ST . H
ree The G nwa
R O AD
28 Bow Creek Ecology Park
to Blackheath and Lewisham
Canning Town CANNING TOWN to Woolwich Arsenal Y WA
R iv e r T h a me
29 East India East Dock Basin
to Cubitt Town
ST R LAIR
Y ASP E N WA
n ne l se a R
West India Quay
L. BLA C K WA LL T N
to Canary Wharf
Gasworks Bridge Bow Locks Meridian
RD. EAST IND IA DOCK
House Mill and Miller’s House (Three Mills)
AL R O AD
Langdon ParkELIA ST.
RD NA EO ST. L ROAD
CH R I S P
City Mills 28 Lock
to Upton Park
P O R T W AY
Three Three Mills Mills Island
RO RT S BE
W AY L’ S AU
COMM Limehouse Basin
to Bethnal Green
er M i l l Ri v
P h pat Towlosed 4 c 2 01 il unt
NE H G AT E L A
RO D. O N R T. BE N JO NS PA U
Bromley By Bow
to Bethnal Green and Shadwell
M A RS
Leen r ve tio Ri aviga N IR
Bow BOW Church
• Horse riding - Lee Valley Riding Centre - set in 25 acres of wonderful open space this cente provides accessible, affordable riding for all abilities, with 50 safe, fun and well-scholled horses and ponies.
Pudding Mill Lane
• Golf - WaterWorks Golf Centre - a testing 18 hole par 3 course which will benefit both the beginner and the established player. A floodlit five bay driving range will help you develop your skills.
E S ROUT
Nearby things to do...
• WaterWorks Nature Reserve - the sister site to Middlesex Filter Beds it was once used for water purification, but it’s now a unique wildlife haven that boasts a large bird hide, wildlife garden and willow canopy boardwalk.
to Aldgate and Oxford Circus
Nearby places to visit...
to Liverpool Street, Oxford Circus and Hackney
The nearest train stations are East India DLR (5 minute walk) or Canary Wharf underground station (20 minute walk). Bus 227 stops on Oregano Drive (3 minute walk).
• Walthamstow Marshes - this Site of Special Scientific Interest is very important for certain rare plants and other wildlife and is a fragment of the once extensive marshes.
East India Dock Basin (Orchard Place, London E14 9QS)
• Middlesex Filter Beds - these filter beds have been transformed to provide diverse wildlife habitats, they also boast two artwork features: ‘Nature’s Throne’ and ‘Rise ‘n’ Shine Magic Fish’.
ROS ST C ) EA 2(M A10 E R R A C E T
Please be aware that the Olympic Zone is a construction area. Therefore some paths may have to close from time to time. Please check www.london2012.com for up to date information RO
to Liverpool Lock Street andto Embankment Hackney Wick
Carpenters Road Lock
The nearest train station is Canning Town (5 minute walk). Bus 115 also stops at Canning Town.
Bow Creek Ecology Park (Bidder Street, London E16 4ST)
Three Mills Island (Three Mills Lane, London E3 3DU)
The Tesco car park opposite has limited, restricted public car parking. We strongly advise that you travel by train or bus to the site. The nearest stations are Bow Church DLR (10 minute walk), Bromley-by-Bow underground station (5 minute walk). Buses 448 and 108 stop outside Tesco; D8 and 25 stop at Bow flyover (5 minute walk). 28
to Hackney/ Clapton VI
Stratford to the River Thames
to North Greenwich
© Crown copyright and Database Rights 2012. Ordnance Survey 100019982
KEY Lee Valley Regional Park area
• Ice skating - Lee Valley Ice Centre - an ideal place to give ice skating a try at this regional centre for excellence, where public skating sessions are available to suit all ages and abilities.
Adjacent green areas
For more information go to visitleevalley.org.uk
For more information please call 08456 770 600 or go to visitleevalley.org.uk
Areas of restricted public access Cycle route
Lea Valley Walk
Rail line and station
Lee Valley Pathway
London Underground station
Combined Lea Valley Walk & Lee Valley Pathway
Docklands Light Railway station Scale
Combined Lee Valley Pathway & Public footpath Other paths
Combined Lee Valley Pathway & Other paths Lock Level crossing
Map 5 of 5
Approximate walking time (minutes) 10
Published on Mar 22, 2012
CANNING TOWN BOW STRATFORD VIC TO R I A Lee Valley Regional Park area Adjacent green areas Areas of restricted public access Cycle route Lea...