up to U.S. standards. Liberty reserves the right to withdraw any program or Travel in this brochure and/or make such changes in the program(s) or Travel. If due to weather, flight schedules or other uncontrollable factors You are required to spend additional night(s), You will be responsible for your own hotel, transfers and meal costs. Baggage is entirely at owner’s risk. You may see the name Liberty affixed to motor vehicles, on signs around the hotel or elsewhere. This use of our name is purely for reasons of identification and does not denote ownership, supervision, or control by Liberty in any way. The prices of these tours are based on rates in effect (including foreign exchange rates) at the time of printing and are subject to change without notice.
AARP and Liberty Travel
Please be advised that conditions apply: special promotions valid on new bookings only. Maximum $100 savings per booking ($50 per person, maximum two people) on Liberty Travel air/land bookings of 5 nights or longer. Valid on bookings to the Caribbean, Mexico, Hawaii, Europe, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Africa and South Pacific. Not valid on cruises, escorted tours or USA bookings. Discount applies to land portion of bookings only. Deposit reduced from $150 per person to $50 per person for AARP members. Final payment reduced to 30 days prior to departure date for AARP members. Contact Liberty Travel for further details at 1-866-823-5793.
Price Beat Guarantee
We won’t be beaten on price. If you happen to find a cheaper available price, we’ll beat it! Conditions apply.† Applies to genuine written quotes for travel on the same day & itinerary from the United States of America IATA/ARC - registered businesses and websites Quote must be presented prior to purchase. Subject to availability. Cannot be combined with any other Liberty Travel discounted offer. Valid for travel departing within United States of America. The Price Beat Guarantee Policy is not only to match the competition but also to beat the price by $1 per adult and $1 per child. Please see libertytravel.com/pricebeat for more details. †
The construction, validity and performance of these General Conditions and any disputes between the parties shall be governed by and construed according to the laws of the State of New Jersey, without giving effect to its conflicts of law principles, and any federal laws applicable therein. Both parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of New Jersey with respect to any legal proceedings relating to these terms. Effective: January 2017 - January 2018 FCUSA Inc. dba Liberty Travel 2017 does not assume any responsibility for errors or omissions in this brochure. BRC 122
Reorder No. BR 422L
Over 125 store locations in the US For store locations and hours, visit
1.877.LIBERTY Your nearest Liberty Travel location is
Ask about exclusive AARP Member Benefits at Liberty Travel